The Transfer Carousel - 2020-21

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Re: The Transfer Carousel - 2020

Unread post by DC_Rams »

MSS isn’t even a D-league level player. He will make an OK living overseas.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

You guys seem to confuse “lists” to “schools who have reached out” quite a bit with players.

Yes, all those schools have reached out to MSS, but that does not mean that he’s actually considering going to each of those schools. A final list are the ones to pay attention to / those are the one the player is actually considering attending.

I’m sure he’ll cut those schools down soon enough to ones he’s actually interested in attending.
Go Rhody
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago MSS isn’t even a D-league level player. He will make an OK living overseas.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure--Didn't Watanabe play g league last year
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

McRam wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago MSS isn’t even a D-league level player. He will make an OK living overseas.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Watanabe actually somehow played in NBA games last year.
Go Rhody
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Wantanabe has a different skill set. MSS is an undersized center who can’t do anything outside of 5 feet from the basket.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

Watanabe actually somehow played in NBA games last year.
He played in 16 NBA games last season, 15 NBA games the previous season.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

MSS has a big role in VCU’s lineup. Sold out building every night, strong fan base a lot of TV exposure.

I’m struggling to make sense of the move. VCU seems the perfect fit.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not P5
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

URIRecruitingInfo wrote: 4 years ago
He wouldn’t be a difference maker on any of those teams
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Agree with DC 100%. He's gotta be a smart kid though as the Friars have been quickly eliminated!!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Holy Cross transfer Joe Pridgen tells me he's receiving interest from the following programs:

Loyola-Chicago
Northeastern
James Madison
San Diego
Richmond
Grand Canyon
UIC
Arkansas
Rhode Island

Averaged 17.4 PPG and 6.8 RPG as
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Intriguing. Patriot league rookie of the year. 3 years guaranteed. 42% 3pt (12 of 28)

This new transfer rule is going to make this process wide open. Getting not only players who fall off rosters of P5 schools, but also cherry picking the very best players from the rosters of the teams below us.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Intriguing. Patriot league rookie of the year. 3 years guaranteed. 42% 3pt (12 of 28)

This new transfer rule is going to make this process wide open. Getting not only players who fall off rosters of P5 schools, but also cherry picking the very best players from the rosters of the teams below us.
He has good percentages from the field but only 58% from the line.........strange.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

URIRecruitingInfo wrote: 4 years ago
This list is what is wrong with the people whispering in this kid’s ear - none of those b-ball programs are better than VCU (except a couple which he will never see the floor at). Enjoy all that exposure you get at Ole Miss (name last player you can think of not named Eli Manning from that place) or Penn State which has had a good year but again no real notoriety. Just poor decision. When Jacob left I respected the Kentucky choice. You leave a top 50 midmajor for top 5 program.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
That tweet made my head hurt. What is he saying?
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
The rule is likely to pass. They thought about delaying, so that more athletes could take advantage of it - I'm guessing they mean the fall athletes - but changed their minds.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

SGreenwell wrote: 4 years ago
The rule is likely to pass. They thought about delaying, so that more athletes could take advantage of it - I'm guessing they mean the fall athletes - but changed their minds.
He’s clearly missing a crucial word or two in his tweet though, right?
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Intriguing. Patriot league rookie of the year. 3 years guaranteed. 42% 3pt (12 of 28)

He has good percentages from the field but only 58% from the line.........strange.

Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

yes, he means to say the transfer rule will happen, but the way he wrote the post, it actually says the delay will happen and then not happen in that second sentence. He refers to the subject of the first sentence, which is the delay, but he means to refer to the waiver.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago

Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago

yes, he means to say the transfer rule will happen, but the way he wrote the post, it actually says the delay will happen and then not happen in that second sentence. He refers to the subject of the first sentence, which is the delay, but he means to refer to the waiver.
I thought my thinking cap needed maintenance there for a second
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I don't know, that sounds like BS to me. So a recruiting analyst from 24/7 is on group text chains containing several high-major and mid-major coaches, where high-major coaches (plural) are telling mid-major coaches (plural) to tell their players to leave? I don't know what part of that story sounds more ridiculous.

I can picture it now ...

Dan Hurley (UCONN): "Dave Cox, tell Tyrese Martin to transfer. He can't get what he needs from you. And if you don't tell him to do it I'm gonna drive down to Kingston and give you a knuckle-sandwich."
Brian Snow (24/7): "Oh burn, wait why am I even in this group text?"
Dave Cox (URI): "Shut up Dan. My team was better than yours last year anyways. Oh by the way, Ron Sanchez, tell Malik Martin he can't get what he needs from you and to come to URI."
Brian Snow (24/7): "Oh sweet another burn. Let me go tweet about this."
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago

I thought my thinking cap needed maintenance there for a second
Full speed ahead!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago I don't know, that sounds like BS to me. So a recruiting analyst from 24/7 is on group text chains containing several high-major and mid-major coaches, where high-major coaches (plural) are telling mid-major coaches (plural) to tell their players to leave? I don't know what part of that story sounds more ridiculous.

I can picture it now ...

Dan Hurley (UCONN): "Dave Cox, tell Tyrese Martin to transfer. He can't get what he needs from you. And if you don't tell him to do it I'm gonna drive down to Kingston and give you a knuckle-sandwich."
Dave Cox (URI): "Shut up Dan, you're not my dad. My team was better than yours last year anyways. Oh by the way, Ron Sanchez, tell Malik Martin he can't get what he needs from you and to come to URI."
I read it as high major coaches looking to have mid major coaches tamper with the fringe players on the high major roster. That way they transfer and the high major coach doesn't look like a douche by forcing the player out.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

I didn't take it that way, just because then coaches are telling other coaches to commit NCAA rules violations in a group setting with random recruiting analysts like Brian Snow. If a coach tells their own player to transfer, it's not technically a recruiting violation. I just have a hard time envisioning that in such a group setting which such random people like Brian Snow.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago I don't know, that sounds like BS to me. So a recruiting analyst from 24/7 is on group text chains containing several high-major and mid-major coaches, where high-major coaches (plural) are telling mid-major coaches (plural) to tell their players to leave? I don't know what part of that story sounds more ridiculous.

I can picture it now ...

Dave Cox (URI): "Shut up Dan, you're not my dad. My team was better than yours last year anyways. Oh by the way, Ron Sanchez, tell Malik Martin he can't get what he needs from you and to come to URI."
I read it as high major coaches looking to have mid major coaches tamper with the fringe players on the high major roster. That way they transfer and the high major coach doesn't look like a douche by forcing the player out.
This is exactly what it meant. I’m not sure how rj interpreted it any other way.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I can picture it now ...

This is exactly what it meant. I’m not sure how rj interpreted it any other way.

Yup, 100%.

RJ somehow read it the wrong way.

I don't know how you could possibly read that as high major coaches telling mid major coaches to convince their best players to leave...
Go Rhody
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Yup, 100%.

I don't know how you could possibly read that as high major coaches telling mid major coaches to convince their best players to leave...
lol right, his scenario didn’t even make an ounce of sense.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

I know it didn't sound right, thus my confusion. Re-reading it a 90th time, with better context, it seems to make more sense. I still dont necessarily agree with the fact that coaches would do this so out in the open, with other random coaches and random recruiting analysts involved, but the process at least makes more sense now. Don't mind me.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago I know it didn't sound right, thus my confusion. Re-reading it a 90th time, with better context, it seems to make more sense. I still dont necessarily agree with the fact that coaches would do this so out in the open, with other random coaches and random recruiting analysts involved, but the process at least makes more sense now. Don't mind me.
And then said recruiting analyst goes on twitter and outs them...seems far fetched to me too.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Yup, 100%.

Based on RJ's read, I'd be mad at Cox's network - why the hell didn't Matt Painter call Cox first to have him tamper with Haarms?!?! What the hell! Doesn't Painter know URI needs an immediately eligible big in case this rule passes but is delayed but isn't delayed full speed ahead? /s
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yup, 100%.

Based on RJ's read, I'd be mad at Cox's network - why the hell didn't Matt Painter call Cox first to have him tamper with Haarms?!?! What the hell! Doesn't Painter know URI needs an immediately eligible big in case this rule passes but is delayed but isn't delayed full speed ahead? /s
Harms 7’3” was expected by crystal ball to pick Kentucky but he surprised and picked BYU. No chance for URI in the Harms sweepsteaks.
No Harms, no foul.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I guess coaches can now get a landing spot for the players they want to brizz before they tell them.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

Yup, 100%.

Harms 7’3” was expected by crystal ball to pick Kentucky but he surprised and picked BYU. No chance for URI in the Harms sweepsteaks.
No Harms, no foul.
Guessing you're new to "/s"? It means I was being sarcastic.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

BYU is no joke, watch out.
GO RAMS
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Danger for next year but the following couple years would really be setup nice.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I guess coaches can now get a landing spot for the players they want to brizz before they tell them.
Who want to "Brizz"

That's classic, right there.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Leon Brisport. lol, forever immortalized for what he did, 20 years later. Who would have thought it?

Leon Brisport, we hardly knew ye
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I loved watching Kier at GM. Seems like a fantastic kid. Hope he kills it at Georgia.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

So, just thinking out loud here. What if the NCAA decides to approve the a one time no sit transfer, but only for people who enter the portal after the rule change? There would be a crazy amount of chaos.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago So, just thinking out loud here. What if the NCAA decides to approve the a one time no sit transfer, but only for people who enter the portal after the rule change? There would be a crazy amount of chaos.
I would love that kinda craziness. Never gonna happen tho....
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago So, just thinking out loud here. What if the NCAA decides to approve the a one time no sit transfer, but only for people who enter the portal after the rule change? There would be a crazy amount of chaos.
I would love that kinda craziness. Never gonna happen tho....
Never underestimate the NCAA....
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

I don't want to jinx it, but I assume the NCAA thrives on chaos, like Petyr Baelish.
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Santos Silva to Texas Tech
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Interesting going to play for a great coach in Beard
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Anyone wanna take a crack at translating this into English?