Stay or go?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Stay or go?

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Ramster, you can create friction by difference of opinion, to me, that's on the offended person. But creating problems...no matter how small ("Dad, how come that guy doesn't have to wear a mask?") is on the person not following the rules. Just not doing that. And I do think this would have been over already if more people thought that way.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Ramster, you can create friction by difference of opinion, to me, that's on the offended person. But creating problems...no matter how small ("Dad, how come that guy doesn't have to wear a mask?") is on the person not following the rules. Just not doing that. And I do think this would have been over already if more people thought that way.
agree
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago Ramster, you can create friction by difference of opinion, to me, that's on the offended person. But creating problems...no matter how small ("Dad, how come that guy doesn't have to wear a mask?") is on the person not following the rules. Just not doing that. And I do think this would have been over already if more people thought that way.
agree
Of the people that go now because they can "get away with not really wearing one"... How many would go if, there was someone sitting beside them telling them to put it on every 5 minutes? If it were really enforced from the get-go, I'm guessing enough people woulda been po'd about that so that we'd be closer to normal by now. The half-assery of it is just extending it.

Even if there's no one sitting next to you asking you to put your mask on right...folks sitting around you are looking at you and thinking it. And when you just do it anyway, you're essentially saying you don't give an f about them, they can be pissed, you don't care.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……back to the topic……..I will use all my remaining tickets, I try to take in the whole RC experience, the game, the refs, the coaches and bench dynamics, seeing folks, etc etc………would my absence, Thorr knows my seats and would he register I am not there, IDK……..coaching change will come……..the malaise surrounding the program is hiding in plain site………
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ……back to the topic……..I will use all my remaining tickets, I try to take in the whole RC experience, the game, the refs, the coaches and bench dynamics, seeing folks, etc etc………would my absence, Thorr knows my seats and would he register I am not there, IDK……..coaching change will come……..the malaise surrounding the program is hiding in plain site………
But again the "coaching change will come" attitude is incorrect.

Like I said, it's great that people are the kind of fans that want to support no matter what is happening on the court.

If you want a coaching change, going doesn't help that. We all see that the program is going in the wrong direction. I would say an overwhelming majority agree with that at this point.

But URI is not going to fire a coach with a 1/2 full Ryan Center and a winning record.

If there's still ~3000-4000 in the building ticketwise - and 2-3k actually show up night in night out? He's getting extended. And guess what? PC comes to town next year. Tix sales will jump because you'll have to buy a miniplan or season ticket to get access to that game. So he'll be here the year after, short of a 7 win season a la Baron.

But he'll schedule soft, we'll hover around .500, and stick around.

If we don't fire Cox this year, he will be here 2 more seasons. Fact.

You're only firing him if the arena is empty.

Lose 14 straight but the fans are still in the stands? It's a "win total improvement" over last year, he'll get extended.

The coaching change will only come if no one shows up to the Ryan Center. Period.

So again, if you want to just go to the games and don't care about the coach? Knock yourselves out.
If you want the change? Don't go.

Honestly go watch the women's team if you just need something to do.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years agoHonestly go watch the women's team if you just need something to do.
Excellent recommendation.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago ……back to the topic……..I will use all my remaining tickets, I try to take in the whole RC experience, the game, the refs, the coaches and bench dynamics, seeing folks, etc etc………would my absence, Thorr knows my seats and would he register I am not there, IDK……..coaching change will come……..the malaise surrounding the program is hiding in plain site………

Like I said, it's great that people are the kind of fans that want to support no matter what is happening on the court.

If you want a coaching change, going doesn't help that. We all see that the program is going in the wrong direction. I would say an overwhelming majority agree with that at this point.

But URI is not going to fire a coach with a 1/2 full Ryan Center and a winning record.

If there's still ~3000-4000 in the building ticketwise - and 2-3k actually show up night in night out? He's getting extended. And guess what? PC comes to town next year. Tix sales will jump because you'll have to buy a miniplan or season ticket to get access to that game. So he'll be here the year after, short of a 7 win season a la Baron.

Lose 14 straight but the fans are still in the stands? It's a "win total improvement" over last year, he'll get extended.

The coaching change will only come if no one shows up to the Ryan Center. Period.

So again, if you want to just go to the games and don't care about the coach? Knock yourselves out.

I'm a student.... I get in for free....

I can tell you right now, after today's loss, that I'm not going to a single game until Cox is fired. I am done.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 2 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

I'm a student.... I get in for free....

