2021 URI Fall Football Season

All things Rhody Rams football.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: 2021 URI Fall Football Season

Unread post by ramster »

Have heard team is looking good
Tyrek Murphy, the transfer from Purdue looks very good. Teaming him with Kevin Brown Jr allows URI to exploit the running game. Just keep handing the ball off to them. Brown was CAA Rookie of the year last season - among stiff competition from the likes of JMU, Villanova, Delaware, UNH, etc
QB should stay the same
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Some Trivia to pass the summer heat in RI
  • Which Rhody Football Player received 4 NFL Super Bowl Rings and what city/state was he from??
  • As noted on the fence at Meade Field which 2 players were 1st team All Americans for two years and what position did each one play?
  • As noted on the fence at Meade Field which player was 1st team All American one year and 2nd team All American a second year plus position played?
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Steve Furness
Forster and Earhardt
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Murphy looks like a certifiable beast
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-202 ... p-25-bzbz/

another poll. disagree with Nova being ahead of Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago https://herosports.com/fcs-football-202 ... p-25-bzbz/

Surprised UNH did not receive any votes
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

When was the last time Rhody got attention in preseason football polls?
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago
Brian Forster wrote: 2 years ago https://herosports.com/fcs-football-202 ... p-25-bzbz/

Surprised UNH did not receive any votes
I think part of that is because only two people made this poll. When the major polls come out I think you'll see more teams listed
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Receivers and QB out in the drizzle last night on Meade Field doing drills. If a receiver missed the catch all did pushups.
Good to see them out in adverse conditions and working hard.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Friday Night Lights at Meade Field
A few football players enjoying a light workout

2 months to go til Bryant!!
BAAA8C8A-4765-4BF6-B79B-808F4DEBDBDF.jpeg
8DA24ED7-4146-420D-BD11-7E460795682F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

This prediction supports my belief that Rhody is a playoff contender
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Iggy1979 wrote: 2 years ago Steve Furness
Forster and Earhardt
Correct
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Love this picture

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Covid Forfeit policy announced for CAA for Fall 2021

https://gorhody.com/news/2021/8/11/caa- ... games.aspx
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not sure where to put this, but since it is for College Football.....

Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

Rams thrilled to be back as FCS football returns to fall slate - South County Independent
https://www.independentri.com/sports/ar ... a1a73.html
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Has there been any restrictions for fans this season? Tailgating, or seating ect?
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Is there a preview of the team anywhere? Projected starters, stuff like that. I can't find anything anywhere.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago Is there a preview of the team anywhere? Projected starters, stuff like that. I can't find anything anywhere.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Maybe this was brought up, but I just noticed that the game vs Bryant was the ONLY evening/night game the entire season. So much for the lights??
GO RAMS
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Maybe this was brought up, but I just noticed that the game vs Bryant was the ONLY evening/night game the entire season. So much for the lights??
I would think the game time has to be mutually agreed upon by both teams. Many road teams probably come the day before and like an early start time so they can return home on game day. Local Bryant would therefore be most likely to agree to a night game. Most all the other home opponents (save for UNH) are long trips back to their campus.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago Maybe this was brought up, but I just noticed that the game vs Bryant was the ONLY evening/night game the entire season. So much for the lights??
It was brought up on page one of this thread
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

The lights are great, but I think a new scoreboard would have gotten much more use and had a bigger visual impact, unless there are a ton of night actives going on a Meade that I’m not aware of. But any improvement at this point is huge, so lights it is!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The donations from two sources were specifically $1 million for Lights and $1 million for Turf. They were not general “do what you want with it” donations.
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

It’s was a great investment in the program and seeing the donor earmarked the donation I would guess these were the things the program wanted the most. I new scoreboard would be the next investment, as it’s cost would be cheap compared to the investment in a new East grandstand.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’d heard the scoreboard is in progress
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago I’d heard the scoreboard is in progress
Hopefully one with video capability, which I would think is a given in this day and age. The one at Brown was nice. As I was sitting at the opposite 20 yard line from the end zone interception, I watched the beginning of ithe run back the scoreboard and then watched the latter half of it live as it headed my way.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

The East stand is currently a safety hazard. It doesn’t meet code in more ways than one and they’ve already began covering seats due to fire code.
GO RAMS
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

A scoreboard with video is a must!
But honestly I think they could still use the scoreboard now, just relocate it to the ( north )end zone where the ambulance sits. Then have the new scoreboard with video in place where the scoreboard is now ( south end zone )
This way teams would see the clock no matter what end zone they are going towards.

As far as the east stands, I for one will be happy to see the day that is knocked down. Pretty sure URI has used all the “ band aids “ they could use over the years keeping that thing upright. Crazy to think it’s being held up by steel beams. I would think it needs concrete post to hold it upright.
But what do I know.
Go Rhody!!
FmrRamFB
Michael Andersen

Unread post by FmrRamFB »

Rhodysk wrote: 2 years ago A scoreboard with video is a must!
But honestly I think they could still use the scoreboard now, just relocate it to the ( north )end zone where the ambulance sits. Then have the new scoreboard with video in place where the scoreboard is now ( south end zone )
This way teams would see the clock no matter what end zone they are going towards.

As far as the east stands, I for one will be happy to see the day that is knocked down. Pretty sure URI has used all the “ band aids “ they could use over the years keeping that thing upright. Crazy to think it’s being held up by steel beams. I would think it needs concrete post to hold it upright.
But what do I know.
Go Rhody!!
Yeah we’re running out of duck tape. Not only are the east stands an eyesore, they’re a safety hazard. Covering them up because of code is embarrassing. No better reason for the construction of a new grandstand than the safety of the fans. We can’t wait until some donor decides to pledge $25M to the football team…it ain’t happening. If the school is serious about having a competitive football team long term, they would start a capital campaign.Other non basketball facilities could also use upgrades.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Yea at what point is the university forced to finance the East stands upgrade beyond donations?
GO RAMS
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Yes they’re dangerous! I think the lights come into play for late afternoon game times. With the sun going down earlier later in the season, the team was forced to play noon games. But the lights allow a later time that runs into and past sunset.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
FmrRamFB
Michael Andersen

Looks like a new scoreboard is a go for next season. But in typical Rhody fashion, the plan is to put it in the same location as the current scoreboard. Not behind the end zone like every other team in our conference…that makes too much sense. People will complain and they’ll spend more money later when they have to move it closer to the field.
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Call me crazy but if the scoreboard was moved closer to the field, they could sell the back of it for advertising. As you would see the back of it as you walk in and while you walk from east to west stands.

I still believe they should utilize the old scoreboard in the north end zone.
FmrRamFB
Michael Andersen

Rhodysk wrote: 2 years ago Call me crazy but if the scoreboard was moved closer to the field, they could sell the back of it for advertising. As you would see the back of it as you walk in and while you walk from east to west stands.

I still believe they should utilize the old scoreboard in the north end zone.
Make sense to me instead of tucking it away in a corner covered by trees. The old rendering had the scoreboard in the middle of the end zone embossed with a Rhody logo.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

There should be stands at that endzone (in the future). What the hell are they doin??
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago There should be stands at that endzone (in the future). What the hell are they doin??
This is why the stands should have been done first and then you add the non-necessary stuff like lights and new scoreboard after. Now when they go to redo the East stands they're going to have to design and build around the light poles and if and when they do South end zone seats they'll have to work around the scoreboard. They're also going to have to design new seating around the bike path because of it's nonsensical routing right behind Meade Stadium. It's also going to be a tight window for constructing new East stands, I can't imagine construction equipment on the new field turf would be good for the surface
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 2 years ago There should be stands at that endzone (in the future). What the hell are they doin??
This is why the stands should have been done first and then you add the non-necessary stuff like lights and new scoreboard after. Now when they go to redo the East stands they're going to have to design and build around the light poles and if and when they do South end zone seats they'll have to work around the scoreboard. They're also going to have to design new seating around the bike path because of it's nonsensical routing right behind Meade Stadium. It's also going to be a tight window for constructing new East stands, I can't imagine construction equipment on the new field turf would be good for the surface
Exactly
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I didn't know there were food trucks at Meade. Are there any good ones? They have to be better than the RC concessions, right?