'20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri ---> Austin Peay ---> Siena)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Re: '20 NY SF - Sean Durugordon (Missouri > ???)

Unread post by McRam »

An idk is not Archie’s style. Could easily n
Be referring to another school(coach).
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago D3814CA2-B95D-4DC1-9D7B-4708CB8EADBD.jpeg

Only update from Sean is this. Guess he’s not coming
That could literally mean anything.
Recruiting excitement is back on KB! Back to being chicken littles trying to over analyze every single social media post like it's the Davinci Code
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

He already took it down. Probably directed at a girl.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ElbertC2020 wrote: 2 years ago He already took it down. Probably directed at a girl.
I'm still seeing it but multiple people said it's gone. Odd.
Last edited by steveystuds06 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I believe all three of his IG messages from yesterday and today have been taken down. Probably a recommendation from someone in his camp.
“We will be good when we are good.”
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago I believe all three of his IG messages from yesterday and today have been taken down. Probably a recommendation from someone in his camp.
Yeah not seeing anything on his insta or Twitter.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago I believe all three of his IG messages from yesterday and today have been taken down. Probably a recommendation from someone in his camp.
Stories on IG automatically go away after 24 hours. But yes the latest one is gone. I really hope it has nothing to do with us but the only update from his visit was this post. We usually see recruits with a pic in a Rhody uniform with the #notcommited at the very least... Hopefully, it's nothing and we get good news tomorrow.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Pretty sure this isn’t related to the URI visit. Think it’s something else 😂 😂
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Hopefully that’s a good sign.
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Could also be about a broad lol, but hopefully it’s URI.
GO RAMS
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Could also be about a broad lol, but hopefully it’s URI.
Maybe his new life, his lady, his love will be the sea known as the Atlantic Ocean.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago
I take this as a positive for Rhody.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago
Let’s hope he commits tomorrow!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago

Pretty sure this isn’t related to the URI visit. Think it’s something else 😂 😂
I also think this is about a chick and has nothing to do with hoops !!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

:lol: It’s song lyrics - I started a trend
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

ace wrote: 2 years ago
Less than ideal
Backroads
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Backroads »

Not good news for us or RV
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Nope. Not good.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

no bueno
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Tick tock
GO RAMS
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Is funny to me that a kid who gets no playing time on the worst team in his conference would even entertain the idea of going to one of the best teams in the conference

Who knows, maybe Bama has a real role for him. But just seems like a recipe for disaster for him to ever make a serious impact
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago Is funny to me that a kid who gets no playing time on the worst team in his conference would even entertain the idea of going to one of the best teams in the conference

Who knows, maybe Bama has a real role for him. But just seems like a recipe for disaster for him to ever make a serious impact
Do we know if Bama is just sending out feelers or if they actually offered?
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

It's not my place to say, but...

This comes down to one of two things: Is your priority to: 1. Get the most playing time at the highest level you can get, or 2. to go to the highest level team you can get an offer from, regardless of playing time, which is what he did the first time around, even if that means being the 6th, 7th, 8th man, etc.

After that Guru came on here and explained everything soup to nuts how this process works, this is the decision he has to make.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Don’t turn on the guy before he even makes his decision.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

amen ^^^

and enough w the RV digs

my goodness

so tired of that BS

you get a guy that is doing good work for Rhody and people constantly throws shade his way
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

ECR I'm starting to wonder about you... Maybe you are RV. People are entitled to their own opinions. I don't think anyone can argue that his content is the best we have ever seen at Rhody in my opinion. It's the other stuff that people don't care for much.

Moving on....
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

jcru wrote: 2 years ago It's not my place to say, but...

This comes down to one of two things: Is your priority to: 1. Get the most playing time at the highest level you can get, or 2. to go to the highest level team you can get an offer from, regardless of playing time, which is what he did the first time around, even if that means being the 6th, 7th, 8th man, etc.

After that Guru came on here and explained everything soup to nuts how this process works, this is the decision he has to make.
Yup. And the comment applies to every recruit not just Sean.

With the free transfer rule, if you’re not a bonafide top 25 recruit with guaranteed playing time, there’s a case to be made that you shouldn’t go to a top 10 team.

Worst case you go to a lesser P5 or high mid major and can transfer back up to the program after you’ve developed and proved it on the court. Kids are too obsessed with playing for the best school, and then don’t end up playing/developing.

