Fatts (Grad Transfer to Maryland)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: Fatts

Unread post by PeteRI »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Don’t do it to him like that Fatts !!
You're pretty damn special when Reggie Miller says that about you.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

In Fatts Live IG yesterday he was telling someone that it was possible 3 of the transfers would be immediately eligible...no clue if that's just wishful thinking.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago In Fatts Live IG yesterday he was telling someone that it was possible 3 of the transfers would be immediately eligible...no clue if that's just wishful thinking.
He’s just guessing. Based on his interviews recently he probably means the twins and Martin.
Slava Ukraini!
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

It is also more probable they won't be eligible, I wouldn't go to the bank on it. I just don't think the NCAA will open the floodgates on all the waivers. Forour sake, I hope I am wrong.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago In Fatts Live IG yesterday he was telling someone that it was possible 3 of the transfers would be immediately eligible...no clue if that's just wishful thinking.
That doesn’t help recruiting interest for those last roster spots.
Recruits want playing time.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

How many waiver requests do you think the NCAA will get this year? Knowing they move at tortoise speed on these issues, I don't see it.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I wouldn’t count on any waivers going through especially cuz of this pandemic
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

series of short snippets, nicely done many topics covered.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 4 years ago I wouldn’t count on any waivers going through especially cuz of this pandemic
Not to mention they don’t qualify for a waiver. I doubt the NCAA is going to invest a bunch of time reviewing waivers that they have been getting criticized for unfairly/inconsistently approving and denying anyway. It’s the big reason the Big 10 developed the Proposal - very heavy criticism regarding football waivers, especially quarterbacks.

I’ll be shocked if the twins get a waiver.
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

Loyalty!
eng1ine
Jim Eitner

Unread post by eng1ine »

eng1ine
Jim Eitner

Unread post by eng1ine »

LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

https://collegehoopstoday.com/

Fatts projected as a potential All American
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Fatts deserves all the respect in the world for coming back for his final season.

People all over will watch these games just to see him perform.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago https://collegehoopstoday.com/

Fatts projected as a potential All American
I wonder if he’ll be on the preseason Naismith Watch List.

My guess is he will be, along with the Bob Cousy award which I think (without looking it up) is given to the country’s best point guard?
Go Rhody
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Fatts deserves all the respect in the world for coming back for his final season.

I'd imagine that the ticket sales staff are very happy with his decision to return.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Fatts deserves all the respect in the world for coming back for his final season.

Yup. Coming back to a below average team, during all this uncertainty, when he could have easily made money playing somewhere next year, demands respect from everyone in this state.

I thought he would be gone for all the reasons I listed above, but I’m glad I was wrong because watching him in Kingston or strictly on TV will be very entertaining.
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

TrevlontRook3 wrote: 4 years ago Loyalty!
Had to quote myself on this one because Fatts new tatt is on point
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

FYI - I'm about 5' 9". 😃
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That a recent pic ??
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Looks like Fatts is a true 5’7... kid can still ball.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

reef wrote: 3 years ago That a recent pic ??
September 2019. Thrill of a lifetime for me. :D
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Fatts saying the freshmen look good on IG
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

CamsRams wrote: 3 years ago Fatts saying the freshmen look good on IG
Not trying to be facetious, but what else is he going to say?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago
CamsRams wrote: 3 years ago Fatts saying the freshmen look good on IG
Not trying to be facetious, but what else is he going to say?
He could say nothing.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I hope we have URI basketball for the 2020-2021 season for Fatts' sake -- and ours. We won't see his likes again, and my understanding of proposed exemptions if this season is cancelled is he would not be allowed to play in a 2021-2022 season.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I admittedly have been checked out on college basketball since March and haven’t been following all the discussion on this, but I don’t understand how any player would lose a year of eligibility if they cancel the season. Even if they made no COVID related rule changes to make exceptions for guys who used up their fifth years, Fatts would have only played 3 seasons in 4 years and you get 5 years to play 4. Having said that, it’s probably moot since I doubt there’s much of a chance he sticks around for a fifth year, anyways - if this season is canceled he’ll be ready to make some money playing basketball.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

TruePoint wrote: 3 years ago I admittedly have been checked out on college basketball since March and haven’t been following all the discussion on this, but I don’t understand how any player would lose a year of eligibility if they cancel the season. Even if they made no COVID related rule changes to make exceptions for guys who used up their fifth years, Fatts would have only played 3 seasons in 4 years and you get 5 years to play 4. Having said that, it’s probably moot since I doubt there’s much of a chance he sticks around for a fifth year, anyways - if this season is canceled he’ll be ready to make some money playing basketball.
I agree with you that I have lost all interest with a normal season or any type of season doubtful. Tough to get excited about transfers or who will be eligible. I think with Fatts it is just a situation that it is highly unlikely he hangs around here two years no matter what happens.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

“We will be good when we are good.”
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago
Go get it Fatts!!!

