Stay or go?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Stay or go?

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago One more example of our current apathetic fan base. A kid (Brafford) announces he's coming for an official visit, and nobody cares. In the past, there seemed to be a lot more interest.
I care BillyBoy.
I always pay attention to the recruiting sites.

Look we don't know how the season will finish or what will happen in regard to the staff.
So yeah, I will continue to root for our team and am very interested in what our future roster may look like.

That's what I do, and it hasn't changed for me in 50 years following Rhody.
Besides I am used to it, I also follow the Giants, Knicks, Yankees, and Rangers.
It's not apathy to not get excited when viewing the other teams with offers this late in the game. It's more about the portal in March and April. Different world with instant eligibility upon transferring. Even if transferred once players are getting waivers regardless.

Ramster, I posted that on the recruiting page in the Brafford thread. Jersey was the only one who responded. That's why I'm saying there's apathy. In the past, we would get several pages if a recruit was coming for an official.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago If Cox gets an extension, the state of RI would erupt.
I think it would be a collective yawn. That's the problem.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

………most of RI, would say who?……..
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

This board would erupt, that's for sure....and not in a nice way.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The current negativity on Cox goes well beyond this board, believe me.
GO RAMS
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago I'm in the camp of whose who won't renew if Cox is still here next season, but I've already got the tickets for this year and I just missed out on a whole year of live entertainment thanks to the pandemic, so I'll be there the rest of the way.

Besides, they're going to count me in the attendance number whether I show up or not.
One week ago, I said this. ^^^ After today, I'm seriously considering staying home for the rest of the season (barring a coaching change). I really wanted to stick this out, but today was just too painful.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I think at this point going is being complicit in sinking the ship.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I think at this point going is being complicit in sinking the ship.
Is this a blanket statement or are you just talking about yourself?
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago I think at this point going is being complicit in sinking the ship.
Kinda have to agree, but confess that, if the requirement were to be dropped, we'd be there. Who knows when that will be, if ever.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

…….having missed all of the January home games, I will be going to remaining games…….I know this does not trend with lots of others here…….I guess the glutton for punishment applies here, I want to take in the whole spectacle of the crashing and burning…….yep, driving by the car wreck again to get another look……..want to take in the coaches and bench dynamics, decent view from my seats for catching some verbal, body language etc of what is going on……want to see it up close to burn into my pea brain how bad it really is…….maybe bag over head? No, but wearing all black might be thunk……
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….having missed all of the January home games, I will be going to remaining games…….I know this does not trend with lots of others here…….I guess the glutton for punishment applies here, I want to take in the whole spectacle of the crashing and burning…….yep, driving by the car wreck again to get another look……..want to take in the coaches and bench dynamics, decent view from my seats for catching some verbal, body language etc of what is going on……want to see it up close to burn into my pea brain how bad it really is…….maybe bag over head? No, but wearing all black might be thunk……
How about wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm with stupid" and the arrow is pointing toward our beloved Coach?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago …….having missed all of the January home games, I will be going to remaining games…….I know this does not trend with lots of others here…….I guess the glutton for punishment applies here, I want to take in the whole spectacle of the crashing and burning…….yep, driving by the car wreck again to get another look……..want to take in the coaches and bench dynamics, decent view from my seats for catching some verbal, body language etc of what is going on……want to see it up close to burn into my pea brain how bad it really is…….maybe bag over head? No, but wearing all black might be thunk……
How about wearing a t-shirt that says "I'm with stupid" and the arrow is pointing toward our beloved Coach?
……..mmmmmmmmm, no……but we do have time to get creative, besides the 1-2 billboards in SoCo…….maybe getting some cheap T shirts printed that says____________________
…….wearing just plain bright red shirts etc……….would stand out………something though………sneak in a few posters/signs that say……..ABC………?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
Kinda have to agree, but confess that, if the requirement were to be dropped, we'd be there. Who knows when that will be, if ever.
lol still thinking the mask mandate will be forever…

Keep living in that delusional state of mind.

It will be gone next year. Book it.
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……..wonder how EZ Buckets is holding up…….?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ……..wonder how EZ Buckets is holding up…….?
Toughest job in the state. Like doing standup at a funeral.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Was actually a good crowd yesterday, all things considered.
Go Rhody
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Was actually a good crowd yesterday, all things considered.
I'm sure they had fun.
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Speaking of ... I know why they wait for the under-4:00 timeout to draw the 50/50, because it keeps people around. But when a game is going the way this one was, all it does is ensure a mass exodus of fans all at once right after they read the winning number. It's actually quite dramatic watching everyone get up to head for the exits all at once — even while the little free souvenir balls are flying all over the place. Doing it one timeout earlier might at least spread out some of those early departures so they doesn't look so embarrassing. (Or maybe everyone would just get up and leave even earlier, who knows.)
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 2 years ago
even while the little free souvenir balls are flying all over the place.
This is actually hilarious in that the machine that fires the balls out NEVER works properly. Need to give that thing to the mech. eng. students to figure out a better system.

And why did they stop shooting the balls over to the bench side of the stadium? All we get is weak-armed Ramettes and cheerleaders (no offense)...! :lol:
Mobley was fouled.
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

RI_Bred wrote: 2 years ago
This is actually hilarious in that the machine that fires the balls out NEVER works properly. Need to give that thing to the mech. eng. students to figure out a better system.

And why did they stop shooting the balls over to the bench side of the stadium? All we get is weak-armed Ramettes and cheerleaders (no offense)...! :lol:
That busted machine is just a metaphor for this program right now:

1. They keep wheeling it out there every game even though they know it's broken.
2.Sometimes it starts out strong, but it never puts on a complete performance.
3. To fix the problem, the guy running it keeps trying the same thing over and over.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

1. They keep wheeling it out there every game even though they know it's broken.
3. To fix the problem, the guy running it keeps trying the same thing over and over.
That's gold, Jerry! GOLD!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

After these comments I took extra care to watch the barrels rolled out to shoot the balls yesterday vs Davidson. Hilarious. It starts out pretty good, shooting the balls up fairly high but as it moves along towards half court you can see it gradually losing it's power and by the time it gets rolled over near the URI Pep Band the guy is just about given up and he is throwing a lot of the balls up into the crowd from frustration. Quite a funny site that I would not have picked up on had I not read it here :lol: :lol:

Should like another Marketing Department opportunity for improvement? Or whatever Department that Ball Shooting Barrel comes under :roll:

I'll provide a further update from tomorrow's Dayton 9pm game :lol: