1/15 | UMass | 4:30PM (USA)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/15 | UMass | 4:30PM (USA)

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago That stretch in Feb. where we play VCU, Davidson, and Dayton in a row plus the Bonnies right after GW will tell us much about this team.

I think Ish will work his way out of this slump, he is young and tough.
I like that even when his shots aren't falling, he still plays defense with much intensity.
He has been the worst player this season, and I don’t think it’s particularly close.

Needs to be better or we won’t be getting a Top 4 seed.
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 2 years ago That stretch in Feb. where we play VCU, Davidson, and Dayton in a row plus the Bonnies right after GW will tell us much about this team.

I think Ish will work his way out of this slump, he is young and tough.
I like that even when his shots aren't falling, he still plays defense with much intensity.
He has been the worst player this season, and I don’t think it’s particularly close.

Needs to be better or we won’t be getting a Top 4 seed.
He has struggled offensively, I think he will play his way of it. IMO
We have seen flashes of what he is capable of, and most here were disappointed he didn't start earlier in the season last year.
Besides he always draws the toughest assignments defensively.

You are right though, we will depend upon him heavily to make an A10 run.
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

I like how Carey drives to and through the basket whereas Leggett drives to and near the basket. I wish his dunk would have gone down, highlight reel for sure. A few too many turnovers against a statistically bad UMass defense though.
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Was it Sheppard with the defensive play of the game late?
We lost it in the frontcourt, and he just singlehandedly applied pressure on 2 guys and stole the ball back. Then a quick pass in the lane to a cutter for an open layup.
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

https://rhodycigar.com/2017/03/02/build ... e-in-2018/

That article has been posted multiple times and we've discussed it multiple times. You are demonstrably wrong. Please get a clue or get lost
Somehow you mistakenly equate students paying through a fee with URI paying for the revenue bond. Also, you should look up the definition of "revenue" bond.
NCAAs or Bust!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago

That article has been posted multiple times and we've discussed it multiple times. You are demonstrably wrong. Please get a clue or get lost
Somehow you mistakenly equate students paying through a fee with URI paying for the revenue bond. Also, you should look up the definition of "revenue" bond.
Dude, just stop. You are making yourself look worse. A revenue bond is secured by a guaranteed revenue stream. That stream is Student fees.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
Rhody72 wrote: 2 years ago

Dude, just stop. You are making yourself look worse. A revenue bond is secured by a guaranteed revenue stream. That stream is Student fees.

It’s literally impossible for him to look worse than he already does.
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

It could be 72 and sunny and Rhody72 would tell you with conviction that it’s raining.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

If it's 29 degrees...could he say it's 75 and maybe it would be? Maybe he could be right? Because that would be awesome about now...seeing how it's 29
Smokinjimit2
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Smokinjimit2 »

Does Umass still have that asshole for an assistant coach?
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Smokinjimit2 wrote: 2 years ago Does Umass still have that asshole for an assistant coach?
…….no, but they do have a highly regarded URI former player on the coaching bench…….always wondered what was he thinking during the Bergeron time there…….
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

section(105) wrote: 2 years ago
Smokinjimit2 wrote: 2 years ago Does Umass still have that asshole for an assistant coach?
…….no, but they do have a highly regarded URI former player on the coaching bench…….always wondered what was he thinking during the Bergeron time there…….
BRING IN TY!!!