(And Remy Martin must be as smooth AF. :D )
Last edited by PeteRI 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Fatts Russell, Tre Mitchell and Jalen Crutcher made the 3 AA Teams from the A10.

Big East only had 2 players.

AAC has no players.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago

Fatts Russell, Tre Mitchell and Jalen Crutcher made the 3 AA Teams from the A10.

Big East only had 2 players.

AAC has no players.
This looks like a Twitter acct from some random fan.
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

It's not the pre-season polls that matter.

(Although the hype is nice)
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

About a year ago, I got lambasted from Blueman and others because I posted about Tyrese using Hookah in the dorms and I was told to lighten up. So I’m sure I’ll hear it again today...but on Fatts IG last night he posted himself and Tyrese in an underground club in Providence packed with people dancing and he and Tyrese sharing a hookah pipe..

If they want a college basketball season, this behavior has to end. My wallet has closed for the season after seeing this reckless behavior.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago About a year ago, I got lambasted from Blueman and others because I posted about Tyrese using Hookah in the dorms and I was told to lighten up. So I’m sure I’ll hear it again today...but on Fatts IG last night he posted himself and Tyrese in an underground club in Providence packed with people dancing and he and Tyrese sharing a hookah pipe..

If they want a college basketball season, this behavior has to end. My wallet has closed for the season after seeing this reckless behavior.
This is what college kids are going to do, not just at URI, but every college campus, and this is one of the reasons why the predictions for the virus are so dire right now, 3000 deaths per day in December. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago About a year ago, I got lambasted from Blueman and others because I posted about Tyrese using Hookah in the dorms and I was told to lighten up. So I’m sure I’ll hear it again today...but on Fatts IG last night he posted himself and Tyrese in an underground club in Providence packed with people dancing and he and Tyrese sharing a hookah pipe..

This is what college kids are going to do, not just at URI, but every college campus, and this is one of the reasons why the predictions for the virus are so dire right now, 3000 deaths per day in December. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
I understand that but Fatts, more than most on the team this year, has a lot to lose if there isn’t a season.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 3 years ago

I understand that but Fatts, more than most on the team this year, has a lot to lose if there isn’t a season.
It’s September. Call me if he doing this October 1.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago

If he keeps this up, he could be on a ventilator Oct. 1.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

College kids gonna college kid...
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

LTR, I didn't see your post regarding Tyrese. but I see you mention Fatts and Ty together smoking a hookah, you are anecdotally providing info which supports my anxiety around sending kids back to school and sports. Most kids, young men and women really aren't wired to keep a healthy distance and at the ages I'm talking about, HS and College, even the folks that want to do the right thing all the time are susceptible to occasional lapses. Heck, adults are prone to lapses, just look at Geanie Ray, she has more reasons than anyone in the state to wear a mask everywhere she goes in public all the time and of course we all know about her and her whole entourage showing up to a "peaceful protest" or "rally" or whatever wearing no masks at all, at a time when we were still in the initial wave of populous infection.

Honestly I'm nervous this whole thing is going to bite us in the proverbial ass. When it all started I felt like, if Cv isn't liquefying our organs, it's just the flu so what's the big deal? Having lived and learned more since then I'm pretty sure it is a big deal. So putting people, kids, in a position where they can make bad choices, vis a vis in close proximity to each other on campuses, makes me nervous.

Having said all that, I can't stress enough that I want people to have freewill and the choices to express that freewill, that is most ingrained in my make-up. As I've always understood it, that is what God wants, freedom and freewill. One cannot choose the right thing without a multitude of choices. If choices are limited by others, an individual is robbed of his/her personal right to spiritual augmentation, diminishing or just spiritual awareness at all. Take away our choices and take away our spirit.

So, I have this internal dichotomy. I want people to have their choices, but I do want them to choose to keep vigilant. I will note that I don't know any of the details of Fatts and Tyrese sharing a hookah, was it an old picture, new post? I didn't see it. Also they could have been following all protocols for all we know. Perhaps they are both recently tested neg, travel between RI and Conn is ok presently, if they are both vigilant otherwise there should be no issue or breaking of any protocol. None of us can really know if they are diligent in this respect. Again I applaud them expressing their freewill, but wish they would choose to do things in less crowded environments until we get a handle on the larger part of the Cv19 situation.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Running Ram wrote: 3 years ago LTR, I didn't see your post regarding Tyrese. but I see you mention Fatts and Ty together smoking a hookah, you are anecdotally providing info which supports my anxiety around sending kids back to school and sports. Most kids, young men and women really aren't wired to keep a healthy distance and at the ages I'm talking about, HS and College, even the folks that want to do the right thing all the time are susceptible to occasional lapses. Heck, adults are prone to lapses, just look at Geanie Ray, she has more reasons than anyone in the state to wear a mask everywhere she goes in public all the time and of course we all know about her and her whole entourage showing up to a "peaceful protest" or "rally" or whatever wearing no masks at all, at a time when we were still in the initial wave of populous infection.

Honestly I'm nervous this whole thing is going to bite us in the proverbial ass. When it all started I felt like, if Cv isn't liquefying our organs, it's just the flu so what's the big deal? Having lived and learned more since then I'm pretty sure it is a big deal. So putting people, kids, in a position where they can make bad choices, vis a vis in close proximity to each other on campuses, makes me nervous.

Having said all that, I can't stress enough that I want people to have freewill and the choices to express that freewill, that is most ingrained in my make-up. As I've always understood it, that is what God wants, freedom and freewill. One cannot choose the right thing without a multitude of choices. If choices are limited by others, an individual is robbed of his/her personal right to spiritual augmentation, diminishing or just spiritual awareness at all. Take away our choices and take away our spirit.

So, I have this internal dichotomy. I want people to have their choices, but I do want them to choose to keep vigilant. I will note that I don't know any of the details of Fatts and Tyrese sharing a hookah, was it an old picture, new post? I didn't see it. Also they could have been following all protocols for all we know. Perhaps they are both recently tested neg, travel between RI and Conn is ok presently, if they are both vigilant otherwise there should be no issue or breaking of any protocol. None of us can really know if they are diligent in this respect. Again I applaud them expressing their freewill, but wish they would choose to do things in less crowded environments until we get a handle on the larger part of the Cv19 situation.
I guess I didn’t make my point clear. The hookah wasn’t even half the problem.

The problem was being at an overcrowded club, no masks on, people dancing close together, sweating, etc.

Posted at a location off Allen’s Avenue in Providence and date stamped as last night.

Telltale sign that it was a current post is that
Fatts was wearing his new Limitless necklace that he just got.

I understand free will, however Fatts going back on Tuesday and practicing with the team puts every other player at risk.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Right, well that doesn't sound good at all. And that is the risk of it all and why I've been leery of the whole get em back to the campuses thing. I know when I was in that time of life I thought being diligent most of the time was good enough. For somethings that may be, but many things in life require full diligence. When I was younger I weighed risk/reward a little different than I do now. I am not excusing the behavior, I am expecting the behavior, as I was once their age. That is why, although I want society to continually evolve into something of tolerance, complete equality, affording individuals personal freedom, there are times I believe when guidance and restrictions are prudent. I believe the decision to get back to school, at all levels really, is being made with too much consideration for things other than public health. There is though, always so much to consider, like the notion that public health is compromised by the shutdowns in secondary and tertiary ways we don't really even think about. What an odd time with so many heavy decisions to be made on so many levels.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago College kids gonna college kid...
True, but you want your seniors to lead by example.
Hope a huge deal isn't made of this, but should be a 'teaching moment' for coach.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

As long as he doesn't do that during the season.

It's also why they SHOULD play. If they don't play they will be more likely to go out and party.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago

If he keeps this up, he could be on a ventilator Oct. 1.
Highly highly highly unlikely.
Rhody19/21
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Rhody19/21 »

I’m more disappointed with the state for allowing a club to operate like that in these times. Gotta wonder how cox will handle it.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What’s the procedures for how all these college kids get tested for the virus is it mandatory ??
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

If the team isn’t tested before they practice again I would be shocked.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Why isn't Martin in Storrs area nightclubs?
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !