PC game cancelled - WHY???

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: PC game cancelled - WHY???

Unread post by reef »

God bless u Travis Steele very cool video
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 3 years ago I know this won’t happen, but I would love to see that blowhard come crawling back and beg URI for a game to help fill their schedule. And if I’m URI I absolutely accept...on one condition...this would now be PC’s home game and next year it’s back to the RC.
After cancelling the game then the ridiculous answer they gave and Cooley’s comments last week, I 10000% do not accept, I
laugh in Cooley and Driscoll’s face when I’m hanging up the phone, and hopefully Cox or Thorr publicly say they don’t want the game as a backup plan for PC.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
RhodyRam86 wrote: 3 years ago I know this won’t happen, but I would love to see that blowhard come crawling back and beg URI for a game to help fill their schedule. And if I’m URI I absolutely accept...on one condition...this would now be PC’s home game and next year it’s back to the RC.
After cancelling the game then the ridiculous answer they gave and Cooley’s comments last week, I 10000% do not accept, I
laugh in Cooley and Driscoll’s face when I’m hanging up the phone, and hopefully Cox or Thorr publicly say they don’t want the game as a backup plan for PC.
You take the game. All day every day.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

In December:

Ed Cooley: I continue to tell you Providence College cares about Providence College. Period...There's a lot bigger fish to fry than the University of Rhode Island. The championship of the Big East does not go through Kingston. It goes through the Big East

In February:

Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago In December:

Ed Cooley: I continue to tell you Providence College cares about Providence College. Period...There's a lot bigger fish to fry than the University of Rhode Island. The championship of the Big East does not go through Kingston. It goes through the Big East

In February:

Never thought I’d applaud Five-foot-one Donaldson, but I am now.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago In December:

In February:

Never thought I’d applaud Five-foot-one Donaldson, but I am now.
I would enjoy a little more talk from him about how Cooley said "the Big East doesn't go through Kingston" but this helps.

I keep hearing how "soft" their team is this year. I wonder if it comes from their soft-ass coach making soft-ass moves to duck their rival.

But yeah, FDU really prepared the Friars for that magical NCAA run!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Cooley said that "UConn is a natural rivalry" and its always tough to play a Dan Hurley team. Lets see what he says after the game
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago Cooley said that "UConn is a natural rivalry" and its always tough to play a Dan Hurley team. Lets see what he says after the game
Both those statements are true, I don't see anything wrong with that quote.
Go Rhody
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago Cooley said that "UConn is a natural rivalry" and its always tough to play a Dan Hurley team. Lets see what he says after the game
I didn’t say anything was “wrong” about what he said. I said let’s see what he says after the game...
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

He says URI isn't a rivalry but UConn is a natural rival and you see nothing wrong with that? Nobody on the UConn side cares about PC, PC doesn't beat them enough for them to care. You can't have a natural rivalry if one side doesn't care about the game at all
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
He says URI isn't a rivalry but UConn is a natural rival and you see nothing wrong with that? Nobody on the UConn side cares about PC, PC doesn't beat them enough for them to care. You can't have a natural rivalry if one side doesn't care about the game at all
He says they're a natural rivalry because their in the same conference and close in proximity. He says we're not a rival because he obviously looks down on the A10 and URI and treats us like we're an NAIA school and he can't be bothered with us.

It's pretty easy to understand.
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

So you’re saying the leader of the program (EC) espouses delusional rhetoric (that they are rivals with UConn :) and not URI) and it rallies some of his base. Hmmm, where have we seen that before?
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Oh boy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago So you’re saying the leader of the program (EC) espouses delusional rhetoric (that they are rivals with UConn :) and not URI) and it rallies some of his base. Hmmm, where have we seen that before?
When I see EC - I think of our own E.C. (Elbert Clark) Matthews. It took me a min to realize you were talking about Obnoxious Ed "let's forget I used to coach at URI" Cooley. Please don't insult EC Matthews by calling Cooley by EC.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Ed's Cooley
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Why even listen / repeat what Cooley says since he is a prime BS artist. Remember his quote when talking about not playing our game he stated that he will do and does what is in the best interest of Providence College. That was basically his rationale for not playing us. As a matter of fact (from an impeccable source) AD Driscoll claimed that he did not know about the FDU game being scheduled until it was brought to his attention. I do not believe that but all I am doing is stating what I was told by my source. As a matter of fact if he always does what is in the best interest of PC he should resign as he is in way over his head for what he is being paid. His leaving would be a real positive development for Friartown (whatever that is).
A lot of posters on the PC Board would be thrilled if that were to happen. Personally I hope he stays since the program is retreating big time with him at the helm.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Cooley is PC's CFL.

