PreContest Ramblings

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

PreContest Ramblings

Unread post by Obadiah »

Some bittersweet news. First, the 2022-23 MBB Prediction Contest will open at the end of October. No change in the format of contest is planned with the grand prize awarded to best overall record prediction and bonus prizes being made for best predictions on top scorer, team scoring and home attendance average.

On the distaff side, I regret that this will be the last contest I will conduct since personal circumstances have intervened to limit my future participation on this terrific URI forum. Besides it’s time for others with new and better ideas to take the reins, so I hope someone will step up and keep the contest going in future years.

It’s been a great pleasure and a source of pride to be part of this group over the years. Thanks to all who help make URI basketball and this forum such a treat to follow.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: PreContest Ramblings

Unread post by ramster »

Obadiah,
Thank you for organizing the contest this season as well as for all of the past seasons.
You are amazing.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

ramster wrote: 1 year ago Obadiah,
Thank you for organizing the contest this season as well as for all of the past seasons.
You are amazing.
Thanks again Obadiah for your contribution to this forum.
Wishing you the best.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Wow .Thanks Obie for having done such an incredible job with the contest each year . I know all of us have so looked forward to it every season .Just
wanted you to know how much I have appreciated all of your efforts over the years.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thanks for all you've done to keep this content going over the years! It's always one of the most fun parts of this board every season.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Definitely the best contest ever. I have enjoyed it very much. Looked forward to it every year!!!!!!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Wishing Obadiah the best! One of the pillars of Ramfandom!!
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Thanks OB , agree this contest is about as good as it gets on this forum
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Your work was one of commitment not merely involvement. Thank you.
NCAAs or Bust!