Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Where Are They Now? Former Player Results and News

Unread post by reef »

Would have to think this is Bobby’s last year @ ASU
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Things not getting better for Bobby at ASU.
Maybe he read this thread and is trying to shoot his way out of town so he can come to Kingston!!

Or maybe it was a 41-9 free throw discrepancy, and he didn’t even make contact with the officials they were just soft and terrible.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Dana Tate sighting on ESPNU. Just hit threes on back to back trips. Averaging 8 and 5 for Norfolk State who is 14-4, 5-0 in their league.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago Things not getting better for Bobby at ASU.
Maybe he read this thread and is trying to shoot his way out of town so he can come to Kingston!!

Or maybe it was a 41-9 free throw discrepancy, and he didn’t even make contact with the officials they were just soft and terrible.
Wow 41-9 disparity to a Hurley no less , way to go Bobby H !!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Bobby’s player, Heath, was the only one punished for making contact with an official.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Lamar Odom survives the first eviction on Celebrity Big Brother
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

How is this for coming off the bench?
12-18 FG
11-16 3FG
5-5 FT
4 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals
1 turnover
40 points

Omar Silverio as Hofstra beats Elon tonight
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

What the hell? That kid was awful here. Incredible.
GO RAMS
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago What the hell? That kid was awful here. Incredible.
His season stats are 26 GP, 25.7 MPG, 9.6 PPG, on 36.3 percent from the field. He's shooting a stellar 90 percent from the line - only 42 attempts - but otherwise, meh. His PER is 12.6 with Hofstra. He's got some bizarre game stat lines this year - Games of 40 and 28 points; nine games between 10 and 20 points; and 16 games of 10 points or less.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago What the hell? That kid was awful here. Incredible.
He wasn't bad he was a freshman and hardly played.

I liked the fact he could shoot, but uh that's obviously not a priority for our current staff.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Jacob Toppin is just not that good. I'm surprised Kentucky wanted him.

He doesn't shoot. Can't dribble. Too skinny to be a force inside. He just stands around and makes some hustle plays with his athleticism.

The ONLY reason he is at Kentucky is because of his brother.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago How is this for coming off the bench?
12-18 FG
11-16 3FG
5-5 FT
4 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals
1 turnover
40 points

Omar Silverio as Hofstra beats Elon tonight
They just showed the highlights Omar was in the zone !!
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
He wasn't bad he was a freshman and hardly played.

I liked the fact he could shoot, but uh that's obviously not a priority for our current staff.
I like Silveirio and was disappointed to see him go. I would never have classified him as “awful”. His playing was raw and he could’ve been coached to refine that.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Coaching?

He actually was pretty decent when he played minutes. I wouldn't call him awful.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I don’t think Omar would have ever started here maybe a rotation guy though 8th man type probably good for him to transfer
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

Omar doesn’t start for Hofstra. Came off the bench to hit for 40. 11-16 on 3s. He didn’t leave here due to lack of PT. Some family matter.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Jacob Toppin is just not that good. I'm surprised Kentucky wanted him.

He doesn't shoot. Can't dribble. Too skinny to be a force inside. He just stands around and makes some hustle plays with his athleticism.

PRT,
I was really disappointed when Toppin departed. I thought he had upside potential and still do.
He is the 1st or 2nd guy off the bench as Toppin and Mintz

Kentucky is ranked #4 AP. Vs Tennessee Tuesday night Toppin played 20 minutes, 5-9 FG for 11 points, 6 rebounds. The rebounds and points were both 2nd high for the team as Oscar Tshiebwe continues to dominate college basketball in double doubles. Tshiebwe had a team high in both 15 rebounds and 13 points. Tshiebwe is leading for National POY so he even steals rebounds from his own teammates like Toppin.

Toppin got hurt in the South Carolina game leaving at halftime last week, then Toppin sat out the Saturday game vs Florida (Tshiebwe 19 rebounds, 27 points). But in that South Carolina game Toppin played only 6 minutes but was 4-5 FG, 2-2 FT for 10 points and 3 rebounds!! Then he got hurt and came out.

Calipari likes Toppin.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college ... rst%20half.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Jacob Toppin is just not that good. I'm surprised Kentucky wanted him.

PRT,
I was really disappointed when Toppin departed. I thought he had upside potential and still do.

Kentucky is ranked #4 AP. Vs Tennessee Tuesday night Toppin played 20 minutes, 5-9 FG for 11 points, 6 rebounds. The rebounds and points were both 2nd high for the team as Oscar Tshiebwe continues to dominate college basketball in double doubles. Tshiebwe had a team high in both 15 rebounds and 13 points. Tshiebwe is leading for National POY so he even steals rebounds from his own teammates like Toppin.

Toppin got hurt in the South Carolina game leaving at halftime last week, then Toppin sat out the Saturday game vs Florida (Tshiebwe 19 rebounds, 27 points). But in that South Carolina game Toppin played only 6 minutes but was 4-5 FG, 2-2 FT for 10 points and 3 rebounds!! Then he got hurt and came out.

Calipari likes Toppin.

Yeah I was watching the Kentucky Tennessee game as the Vols are my second team and that's what prompted me to say all that. He scored all his points late and on hustle plays.

I'm just thinking how he could have scored off hustle plays here!

He went there to be the same role player he would be here only he'd be more impactful in the A-10. It is funny how Cal doesn't let him shoot threes and Cox did.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

PRT,

Calipari likes Toppin.

Yeah I was watching the Kentucky Tennessee game as the Vols are my second team and that's what prompted me to say all that. He scored all his points late and on hustle plays.

He went there to be the same role player he would be here only he'd be more impactful in the A-10. It is funny how Cal doesn't let him shoot threes and Cox did.
It's not that Cox let him shoot threes. It's that Cox lets any player do what they want.

Like the parents that give their kids candy and whatever they ask for at every time, who then wonder why their kids grew up to be entitled brats. Same energy.

Fatts (probably like Toppin) needed someone like a Dan Hurley to be the strict parent and do what was best for him. Instead he got the 'fun' parent who didn't put any rules on him and now he's going nowhere.

I thought it was great that Toppin had a good looking shot - but if Cal thinks that there are other things Toppin should focus on to make him more successful/draftable, I would trust his opinions.

Cox wasn't making these guys better, he was just letting them play pick-up ball.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

PRT,

Calipari likes Toppin.

It's not that Cox let him shoot threes. It's that Cox lets any player do what they want.

Like the parents that give their kids candy and whatever they ask for at every time, who then wonder why their kids grew up to be entitled brats. Same energy.

Fatts (probably like Toppin) needed someone like a Dan Hurley to be the strict parent and do what was best for him. Instead he got the 'fun' parent who didn't put any rules on him and now he's going nowhere.

I thought it was great that Toppin had a good looking shot - but if Cal thinks that there are other things Toppin should focus on to make him more successful/draftable, I would trust his opinions.

Cox wasn't making these guys better, he was just letting them play pick-up ball.
Yeah Tyrese and Jacob both went from lounging on the perimeter here to attacking the basket and using their athleticism to be more effective closer to the basket.

They are really effective doing that in the Big East and SEC! Imagine how much more we would have gotten out of them if Cox made them play to their strengths
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Yeah Tyrese and Jacob both went from lounging on the perimeter here to attacking the basket and using their athleticism to be more effective closer to the basket.

They are really effective doing that in the Big East and SEC! Imagine how much more we would have gotten out of them if Cox made them play to their strengths
I get that we all love thinking about what could have been, and miss Hurley vs Cox, but this statement is generally incorrect.

Tyrese is his Soph year at URI averaged 11.4 FG per game, 4.6 3P per game

Tyrese in his Senior year at Uconn averages 11.0 FG per game and 3.2 3P per game.

Not that drastic of a difference at all. And realistically URI just didn’t have as many shooters on the roster as Uconn does, so it made sense to take an extra 3P per game. It wasn’t really at the sacrifice of getting to the hoop
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