And we thought Baron's 10 year deal was bad.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

From the UConn forum - good stuff....

"It's Providence, not some sort of peer program. You go there to win and come out of it without any injuries. This isn't a stick out your chest because you won game."

"They hate that we're back in the Big East, stealing blue chippers right from under their nose. That we were "let" back in. Well, guess what. We're back. And we're about to smash you in the face. This year....and for the next 10 years because you have a little school with an overpaid coach that you're stuck with because you can't afford to buy him out. 40m for the next 10 years? Good lord.

I can't wait to pulverize these poindexters again."
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Poindexters is such a criminally underrated insult
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

UConn ( Maximus) to PC (Commodus)
f21767f02891074505560d22103eeac1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Cooley is PC's CFL.

It was. Let’s not get crazy and compare Cooley to Baron. I know he’s a shit coach but he’s knocked off ranked teams and been to 5 tournaments. Their level of mediocrity is a significantly higher level than ours was under baron.

A lot has to do with opportunities and the conference/resources, but still.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Cooley is PC's CFL.

It was. Let’s not get crazy and compare Cooley to Baron. I know he’s a shit coach but he’s knocked off ranked teams and been to 5 tournaments. Their level of mediocrity is a significantly higher level than ours was under baron.

A lot has to do with opportunities and the conference/resources, but still.
The challenge is that it's hard to call the results "mediocre." If a coach puts a team in the tournament 6 out of 7 years (I count last year, for all projected teams, and it's easier to do for teams that were locked in pre-conference tournament), it's really hard to call that mediocre. How many programs around the country would like their name called on Selection Sunday 6 out of 7 times? I would agree that his in-tournament results are extremely poor and are also unacceptable, and would agree that his tournament performance is mediocre, but not the overall body of work.

That said it appears the message has gotten stale, and it's on the Coach to fix it. Not having a starting-caliber PG is an issue but it's also his issue. Getting screwed out of a potential tournament run last year sucks, but 67 other teams also got screwed out of that. Time for the PC fans who use that excuse to get over it. He built the roster, it's on him. The heat is cranked up and while I think he deserves a few years given his overall body of work, it's time to make it happen.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

PCBB under Cooley has been like the Buffalo Bills in the 90s. A lot of participation trophies.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago PCBB under Cooley has been like the Buffalo Bills in the 90s. A lot of participation trophies.
You are giving them too much credit, at least the Bills went to the Super Bowl 4 times, didn't see those runs with PC.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

More like the Cincinnati Bengals from 2000 on.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago More like the Cincinnati Bengals from 2000 on.
Slightly different - NFL used to put 38% of it's teams in the playoffs, currently puts 44%.
NCAA Basketball currently puts 19% of it's teams in the tournament, not factoring in auto-bids that are off-limits.
Making the NCAA Tournament puts you in a more exclusive group of company than most other sports.
Also hard to compare collegiate to professional teams given professional teams have draft/free agency on their side.
PC, like URI, will never consistently compete with blue-bloods for players.
Any run to the Sweet 16 will likely be construed as a "miracle" run for those teams.
Again, not defending the 1-5 overall because it should be at least 3-5, but again, you can't win in the tournament if you don't play, and I'd rather make the tournament in 6 out of 8 seasons and go 1-5, than make the tournament in 2 out of 8 seasons and go 2-2.
Now if you have a Sweet 16 to show for it, perhaps than we can talk.
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 3 years ago
theblueram wrote: 3 years ago More like the Cincinnati Bengals from 2000 on.
Slightly different - NFL used to put 38% of it's teams in the playoffs, currently puts 44%.
NCAA Basketball currently puts 19% of it's teams in the tournament, not factoring in auto-bids that are off-limits.
Making the NCAA Tournament puts you in a more exclusive group of company than most other sports.
Also hard to compare collegiate to professional teams given professional teams have draft/free agency on their side.
Any run to the Sweet 16 will likely be construed as a "miracle" run for those teams.
Again, not defending the 1-5 overall because it should be at least 3-5, but again, you can't win in the tournament if you don't play, and I'd rather make the tournament in 6 out of 8 seasons and go 1-5, than make the tournament in 2 out of 8 seasons and go 2-2.
I typically don't get involved in PC talk because I care about URI and not PC, BUT...

In reference to your comment about "PC, like URI, will never consistently compete with blue-bloods for players." What does it say about PC program if UConn fresh back in the BE is competing and recruiting players over the "blue-bloods"?
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

[quote=rjsuperfly66 post_id=473599 time=1612970648 user_id=631]
[quote=theblueram post_id=473594 time=1612968424 user_id=288]
More like the Cincinnati Bengals from 2000 on.
[/quote]

[/quote]

1. It’s nice of you to acknowledge that in the broader bball landscape, for all intents and purposes, we are in the same boat. Now maybe go explain that to the deranged bloc of your fan base and your HC.

2. Not sure on your analogy. As a college hoops fan that then spends the money to make the NCAA trip there is nothing better than getting that first win and spending a weekend in a new city happy about hoops. One and dones are a brutal fan experience. In broader sense comparing the two over the last decade we have 2 ncaa wins, 2 appearances, 2 conference titles, more weeks ranked in Top 25 vs PCs 1 win, 6 appearances, 1 conf title. All in all probably pretty even as to what you would prefer in a blind taste test.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 3 years ago In reference to your comment about "PC, like URI, will never consistently compete with blue-bloods for players." What does it say about PC program if UConn fresh back in the BE is competing and recruiting players over the "blue-bloods"?
UCONN used to be a borderline blue-blood. They had 4 National Championships from 1999-2014, with a 5th Final Four in the mix. They had a coach underperform there and were forced into a not so good conference but everyone assumed the combination of Hurley and the Big East were going to be a great mix for recruiting. I don't think it says anything about PC. I'm not sure how anyone could ...
bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago 2. Not sure on your analogy. As a college hoops fan that then spends the money to make the NCAA trip there is nothing better than getting that first win and spending a weekend in a new city happy about hoops. One and dones are a brutal fan experience. In broader sense comparing the two over the last decade we have 2 ncaa wins, 2 appearances, 2 conference titles, more weeks ranked in Top 25 vs PCs 1 win, 6 appearances, 1 conf title. All in all probably pretty even as to what you would prefer in a blind taste test.
For me, the regular season is all about seeding and positioning for the tournaments. I don't really care about the polls, I don't really care about the regular season titles, and while conference titles are a fun story, I don't really care about those either in terms of comparing team resumes as the goal for everyone is to make the tournament, and just fact checking, NCAA reference has PC ranked for 12 weeks and URI ranked for 11 weeks in the last decade by I digress (unless I couldn't count, but even then I could still care less about it's importance).

To me, it's very hard to call a NCAA Tournament appearance a "mediocre" season, unless there was a real underperformance to expectations. Missing the tournament is usually a "mediocre" season, unless a team was very young and maybe made an NIT run. So if you are making the tournament almost every year, perhaps you aren't punching through the way you should, but it's still a decent season, even if losing that game blows.

My issue with Cooley is that I feel the trajectory has flattened to trending downward, but that doesn't mean I think all those seasons were mediocre. This specific season though, they've sucked.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago PCBB under Cooley has been like the Buffalo Bills in the 90s. A lot of participation trophies.
I think a smoother comparison here would be the Joe Johnson-era Atlanta Hawks. A lot of making the playoffs, and then, being dealt handily by the Celtics, Cavs or Pistons - whatever teams were dominant at the time. The Raptors would have also been a good comparison point, but their GM had the job security and confidence to snag Leonard when the team was a piece away.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
And to just add to this, you say "nobody on the UConn side cares about PC" and "You can't have a natural rivalry if one side doesn't care about the game at all."

Then why, on the first post in a thread about PC, does the poster say "Rivalry returns" if nobody on UConn side cares? Also does saying "I hate Providence" in another post count as someone "caring?"
Go Rhody
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I don't think Cooley is a super coach or anything, but who's kidding who, the first and most important barometer of success for the majority of programs is to get in the tourney. Does "NCAA or bust" sound familiar? Cooley has done pretty well in that regard. Comparing him to Baron is just wrong IMO.

That being said, any PC fan that has the audacity to mention themselves in the same realm as UConn is just being ignorant.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That's too bad
:cry: :cry: :cry:

LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote: 3 years ago That's too bad

eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Were they looking for a "developmental" game as Cooley stated earlier this season when they scheduled FDU in place of us. Central Connecticut apparently was not available.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago That's too bad

If you're a Billy Madison movie fan: "O'Doyle rules, O'Doyle rules, O'Doyle rules!" <Car rolls over cliff.>

Edit: or I could just insert the scene:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The road to the NCAA doesn't go through Kingston.....

