Who enters the transfer portal first? (Poll)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.

Who enters the transfer portal first?

Poll ended at 3 years ago

Carey
29%
Betrand
No votes
Leggett
45%
Tres
23%
Martin
No votes
Walker
3%

Total votes: 31

RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Who enters the transfer portal first? (Poll)

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

It’s gonna happen at least once? Right?
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: Who enters the transfer portal first? (Poll)

Unread post by RF1 »

Players that have already transferred in are not likely to transfer again. They would have to sit out a year. You only get one transfer per career without having to sit out. Most all the names (other than Leggett and Tres Berry) listed above would not be eligible right away elsewhere.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No Harris?
No Mitchell Brothers
Sheppard?
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Someone last night mentioned that Cox was already looking past this year and coaching for next year. If that's true, why hasn't Berry played at all considering it wouldn't cost him any eligibility? He's got to be looking at the guys that are getting played and saying "I'm better than them". For that reason I picked him as first transfer
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Coaching for next year? What kind of coaching?

Basically giving up?

That's a fireable offense in my book.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

RF1 wrote: 3 years ago Players that have already transferred in are not likely to transfer again. They would have to sit out a year. You only get one transfer per career without having to sit out. Most all the names (other than Leggett and Tres Berry) listed above would not be eligible right away elsewhere.
They wouldn't have to sit if the NCAA grants a waiver, and in this Covid year who knows.

Also typically if there is a staff change, they are usually lenient in allowing immediate eligibility.
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
RF1 wrote: 3 years ago Players that have already transferred in are not likely to transfer again. They would have to sit out a year. You only get one transfer per career without having to sit out. Most all the names (other than Leggett and Tres Berry) listed above would not be eligible right away elsewhere.
They wouldn’t have to sit if the NCAA grants a waiver, and in this Covid year who knows.

Also typically if there is a staff change, they are usually lenient in allowing immediate eligibility.
I imagine we’ll have to wait and see how it plays out, but my gut says that we’ll see a lot fewer waivers granted now that everyone essentially gets one “free” transfer without having to sit out. Logically, I’d just expect the bar for an immediate-eligibility waiver after a second transfer to be higher.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If I were Ish, I'd run like hell. Does he think this staff is going to help him develop?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago If I were Ish, I'd run like hell. Does he think this staff is going to help him develop?
Not sure about Ish, he and his inner circle have a close relationship with Cox.

I think JH would be my guess for first in the portal if someone decides to leave, he wasn't on the list though.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago If I were Ish, I'd run like hell. Does he think this staff is going to help him develop?
Not sure about Ish, he and his inner circle have a close relationship with Cox.

I think JH would be my guess for first in the portal if someone decides to leave, he wasn't on the list though.
Harris would be my 1st choice too. But he is not on the list.
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

I hope no one from this team transfers out. I love watching the Rams develop year after year. I think consistency is important.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Leggett isn’t the type to give up on a program after one season, especially since he’s earning minutes and starts. I say Carey.
GO RAMS
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Leggett isn’t the type to give up on a program after one season, especially since he’s earning minutes and starts. I say Carey.
I said Carey too. At some point Cox will feel the heat under his seat more and then self-preservation will kick in and that will throw all promises made to players out the window.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Harris.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....Coach Cox......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago .....Coach Cox......
As much as I'd like to see that, he's not quitting or getting fired, yet.

Harris would be my guess.

Leggett imo will stay, he's going to get a lot of minutes next year.

But he's not likely to be here 4 years. Depends on when Cox is fired.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC895845-00AA-48AA-B76A-2BFB2C659911.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Urifan91 wrote: 3 years ago I hope no one from this team transfers out. I love watching the Rams develop year after year. I think consistency is important.
We might not have the right guy at the top if "developing" and "consistency" in the roster are your things.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago DC895845-00AA-48AA-B76A-2BFB2C659911.gif
:lol:
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago Someone last night mentioned that Cox was already looking past this year and coaching for next year. If that's true, why hasn't Berry played at all considering it wouldn't cost him any eligibility? He's got to be looking at the guys that are getting played and saying "I'm better than them". For that reason I picked him as first transfer
Someone really said that? I must have missed it. I guess that's the new excuse for the Cox can do no wrong people on here. I wonder what the excuse will be next year.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago Someone last night mentioned that Cox was already looking past this year and coaching for next year. If that's true, why hasn't Berry played at all considering it wouldn't cost him any eligibility? He's got to be looking at the guys that are getting played and saying "I'm better than them". For that reason I picked him as first transfer
Someone really said that? I must have missed it. I guess that's the new excuse for the Cox can do no wrong people on here. I wonder what the excuse will be next year.
Howl little basketball knowledge some people have on this board is truly incredible. Post after post after post that makes themselves sound like a fool.
Go Rhody
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

re: That post, I think the person was trying to speculate as to the why, and didn't mean that was *definitely* why Cox was being weird with his substitution patterns.

