The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by Rhody74 »

God, the Patriots suck. So did the Red Sox. The Celtics and Bruins both underperformed. URI needs to have a great season!!
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tampa Bay (5-2) favored by a whopping 12.5 points playing @ NY Giants (1-6) on Monday Night Football

Brady to Gronk a time or two tonight?

NY Jets are (0-8), Patriots are (2-5)

Disaster of a year for 3 Northeast Teams

Next MNF Excitement matches NE Patriots @ NY Jets. Could the Jets win their first game? :roll: :roll: :roll:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Giants now (1-7), Jets (0-8)

NYC now a combined (1-15)
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Giants now (1-7), Jets (0-8)

NYC now a combined (1-15)
#sad Altho...closer to 1st in their division than the Pats.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Watched Zack Wilson for BYU last night @ Boise State at BYU won (51-17)

Imagined Wilson as a Patriot and when I looked up NFL Mock Drafts for fun I found Wilson going to New England.

Ahead of Wilson was Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Trey Lance.

I'd love to see Wilson in Foxboro.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... l-sanders/
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Halftime MNF:

NY Jets 20
NE Patriots 10
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Watched Zack Wilson for BYU last night @ Boise State at BYU won (51-17)

Imagined Wilson as a Patriot and when I looked up NFL Mock Drafts for fun I found Wilson going to New England.

Ahead of Wilson was Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Trey Lance.

I'd love to see Wilson in Foxboro.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... l-sanders/
I don't think Cam is the problem. He has nobody to throw to.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think BB needs to start Stiddy the final 3 games of the season , Cam is not the answer and we need to see what we have with the kid
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

reef wrote: 3 years ago I think BB needs to start Stiddy the final 3 games of the season , Cam is not the answer and we need to see what we have with the kid
Since I think Cam's probably permanently diminished because of injuries, might as well, yeah. I don't really think Stidham is the long-term answer either, but you might as well see if he can be a viable stopgap solution for next year, or if you need another one-year rental or veteran back-up.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rumors of possible Jimmy G returning to the Pats as the 49ers can move on from him with only a small hit to their salary cap ??
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awful effort just awful sit Cam down and toss in Jarrett S
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Newton won't be back, my prediction.

Pats won't suck next season, no way.

As long as BB is their coach, anyway.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree bone no way Cam is back and you would think the Pats will improve a lot next year as long as they make the right key decisions
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

They were missing several key players who opted out at the beginning of the season, which didn't help.

But like the Giants, just not enough weapons on offense.

They really aren't that far off...the difference between winning and losing the close ones isn't much.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Have to think they draft a QB - if Stidham could play, he's probably out there right now. Newton, unfortunately, I think the injuries have permanently reduced his skill level. He's probably at the RG3-post-Washington phase of his career right now - you can throw him in there as a backup for like a half or a game or two a year, but after that point, defenses adjust and he wears down. Wentz might be available, but he's owed a bajillion dollars and might also be irreparably damaged, and the same with Darnold with the additional caveat that I doubt the Jets are going to be interested in trading him to the Pats.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I think the Pats problem now is draft position. The 4 QB prospects all look like Top 12-13 picks, and even then, is there a guy there that they actually like?

Best case scenario they can get to 6-10 by losing the next 2. That would make the records something like this (according to my projections):

Jacksonville 1-15
NYJ 2-14
Cincy 3-12-1
Carolina 4-12
Atlanta 4-12
San Fran 5-11
Denver 5-11
Houston 5-11
Philly 5-10-1
------------------
Giants 6-10
Dallas 6-10
Detroit 6-10
Minnesota 6-10
Pats 6-10

The good news is the Pats would beat the Giants, Cowboys, Lions, and Vikings in the tie-breaker (at least based off last weeks figures), which is SOS. That would get them to pick 10. Houston and Denver look positioned to beat the Pats in a tie-breaker, while SF would be close, if they were to win a game they aren't supposed to. But the key for the Pats is to keep losing at all costs.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

It'll be interesting to see what their mindset is. Like, the last time they used a first round pick on a QB was probably Drew Bledsoe, unless I'm forgetting someone. Having Tom Brady for almost 20 years is a nice problem to have. They've drafted some OK quarterbacks with picks ranging from third to seventh rounders, but with the exception of Jimmy G. maybe, none of them have been guys you would have wanted to start long-term.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

QBs to go in 1st round

Trevor Lawrence Clemson - will go first to either NY Jets or Jacksonville
Justin Fields Ohio State - could go 2nd or in top 5
Zach Wilson Brigham Young could go in top 5. Wilson is moving up the rankings
Mac Jones Alabama could go in top 10
Trey Lance North Dakota State could go in top 15
Kyle Trask Florida could go in top 15
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Pats are targeting Zach Wilson I think.

IMO that would be a great move. I think Wilson will make a very good pro QB.

Not that they will be available where the Pats will pick, but Fields, Jones, and Trask would not be good picks, especially Fields.

If the Jets pick 2nd they will likely take Fields, who I think will be a bust. Not a good enough passer. Probably end up like Haskins.

Take the Alabama wide receiver. Slam dunk.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What about Trevor L ??
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Pats are targeting Zach Wilson I think.

IMO that would be a great move. I think Wilson will make a very good pro QB.

Not that they will be available where the Pats will pick, but Fields, Jones, and Trask would not be good picks, especially Fields.

If the Jets pick 2nd they will likely take Fields, who I think will be a bust. Not a good enough passer. Probably end up like Haskins.

Take the Alabama wide receiver. Slam dunk.
Rambone,
I think you are right on with Fields. Some Mock Drafts have Fields going #2 right behind Trevor Lawrence.
It will be interesting this Friday when #2 Seed Clemson takes on #3 Seed Ohio State - Lawrence against Fields
Then you have Mac Jones with #1 Seed Alabama going against Notre Dame

A lot of NFL Scout Eyes will be on these 3 QB's

I love Zach Wilson and he has been moving up the Mock Draft Charts most of the season. One Mock Draft has Wilson going #2. I like Wilson better than Lawrence, Fields, Davis and Lance.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Brady was outstanding in Saturday's 47-7 win over the Lions
22-27 for 348 yards and 4 TDs with no interceptions
Gronk caught 2 passes both for Touchdowns. 33 yards from Brady and 25 yards from Gabbert

Tampa Bay goes to 10-5 with final game home to hapless Atlanta
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Brady playing great at age 43 with 36 TDs , I hope he plays at least another 2 years
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Newton won't be back, my prediction.

Pats won't suck next season, no way.

As long as BB is their coach, anyway.
I think you're right. Cam is gone. Pats have a lot of cap space, definitely bring in a QB. Maybe trade for Watson? Also could be in the JJ Watt sweepstakes.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I don’t think they will go after Watt with his age and the cost . Hope we can find a good QB ??
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Pats need defensive help, too. Lots of questions - do they keep Chung, Collins, what about Gilmore? They could use an edge rusher, I don't think Chase Winovich is the answer.

But agree - QB is a higher priority.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Supposedly all of the opt outs are coming back most notable Hightower and P Chung
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

BB spent some money today baby
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

reef wrote: 3 years ago BB spent some money today baby
He did. Surprisingly, he also brought back Cam. Do they still draft a QB?

Chung retired. That is a big loss.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

RI_Rams wrote: 3 years ago
reef wrote: 3 years ago BB spent some money today baby
He did. Surprisingly, he also brought back Cam. Do they still draft a QB?
Unless they surprise everyone and trade up to 5 or 6, I think all of the guys mentioned as potential first rounders are going to be gone by #15. It wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a developmental guy anywhere from the second round on, but probably not someone who can start from day one. Also, like everyone else in the universe, I suspect that they might want to sign Jimmy G. if the 49ers release him. He's got two years, $50M left on his contract, so I'm not sure if the 49ers will find a team willing to take on all that cash, but cutting him would be around a $25M to $28M cap hit each year, if I'm reading right.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Supposedly the 49ers want to keep Jimmy G for one more season and have their new QB sit for a year like Mahomes did at KC.

I would like to see the Pats trade up to get a QB but looks like the top 4 will be gone with picks 1-4
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

^I heard that as well. It's an interesting decision either way if they keep or cut him.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Mac Jones was a smart choice by Bill B then he moves up to Pick 38 to grab the defensive MVP in the Championship Game for Alabama.

Barmore has a simple philosophy for picking his favorite football teams.

“I love dominance,” said Barmore, who grew up rooting for Alabama and the Patriots. “I love winners.”

Now the massive defensive lineman gets to say he’s played for both after the Patriots tapped their Tuscaloosa connection again Friday night, trading up in the second round to get Barmore with the 38th overall pick.

New England sent three picks to Cincinnati (Nos. 46, 122, and 139) to acquire Barmore, the second Crimson Tide player Bill Belichick in two days after selecting quarterback Mac Jones in the first round Thursday.

“It’s pretty unusual for the first interior defensive lineman to be drafted [that late],” said Belichick. “Felt good about acquiring [him] ... He has good quickness and good instincts.”

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Love this Pats draft so far with Mac Jones , Baremore and Ronnie from Oklahoma
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Mac Jones vs Tom Brady Oct 3

Cam Newton surprisingly cut today
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 2 years ago Mac Jones vs Tom Brady Oct 3

Cam Newton surprisingly cut today
Who cares?
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I love the move Mac looks ready and Cam just isn’t very good, can’t wait for the season
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Signing Newton for one year was a good hedge, if Jones didn't look ready for the job. But it sounds like Jones has been better than Newton in camp anyway, so you might as well make the move now. Might be the end of the road for Newton, unless he's willing to be a back-up for a couple weeks while he learns a new team's playbook. There aren't many teams you can point to where he would be an upgrade, unless you're talking about teams with disappointing young players. (i.e. I think Daniel Jones sucks, but the current Giants administration is going to ride or die with him, and besides, not clear Cam is better than him anyway.)
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago Signing Newton for one year was a good hedge, if Jones didn't look ready for the job. But it sounds like Jones has been better than Newton in camp anyway, so you might as well make the move now. Might be the end of the road for Newton, unless he's willing to be a back-up for a couple weeks while he learns a new team's playbook. There aren't many teams you can point to where he would be an upgrade, unless you're talking about teams with disappointing young players. (i.e. I think Daniel Jones sucks, but the current Giants administration is going to ride or die with him, and besides, not clear Cam is better than him anyway.)
Agree. Rhode Map guy suggested the Giants..
My immediate response was NOOOOO.......and I don't even know who there backup is...
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 2 years ago Signing Newton for one year was a good hedge, if Jones didn't look ready for the job. But it sounds like Jones has been better than Newton in camp anyway, so you might as well make the move now. Might be the end of the road for Newton, unless he's willing to be a back-up for a couple weeks while he learns a new team's playbook. There aren't many teams you can point to where he would be an upgrade, unless you're talking about teams with disappointing young players. (i.e. I think Daniel Jones sucks, but the current Giants administration is going to ride or die with him, and besides, not clear Cam is better than him anyway.)
My immediate response was NOOOOO.......and I don't even know who there backup is...
Mike Glennon is the backup. He's better than Cam at this point.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Cam should wait it up and see if a starter gets hurt and then hope and pray his phone rings lol
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago
Mike Glennon is the backup. He's better than Cam at this point.
From what I saw last year...probably most of us are?
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

I'm not willing to go that far and say that Mike friggin' Glennon is better than Newton. Glennon is like the shitty man's Jeff George, a guy with a big arm that every QB coach thinks he can personally fix or work with. I don't think the supporting talent was all that great in New England in 2020, and they were still 7-8 when he played. The 8 TDs, 10 INTs look bad, but overall, he had 20 TD and 16 TO, when you factor in his running. Not great, but I think he's probably somewhere in the 15 to 30 range of QBs.

All that being said... He's 32 and he's got a ton of miles on him, because of his play style and how he's been used by teams. It wouldn't surprise me if he's effectively done with the NFL as a result. Usually, most teams want a younger QB with upside and a low cap hit as their #2, not a guy who will maybe be average if he's healthy.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I see him as a natural in television coverage of football.
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Terrible news and also David Patten last week RIP to those Ex Patriots
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That was actually a fun game to watch and a great way to start the season . Gronk has 4 TDs in last 2 games SB and tonight and Brady can still get it done at 44
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »