2/16 | WBB - Dayton | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Discuss everything related to the women's team.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Re: 2/16 | Dayton | 6:00PM (ESPN+)

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Seemed like the ladies played tight tonight. Dayton was the better team. Time to get ready for the rematch.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Looks like Cairns is the only one who had a decent game. Tahane, Fopossi and Williams (a combined 6-32) had tough games. Elmore averages 12 a game. Her replacement didn't score. We lost by 10....
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Just got home.

Great crowd. Tough blow with no Dez. Cold shooting and they keyed on Cairns all night. She’s a stud for only being a sophomore.

Fun team to watch. Hope there’s the same crowd in a few weeks.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Just got back as well. Was a great time even though Rhody lost. URI just couldn’t match the height of Dayton. Rhody’s defense did shut down Erin Whalen. She shot 3-17 & 0-10 from deep.

Revenge time next in under 2 weeks when they head to Dayton.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Just got in myself. Great atmosphere. Dayton blocked a lot of shots. Get them next time.
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Was there as well with 2 of my kids and 2 of my daughter’s friends. They really enjoyed it as did I.

Not having Dez was the biggest factor IMO. She can create and she can shoot the mid range well. They focused on Cairns and did a good job of it so we had to go down low. Created some good looks but Dayton’s size and length, along with some bad luck shooting, gave us trouble. Hope we have everyone for the rematch!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

We are brand new to big games. Dayton is not and they're coming off a loss. Also without Dez, just didn't work out.

We are fine though!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice attendance record !!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Excited to see this team with Dez against the Bonnies.

Win out down the stretch and get ready for the A10 tourney. Beat Dayton with Dez on the road and go to the final, should be an at large.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago We are brand new to big games. Dayton is not and they're coming off a loss. Also without Dez, just didn't work out.

We are fine though!
Yep, it’s pretty hard to be mad about 1 loss in 14 GAMES!!! They’ll bounce back when Dez is healthy :)
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

This thread is a pretty solid reminder that this isn't a "negative" fanbase like so many burner accounts like to harp on.

Being able to tell the difference between a dumpster fire with a downward trend for 2+ years, and the context of a loss within a great season is pretty apparent.

I think everyone in here has the right idea about the ladies.

First really "big" game in terms of importance/hype and we were without our best player. Dayton is very good, long, big team and they had all their players. We've lost 1 game in our last 14. We get a chance to get healthy and get Dayton again as a Q1 in the next week and a half.

I have full faith that they'll regroup, Tammi will get them ready, and we'll have a hell of a close-out to this season.

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Great crowd for the game. Glad that many KBers made it to the game.