When it comes to Berry, my assumption is that he wasn't as good as the rostered players in practice. If he can shot 3s at a 40 percent clip, well, that would really help open things up, otherwise, I kind of assume he's the new Matt Butler or Bam Harmon - He's appealing to a desperate fan base because he's the unknown.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago
re: That post, I think the person was trying to speculate as to the why, and didn't mean that was *definitely* why Cox was being weird with his substitution patterns.

When it comes to Berry, my assumption is that he wasn't as good as the rostered players in practice. If he can shot 3s at a 40 percent clip, well, that would really help open things up, otherwise, I kind of assume he's the new Matt Butler or Bam Harmon - He's appealing to a desperate fan base because he's the unknown.
Well as we know, what happens in the practice is all that matters. It doesn't matter when you get on the court because even if you're playing at an all-american level, 9 mins in the first half is acceptable. It's what we drew up in practice!

You're totally right about Berry appealing to a desperate fanbase though. I mean since the coach came out and admitted we have no idea what we're doing and we don't know how to game plan...who cares!? Let it all fly! Give me more of the Roman!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago

Well as we know, what happens in the practice is all that matters. It doesn't matter when you get on the court because even if you're playing at an all-american level, 9 mins in the first half is acceptable. It's what we drew up in practice!

You're totally right about Berry appealing to a desperate fanbase though. I mean since the coach came out and admitted we have no idea what we're doing and we don't know how to game plan...who cares!? Let it all fly! Give me more of the Roman!
Now now, give Aris the Greek God of Fouls his proper due.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago

Now now, give Aris the Greek God of Fouls his proper due.
HAHAHAHAHHA omg. We really missed an opportunity to lean into that nickname.

Aris - we hardly knew ye!

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

There's so much negativity on the KB forum. I hope the players realize it's not representative of the overall fanbase. Are we really submitting answers to this question? It's been a disappointing season so far...it's not the end of the world or the program.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 years ago There's so much negativity on the KB forum. I hope the players realize it's not representative of the overall fanbase. Are we really submitting answers to this question? It's been a disappointing season so far...it's not the end of the world or the program.
No, but all the gains that were made during the Hurley years are gone. It's going to take a while to dig out of this mess. Some of us older fans are running out of time.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I agree that this is a silly poll and doesn’t look good for the board. Even acknowledging that there is risk every year that we will lose player(s) it’s like people on the board are projecting their own feelings onto our players. None of us know at all what their feelings are towards DC and each other.

In terms of the “gains” made during DH years that’s sorta hyperbole. What we lost were the wins and ncaa appearances, we lost some momentum with recruits and potentially donors I guess. But it’s not like we had something tangible with DH that we no longer have that isn’t fixed with more Ws and less Ls.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody_NYCT wrote: 3 years ago There's so much negativity on the KB forum. I hope the players realize it's not representative of the overall fanbase. Are we really submitting answers to this question? It's been a disappointing season so far...it's not the end of the world or the program.
No, but all the gains that were made during the Hurley years are gone. It's going to take a while to dig out of this mess. Some of us older fans are running out of time.
Yes, we got a little taste of success in Hurley's last 2 years after a long drought and now many fans are restless again.
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

I hear you. This year has been painful. Believe me, I want us to be a winner every year. I want more $ going into the program and for the program to be at the next level. The ups and downs are very frustrating. That said, although there were many unknowns, we were all pretty high on this team and group of transfers before the season started. It just hasn't worked out yet.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Yes, we got a little taste of success in Hurley's last 2 years after a long drought and now many fans are restless again.
How did you feel about things in 14-15, which was his third year?
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ace wrote: 3 years ago

How did you feel about things in 14-15, which was his third year?
I was one of the fans that knew it was going to take him a little while and was very excited about the Hurley hire, especially being a Jersey boy myself.
It was a nice turn around that year with 23 wins plus an NIT victory. Also excited with a young roster of EC, Martin, Jarvis, and JT.
Last edited by Jersey77 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I know Ace wasn't asking me, but I felt good like we were on the right path. Obviously not quite there, but for a couple of late missed opportunities (close losses to VCU and Davidson), they nearly on the right side of the bubble, or at least would have been very well in the conversation with wins there. Next year had a setback with EC's injury, then the magic of 2017 and 2018, though 2017 could have been a disaster if they didn't go on that streak.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago I agree that this is a silly poll and doesn’t look good for the board. Even acknowledging that there is risk every year that we will lose player(s) it’s like people on the board are projecting their own feelings onto our players. None of us know at all what their feelings are towards DC and each other.

In terms of the “gains” made during DH years that’s sorta hyperbole. What we lost were the wins and ncaa appearances, we lost some momentum with recruits and potentially donors I guess. But it’s not like we had something tangible with DH that we no longer have that isn’t fixed with more Ws and less Ls.
I think we'd have that practice facility by now and probably more improvements to the program.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

But those things don’t fall on DC. His job is to win games and keep the program relevant.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

When Dan was here he had a lot of input with the administration involving program enhancements.

