1/22 | George Washington | 12:30PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: 1/22 | George Washington | 12:30PM (USA)

Unread post by PeteRI »

Cox actually just said this in his post game:
"Game day is an opportunity to compete, have fun and maybe pull out a win."
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago Cox actually just said this in his post game:
🤷‍♂️🤮
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago Some of you people need mental help.

URI players were comically poor shooting the basketball today. It happens. Sucks to watch and be a fan of.

Calling a player weak cause he fell is the biggest dickhead move
You do this every time Cox has a bad loss. It's the player's fault! This may be the worst loss since he took over as the head coach. Yes, the players played badly. Yes, it's not all on him. But COX built this team. Guys like Carey and the Twins having bad attitudes are his guys. The defensive lapses are his guys. The body language and lack of mental toughness are his guys. GW came into the second half and coached circles around our staff.
I can separate my opinion from facts. Life gets calmer when you can do that.

Cox isn’t getting fired tomorrow no matter how many times you scream in your pillow. He also doesn’t deserve a contract extension as it stands right now. Both of those things can be true. So instead of wasting your breath after every game just analyze what’s in front of you

The players played like shit today. Sheppard fell and I promise that mentally sucks for him more than all of us. They’re humans.

Just watch the rest of the season (or don’t for all I care). And either you’ll likely get your way this off-season or you’ll get a miracle in the A10 tournament.
Should they have been in a 1 point game at home with GW? Sheppard falling had nothing to do with it. This was earned well before Sheppard fell.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The worst 12-5 I have ever seen. Watching their inept play game after game is equivalent to getting a root canal.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Sorry I have to post again, but I need to say this:

The MBB program is NOT getting another dime of my money until this clown is fired.

Hit 'em where it hurts, in the wallet.

Whatever it takes to send a message to Thorr.

I will continue to donate to URI athletics....but it will be to the women, the football team, etc.

Again, who cares if we won or lost?

Actually, losing helps to get rid of Cox. So that's a positive in a really bizarre way lol.

There will be plenty more losses, coming soon.
Last edited by rambone 78 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
🤷‍♂️🤮
Fire him now. He's mocking us at this point.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 2 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 2 years ago
🤷‍♂️🤮
Fire him now. He's mocking us at this point.
It's like he doesn't give a shit!
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

RamStock wrote: 2 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 2 years ago
steveystuds06 wrote: 2 years ago

You do this every time Cox has a bad loss. It's the player's fault! This may be the worst loss since he took over as the head coach. Yes, the players played badly. Yes, it's not all on him. But COX built this team. Guys like Carey and the Twins having bad attitudes are his guys. The defensive lapses are his guys. The body language and lack of mental toughness are his guys. GW came into the second half and coached circles around our staff.
I can separate my opinion from facts. Life gets calmer when you can do that.

Cox isn’t getting fired tomorrow no matter how many times you scream in your pillow. He also doesn’t deserve a contract extension as it stands right now. Both of those things can be true. So instead of wasting your breath after every game just analyze what’s in front of you

The players played like shit today. Sheppard fell and I promise that mentally sucks for him more than all of us. They’re humans.

Just watch the rest of the season (or don’t for all I care). And either you’ll likely get your way this off-season or you’ll get a miracle in the A10 tournament.
Should they have been in a 1 point game at home with GW? Sheppard falling had nothing to do with it. This was earned well before Sheppard fell.
You’re 100% correct. And the reason they were in that situation is one of the worst shooting performances I’ve seen in recent memory. The offensive flow wasn’t even that bad, they couldn’t make open shots. Coupled with leaving 16 points at the FT line. You make 2 more of those 3s and 5-10 more of those FTs and it was a comfortable win.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago The worst 12-5 I have ever seen. Watching their inept play game after game is equivalent to getting a root canal.
I really don’t know what team everyone is watching - the only inept play of this team is foul shooting. NOW it is a huge hole and a major problem but the team D is good, the offense is ok. If the Mitchells could learn to shoot FTs at a reasonable rate we would be 16-2 right now.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

[/quote]

Yep, plus their backup center Dean has a double/double (15 pts/11 rebs)

Nothing good to take from this game.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Jesus, is he going to take them out for ice cream now? This isn't little league
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Not just yours but mine as well.

