Stone Freeman

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Stone Freeman

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, or if I am breaking any KB rules.

For those of you who know and love Stone Freeman, his father "Big Russ" passed away during the night due to COVID.

I had the pleasure of working with Russ Freeman over the course of my career. He was a great person, loving and devoted father and husband, and an all around great guy. You can see why Stone is such a great young man.

Say a prayer (if that's your thing), lift a toast (if thats your thing), send positive healing thoughts to the Freeman family and to Stone, who loved his father dearly.

Lets kick this COVID thing...

GoRhody RamFam
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: Stone Freeman

Unread post by Rhody74 »

RIP Big Russ.
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Sorry for your loss stone.
ericf0120
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by ericf0120 »

I went to school with Stone and knew him well freshman year. You won’t find a genuine, more professional person than him. My heart breaks for him and his family. Thoughts and prayers to the Freeman family
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Check out this article from The Providence Journal:

Correctional officer, leader at ACI's women's facility, has died from COVID-19

https://www.providencejournal.com/story ... 542814002/
Slava Ukraini!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I extend my sympathy and condolences to the Freeman family.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Very sorry for the Freeman's loss.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Just terrible. So sorry for your loss, Stone.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
StoneFreeman
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by StoneFreeman »

I want to extend a sincere thank you to the entire Keaney Blue community for thinking of my family and I.

My Dad was as advertised. What we shared of Dad was who he was. A great father, husband, son and friend. We often would tell Dad he was a URI Ram by association. The guy worked so hard to send all three of his kids to the University of Rhode Island.

Thank you all again for thinking and praying for us. Big Russ legacy will live forever.

Stay well.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

StoneFreeman wrote: 3 years ago I want to extend a sincere thank you to the entire Keaney Blue community for thinking of my family and I.

My Dad was as advertised. What we shared of Dad was who he was. A great father, husband, son and friend. We often would tell Dad he was a URI Ram by association. The guy worked so hard to send all three of his kids to the University of Rhode Island.

Thank you all again for thinking and praying for us. Big Russ legacy will live forever.

Stay well.
You have been in our family’s prayers for weeks.

Your dad gave us all the gift of raising a brilliant story teller who is a part of our community.

Thankfully, in raising you, his legacy will live on forever in the stories you will continue to tell. Hopefully, the knowledge that he will stay alive through those stories and memories will give you a little bit of comfort in an awful time.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Just wanted to shout out Stone and what an incredibly mature and insanely professional job he does.

I do not know how he is talented and practiced well enough to talk about his dad on the air without breaking down.

He’s incredibly proud of you and the job you do.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I can see Stone at a big time network in his future
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Sorry for your loss Stone!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice to see him talk about his dad , he is really good play by play guy
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago Just wanted to shout out Stone and what an incredibly mature and insanely professional job he does.

I do not know how he is talented and practiced well enough to talk about his dad on the air without breaking down.

He’s incredibly proud of you and the job you do.
Yes that was impressive today. Stone has a very bright future.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

reef wrote: 3 years ago Nice to see him talk about his dad , he is really good play by play guy
........needs a bigger stage, like DiSano.......nice combo, Stone on the word pics, and Chris the why......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

reef wrote: 3 years ago Nice to see him talk about his dad , he is really good play by play guy
Especially for a young guy. That’s tough to do. I thought he was fair, too, to the Bonnie’s.
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes very professional for a guy that young, the kid is a natural
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Biggest bummer for me tonight is that I had to watch the game on mute because I had something else going on. Always love listening to Stone.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Stone is so wise and professional beyond his years. There are seasoned people with decades of experience who don't even do it as well as he does. He is a true talent and I cannot imagine what it was like for him going through the holiday season with his family life changed forever. He did a fantastic job on the call today. I wouldn't ever to be able to compose myself as well as he did. This is truly his calling.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 3 years ago Biggest bummer for me tonight is that I had to watch the game on mute because I had something else going on. Always love listening to Stone.
Replay is available on ESPN+ already.
http://www.espn.com/watch?id=38d9f165-5 ... b0cc511b28
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago
........needs a bigger stage, like DiSano.......nice combo, Stone on the word pics, and Chris the why......
They should pair Stone with Disano for the TV broadcasts. Stone is great on the call and Chris would bring deep knowledge of the league and game analysis.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah agree with that the color guy who ever it is isn’t that good DiSano would be better