I can tell you right now, after today's loss, that I'm not going to a single game until Cox is fired. I am done.
I like it 916 he gonna be gone end of season I would think
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

I used to post here a decent amount but now I rarely even check the board. I have almost completely tuned out the program. Specifically this year with all the cancelled/postponed games. I used to never miss a game, whether that's watching on TV, following online, whatever. Even in the lean years (2004-2005, 2011-2012 and the early Hurley years). I didn't even know they'd played Dayton until Saturday morning when it popped up on ESPN.com. I didn't check the Richmond score until a few hours after I'd been awake the next day, because I forgot and then was too lazy to look it up. I saw they were winning at halftime. When I saw they lost I just shook my head and said whatever. That never would have happened years ago, even in the lean years. I saw the end of the GW game, one of the lone moments that I actually put a game on. That was disgusting. I watched the second half of the Bryant game and thought that they may have something this year. I know that was Bryant but their expectations were/are high in their league so I thought maybe URI would have something this year. But of course that was false hope.

When Hurley left something changed. I don't know if it's Cox (I didn't care for the hire from day one), the constant flux of the roster, what it is. But it's not the same. And I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

scine20 wrote: 2 years ago I used to post here a decent amount but now I rarely even check the board. I have almost completely tuned out the program. Specifically this year with all the cancelled/postponed games. I used to never miss a game, whether that's watching on TV, following online, whatever. Even in the lean years (2004-2005, 2011-2012 and the early Hurley years). I didn't even know they'd played Dayton until Saturday morning when it popped up on ESPN.com. I didn't check the Richmond score until a few hours after I'd been awake the next day, because I forgot and then was too lazy to look it up. I saw they were winning at halftime. When I saw they lost I just shook my head and said whatever. That never would have happened years ago, even in the lean years. I saw the end of the GW game, one of the lone moments that I actually put a game on. That was disgusting. I watched the second half of the Bryant game and thought that they may have something this year. I know that was Bryant but their expectations were/are high in their league so I thought maybe URI would have something this year. But of course that was false hope.

When Hurley left something changed. I don't know if it's Cox (I didn't care for the hire from day one), the constant flux of the roster, what it is. But it's not the same. And I suspect I'm not the only one who feels this way.
There's definitely been a change. Specific to play, it seems obvious that certain players run the show. With Hurls, players didn't get to repeat mistakes, they'd come out. Now there's a script and guys come out when the script says they come out.

The other is, it seemed like the Hurley teams all played relentless D. The kind of in your face almost all the time pressure that was ugly to watch at times (who amongst us didn't cringe when Hassan would pick up his 3rd foul outside the 3 point line?) but there was no doubt that he had them after it all game, every game.

Then there's the trademarked Cox TO... If something wasn't going right and Hurls didn't like it...he'd be screaming, stamp his feet (oftentimes on the court) stop it with a timeout and there was no question he had a purpose and a message for that time out. Now, we get a 10 point lead, the other team cuts it to two, we make a bucket to go up four....time out. I guess maybe so he can tell the players ok, we just scored, good job, wasn't that fun? Let's try to do that again when we get the ball back?

Then again, I'm old and prone to misremembering things at times...
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I've lost most of my interest. Didn't watch the Dayton game; watched TV with the wife instead. Went to the Richmond game; was committed to that. May go to one or two more; who knows, depends on the situation. 99% will not be renewing season tickets; Tyler is going to get an earful if he calls. It's not the fact that they are losing; it's the way they play that I cannot take.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

scine20 wrote: 2 years ago I used to post here a decent amount but now I rarely even check the board. I have almost completely tuned out the program. Specifically this year with all the cancelled/postponed games. I used to never miss a game, whether that's watching on TV, following online, whatever. Even in the lean years (2004-2005, 2011-2012 and the early Hurley years). I didn't even know they'd played Dayton until Saturday morning when it popped up on ESPN.com. I didn't check the Richmond score until a few hours after I'd been awake the next day, because I forgot and then was too lazy to look it up. I saw they were winning at halftime. When I saw they lost I just shook my head and said whatever. That never would have happened years ago, even in the lean years. I saw the end of the GW game, one of the lone moments that I actually put a game on. That was disgusting. I watched the second half of the Bryant game and thought that they may have something this year. I know that was Bryant but their expectations were/are high in their league so I thought maybe URI would have something this year. But of course that was false hope.

Good to hear from you and your opinions which I agree with whole-heartedly.
Mobley was fouled.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Richmond and Dayton Games, I see the players body language in the 2nd half I do not know how to describe it. Its as if they gave up before the game was over. Win by 10 or win by 2 you still win. I don't know. I just don't know.

I believe something has changed and I think the new NCAA rules about transfer and play and the NIL make the game more individual and not team.

The vibe is missing in the Ryan Center.. Players? Coach? Fans?

I will say this. I remember when URI played a team like Temple (back in the day) and URI would lose. My Dad would say well it was a good try but Temple is a great team. I would say i don't want a good try I want a win. Why can we not beat a Temple team . When DH came along I believe he was presenting that. You can beat anyone at anytime and do not give up!!!!

Now its, we tried, its part of the process, we had fun...I don't get it!!!!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

BlueMan or others, just curious.

Again, we don't know how the rest of the season will play out so only speculation at this time.

But let's say Thorr ends up retaining Cox and they work out some sort of an agreement or extension.

We go into next season with our basic core group, give or take a few others.
We may add some interesting recruits or transfers and lose some fringe players plus of course Shep and EA.

Will you not attend any games to start the season and encourage others to do likewise because Cox is still there?
Last edited by Jersey77 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rjv wrote: 2 years ago Richmond and Dayton Games, I see the players body language in the 2nd half I do not know how to describe it. Its as if they gave up before the game was over. Win by 10 or win by 2 you still win. I don't know. I just don't know.

I believe something has changed and I think the new NCAA rules about transfer and play and the NIL make the game more individual and not team.

I will say this. I remember when URI played a team like Temple (back in the day) and URI would lose. My Dad would say well it was a good try but Temple is a great team. I would say i don't want a good try I want a win. Why can we not beat a Temple team . When DH came along I believe he was presenting that. You can beat anyone at anytime and do not give up!!!!

The NIL has zero impact on the quality of A10 games.

Any A10 player is probably making a couple hundred bucks, if that, per month.

We just don’t have the quality of players, or coaches like we had under Hurley.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago BlueMan or others, just curious.

Again, we don't know how the rest of the season will play out so only speculation at this time.

But let's say Thorr ends up retaining Cox and they work out some sort of an agreement or extension.

We may add some interesting recruits or transfers and lose some fringe players plus of course Shep and EA.

Will you not attend any games to start the season and encourage others to do likewise because Cox is still there?
How does this season end? That’s the key.

If it goes the way we all think? Mediocre trash and continue this trend? Nope. I’m out.

Turn it around? Make all the obvious changes that have been stated for years? Make it interesting?

Yeah I’ll probably buy back in.

But again, got a pretty strong feeling I’m not wrong here.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
rjv wrote: 2 years ago Richmond and Dayton Games, I see the players body language in the 2nd half I do not know how to describe it. Its as if they gave up before the game was over. Win by 10 or win by 2 you still win. I don't know. I just don't know.

The NIL has zero impact on the quality of A10 games.

Any A10 player is probably making a couple hundred bucks, if that, per month.

We just don’t have the quality of players, or coaches like we had under Hurley.
Rjv would need to explain exactly what he means,
But I read his message as the ability to transfer without penalty made easy and NIL to read that players can be incentivized at lower level schools to play selfishly and score more points for themselves to build their resume for future transfer. Upon transferring the NIL is a carrot for the bigger schools to hold out - not A10 schools with small NIL’s by comparison.

Numerous A10 players bolted at the end of last season for Miami, Kentucky, Maryland, St Johns, Vanderbilt, Rice, SMU, Marquette, Texas, tc.

Tre Mitchell - 1st Team and All Academic Team - UMASS to Texas
Kellan Grady - 1st Team - Davidson to Kentucky
Marcus Weathers 2nd Team - Duquesne to SMU
Jordan Miller - 3rd Team - George Mason to Miami
Fatts Russell - 3rd Team - URI to Maryland
Rodney Chatman - Dayton to Vanderbilt
Tyler Kolek - All Rookie - George Mason to Marquette
Joel Soriano - Fordham to St Johns
Carl Pierre - UMASS to Rice

All 9 of these players are in the starting line up of their respective teams
Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

If the above happens, no way I’m at the RC at the beginning of next year. He brought back pretty much the same team as last season (minus Fatts) and we have a dumpster fire right now. I’m done.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Thank you Ramster, That is what I was trying to say. Loyalty to a program no longer exist. Its about getting to the next level. Think about Toppin and Martin went to better programs and are doing very well. Everyone is complaining about the twins and the "agreement" they have with DC to start every game and they came from Maryland.
Maybe I'm just old school and believe in player loyalty to the program and the school.
This is why its difficult to continue to be a season ticketholder. I guess I need to adjust, since this is the way it is now.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

If Cox gets an extension, the state of RI would erupt.
GO RAMS
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

While it's pretty open season for transferring right now, I do think things will stabilize at some point. One, because coaches in lower conferences are going to adjust, whether that means trying harder to retain players or focusing more on players that want to join a program for more than playing time.

And two, most of these players going from lower to higher conferences aren't dominating or improving their professional prospects in most cases. Like, I don't think Fatts has done anything to improve his pro prospects, he's simply delayed making pro money for a year. Tre Mitchell's stats are way down vs. what he did at UMass. Kolek is logging plenty of minutes for Marquette, but his PER is 11.0, and his situation isn't as clear cut anyway because George Mason fired the coach that recruited him.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Plus there will be a ton of transfers who already left their school and burned their one free passage, plus there is an extra class of transfers in the grad transfer pool due to the free COVID year.

Transfers will still be an avenue due to immediate eligibility but don’t think it’ll be near 1,800 next year and more like 1,400-1,500 shrinking over the next few years and eventually stabilizing after the free COVID years are all exhausted.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Couldn't be more out. If the administration refuses to take the program seriously I refuse to spend my time and money on it
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Agree with RR2 about his last sentence on the matter.

If they won't spend 300K on Cox's buyout or worse yet can't afford it, that says everything about how small time this program is.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

If I understand correctly. A player can transfer 2 times in 5 years. If a P5 school is losing players because they were grad students or entered the draft or are not as good as thought, they need to be replaced. I believe the transfer portal will not decrease and stabilize I believe it will increase. Look at PC starting 5 Grad Students. First place in the Big East and Ranked. This is changing the shape of college BB and I believe the movement is going to get worst not better
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rjv wrote: 2 years ago If I understand correctly. A player can transfer 2 times in 5 years. If a P5 school is losing players because they were grad students or entered the draft or are not as good as thought, they need to be replaced. I believe the transfer portal will not decrease and stabilize I believe it will increase. Look at PC starting 5 Grad Students. First place in the Big East and Ranked. This is changing the shape of college BB and I believe the movement is going to get worst not better
PC is not starting 5 grad students.

And after the free Covid years are done, college basketball will go back to normal and players will not be 24/25 years old.

PC would be pretty bad if they covid rule wasn’t put in place.
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

rjv wrote: 2 years ago If I understand correctly. A player can transfer 2 times in 5 years. If a P5 school is losing players because they were grad students or entered the draft or are not as good as thought, they need to be replaced. I believe the transfer portal will not decrease and stabilize I believe it will increase. Look at PC starting 5 Grad Students. First place in the Big East and Ranked. This is changing the shape of college BB and I believe the movement is going to get worst not better
A player can transfer more than twice and still be immediately eligible.
Example:
Jeriah Horne (Tulsa) -Started at Nebraska (1 year) then to Tulsa for 2 years then to Colorado (1 year) and back again to Tulsa this season.
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Sorry my mistake starting 4 Grads

We will see!!!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I was so against Baron being hired I didn’t attend a game until they made the top 25. I think it was in 2008. That was the first time I was in the Ryan Center. I’m in the same place now.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago

I was so against Baron being hired I didn’t attend a game until they made the top 25. I think it was in 2008. That was the first time I was in the Ryan Center. I’m in the same place now.
It's pretty sad I, and probably some people here, would take peak Baron/his teams over what we have now.

Had a few big wins, MUCH bigger stars, and the Ryan Center was packed for a couple of years.
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

One more example of our current apathetic fan base. A kid (Brafford) announces he's coming for an official visit, and nobody cares. In the past, there seemed to be a lot more interest.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

It's pretty sad I, and probably some people here, would take peak Baron/his teams over what we have now.

Had a few big wins, MUCH bigger stars, and the Ryan Center was packed for a couple of years.
Not me that’s for sure. They blew the top 25, melted down in February and made the NIT. I joined the projo board to advocate for firing Baron.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago One more example of our current apathetic fan base. A kid (Brafford) announces he's coming for an official visit, and nobody cares. In the past, there seemed to be a lot more interest.
This is true. I remember a 3 years ago when I would follow everything on possible recruits coming in such as Bishop, Walker, Naheem McLeod and of course when Jermaine Harris signed and was going to change everything. I watched Tyrese Martin go up against Cam Reddish in high school and drop 30+ on him. Now I never even go on the page. A tons goes into including the transfer rule, kids always looking to leave, COVID, conference being mediocre, bad coach and lack of commitment to the basketball program. There is nothing that would get me excited outside of a Mcdonalds All American coming in. I have never been as excited as when Harris choose URI. The next might be Jared Tyrell.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago One more example of our current apathetic fan base. A kid (Brafford) announces he's coming for an official visit, and nobody cares. In the past, there seemed to be a lot more interest.
I care BillyBoy.
I always pay attention to the recruiting sites.

Look we don't know how the season will finish or what will happen in regard to the staff.
So yeah, I will continue to root for our team and am very interested in what our future roster may look like.

That's what I do, and it hasn't changed for me in 50 years following Rhody.
Besides I am used to it, I also follow the Giants, Knicks, Yankees, and Rangers.
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Well, if we get excited we get criticized for "overvaluing the recruits".
Plus, with everyone here saying Cox is gone, the logical assumption is that every recruit is gone too - so why even pay attention?
You can't have it both ways.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Not me that’s for sure. They blew the top 25, melted down in February and made the NIT. I joined the projo board to advocate for firing Baron.
To be fair, I think your expectations for us hiring coaches is a tad unrealistic.

Obviously I don't remember your feelings towards Baron, but I remember few years ago you were advocating for Bruce Pearl, Thad Matta, and others who would never come here.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago
I care BillyBoy.

Look we don't know how the season will finish or what will happen in regard to the staff.
So yeah, I will continue to root for our team and am very interested in what our future roster may look like.

Besides I am used to it, I also follow the Giants, Knicks, Yankees, and Rangers.
It's not apathy to not get excited when viewing the other teams with offers this late in the game. It's more about the portal in March and April. Different world with instant eligibility upon transferring. Even if transferred once players are getting waivers regardless.

Last edited by ramster 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I’ll also take dropping out of the Top 25 these days, compared to being ranked about 125.
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I care BillyBoy.

It's not apathy to not get excited when viewing the other teams with offers this late in the game. It's more about the portal in March and April. Different world with instant eligibility upon transferring. Even if transferred once players are getting waivers regardless.

……OK, we’ll see……..awaiting his decision………cautiously optimistic………
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

I care BillyBoy.

For me Ramster, I would be excited if we sign this kid.
He has excellent ball skills, passing ability.
Also, a 6'9" recruit that can really shoot it is a big plus.
Many of the bigger schools stayed away because he is so thin, but he still plays tough.

There may be additional roster openings where the portal will be useful.

Again, much will depend upon decisions made after the season.
That is out of our hands, so I try not to get to consumed about it.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Note the schools beside us that made him offers. Mercer, Winthrop, UNCG - whatever the hell that is ... Not exactly a Murderers Row, but that's where we stand right now.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Note the schools beside us that made him offers. Mercer, Winthrop, UNCG - whatever the hell that is ... Not exactly a Murderers Row, but that's where we stand right now.
Hit that portal, man!
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

I care BillyBoy.

For me Ramster, I would be excited if we sign this kid.
He has excellent ball skills, passing ability.
Also, a 6'9" recruit that can really shoot it is a big plus.
Many of the bigger schools stayed away because he is so thin, but he still plays tough.

There may be additional roster openings where the portal will be useful.

Again, much will depend upon decisions made after the season.
That is out of our hands, so I try not to get to consumed about it.
There was a time we were competing against P5 schools for talent. Now we're competing with the Big South and Atlantic Sun.

Catch the excitement! Bring the ruckus! Yippee!!

Based on how most of our "heralded" recruits have panned out the last 4 years, I'll wait.

Although, there were a few we grabbed that were definitely talented. Neither of them stayed longer than 2 years under this coach, but hey, that was fun for a second there!

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Note the schools beside us that made him offers. Mercer, Winthrop, UNCG - whatever the hell that is ... Not exactly a Murderers Row, but that's where we stand right now.
UNCG has been on the best mid majors the last 5/6 years. Two NCAA appearances, and their head coach, Wes Miller, was in the mix to follow Roy Williams at UNC. Miller is now at Cincinnati.
Last edited by Rhody15 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Go Rhody
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

UNCG has been on the best mid majors the last 5/6 years. Two NCAA appearances, and their head coach, Wes Miller, was in the mix to follow Roy Williams and UNC. Miller is now at Cincinnati.
Came here to say the same thing. The sport is a lot bigger than this state.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It is so depressing talking about this program right now.

So many problems.....

And people wonder why we're so negative?

Who cares about who might come here recruiting wise?

They won't be with a new coaching staff...what's the point?

When Dan was here we talked about top 100 and 4 star recruits......

Zero chance we land anything close to that again.
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

It is even worse when the Criars are doing good.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

University of North Carolina Greensboro
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

damram wrote: 2 years ago It is even worse when the Criars are doing good.
And don't forget, your old coach's team remains ranked (like yours used to be). ;)
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We beat out some top P5 programs for Harris, even though that didn't work out.

Now we're competing with lower level schools for recruits.

Just awesome!

How expectations have changed...no matter how much hot air Thorr blows.