The 2021 Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: The 2020 Coaching Carousel

Unread post by Obadiah »

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago Iona is in the Bronx....just ruminating
Iona is in New Rochelle.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago
Odd timing. Wonder what the story behind it is.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’s not getting any talent to come in. WF is becoming the Fordham of the ACC.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago He’s not getting any talent to come in. WF is becoming the Fordham of the ACC.
Should have never fired Dino Gaudio.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Been very little turnover with the virus going around maybe this firing starts some movement??
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago
Yep...3 years at WF, 2 ncaat appearances there, and they fired him, seems like it was a mistake to fire him.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

daytonflyerfan wrote: 4 years ago
Yep...3 years at WF, 2 ncaat appearances there, and they fired him, seems like it was a mistake to fire him.
He had them ranked number one in the country.
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Were there some off-the-court problems with some players under Dino? I seem to be reading that there were.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2020/4/25 ... ing-search

Aminu shot his girlfriend in the face with a BB gun. Several players ran a train on another teammates girlfriend. Players were in fights regularly. DUI’s and possession of illegal substances. These are not Wake qualities, these are similar to UNC player rap sheets. One could argue, we already ran a trial of the Pitino system.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Were there some off-the-court problems with some players under Dino? I seem to be reading that there were.

Aminu shot his girlfriend in the face with a BB gun. Several players ran a train on another teammates girlfriend. Players were in fights regularly. DUI’s and possession of illegal substances. These are not Wake qualities, these are similar to UNC player rap sheets. One could argue, we already ran a trial of the Pitino system.

Lol wowwww
Rhody78
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody78 »

My son was on that WF Team this is absolutely fake news what/where are your sources!! There was a minor bb gun incident where a window was shot before Aminu got to Wake, that's it(no charges).

I wish people like you could be taken to court for libel/slander TOTAL BS!!!! PEOPLE NEED TO STOP THE MADNESS.

I don't want a response from you I want you to go away if you can't name your sources keep you opinions, and that is what they are without sources, to yourself. YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU DISGUST ME!!!

If you have a better source then someone on the team who was there let me know!

Moderator can we block this JERK!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Check your facts on Aminu shooting his girlfriend in the face. Show your source.

The incident was in High School, not at Wake Forest, and he was riding in a car with two friends when it happened. One friend went on to play football at Miami. The bb hit a girl in the stomach as she was walking. You can do the research, I’ll not do it for you.

Show where you read that he shot his girlfriend in the face. I’ve never, ever heard of this.

Hell of a statement you are making here so show the back up please.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Lol wowwww
Aminu never did this. Show proof Daytonflyerfan.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

To actually do some research here... The incident seemed to involve him and two friends shooting at a woman in her 30s with a BB gun in March 2008. He pleaded no contest, and received about three years worth of probation and 120 hours of community service. Both pre-dated his time at Wake.

The other stuff mentioned by DFF seems to be him sloppily quoting some random comment on the article he linked. As far as I can tell, there's no support for any of it on a legitimate third-party site. (i.e. An ESPN.com article about a DUI arrest.)
Rhody78
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody78 »

Like I said before, I am not saying a BB gun incident didn't happen but the description of the incident is obviously not accurate. The following quote is total fabrication "Several players ran a train on another teammates girlfriend. Players were in fights regularly. DUI’s and possession of illegal substances"

I would like the moderator to remove this from the forum and block daytonflyerfan!!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Rhody78 wrote: 4 years ago Like I said before, I am not saying a BB gun incident didn't happen but the description of the incident is obviously not accurate. The following quote is total fabrication "Several players ran a train on another teammates girlfriend. Players were in fights regularly. DUI’s and possession of illegal substances"

I would like the moderator to remove this from the forum and block daytonflyerfan!!
Relax buddy, that's not how discussions happen.

Good thing you're not a moderator!

There's no reason to go straight to ALL CAPS yelling at a guy. Just ask the guy where he sourced the info and explain how you know otherwise. If you read the board with regularity, you know DFF is a reasonable poster and we're not reporters, we get to post stuff we "heard." So, back it up, calm it down and start over. I'll help you out...

daytonflyerfan, where did you come by that info about WF? There is another forum member that has sources which refute your written accounts.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Yeah you may disagree and the post may be off touch with Daytonflyfan. May not be accurate. But daytonflyerfan. Usually brings a level headed approach to most posts and is extremely nice and dont think one posts defines him on this board. He has more history of being a genuine nice A10 poster then not.
Rhody78
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody78 »

First can we agree his depiction of the BB gun incident was incorrect and was very easy to refute in many articles. I believe the other part of his comments are totally out of left field and we will see no sources. I also was annoyed since my son was on the team, and I don't believe people have the right to make up stuff and post on boards questioning individuals character people should be held accountable for what they say. I think if it was others posters son that people were saying things about they would be just as upset. There needs to be consequences for false unproven statements. I believe daytonflyerfan MUST GO from this board!!!! The integrity of the board is at stake!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

His history of being a good poster does not excuse him for saying Aminu shot his girlfriend in the face with a BB gun
That is a hell of an accusation to make without any proof or documentary support.

