2022 Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: 2022 Coaching Carousel

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Martin would be fun to watch in the A10. It would another coaching upgrade for the league.
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago
If UMass bungles this hiring, especially since they seemed to get a head start on us, their fanbase is going to be irate
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
If UMass bungles this hiring, especially since they seemed to get a head start on us, their fanbase is going to be irate
Yes Frank Martin would be a nice hire for UMass

Golden to Florida is a solid choice think he will do well there
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

They didn't have a head start. They are a second rate program at a third rate school.

The process takes place behind the scenes - as seen here. UMass obviously struck out with all behind the scenes convos and had to make that desperate and sad announcement about how committed they were.

No one regionally wants anything to do with that place. They fake fired their coach and let him continue coaching. They're an absolute dumpster fire.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

They also went the 'Search Firm' route, too, I believe. Nothing gums up the works like a bunch of outside consultants.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

call me crazy, but I feel like Grasso ends up at UMass
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago They also went the 'Search Firm' route, too, I believe. Nothing gums up the works like a bunch of outside consultants.
And the search firm is led by Gene Difilippo, the absolutely terrible ex-Boston College Athletic Director. I have no idea what UMass was thinking there
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

SmartyBarrett wrote: 2 years ago They also went the 'Search Firm' route, too, I believe. Nothing gums up the works like a bunch of outside consultants.
And the search firm is led by Gene Difilippo, the absolutely terrible ex-Boston College Athletic Director. I have no idea what UMass was thinking there
woof...they really getting advice from the guy who ran off Al Skinner and Jeff Jagodzinski???
---
---
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
They didn't have a head start. They are a second rate program at a third rate school.

The process takes place behind the scenes - as seen here. UMass obviously struck out with all behind the scenes convos and had to make that desperate and sad announcement about how committed they were.

No one regionally wants anything to do with that place. They fake fired their coach and let him continue coaching. They're an absolute dumpster fire.
Awesome I can’t wait to wipe the floor with UMass , we are going towards the top and they will be mediocre at best
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Sadly we want both UMass and GW to be good again…not as good as us, but good. We went all in, they are now on the clock.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

One the worst and most incompetent people to ever work in the business. Amazing that anyone would pay that guy to do anything, let alone let him anywhere near their high leverage personnel decisions.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Posting because we play them next season

Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Still quiet in Amherst. I wonder how things are going in their search? 😜
Slava Ukraini!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

"Some clarity on Sean Miller and the search for Xavier basketball's next head coach"
Adam Baum
Cincinnati Enquirer
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 090280001/
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Saw this on the Dayton board getting their thoughts on Archie's hiring.

The last 4 Xavier coaches are all currently not head coaches
Last edited by Da_Process_Survivor 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
---
---
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago Still quiet in Amherst. I wonder how things are going in their search? 😜
Goood, I enjoy seeing them struggle.
Common sense is not common.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

This is kind of a wild comment to throw out in a post-game interview, but I agree. I would be thrilled to see Shaheen coaching the Pirates.

steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ace wrote: 2 years ago This is kind of a wild comment to throw out in a post-game interview, but I agree. I would be thrilled to see Shaheen coaching the Pirates.

Honestly- Holloway was my top choice if Miller or other dream candidates didn’t happen. He could very well be that next Hurley.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

ace wrote: 2 years ago This is kind of a wild comment to throw out in a post-game interview, but I agree. I would be thrilled to see Shaheen coaching the Pirates.

Wow, wild response to that question.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

giovanni
Carlton Owens

ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Currently wearing my Seton Hall t-shirt (no, I’m not, but I could be), anxiously awaiting the return of Shaheen!

Peace out, Willard.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ace wrote: 2 years ago Currently wearing my Seton Hall t-shirt (no, I’m not, but I could be), anxiously awaiting the return of Shaheen!

Peace out, Willard.
Ace, somehow, I feel that all the Maryland fans won't be ecstatic about the Willard hire.
Not sure they are trading up from Turg.

In 12 years at SH they haven't advanced past the 2nd round, although 2020 would have been their best opportunity.
We will see.

I do hope Holloway will get that job if it does open up, should be a perfect fit.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
ace wrote: 2 years ago Currently wearing my Seton Hall t-shirt (no, I’m not, but I could be), anxiously awaiting the return of Shaheen!

Peace out, Willard.
Ace, somehow, I feel that all the Maryland fans won't be ecstatic about the Willard hire.

In 12 years at SH they haven't advanced past the 2nd round, although 2020 would have been their best opportunity.
We will see.

I do hope Holloway will get that job if it does open up, should be a perfect fit.
I think a lot of fans overrate their program. It’s all about fit. They wouldn’t have been happy with an Archie hire, Rhody fans are. I don’t want to lump all fans together, but Maryland fans acted a fool with Turgeon and I hope they get what they deserve. This entitlement that you can treat people any old way, fuck your feelings and all that, because you know, as a fan, you’re fairly protected is pathetic. I think too many people have not been punched in the face for running their mouths, and it shows.

But yeah, I don’t think Willard will be universally welcomed as the hire everyone wanted at Maryland.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ace wrote: 2 years ago

Peace out, Willard.

We will see.

I think a lot of fans overrate their program. It’s all about fit. They wouldn’t have been happy with an Archie hire, Rhody fans are. I don’t want to lump all fans together, but Maryland fans acted a fool with Turgeon and I hope they get what they deserve. This entitlement that you can treat people any old way, fuck your feelings and all that, because you know, as a fan, you’re fairly protected is pathetic. I think too many people have not been punched in the face for running their mouths, and it shows.

But yeah, I don’t think Willard will be universally welcomed as the hire everyone wanted at Maryland.
I like Willard and really hope it works out for him there.

But Maryland fans feel entitled and consider themselves a top Blueblood program.
Every coach they will compare to Gary Williams and expect similar results.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

We will see.

I like Willard and really hope it works out for him there.

But Maryland fans feel entitled and consider themselves a top Blueblood program.
Every coach they will compare to Gary Williams and expect similar results.
Who did Maryland realistically think they had a shot at? Musselman? Pitino? Oats?
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

ace wrote: 2 years ago This entitlement that you can treat people any old way, fuck your feelings and all that, because you know, as a fan, you’re fairly protected is pathetic. I think too many people have not been punched in the face for running their mouths, and it shows.
Something for all of us to keep in mind while we use social media. It’s absolutely a big societal problem.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Even Oats, the bloom has come off that flower just a bit. Their fans had to be targeting a final four after beating Gonzaga. He’s had 1 good year with no fans and less attention on the sport overall due to Covid and 2 subpar seasons. Just shows the narrow margin especially with fans between great and dismal.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Peace out, Willard.

We will see.

Well said and I’ll add it was a mistake for MD to move to the B1G well for hoops anyway. They are an acc school. I’m sure it was a football move.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Boy Seton Hall sure played like a team who’s coach was leaving getting absolutely worked by an average TCU team

I agree that Williard to Maryland is pretty average can’t see them making too much noise in the rugged Big 10
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice hire Mizzou !!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

RhodyRams12 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody74 wrote: 2 years ago Still quiet in Amherst. I wonder how things are going in their search? 😜
Goood, I enjoy seeing them struggle.
I am sure they are closing in on someone very soon.
All their leading candidates are available: Martin, Young, Becker, Langel, Grasso, Mason.

I would assume Holloway will end up at SH.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah Holloway to Seton Hall makes too much sense
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 2 years ago Yeah Holloway to Seton Hall makes too much sense
Also if I was GW, they should make a strong push for Rob Jones or maybe even Danny Manning.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Also if I was GW, they should make a strong push for Rob Jones or maybe even Danny Manning.
Be great to get Danny Manning in the A10
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

reef wrote: 2 years ago
Archie will hopefully mean a change in the wind as far as A10 investments.

UMass is obviously swinging big (but struggling lol, what a shit show) - but having good coaches come to the A10 is big. Having the A10 step up their investments is big.

If we want to get back to being a 3-4 bid league, we need to have more schools stepping up (like URI finally did) and investing to get those types of coaches. That buzz will generate more recruits who want to play in this conference, and get some bigger OOC wins.

Would say a lot if a trashpile like UMass is able to bring in Frank Martin.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

Archie will hopefully mean a change in the wind as far as A10 investments.

UMass is obviously swinging big (but struggling lol, what a shit show) - but having good coaches come to the A10 is big. Having the A10 step up their investments is big.

If we want to get back to being a 3-4 bid league, we need to have more schools stepping up (like URI finally did) and investing to get those types of coaches. That buzz will generate more recruits who want to play in this conference, and get some bigger OOC wins.

Would say a lot if a trashpile like UMass is able to bring in Frank Martin.
Good call Martin to UMass Arch to Rhody Loyola to A10 and hopefully GW makes a decent hire be a heck of an off-season for the league
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Looks like Sean to Xavier is about a done deal.

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Welcome back to Xavier Sean Miller !!
giovanni
Carlton Owens

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Any potential penalty for Sean with all that FBI poop that went down ??
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

We know the Hurley brothers won’t schedule each other. I wonder if the Millers feel the same way?
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I think it was reported that there still may be some NCAA fallout for him.
Possibly a suspension for several games.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I want every A10 school to have a great coach.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Ramulous wrote: 2 years ago I want every A10 school to have a great coach.
Ramulous this investment is what we have been asking for. This is what it takes. I thought Dooley did a great job with the upgrade of the campus. Marc is doing a great job with the upgrade of our basketball program.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

I think it was reported that there still may be some NCAA fallout for him.
Possibly a suspension for several games.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Archie Miller retweeted this

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Archie Miller retweeted this

*Checks Mohegan Sun’s arena schedule for the fall*
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago Archie Miller retweeted this