It isn’t 1980 anymore. If you’re good, the NBA and professional teams will find you wherever you are
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

MTK4L wrote: 2 years ago ECR I'm starting to wonder about you... Maybe you are RV. People are entitled to their own opinions. I don't think anyone can argue that his content is the best we have ever seen at Rhody in my opinion. It's the other stuff that people don't care for much.

Moving on....

fair enough

and come on.. do you honestly think a man who cites johnny cash lyrics and doesnt own a social media account is actually RV !??!!

haha... i just enjoy the interviews and 'talking rhody'

like i said tho - i wish he would post long video clips.. like 10 minute + clips
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
Let’s hope he commits tomorrow!
Doesn’t commit and we have another program involved. Great!!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
MTK4L
Steve Chubin

Unread post by MTK4L »

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago
MTK4L wrote: 2 years ago ECR I'm starting to wonder about you... Maybe you are RV. People are entitled to their own opinions. I don't think anyone can argue that his content is the best we have ever seen at Rhody in my opinion. It's the other stuff that people don't care for much.

Moving on....

fair enough

and come on.. do you honestly think a man who cites johnny cash lyrics and doesnt own a social media account is actually RV !??!!

haha... i just enjoy the interviews and 'talking rhody'

like i said tho - i wish he would post long video clips.. like 10 minute + clips
LOL, Fair enough
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Sean made it a point to tell Zags that RI coaches were visiting him at home next week. That tells me both sides are still open to Sean transferring to RI. Otherwise there wouldn’t be an in home visit next week. Maybe Sean’s advisor has told him to see all the options that are available (firm offers) before making a final decision.

I don’t see him going to Alabama. They probably just put out a feeler. Players like to share P6 interest to pump up their image to other schools and it strokes their ego (these are 20 year olds).
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He just posted pic in Rhody uniform from standard photo op
https://instagram.com/stories/sdurugord ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Sean made it a point to tell Zags that RI coaches were visiting him at home next week. That tells me both sides are still open to Sean transferring to RI. Otherwise there wouldn’t be an in home visit next week. Maybe Sean’s advisor has told him to see all the options that are available (firm offers) before making a final decision.

I don’t see him going to Alabama. They probably just put out a feeler. Players like to share P6 interest to pump up their image to other schools and it strokes their ego (these are 20 year olds).
100 % agree they have 4/5 wings and bigs that would be ahead of him in the depth chart, I feel like it’s us vs BYU in
this recruiting battle
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

It's wild to me that people hang on IG stories/subtweets without context and assume it means what the reader thinks it does - without having the slightest clue what the poster is talking about.

My timehop is a cringefest on the daily from 15 years ago. I can't even decipher what the hell I was posting about, and I'm the guy who was doing it.

The dumbest thing we can do as a board is try to read tea leaves when we don't even live near a tea tree.

I will continue to trust Archie and the staff with whoever they bring in. Archie went to an A10 title, won 2 games in the NCAAT (nearly a 3rd) with 6 scholarship players - no one taller than 6'6.

He's not some new coach. Let's all stop freaking out about whether he's closing recruits on the timeline we've subjectively approved for ourselves. Games start in November. It's April.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago He just posted pic in Rhody uniform from standard photo op
https://instagram.com/stories/sdurugord ... MyMTA2M2Y=
And posted about Alabama right after that.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Woodward closes this next week at the in home visit. NYC legend to NYC family.

steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago It's wild to me that people hang on IG stories/subtweets without context and assume it means what the reader thinks it does - without having the slightest clue what the poster is talking about.

My timehop is a cringefest on the daily from 15 years ago. I can't even decipher what the hell I was posting about, and I'm the guy who was doing it.

The dumbest thing we can do as a board is try to read tea leaves when we don't even live near a tea tree.

I will continue to trust Archie and the staff with whoever they bring in. Archie went to an A10 title, won 2 games in the NCAAT (nearly a 3rd) with 6 scholarship players - no one taller than 6'6.

He's not some new coach. Let's all stop freaking out about whether he's closing recruits on the timeline we've subjectively approved for ourselves. Games start in November. It's April.
I don't think it's wrong for some of us to be let down that he didn't close him on the visit. If he did, we all would be praising Archie for how he doesn't let guys leave without committing. I love Archie Miller. I trust Archie Miller. I think he's one of the best coaches in the country, so I envisioned our top targets committing once they are on campus. As long as he closes, I don't care when.