So please show the support, that’s all I’m asking. Or remove the statement - Daytonflyerfan can modify and/or remove his comments about Al-Farouq Aminu.

If Daytonflyerfan does not modify then moderators should remove the comment about him shooting his girlfriend in the face because it’s simply not true.
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

...and this year’s Oscar goes to....
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago ...and this year’s Oscar goes to....
What’s this supposed to mean?
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So it’s ok and “a yawn” response for a poster, not even from this board, to say a professional NBA player shot his girlfriend in the face with a BB gun which is absolutely not true.

We say family and friends of family read this board yet a poster can post an untrue comment that gets a “yawn”.

So it’s ok as long as the player is not on our team? Ultimate in hypocrisy.

This is flat out wrong and dishonest. The post needs to be corrected or taken down. It cannot stand.
Rhody78
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody78 »

FREE WAKE FOREST THE ENTIRE POST NEEDS TO BE REMOVED ITS WAS A TOTAL FABRICATION. I would suspend the poster for a month let him post on the Flyer board the Rhody board is better then that! daytonflyfan go post on your own board and get off ours we don't need or want people like you on this board!!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Rhody78 wrote: 4 years ago First can we agree his depiction of the BB gun incident was incorrect and was very easy to refute in many articles. I believe the other part of his comments are totally out of left field and we will see no sources. I also was annoyed since my son was on the team, and I don't believe people have the right to make up stuff and post on boards questioning individuals character people should be held accountable for what they say. I think if it was others posters son that people were saying things about they would be just as upset. There needs to be consequences for false unproven statements. I believe daytonflyerfan MUST GO from this board!!!! The integrity of the board is at stake!!!
Rhody78 wrote: 4 years ago FREE WAKE FOREST THE ENTIRE POST NEEDS TO BE REMOVED ITS WAS A TOTAL FABRICATION. I would suspend the poster for a month let him post on the Flyer board the Rhody board is better then that! daytonflyfan go post on your own board and get off ours we don't need or want people like you on this board!!
I get defending your son and all, but your over-reaction is the embarrassment here.

I vote you must go and DFF must stay. If I put it in all caps it might get some traction.
Go Rhody!!!
Rhody78
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody78 »

So it is now okay to post attacks on people's character on this board with no repercussions. I don't think Rhodynation would agree with you!!! I am proud to be a Rhody Grad and the integrity that it stands for!! I think majority on this board would disagree with you!!!

I say false/lies need to stop hear. I have not heard one person say on this board say that what daytonflyfan wrote was truthful in fact we have articles indicated it was not.

Let him go post on the Dayton board!!! We don't need or want liars like him on this board!!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

I agree with Running Ram - DFF has been a solid contributor here for a while now. We all need to just calm down. He didn't make anything up; he took comments from someone on a SB Nation post. DFF isn't a journalist and this isn't the NY Times, no need to hold him to some high standard of needing a bunch of sources. This is a message board where conjecture is the norm. Sure it was sloppy but didn't require this type of reaction.

Ramster, remember a while back when you stated that the NCAA created the NET in secrecy and didn't consult with KenPom, Sagarin, et al when a simple google search disproved that quickly? Should we chase you away and ban you for "making things" up? Let's stop with the witch hunt and calling others hypocrites when nobody really is in a position to cast stones.

We're all friends here.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Thank you RhodyKyle.

it's a forum, a message board. DFF is a solid contributor and has always been rational in discussions, so it stands to reason, if one is rational in response, actual discourse can happen without some blind witch-huntery.
Go Rhody!!!
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Rhody78 wrote: 4 years ago Like I said before, I am not saying a BB gun incident didn't happen but the description of the incident is obviously not accurate. The following quote is total fabrication "Several players ran a train on another teammates girlfriend. Players were in fights regularly. DUI’s and possession of illegal substances"

It seems that your description of the bb gun incident seriously downplayed what actually happened assuming there was only one incident. I am not saying any of these other things happened. Is it possible some things could have happened without your knowing about it? I understand wanting to protect your child but if anyone is being libeled there are legal remedies available to them. Most of us do not believe everything we read so try not to stress out about it. Also, if there were some knuckleheads on that team it does not mean that your son was one of them.
Last edited by DeanDome88 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

I did not write the post, it was a straight copy and paste from a comment from the the link that I posted. Obviously it sounds like the comment was false. Click on the link, the comment is about 1/2 way down the comments section. I am sorry that some people got offended by what some other person wrote. I had no idea if the post was true or not. I did not think copying and pasting another person's comment was against the forum rules. I would like not be banned because of that.

Here is a response another poster wrote in response to the original comment:

As time goes by, the stories get more and more offensive. IF those things are true, (and I do not think they are) then something should have been done about it at that time. It would have hurt, but I could have respected that response. But what we have is people with no facts and no proof parroting things they were told by Ron Wellman. Most of us remember the mind blowing level of dishonesty displayed by that man. Ron Wellman’s lack of integrity was THE biggest problem with Wake athletics for at least a decade. I can certainly believe that Ron Wellman would organize a cover-up of such activities, but if that’s so, how did he keep his job? Was Nathan Hatch part of that cover-up? Maybe I’m just naive, but I used think that integrity was a key attribute at Wake. If what you say about the cover-up organized for Dino’s players is true, then Wellman and Hatch should have been fired at the same time as Dino. Or is a disturbing lack of integrity an actual "Wake quality" in your eyes?
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

I literally can't believe people are trying to ban him for that.

What???

Not even close to the worst thing said here.

What the actual hell is happening.
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Another comment was just posted to the comment that I posted:

Which is more likely...
Which is more likely, a huge, multi-year cover-up that included Wellman and Hatch or that Ron Wellman was spouting lies about Dino and his players after the fact to cover for his own incompetence? Occam’s razor…?
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago I literally can't believe people are trying to ban him for that.

What???

I agree. Daytonflyerfan has been a good poster and for some people that have no direct involvement to act so sensitive is a joke. I don’t think Daytonflyerfan set out to personally attack anyone.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago I literally can't believe people are trying to ban him for that.

What???

I agree. Daytonflyerfan has been a good poster and for some people that have no direct involvement to act so sensitive is a joke. I don’t think Daytonflyerfan set out to personally attack anyone.
See if it were UMassMinutemenFan or PCFriarsFan or VCUYellowRamFan I may be okay with banishing them.

We ain't got beef with Dayton people though.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago

What???

See if it were UMassMinutemenFan or PCFriarsFan or VCUYellowRamFan I may be okay with banishing them.

We ain't got beef with Dayton people though.
Daytonflyerfan has brought good facts to the board. I enjoyed back and fourth with him on the scheduling. He had no ill will. Agree on VCU, PC and Umass-lol
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

While I agree DFF should not be banned, it should be a warning that we shouldn’t copy and paste rumor without at least verifying it or labeling it as such. We’ve all made mistakes here, including me.
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

If you don’t put quotes or reference where you got the material it looks like it is coming from you.

You now say you were just copying and pasting. Your words are your words. You did not use quotes.

I know Aminu, I know his older brother and his family. He never shot his girlfriend in the face with a BB gun.
This is blatant misinformation.
It is character defamation
It never happened
You are flat out wrong.
People would be through the roof if this was said about a URI Alum and the Dayton Board would be through the roof if it was said about a Dayton Player or Alum

It doesn’t make it ok to say a totally untrue statement about a Wake Forest former player.
Rhody78
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody78 »

Well said never mind the rest of the team!! It's not okay if you are cutting and pasting use quotes like ramster said or it looks like it came from you. I can see daytonflyfan regrets his post just remove it and that would be enough for me!! Lesson Learned!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago I agree with Running Ram - DFF has been a solid contributor here for a while now. We all need to just calm down. He didn't make anything up; he took comments from someone on a SB Nation post. DFF isn't a journalist and this isn't the NY Times, no need to hold him to some high standard of needing a bunch of sources. This is a message board where conjecture is the norm. Sure it was sloppy but didn't require this type of reaction.

Ramster, remember a while back when you stated that the NCAA created the NET in secrecy and didn't consult with KenPom, Sagarin, et al when a simple google search disproved that quickly? Should we chase you away and ban you for "making things" up? Let's stop with the witch hunt and calling others hypocrites when nobody really is in a position to cast stones.

We're all friends here.
Saying a Former Wake Forest Player and Current NBA Player shot his girlfriend in the face with a BB Gun is wrong. It never happened.
The statement was Daytonflyers own words. No quotation was referenced.
The words should be removed. He owns the words and should remove them.
It is slander.

Ban me for comments about the NET if that makes you feel better.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody78 wrote: 4 years ago Well said never mind the rest of the team!! It's not okay if you are cutting and pasting use quotes like ramster said or it looks like it came from you. I can see daytonflyfan regrets his post just remove it and that would be enough for me!! Lesson Learned!!
I agree. Remove the statement about Aminu and I’m good.
You did not reference in quotes. It looked like your own personal comments.
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Fair enough, next time I will make it very clear when I am copying and pasting someone else's words. I am sorry for the problems.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Thank you
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

This is a joke right?

I hope you guys that jumped down DFF's gullet realize that his gentle response to you only proves that you a little bit over-reacted.

Witch hunts are not cool and demanding in all capitol letters that a member be banned without any kind of rational discourse is not cool. That is what offends me in this recent mucking up of this particular thread.

I've been offended I deserve an apology :P
Go Rhody!!!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago This is a joke right?

I hope you guys that jumped down DFF's gullet realize that his gentle response to you only proves that you a little bit over-reacted.

Witch hunts are not cool and demanding in all capitol letters that a member be banned without any kind of rational discourse is not cool. That is what offends me in this recent mucking up of this particular thread.

I've been offended I deserve an apology :P
The irony within this entire page is UNMATCHED.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'm waiting for Mike Powell's dad to chime in.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Jeez...
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Now back to that 2020 Coaching Carousel.

SMH: I want this last five minutes back.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

6D17001D-5EAA-48EE-BF9D-7156B4043589.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Austin Carroll's contract expires on April 30, any chance we put another 75K in his pot and make a meaningful move?
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

No. Not in this current economic crisis and covid-19 pandemic.