FWIW, I think it's generally way, way harder than most fans think to get a player to change his role. Off the top of my head, I can only think of a couple of examples where a player radically changes the way they play - Chris Bosh sacrificing his offense to play more defense on the Heat; Bruce Bowen developing a corner 3 to be a viable player; Jason Kidd becoming a late career 3-point shooter. At URI, Jarvis Garrett accepted a bench role, but didn't really change the way he played. Parfait Bitee radically improved from his freshman to his senior year, but even that was mostly the result of shooting 50+ percent from 3-point range his senior year.
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Jacob Toppin started and played all 40 min today against Alabama. 13pts, 6 reb 3 assists and zero turn overs.
Two starters were out with injuries today so Kentucky's 5 starters played all but 9 min of the game.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyblue12 wrote: 2 years ago Jacob Toppin started and played all 40 min today against Alabama. 13pts, 6 reb 3 assists and zero turn overs.
Two starters were out with injuries today so Kentucky's 5 starters played all but 9 min of the game.
And it was an efficient 13 points:
5-9 FG
1-2 3FG
2-2 FT
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

rhodyblue12 wrote: 2 years ago Jacob Toppin started and played all 40 min today against Alabama. 13pts, 6 reb 3 assists and zero turn overs.
And it was an efficient 13 points:
5-9 FG
1-2 3FG
2-2 FT
Good for him and Kellen Grady had a big game too
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I don’t exactly know what the Greek Cup is, but good for Hassan!

LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Happy for my man Fatts. Nice interview after tonight's game on ESPN2. That young man's smile lights up a room! Nice second half. I will always be a fan of that dude!
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

LIRAM wrote: 2 years ago Happy for my man Fatts. Nice interview after tonight's game on ESPN2. That young man's smile lights up a room! Nice second half. I will always be a fan of that dude!
And Fatts' poor body language, lack of leadership, and pouting drags a team down. I will always believe that he was more hype than anything. And that doesn't make him a bad person.

It's just that many people can have different views of how one carries oneself.
Last edited by PlayMikeMotenMore 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

LIRAM wrote: 2 years ago Happy for my man Fatts. Nice interview after tonight's game on ESPN2. That young man's smile lights up a room! Nice second half. I will always be a fan of that dude!
Right there with you. One of my favorite players and always will be!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago
Right there with you. One of my favorite players and always will be!
Really fun to watch that Fatts glad we had 4 years with him
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Pretty sure Billy Baron is currently playing in Russia.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Pretty sure Billy Baron is currently playing in Russia.
Hope they are not paying him in rubles.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago Pretty sure Billy Baron is currently playing in Russia.
Oof, looking at Instagram and Proballers, you're right. Hope he stays safe.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago
Oof, looking at Instagram and Proballers, you're right. Hope he stays safe.
Jimmy was in Krasnodar just outside Crimea for at least one season...maybe 2013.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Fatts had a fantastic game tonight at IU but the terps lost by 10.
Last edited by rhodyrudder 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Falcon »

Fatts last 5 games have been terrific ! It's unbelievable that URI collectively chased him off esp. a large portion of the people posting on this forum .
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This is cool to see. I had no idea Dawan was coaching in the area.

eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Delroy James at the game today.
URI_CellBio14
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URI_CellBio14 »

Jared Terrell until very recently played for Dnipro in Ukraine (January 2022) but thankfully is currently in playing in Ankara, Turkey and avoided the conflict there. Very fortunate timing.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Was Delroy being there announced at the game??
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes he was. And shown up close on the big screen.
LIRAM
Kenny Green

Unread post by LIRAM »

Wow Fatts! Happy for him. Another great performance leading Maryland over Ohio State. Dude is doing his thing the last Month of his career.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Monster game!!!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

20+ points five out of the last six games, including a season high 27 today.

Tough day for the “he has one good game then 6 straight bad ones” crowd.
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago 20+ points five out of the last six games, including a season high 27 today.

He's not at URI. What he did here is what stays here.
Falcon
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Falcon »

All you Fatts' haters were right . RIGHT .........!! HE OWNED THE GAME OVER # 22 Ohio State .
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago 20+ points five out of the last six games, including a season high 27 today.

He's not at URI. What he did here is what stays here.
He was first team all-conference here and had some of his biggest games in some of our biggest games. If watching this team this year didn’t prove to people that Fatts wasn’t the problem here last year then it’s not possible to prove that those people.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Kudos to Fatts. Had a great game, has had a great stretch lately, and overall a bounce back season efficiency wise.

Sucks that Maryland couldn’t figure it out. Would have love to see him dance one more time. Kid is a gamer
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

ace wrote: 2 years ago
Kind of a funny caption. When was he not believed in? I mean maybe much younger as I don’t know his story pre high school.

Played every game as a freshmen, had a viral moment getting a steal off Trae Young in the tournament. Hurley says he’s gonna lead the A-10 in scoring some day. Etc, etc