2022 Football Game 4 - URI at No. 24 Pittsburgh, Sat. Sept. 24, 12 p.m.

All things Rhody Rams football.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 2022 Football Game 4 - URI at No. 24 Pittsburgh, Sat. Sept. 24, 12 p.m.

Unread post by reef »

TD URI

38-24 respectable effort vs # 24 Pitt
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Both the Defense and the Offense with back to back performances in the 4th quarter.

Deep stop by the D, and then a long TD drive by the O.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

Considering the Special Teams TD by Pitt to start the game, really not a bad effort by URI vs #24 ranked in the nation Pitt.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We just roughed their kicker on the extra point attempt
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

for the record I disagree with the onside kick. Nothing was going to lead to 14 points in a minute and a half.

And Pitt made them pay for it once with a TD, and then Pitt gave them their own onside kick for good measure and converted it.

I don't think that's the way they should have left Pittsburgh, but that's just me.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Agree the onside kick made no sense but the performance itself should be a confidence builder for the team.

How long is Westley Neale expected to be out?
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

The team played hard and kept it respectable, that’s really all you can ask.

Prior to Fleming we would have lost a game like this 52-7 so credit to Fleming for what he’s put together here.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

eli#10 wrote: 1 year ago Agree the onside kick made no sense but the performance itself should be a confidence builder for the team.

How long is Westley Neale expected to be out?
Not sure. I was pretty surprised to see him on the two deep after Delaware. Probably week to week
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

jcru wrote: 1 year ago for the record I disagree with the onside kick. Nothing was going to lead to 14 points in a minute and a half.

And Pitt made them pay for it once with a TD, and then Pitt gave them their own onside kick for good measure and converted it.

I don't think that's the way they should have left Pittsburgh, but that's just me.
I have no problem with the onside kick, the execution by the kicker for the second straight week was bad, really bad. Leonard, and the special teams coach, really needs to work on his onside kicks as this is the second straight week that it was one big bounce 12 yards down the field. Way too easy to catch and run with. Put the ball flat on the tee like everybody else is doing.

Then to add insult to injury the Rams defense comes out expecting them to take a knee and let's up an easy touchdown. And then a stupid special teams penalty enables them to kickoff from the 50. And the kicker does an onside kick that pissed me off and I was not happy with Narduzzi. Turns out kicker went rogue so I guess I cannot blame the coach. End of the game left a really bad taste.

I thought I would get some enjoyment switching and watching the Auburn fans meltdown after losing at home to Missouri. Missouri literally gave that game away, it was unbelievable. First, they miss a 26 yard field goal at the end of regulation. Pure choke job, the kicker was 10 for 10 between the 20's before the miss. They go into overtime. Auburn has the ball first and has like a 44 yard field goal that they miss. But no, Missouri jumps offsides and Auburn gets another kick which it makes. Two bozo plays in five plays. But it gets better (or worse). Missouri has a walk in touchdown for the win and the dude just drops the ball before crossing the goal line for a fumble and Auburn recovery. Just a dumb play by the runner trying to switch hands at the goal line and extend the ball over the line. Not necessary, you were going to score anyway and if you were tackled it is a first and goal from the one. I was speechless at what I had just watched. Man no enjoyment for me watching the Auburns fans meltdown but I felt worse for the Missouri fans. Like how the hell did they lose that game. Anyway time to watch the Clemson - Wake Forest overtime.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Rhody showed well IMO.
That’s a legit FBS program with dudes all over the field. That RB was fantastic. Offense always looks more dynamic when Warren is involved. IMO Deshields is the clear #1 moving fwd and Summers becoming a factor.
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

I dont think the decision to onside kick it was that bad. It shows your guys we aren’t out, fight until the end etc. As was correctly pointed out, the execution fell flat.

Had some trouble early on establishing the run outside of Deshields long one. Really kills the drive to have minimal gains on first and second down. Pitt’s size, strength and athleticism seemed to play a large part in it.
Once we settled down we played better. A few early false starts seem to set us back as well. Hill seemed to settle in and play better as the game went on.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Our onside kick was the right call. Their onside kick was rubbing our noses in it.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Good teams win but great teams cover.
Bri234u
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Bri234u »

I was more impressed with Deleware than Pitt. I am proud of how Rhody played yesterday. Bring on Brown!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

From the Pitt board

"the official number is the largest crowd for a FCS game in Heinz Field history" ~54,667 fans
GO RAMS
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Must be cuz we travel so well with our legion of football fans? Or....?
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Pitt just doesn't have fans lol

They couldn't even sell out for Tennessee.