Like 83 said, my guess is we close him when they visit his family next week. Hopefully, Bama isn't pushing for him.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago Woodward closes this next week at the in home visit. NYC legend to NYC family.

Is that just a prediction or are you hearing anything? I know you said he would be committing on Wednesday during his visit so just curious if you are hearing anything new?
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago Woodward closes this next week at the in home visit. NYC legend to NYC family.

Is that just a prediction or are you hearing anything? I know you said he would be committing on Wednesday during his visit so just curious if you are hearing anything new?
Everyone was saying he'd be committing on his visit. That's why I'm surprised. What changed? Why is his dad posting that stuff the day after the visit? My guess is they are trying to convince Bama that he can play for them.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago It's wild to me that people hang on IG stories/subtweets without context and assume it means what the reader thinks it does - without having the slightest clue what the poster is talking about.

I don't think it's wrong for some of us to be let down that he didn't close him on the visit. If he did, we all would be praising Archie for how he doesn't let guys leave without committing. I love Archie Miller. I trust Archie Miller. I think he's one of the best coaches in the country, so I envisioned our top targets committing once they are on campus. As long as he closes, I don't care when.

Like 83 said, my guess is we close him when they visit his family next week. Hopefully, Bama isn't pushing for him.
I agree with Stevey. Everyone is real excited that Archie is here and very few doubt that he will field a winner at URI, but just saying we are good because Archie is here will not field a winner with the limited talent we currently have on the roster. I think Archie will add some of these guys over the next couple weeks and it is a non issue, but this current group has many bench players and one starter at this point.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I think feeling a certain way whether he committed that day is one thing - I just disagree with trying to figure out the meaning to a 20 year old's cryptic IG post and applying it to our situation.

The other thing we need to get used to is that we're targeting guys who are in high demand by big time programs. Even if they want to play here, why wouldn't they go check out other programs? Take the free trip?

I wanted to go to URI but I checked out like 5 different schools. And no one was begging me to go there, I just wanted to see some different stuff. It's not that crazy that a kid being recruited would want to see a bunch of them.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Commitment is a 2-way street.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Commitment is a 2-way street.
Is that what the maybe is about? Could depend on if Femi commits or not? I assume Archie would take both, but who knows for sure?
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Commitment is a 2-way street.
Is that what the maybe is about? Could depend on if Femi commits or not? I assume Archie would take both, but who knows for sure?
Good point. Pushing for Femi as a #1 with a deadline of figuring that out before we visit Sean at his home
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Ngl would take Femi over Sean
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I would think that all these guards would cause some issue with potential playing time.
GO RAMS
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
jcru wrote: 2 years ago It's not my place to say, but...

Yup. And the comment applies to every recruit not just Sean.

With the free transfer rule, if you’re not a bonafide top 25 recruit with guaranteed playing time, there’s a case to be made that you shouldn’t go to a top 10 team.

Worst case you go to a lesser P5 or high mid major and can transfer back up to the program after you’ve developed and proved it on the court. Kids are too obsessed with playing for the best school, and then don’t end up playing/developing.

It isn’t 1980 anymore. If you’re good, the NBA and professional teams will find you wherever you are
I agree that getting playing time should weigh heavily on deciding where to go. If I’m a college basketball ball player and I am confident in my ability, I would go where I can play more than spot bench minutes of 10-15 minutes a game.

However, the wildcard for me in the decision making process for transfers and recruits in todays environment is NIL money. How much does the promise of NIL play in the players’ and their advisors’ decisions? I just don’t know enough about NIL and how much money a player can be promised to make or realistically make at a P6 versus a non-P6 - other than the difference is potentially significant.

Can the potential money tip the balance away from playing time somewhat? Can it make it easier to justify going to a school where you may play 10 minutes less per game? Fifteen minutes less?

Or, does it lead to overconfidence (by the player and advisors) in ability? As in: I can out play the coaches expectations (I am good enough to earn starter minutes) while making good money at the same time right now before going pro overseas, the NBA developmental league or potentially the NBA.

NIL, for me, makes recruiting very unpredictable at this time in the college game.
Last edited by Jdrums#3 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.