The Transfer Carousel - 2022-23

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: The Transfer Carousel - 2022

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Hason Ward from VCU off to the B12.

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

“We will be good when we are good.”
Ramfan22
ARD

Unread post by Ramfan22 »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago
Fake account
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It’s not a fake account.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Cue tense music....
Ramfan22
ARD

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago It’s not a fake account.
It is lol. The profile picture is from this person does not exist. Their old one was a Northwestern professor.
Ramfan22
ARD

Here’s the evidence
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Weird guy then because he tweets about recruiting news from small schools like UIC. Not sure why.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Same school as Dana Tate

SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Stated at Robert Morris, played the last two seasons at Norfolk. 37% career three point shooter.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago Stated at Robert Morris, played the last two seasons at Norfolk. 37% career three point shooter.
Institutions who are interested in a player is an indications of how good of a player one is. Yes, there are notable exceptions. I would like to see Archie getting players P5 programs have an interest in.
NCAAs or Bust!
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago Stated at Robert Morris, played the last two seasons at Norfolk. 37% career three point shooter.
Institutions who are interested in a player is an indications of how good of a player one is. Yes, there are notable exceptions. I would like to see Archie getting players P5 programs have an interest in.
Clemson is interested in Hawkins. Among others.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago
Clemson is interested in Hawkins. Among others.
His takes are an art form in trolling - but I think he’s slipping. Usually it’s just a subjective take to the max, now he’s just wrong.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

That doesn't make sense with what you've been saying lately.. Before he committed to GW, Bray Freeman was offered by Florida, Ole Miss, Ok State. When he transferred, he heard from programs like Arizona State, Ptt, and Cincy... but you said we have nothing to be excited about?

You used to be good at this but you're getting worse.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

People who post stupid shit on the interwebs are an indication of how stupid they are in real life. Go away.
Falcon
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Falcon »

Yeah , GO AWAY CARL KOUSSA !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago
People who post stupid shit on the interwebs are...
...responsible for about half the content on the web? Maybe more?
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
People who post stupid shit on the interwebs are...
...responsible for about half the content on the web? Maybe more?
Half is being generous. I'm going 75-85%
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody83 wrote: 2 years ago
I know everyone gets all worked up every time Bryant or someone else gets a commitment that they are overrated or not too good, but pretty good job in getting players like this to such a small school.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Yeah Earl Timberlake played his first two years of HS ball at Rock Creek christian academy in DC area.

This is the same place URI player Jermaine Harris played. Former coach Chris cole has been assistant at Bryantt for a couple years now. So that is Earl connection to program and I wouldnt be surprised if he was a large reason for Twan going there too
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

justin will be proud his brother is going to the 3rd best hoops school in the state
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Wow Grasso is a monster. This is why I would have been fine with him as our coach. He’s an incredible recruiter… I can’t imagine who he would have gotten at our program.

I’m staying positive but PC UMass and Bryant continuing to land great recruits sucks…
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 2 years ago justin will be proud his brother is going to the 3rd best hoops school in the state
Justin T, aka one of the top 3 SNL hosts ever ...
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

richard-IN-A-box
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Wow Grasso is a monster. This is why I would have been fine with him as our coach. He’s an incredible recruiter… I can’t imagine who he would have gotten at our program.

I’m staying positive but PC UMass and Bryant continuing to land great recruits sucks…
this doesnt sound like a "positive" post

i think you need some limoncello kool aid :lol:
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

We will be okay, Stevey. Don’t go 72 on us. :D

I know with me, all this portal madness makes me forget that the team on the court in seven months will matter more. I get caught up in the excitement of the breaking news and we haven’t had much yet. We will have more news to come, I’m sure. I will lean on patience.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Jdrums#3 wrote: 2 years ago We will be okay, Stevey. Don’t go 72 on us. :D

I know with me, all this portal madness makes me forget that the team on the court in seven months will matter more. I get caught up in the excitement of the breaking news and we haven’t had much yet. We will have more news to come, I’m sure. I will lean on patience.
I’m alll good! I just don’t like seeing teams I hate like Umass and PC getting good players. We have to see our final roster. I expect Archie to build a good team and Bray was a great start
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

For a low major, Bryant is going to be loaded. Credit to Grasso for what he’s built and continues to build at Bryant. Of course, now comes the hard part — winning.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I'm sorry, but I would never transfer to Bryant lol. Unless you really enjoy small time campus/gym ect.
GO RAMS
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

I’m alll good! I just don’t like seeing teams I hate like Umass and PC getting good players. We have to see our final roster. I expect Archie to build a good team and Bray was a great start
But the thing is with Diggins no one knows if he is a good player. Bc no one has see him play D1 ball. That’s why I like Freeman if I had the choice simply less variables bc he already had performed well in our league.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Do you think Archie was interested in Timberlake? How about URI Collins?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

But the thing is with Diggins no one knows if he is a good player. Bc no one has see him play D1 ball. That’s why I like Freeman if I had the choice simply less variables bc he already had performed well in our league.
I am glad we got Bray also.

But based on how high Diggins was rated his upside should be good.
Most everyone on this board is overly concerned about rankings and stars.

Diggins will have time to ease into it with Fernandes still having 2 years of eligibility.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Would be a huge get for PC.
Ramfan22
ARD

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Would be a huge get for PC.
Their fans are expecting a commitment from Kentucky transfer Bryce Hopkins soon.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Ramfan22 wrote: 2 years ago
Their fans are expecting a commitment from Kentucky transfer Bryce Hopkins soon.
I thought he committed yesterday?
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow where was Timberlake ranked coming out of high school
Ramfan22
ARD

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Some fake account tweeted it
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Carter, Locke, and Moore just recently committed to them.
Ramfan22
ARD

reef wrote: 2 years ago Wow where was Timberlake ranked coming out of high school
Top 40
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Some fake account tweeted it
With their recent commits, someone probably just through this out there.

Can trust any tweets unless reported by a reputable source.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago Wow Grasso is a monster. This is why I would have been fine with him as our coach. He’s an incredible recruiter… I can’t imagine who he would have gotten at our program.

Stevey, I'm hopeful but staying neutral until I see who Archie recruits. I would like to see us get players from P5 programs, not players left from a picked over portal. Archie is in a very difficult situation. URI may get worse before we get better which is much better than perpetual mediocrity. Thor mishandled the program after DH departed.
NCAAs or Bust!
Jdrums#3
Sly Williams

Unread post by Jdrums#3 »

reef wrote: 2 years ago Wow where was Timberlake ranked coming out of high school
Top 40
I wonder if his brother, Justin, ever made the Casey Kasem Top 40? :D
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Stevey, I'm hopeful but staying neutral until I see who Archie recruits. I would like to see us get players from P5 programs, not players left from a picked over portal. Archie is in a very difficult situation. URI may get worse before we get better which is much better than perpetual mediocrity. Thor mishandled the program after DH departed.
Dude your losing your one skill. Might want to think about retirement you are slipping a little bit.

Said the same take like 3 times. Which was extremely unoriginal. Very disappointing. I thought you had better in you then that.

I think you peaked at the tammi for coach of the mens and womens take. Its going to be all down hill from here lololol.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Thorr screwed up, that means extend him because R72 has middle management experience at Innotech.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

This may be a Top "something" post. You could not have actually typed, with a straight face, that Rhody could get worse than last year. No one could.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Yuri dropped a website selling t-shirts, hats, and hoodies. Is he gonna sell more than $200k worth of them to make this investment worth it?
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago

Yuri dropped a website selling t-shirts, hats, and hoodies. Is he gonna sell more than $200k worth of them to make this investment worth it?
I haven’t spent any time digging into NIL money and typical avenues for players receiving it.

But creating a merch store and have some big donors make some big purchases, wink wink, seems like a straight forward method
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Yup, only a matter of time before we see a donor create a fake company so they can drop a bag off to a player. "He's our official brand ambassador!"

I'm ALL for paying players, too. But you'd be pretty naive to think there wouldn't be some bad actors doing some scummy things as part of it.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Top 40
#37 ESPN Top 100 Class of 2020

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... order/true