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Jesus, is he going to take them out for ice cream now? This isn't little league
Maybe pull out a win as a 15 point favorite, did he really say that ?? I want him gone
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Not only did I have to suffer this but I’m also a Packers fan and will need to watch their matador defense let SF roll over them. Worst 13-4 team and 1 seed ever.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

rhodylaw wrote: 2 years ago
Obadiah wrote: 2 years ago The worst 12-5 I have ever seen. Watching their inept play game after game is equivalent to getting a root canal.
I really don’t know what team everyone is watching - the only inept play of this team is foul shooting. NOW it is a huge hole and a major problem but the team D is good, the offense is ok. If the Mitchells could learn to shoot FTs at a reasonable rate we would be 16-2 right now.
If you've watched a fair amount of our games this year including today and think the only inept play is our FT shooting then I'm glad you're not coaching this team.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

The offense on this team is not good! We have no star player or anyone you can count on. Cox has doing nothing to make this team better
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Shinze88 wrote: 2 years ago
I really don't know what team everyone is watching - the only inept play of this team is foul shooting. NOW it is a huge hole and a major problem but the team D is good, the offense is ok. If the Mitchells could learn to shoot FTs at a reasonable rate we would be 16-2 right now.
If you've watched a fair amount of our games this year including today and think the only inept play is our FT shooting then I'm glad you're not coaching this team.
Our defense gave up way too many open looks and let a backup dominate us. We also had wayyyyy too many dumb fouls.. I agree the free throw shooting is terrible, but our coach continued to play the player who was 2-12 at the line. GW wanted Makhi to stay in, and Cox did exactly what they wanted in the second half. I agree that we have looked good on both ends of the floor in moments this season. However, we need to keep in mind that plenty of Rhody teams has looked very good against bad teams in the past.

We are in year 4.
We are coming off a lousy season where we finished 10th and had bad losses like this one.
We are 17 games in and have zero good wins and two bad losses. One of them being one of the worst losses in the history of our program. GW is that bad.
We aren't close to an NCAA team
We aren't an NIT team
There is plenty to blame all around, but this falls on Cox at the end of the day.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Zero percent chance we renew our season tickets if David Cox is still the coach after this season.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

…….the post game comments are troubling for me, demonstrates situational unawareness to a new high/low level…….wonder if he will address the Carey and Thomas apparent benching……..I used to think the contract extension was necessary to keep the Mitchell’s here for another run…….but, not now……..program needs a new voice, new direction, new everything, hey Thor, let’s just man up to say at seasons end, it just didn’t work out, the program did not evolve in the way we expected in our pursuit of being a top A-10 program…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

He should be straight up fired just for this quote.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

SandorClegane wrote: 2 years ago That sucked. Worse loss of the season.
So far.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

The Dave Cox pressers have provided a window in which all of the worst fears/critiques of this board are confirmed.

He has never provided an answer that made sense to any of the garbage we’ve been subjected to over the past few years. He’s made it worse. He’s somehow sounded more inept.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

545E189D-23B3-4780-8287-63E9EF522C94.jpeg
You have to be good to make the NIT…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

PATHETIC...,.......
It's tough to like this team. The Mitchell crybaby act is a huge problem. After makhel's tantrum the hugely athletic dean scorched him for 15 points.. many on lackadaisical defensive efforts by makhel.. makhi whines about being fouled. What good does that do he can't hit a free throw. Why is he in a close game. Just hack a mak. Thank goodness the 8 year old kid behind me kept yelling at him to make his free throws. Saved my voice. Cox again a statue on the sidelines against a poor opponent. Sorry Dave, your team reflects your laissez faire attitude. Finally, the beef with Carey could cause the fracture between Cox and his players than can hopefully lead to us waving goodbye coach at seasons end.
Donrxer79
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Donrxer79 »

After attending today's game I really wanted to come home and post something about the pathetic performance I saw. But, with respect to my mental health I could not relive any part of what I saw.
I have been quiet so far on the coach situation, but here it is.
Cox MUST go after this season.
Matt Keebler
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Matt Keebler »

Back to back atrocious performances against the bottom teams in the league. Got lucky to sneak out with a W on Wednesday but it caught up to us today. Cox has to go, stacking our schedule with cream puffs may inflate his record but it shouldn’t get him extended. Players arent engaged, the assistant coaches aren’t either and they know it’s over.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

ram1980 wrote: 2 years ago PATHETIC...,.......
It's tough to like this team. The Mitchell crybaby act is a huge problem. After makhel's tantrum the hugely athletic dean scorched him for 15 points.. many on lackadaisical defensive efforts by makhel.. makhi whines about being fouled. What good does that do he can't hit a free throw. Why is he in a close game. Just hack a mak. Thank goodness the 8 year old kid behind me kept yelling at him to make his free throws. Saved my voice. Cox again a statue on the sidelines against a poor opponent. Sorry Dave, your team reflects your laissez faire attitude. Finally, the beef with Carey could cause the fracture between Cox and his players than can hopefully lead to us waving goodbye coach at seasons end.
Well said a very unlikeable team to root for
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Just getting back after getting something to eat after the joke, I mean game.

Haven't read the whole thread...but what really got me was WTF was with one of the Mitchell's (not sure which) SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN THE KEY DURING AN OFFENSIVE SET after getting tangled up AND LOOKING AROUND FOR A FOUL OR WHATEVER THE FUKC HE WAS DOING? Literally sat there for like five seconds while URI had the ball on offense!!! Should've been benched for the rest of the game. Cox stop being a pu$$y and catering to these self-important, entitled douche bags. I'm done.
Mobley was fouled.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

And while I'm at it, why did Walker not play at the end of the game? Why was Thomas benched? Why do I care anymore?
Mobley was fouled.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 2 years ago Without question one of the worst losses I have ever seen. Totally embarrassing. I want the last few hours of my life back.
Top 5 for me in 50 years.... Yeah cotton ball crowd that thinks Cox is great and URI should be so happy and that "some people overreact" crowd attack please.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago Zero percent chance we renew our season tickets if David Cox is still the coach after this season.
Stopped this year should have stopped earlier. Cox is such a nice guy is BS . Even at URIs level this is a business. If you have any common sense you don't invest money into a terrible product and a failing business
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah...."maybe get a win".....is unacceptable at all levels.

reef had the best summation of all of this.....undisciplined and no accountablility.......well maybe for some players, but certainly not the Mitchells.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

giovanni wrote: 2 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago Zero percent chance we renew our season tickets if David Cox is still the coach after this season.
Stopped this year should have stopped earlier. Cox is such a nice guy is BS . Even at URIs level this is a business. If you have any common sense you don't invest money into a terrible product and a failing business
💯 percent
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

This team was fairly unlikeable when they are winning. They are infuriating when losing.
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

I don't have the energy to read back over everything I missed on this thread today (and it probably wouldn't be good for my sanity), but a few things stuck out at me in the scond half, all of them on Cox:

— That shot clock violation coming out of the under-8:00 timeout ... they had six seconds on the shot clock coming out of the timeout, how does Cox continually not have set plays lined up in situations like that?

— With Sheppard on the line with 45 seconds left, why were neither of the Mitchells lined up along the lane? Only Ish was lined up to box out. Sheppard missed that second free throw, and Rhody was just conceding the rebound to GW. On the coach.

— Why was Makhi even in the game at all at that point? I've been annoyed all season that Walker hasn't been starting. To start both Mitchells is one thing though — I can shrug that off — but to have them both in the game in a situation like this (especially when one of them is 2-of-12 from the FT line!) is truly incomprehensible.
Last edited by RhodyFanNotAlum 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

They were 3-16 and both in a game that was within a point in last 2 mins. And not for nothing, Makhi was lucky not get a tech AGAIN for talkin smack after he scored.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

luke wrote: 2 years ago Disastrous . All hope for an at large bid is definitely gone if it was ever there. I doubt that this team will have any real chance to win the A 10 tournament either . Pathetic ft shooting and poor overall shooting too . They will likely lose to Richmond as well the way things are going .This
team is just too hard to watch anymore.
Til nex time
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

The wrong guy is out taking shots after the game. Should be the Mitchell's taking 200 free throws.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

That....is freaking awesome. Right?
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Im sorry if this has already been discussed.....why did Malik Martin not play?
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago Not just yours but mine as well.

That was awesome
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Welp. I'm also a Titans fan.

Time to quit sports forever.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago Welp. I'm also a Titans fan.

Titans sacked Joe Burrow 9 times. They needed 10. ;)
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……..no Covid, no climate change, no nothing to escape the fact the program is not measuring up to the Thor proclaimed standard of consistently competing at the top of the A-10…….back the truck to the RC loading dock, hire movers to pack it all up, clean out all the basketball offices, open all the RC windows, get the stink out at seasons end…..
Ram logo via Grist 1938
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago They were 3-16 and both in a game that was within a point in last 2 mins. And not for nothing, Makhi was lucky not get a tech AGAIN for talkin smack after he scored.
Makhi's lousy sportsmanship and antics on the court make him hard to root for.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago

Yeahhh we are the only franchise that can find a way to lose a game like that.

All my teams are cursed.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

DeanDome88 wrote: 2 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 2 years ago They were 3-16 and both in a game that was within a point in last 2 mins. And not for nothing, Makhi was lucky not get a tech AGAIN for talkin smack after he scored.
Makhi's lousy sportsmanship and antics on the court make him hard to root for.
It’s cringeworthy at times in this case it was when he scored over a 6’1” bench player. I think the saying goes act like you been there before.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

rjv wrote: 2 years ago Im sorry if this has already been discussed.....why did Malik Martin not play?
Injured. He tried to go but couldn't Cox said in the press conference after.
Mobley was fouled.
ghostofkeaney
Michael Andersen

Unread post by ghostofkeaney »

rjv wrote: 2 years ago Im sorry if this has already been discussed.....why did Malik Martin not play?
Knee
Boo.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PeterRamTime wrote: 2 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 2 years ago

Yeahhh we are the only franchise that can find a way to lose a game like that.

All my teams are cursed.
I'm a Pats fan but I think Vrabel is great - especially when he sticks it to Belichick.