He wasn't shy about saying we need this or that, in order to reach stated goals.

With Cox, we have no idea if he's been actively pushing for program upgrades.

Of course, he has a lot of other things to worry about right now.
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago I agree that this is a silly poll and doesn’t look good for the board. Even acknowledging that there is risk every year that we will lose player(s) it’s like people on the board are projecting their own feelings onto our players. None of us know at all what their feelings are towards DC and each other.

BAR this is spot on 100%, I appreciate reading your posts and a few others, but man for the most part this board has become a cess pool of miserable people saying dumber and dumber things. Then they give bro hugs to each other like 12 year olds. Pathetic.

Hey we can all be very unhappy with what we are seeing but show a little class. This poll is not that. I know it is a message board and yes you can say what you want yada yada etc. But it is a bad look for anybody who cares at all about Rhody hoops (and I know a few of the most prolific posters do not care just a troll job, but the rest of you? Come on be better.

And yes St. Louis will crush us tomorrow. They are just a much better team that until Covid knocked them out for about a month was the best team in this league. So I would be surprised if this game is competitive tomorrow so don't act like someone stole your girlfriend if they lose by double digits.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I will be shocked if we lose by less than double digits.

Forget winning.

At least this isn't a Baron-like collapse.

We never had a good record to begin with. Or have far to fall.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

4Diffs wrote: 3 years ago

BAR this is spot on 100%, I appreciate reading your posts and a few others, but man for the most part this board has become a cess pool of miserable people saying dumber and dumber things. Then they give bro hugs to each other like 12 year olds. Pathetic.

Hey we can all be very unhappy with what we are seeing but show a little class. This poll is not that. I know it is a message board and yes you can say what you want yada yada etc. But it is a bad look for anybody who cares at all about Rhody hoops (and I know a few of the most prolific posters do not care just a troll job, but the rest of you? Come on be better.

And yes St. Louis will crush us tomorrow. They are just a much better team that until Covid knocked them out for about a month was the best team in this league. So I would be surprised if this game is competitive tomorrow so don't act like someone stole your girlfriend if they lose by double digits.
Kudos to both of you about this poll.. My opinion is it should go away and never return in any form. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I was one of these student athletes and saw this poll I would be hugely offended. Come on gang we're better than this..
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

People continue to post things on this board showing little to no awareness/knowledge of basketball. It is brutal to log on and see on a daily basis.

This post is one of many.
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago People continue to post things on this board showing little to no awareness/knowledge of basketball. It is brutal to log on and see on a daily basis.

The interwebs is a wide world of everything. Maybe you should start your own forum?
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago People continue to post things on this board showing little to no awareness/knowledge of basketball. It is brutal to log on and see on a daily basis.

The interwebs is a wide world of everything. Maybe you should start your own forum?
Correct me if I am wrong...isn't this the guy who logs on just to bash JT mostly? Schooling everyone on awareness/knowledge of basketball?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong...isn't this the guy who logs on just to bash JT mostly? Schooling everyone on awareness/knowledge of basketball?
Guy must think he's a D1 coach. Living out a fantasy on a sports team message board.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

You mean JH? Jermaine Harris
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

1. I've stopped for the most part this year with him, he's been largely irrelevant this season, therefor no need for me to constantly critique his play.

2. I have plenty of knowledge in the game of basketball, seeing how I continued to say Harris is not nearly as talented as people made him out to be (I've been right all along), and this year 95% of posters finally seem to share that same sentiment.

I was just saying making a poll basically encouraging players to transfer is a bad and dumb look.
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago

1. I've stopped for the most part this year with him, he's been largely irrelevant this season, therefor no need for me to critique his play.

2. I have plenty of knowledge in the game of basketball, seeing how I continued to say Harris is not nearly as talented as people made him out to be (I've been right all along), and this year the 95% of posters finally seem to share that same sentiment.
You are and were correct on JH. But this is a fan forum for fans of the team. It's not a collective mind of basketball coaches. People just posting about the team they love. Maybe ranting, maybe throwing out conjecture, maybe just voicing their opinion. Lighten up on calling people out? It's a URI fan board. I never played basketball and hate the NBA. I just love college hoops and this team. People on here are here because they love this team.
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

ram1980 wrote: 3 years ago

Kudos to both of you about this poll.. My opinion is it should go away and never return in any form. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I was one of these student athletes and saw this poll I would be hugely offended. Come on gang we're better than this..
Totally agree with these posts. Which is why I refused to vote in the idiotic poll. I really wish the topic was removed from the forum.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Urifan91 wrote: 3 years ago
ram1980 wrote: 3 years ago

Totally agree with these posts. Which is why I refused to vote in the idiotic poll. I really wish the topic was removed from the forum.
Bump.
FIFY?
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago

Yes, sorry....typo.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago

Yes, sorry....typo.
No problem. Yes, same guy.