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Farleigh Dickinson got them prepared for a tourney run.

Anyone know what time they play tomorrow?

Give to Rhody's NIL
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

The road to the NCAA doesn't go through Kingston.....or Providence.

It is not my usual personality to celebrate other's demise BUT I am so done with CFL and his fans.

THIS IS KARMA!!

We should never play them again, screw them!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago ...

What happened to your nose?
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago The road to the NCAA doesn't go through Kingston.....or Providence.

It is not my usual personality to celebrate other's demise BUT I am so done with CFL and his fans.

THIS IS KARMA!!

I still want to play them every year.

Always a good week leading to the game, do a little pregame festivities at Mews or anywhere near The Dunk, sold out and loud arena, nationally televised game, then a few post game drinks.

I do agree that Cooley and their fans deserve this and I am so so sick of them. Maybe now they will stop thinking their Coach is a HOFer and their program is a blueblood.
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago The road to the NCAA doesn't go through Kingston.....or Providence.

THIS IS KARMA!!

Agree.

Just drop them. Don’t play them next year or ever.
Sickens my stomach.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

The only way URI will get the respect it deserves from the rest of the state is by our men’s basketball beating the Fryizz’ brains in year in and year out.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

This notion of not playing them is so stupid I can't even believe I'm responding to it.

THEY. ARE. OUR. RIVAL.

Period.

OF COURSE you want to play them. We HATE them. They look like enormous pussies ducking the game, especially now that they weren't good enough to get into the tourney on their own.

If we're going to watch shit basketball next year and until we make a coaching change, I at least want to have ONE meaningful game before a disappointing first round conference tourney exit to another shitty A-10 school.

That rivalry is one of the unique and awesome things about this state that continually keeps losing them - like our name.

At least give me bragging rights or a week of fun and excitement before a continued winter of suck.

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ed Cooley and the Friars are still a good match, despite this season
Bill Koch - The Providence Journal

The frustration Ed Cooley felt late Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden comes with the burden of expectations.

It’s a credit to the Providence coach that his program was picked third in the preseason league polls. The Friars were viewed as in the ascendancy after a strong finish to 2019-20 and the return of a few key pieces.

This Big East Tournament loss to lowly DePaul was made more painful by those realities. Providence’s 13-13 overall record marked the first time since Cooley's 2011-12 debut that the Friars finished at or below the .500 mark. It wasn’t a particularly enjoyable 26-game journey on the whole in any way.

Much like at the University of Rhode Island, Providence deserves considerable credit for making it to the finish line with all of its Tier 1 staff healthy and well. COVID-19 forced pauses among nine of the conference’s 11 programs and PC wasn't one of them. That speaks to the care and respect Providence’s inner circle paid to one another, and that cultural foundation will be necessary to weather the on-court questions certain to follow over the next few weeks and months.

The Friars will finish outside the KenPom.com top 50 in defensive efficiency for the first time in seven years, and it’s at that end of the floor that limited practice time and meshing inexperienced faces was felt the most. There is a connectivity required to stop the ball, force turnovers and effectively help a teammate. This edition of Providence showed too little of it compared to some of its predecessors.

Only with Kris Dunn in the lineup have the Friars finished in the national top 50 in offensive efficiency under Cooley, and nagging difficulties at that end of the floor were left a bit more exposed. Outside of David Duke and Nate Watson, Providence struggled to find a consistent third scorer and hit at less than 33.5% from 3-point range for the fourth straight year. Alyn Breed showed flashes at times as a freshman and Noah Horchler emerged as an effective starter down the stretch — the noteworthy positives among the rest of the lineup were too few otherwise.

An extended period of self-scouting could lead the Friars toward considering a bit of a quicker pace. Cooley has won at an overall 58.96% clip at Providence, but that number jumps to 65.4% in the 107 games the Friars have played at an adjusted tempo of 70 possessions or more. Cooley’s two fastest teams — an adjusted average of 68.4 possessions each — took the floor for his only NCAA Tournament victory to date in 2016 and during the storm toward March last season.

The players Providence wants to recruit — long, explosive, athletic guards and wings around capable big men inside — might be better maximized if allowed to work in the open floor a bit more often. Duke and Jared Bynum are both willing passers while Breed could use some extra space for his slashes toward the rim. Greg Gantt and Jimmy Nichols Jr., assuming his return to full health, of course, could see their physical abilities fully unlocked while enjoying the occasional easy look on the run.

Adjustments will be required while facing what has quickly become a new reality for the Friars in the conference. Providence won its second tournament championship while celebrating the league’s realignment in 2013-14. The Friars were able to establish themselves as annual postseason contenders without competing against the buckets of football cash enjoyed by the likes of Louisville, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Syracuse.

Connecticut’s reintroduction changes that calculus alongside Villanova and Creighton, and it’s not for the better if you’re Providence. Point all you want to Dan Hurley’s head-to-head record against Cooley, but remember the lion’s share of that mark came at a program Friars fans will always consider little brother. The Huskies are a more powerful platform for Hurley than he enjoyed with the Rams and he’s likely to maximize their national brand in short order.

Criticizing performance while citing Cooley’s annual salary, a gleaming practice facility and charter flights is to ignorantly grasp at low-hanging fruit. Those amenities are what it takes to even compete at a level where you can make what should have been six NCAA Tournaments in eight years. Cooley has more than delivered on that end of the bargain for Providence after the program reached March Madness only twice from 1998-2013.

Does that mean Cooley can’t improve as a head coach? That the Friars can’t further raise their ceiling as a program? Certainly not. Villanova's Jay Wright presided over a 13-19 team as recently as 2011-12 and ran an offense that ranked 113th in efficiency the following season. The Wildcats have followed with two national championships and are among the premier player development machines in the sport.

For some fans to suggest Providence has peaked with Cooley in charge or that he should be under some sort of pressure entering the next couple of seasons is to be blinded by elitism. It’s certainly more difficult for this current version of the Friars — as an athletic department on the whole, frankly — to paint themselves as plucky underdogs than it might have been under Rick Pitino and Pete Gillen. But Providence remains in the hands of a capable steward, and it’s a short list of people in this particular job who would bask in that next run to relevancy more than its current coach.

bkoch@providencejournal.com
On Twitter: @BillKoch25

Pretty fair article about Cooley. No mention of Cooley dropping the URI game and his mention of "the NCAA Tournament does not run through Kingston RI".
When he chose to drop the annual URI-PC Game I doubt many people, including Cooley, his Assistants or his Players thought PC would end up (9-10) (13-13) including losing to lowly DePaul in the 1st game of the BE Tournament and not being in contention for an NCAA or NIT bid.

Looking back it seems obvious the URI-PC game should have been played as both Teams has poor seasons.

PC with a bad year when the BE was weaker than normal with only 4 teams getting in the NCAA Tournament. Plus, Georgetown got in only because they stole a bid winning the BE Tournament.
UCONN was 1 of the 4 teams to get a bid - 1st time in the BE. Had Georgetown not won the BE and UCONN not joined would the BE have had only 2 Bids?

With the $40 million Ruane Center one would think Ed should be able to pull in better players than transfers from lowly A10 St Joseph's (Bynum) and lowly A10 LaSalle (Croswell). Bynum struggled with defense and especially 3P shooting. Croswell was a big disappointment. Reeves, Duke, Gantt and Monroe did not play to preseason expectations. Horchler was a bright spot - coming from North Florida was a smart move for him as UNF finished (6-6) (8-15) in the Atlantic Sun Conf. Nate Watson returning for a 5th year is huge for Cooley to build around with incoming transfers. #WhoDucken
Last edited by ramster 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Friars suck. This thread needs to be moved as well.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Livid WAtson is returning the kid is a certifiable beast
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Friars suck. This thread needs to be moved as well.
Thread needs to stay.
Cooley cancelling the PC-URI game this season was selfish, self-centered, vengeful and stupid decision of his coaching career.
Looking back at PC finishing (13-13) and losing to bottom dweller DePaul in the 1st round of the BE Tournament confirms how absurd dropping URI and replacing with FDU was.

But his decision did enable him to finish (13-13) instead of the (12-14) that would have resulted had he kept the URI game.

Recruiters can use this against Cooley. “Why play for PC and Ed Cooley who was afraid to play URI? We will never drop an in-state rivalry game so come here”.

Guy is a joke. But nothing better for me than knowing PC signed him Coach for Life.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Recruiters can use this against Cooley. “Why play for PC and Ed Cooley who was afraid to play URI? We will never drop an in-state rivalry game so come here”.
Yeah, that is not happening LOL

Some of your criticisms are fair. That one, that doesn't hit the mark...