PC game 12/04

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: PC game 12/04

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I want one of those.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yeah that can is great!
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

PC has made tickets avail to the public. Spoiler- they are not cheap
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago PC has made tickets avail to the public. Spoiler- they are not cheap
Can also only buy a maximum of 4.

Cheapest, before fees, is $60.
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodyram wrote: 2 years ago PC has made tickets avail to the public. Spoiler- they are not cheap

Screw them.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

spookydog wrote: 2 years ago Something to get you ready for the rivalry game coming up next month...A new collab beer with Shaidzon & Union Station.
Article here.

Plenty for us URI fans. Since no PC fan would want to see both logos on the can as Rhody isn't really a rival to them, correct?
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

I can see why they have to charge so much. It's not like the Convention Center Authority gets $25-30 of taxpayer funds from every citizen of RI each year. Why not fleece the actual people who want to enter the facilities as well?
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Question is...when will it be available for retail sale?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Tickets on secondary market sites are all over $100 for nosebleeds.

Absolute joke.
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
PCFriars wrote: 2 years ago I'm glad to see it's not just our board that has every thread devolve into Covid pissing contests.
You can tell that Covid is bad because it's uniting URI and PC fans....

I'm a little late reading this, but this is friggin' hilarious! :lol: :lol:
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

theblueram wrote: 2 years ago
section(105) wrote: 2 years ago

I think he’s saying he’ll be going to Murphy’s because the event sold out and he didn’t sign up in time.
………bingo…….I emailed the alumni association to complain(uncommon behavior for me)why?…….as soon as I received the email announcement, while in my email, I immediately hit “register”……..and by the time I registered my self and guest, I was closed out……..all the power to the individual that registered guests for 50% of the apparent capacity………association said they would get back to me……
That sounds suspicious
I don't know what's going on at the Alumni Association most of the time when it comes to gaffes like this.
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

That secondary market is going to take a hit after tonight’s loss.
:lol:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Stub Hub Thanksgiving Day = $67 cheapest ticket. They have been dropping since the Virginia loss.

PC was favored by 1.5 points over Virginia and lost by 18 (40-58) on Tuesday Night.
Fryuz shot 3-18 on 3Ps for 14%, 12-51 FG for 23.5% and had only 15 points at halftime
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I thought Ed Cooley said this was just another game. Why are tickets then so much more expensive than all the other PC games?

Just another sign that Cooley is LIAR. His mouth spews nothing but BS.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago

I thought Ed Cooley said this was just another game. Why are tickets then so much more expensive than all the other PC games?

He’s the only person in this state who says it’s not a rivalry.

Deep down he 100% knows it is, but he’s just being a troll to rile up our fan base.
Go Rhody
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

I went to the PC game before heading to the Ryan Center for the URI game. PC fans were not pleased with their teams' performance against St Peters. Am hoping their lack of defensive intensity lingers for next weekends game. St Peters was right there in the game for 3/4ths of the game.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

RF1 wrote: 2 years ago

He’s the only person in this state who says it’s not a rivalry.

Deep down he 100% knows it is, but he’s just being a troll to rile up our fan base.

Cooley says it is not a rivalry game, then it must be like a NC@@ tournament game, in which case we r sure to win !
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

……..not to overlook the Harvard game, but doing my annual think about this game, won’t even discuss the rivalry game comments by their coach………after the game, win or loss, each program heads out to complete their OOC sked, then more importantly goes into conference play…….always wonder how are kids will react to the bright lights of the Dump…….bigger venue? Big East floor, etc, sure………better venue?…….no, still a hockey building…….does the game thrust upon us a player who steps up and handles the pressure……..? I guess we will see…….gotta withstand their runs, coaching adjustments to handle Watson, Reeves…….gotta keep he twins out of foul trouble, hold down the turnovers……..make free throws…….the usual recipe…….who steps up for us?……..play annual home and home with them?……..no
Ram logo via Grist 1938
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

If PC beats Texas Tech this week there would have been a decent chance they’re ranked going into this game. They’d already have 3 Q1 wins over Wisconsin, Northwestern and Texas Tech. Only loss being a Q1 loss to Virginia

Now granted the rankings come out on Monday so that’s not possible, but a very big game on top of just the usual rivalry
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

spookydog wrote: 2 years ago I went to the PC game before heading to the Ryan Center for the URI game. PC fans were not pleased with their teams' performance against St Peters. Am hoping their lack of defensive intensity lingers for next weekends game. St Peters was right there in the game for 3/4ths of the game.
Any complaints about the game yesterday are from the loser portion of the Friar fan base.

They covered the spread without their do-it-all 6th man Justin Minaya, without another key reserve in Brycen Goodine who was just coming into his own this week (performance in NY: 15 mpg, 8.5 ppg), and Jared Bynum injured his ankle in the first half and did not return.

Things were all out of sorts and they still ended up figuring things out and winning comfortably. Minaya and Goodine should be back for Texas Tech, Bynum is the real question mark but they’ll be able to better gameplan for Durham/Breed running the point.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Looking forward to sitting maskless in my seat, enjoying a beer, cheering on Rhody.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Prices continue to drop.
Now down to $50 per ticket for cheapest

A6F3F533-1E0F-46DF-A155-2C734027B1C4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 2 years ago
spookydog wrote: 2 years ago I went to the PC game before heading to the Ryan Center for the URI game. PC fans were not pleased with their teams' performance against St Peters. Am hoping their lack of defensive intensity lingers for next weekends game. St Peters was right there in the game for 3/4ths of the game.
Any complaints about the game yesterday are from the loser portion of the Friar fan base.

They covered the spread without their do-it-all 6th man Justin Minaya, without another key reserve in Brycen Goodine who was just coming into his own this week (performance in NY: 15 mpg, 8.5 ppg), and Jared Bynum injured his ankle in the first half and did not return.

Things were all out of sorts and they still ended up figuring things out and winning comfortably. Minaya and Goodine should be back for Texas Tech, Bynum is the real question mark but they’ll be able to better gameplan for Durham/Breed running the point.
I wouldn't call Minaya a 6th man since he was 6th man the 1st 4 games but they started in Game 5 vs Northwestern and also in Game 6 vs Virginia. He was out for Game 7 vs St Peters.
AJ Reeves Started Games 1,2,3,4 and 7 but came off the bench vs Northwestern (18 minutes) and Virginia (8 minutes)as Cooley went with Minaya instead.

Will be interesting to see what Cooley does with Texas Tech in Game 8.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

I will pass along the message to the guy who has been a PC season ticketholder since 1968 that he is part of the loser portion of the Friar fan base. :lol:
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

let's take care of Harvard first.
:lol:
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

I wouldn't call Minaya a 6th man since he was 6th man the 1st 4 games but they started in Game 5 vs Northwestern and also in Game 6 vs Virginia. He was out for Game 7 vs St Peters.
AJ Reeves Started Games 1,2,3,4 and 7 but came off the bench vs Northwestern (18 minutes) and Virginia (8 minutes)as Cooley went with Minaya instead.

Will be interesting to see what Cooley does with Texas Tech in Game 8.
Reeves was sick which is why he reportedly came off-the-bench in NJ. Postgame show Saturday said same illness that impacted Minaya and Goodine.

Now I personally would not be overly disappointed if Reeves went to the bench, but yet to be seen if it’s a permanent switch.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Wednesday Night:
  • URI favored @ Harvard by 2.5 points
  • Texas Tech favored by 3.5 points over PC at the Dunk
Outcomes will impact secondary market ticket prices for Saturday