Friar Board with RHODY subject

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
woodennickel1
ARD

Re: Friar Board with RHODY subject

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Go talk about our recruiting class now....
Remember, they're saying that Cooley said no to the twins (not the other way around), so they're going to call us desperate. While I know there are some very obvious exceptions (RJ, woodennickel), the PC fandom as a whole are uneducated boobs who don't know that college basketball exists outside of the Big East.
I don't really know if Cooley said no to them but may have told them he has three kids sitting out that they will compete with. May not have liked the odds of both of then getting a lot of minutes. . I can definitely understand that if it was the case. Uri definitely seems like a better fit for them.

From what Mrs Mitchell said they may have got early word they had a good shot at the transfer from LaSalle also and that seemed like a better fit for them.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I bet the Mitchell twins saw that URI had the opening spots for immediate playing time as well as Cox having ties to DMV so they thought that’s their best fit ??
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

woodennickel1 wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Go talk about our recruiting class now....
Remember, they're saying that Cooley said no to the twins (not the other way around), so they're going to call us desperate. While I know there are some very obvious exceptions (RJ, woodennickel), the PC fandom as a whole are uneducated boobs who don't know that college basketball exists outside of the Big East.
I don't really know if Cooley said no to them but may have told them he has three kids sitting out that they will compete with. May not have liked the odds of both of then getting a lot of minutes. . I can definitely understand that if it was the case. Uri definitely seems like a better fit for them.

From what Mrs Mitchell said they may have got early word they had a good shot at the transfer from LaSalle also and that seemed like a better fit for them.
My mistake then. I heard from PC fans that she was looking for guaranteed minutes for both kids and Cooley said no and that was it.
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

woodennickel1 wrote: 4 years ago

My mistake then. I heard from PC fans that she was looking for guaranteed minutes for both kids and Cooley said no and that was it.
You could be right I was just speculating. I don't really know for sure what happened when they visited PC.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Maybe its due to the shut down of their season, but PC fans are exceptionally negative and very aggressive on twitter these days. Anything that has to do with URI will be commented on by a friar fan, its almost funny but also sad.
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Maybe its due to the shut down of their season, but PC fans are exceptionally negative and very aggressive on twitter these days. Anything that has to do with URI will be commented on by a friar fan, its almost funny but also sad.
I finally blocked that two troll accounts, one account was named Daniels and then the other account with Keno Davis as the avatar.

Those two people live sad sad pathetic lives.
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

@dhoopster07 is the worst guy. There's one other dude I can't remember too. Not really vile, just stupid trolls and making comments not even close to factual. I usually respond with something like, "Another day, another PC troll proving yet again that URI is more important to them than they care to admit" or "URI living rent free in the PC trolls heads"
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Maybe its due to the shut down of their season, but PC fans are exceptionally negative and very aggressive on twitter these days. Anything that has to do with URI will be commented on by a friar fan, its almost funny but also sad.
I finally blocked that two troll accounts, one account was named Daniels and then the other account with Keno Davis as the avatar.

Both accounts were mostly dark until after URI beat PC this year, too. I'm not sure what the deal is but that loss clearly set these folks over the edge.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

There a few others too.
GO RAMS
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Also some creepy JoshInho or something like that...but I am starting to think he may really be intellectually limited, perhaps.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago

Both accounts were mostly dark until after URI beat PC this year, too. I'm not sure what the deal is but that loss clearly set these folks over the edge.
I'm not sure they aren't the same person. A very sad and lonely person trying to pretend he has friends online for those highly coveted internet points.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago

Also some creepy JoshInho or something like that...but I am starting to think he may really be intellectually limited, perhaps.
Worse part about that dude - he played soccer for URI and is alumni. SMDH
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Oh the irony with Friar fans...we are little brother yet....

1.) They have a number of people on twitter who literally troll every single bit of news about URI, whether its put out by Rothstein, Koch or anyone else. It does not fail, look at any recent news piece and you will find numerous PC clowns commenting. There is almost zero correlation to URI fans doing the same. So who is obsessed with who here?

2.) On their board good ole Sean likes to take rips at folks here who have voiced frustration with Dan (the infamous Baron 2.0 thread) or with Cox during this year's meltdown...while ignoring the numerous threads and numerous posters there who wanted to throw Cooley off the bus this year when the team was tanking in Nov/Dec. One of their loudest posters, the moronic Darth, takes pot shots at Cooley daily.

3.) With all their built in advantages from conference affiliation, to facilities, to TV contracts they have 1 more NCAA win than Bryant does in this century. 1. Yep, just 1. They say they are in another stratosphere than we are, what stratosphere is that Planet Shitsville. The big dogs of their league left for greener pastures, they have their CFL and homegrown hero, and they have 1 NCAA win in 20 years. If it were me I probably wouldn't beat my chest, but hey that's just me.
Last edited by bigappleram 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago

And I thought he was intellectually disabled 😂
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Maybe we have Rhody fans who are sphincters who troll the friars on the internet ?
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
steviep123
Sly Williams

steveyd121 is the other PC Troll. Bill Koch had a good article on twitter, and of course this nitwit within minutes has to post some disparaging remark.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

Don't forget about dhoopster07
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Friar Board with Thread on RHODY - tough crowd

Unread post by McRam »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago Fatts wouldn't just start, he'd be their best player since Kris Dunn and it's not particularly close, but whatever they say
😂 😂 😂

I’m not a Fatts guy so I’m not the person to talk to about that subject.

For the most part I see inefficient volume shooter who I’m unsure of how he’ll play with less proven weapons when you factor in the loss of Dowtin, Martin, and Langevine.

If Russell is trying to win games by consistently shooting 15+ times next season, URI is probably at best winning 16-17 games. He’s probably going to see a lot of defensive attention which would mean forcing even more bad shots.

His entire career he's pretty much been a guy who will get hot and win some big games, but then go on extended runs of poor play, at least offensively.

Please tell me if is his fault if the high post pick doesn't work, are the players positioned for the next pass? Or he is forced to throw up acrobatic shots.
This shortcoming is on the coaching staff.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Jeff was a leader on the floor, directing players where to go on their sets.

Not sure Fatts is very good at that when he's at the point. I hope Leggett can be a leader like Dowtin. Or our half court issues will continue.

Our players should be better at recognizing what to do when plays are called, instead of standing around not knowing what to do.

I would put more of the blame on the players than on Cox and the staff, on this subject.

Cox has shown he knows how to run a half court offense, but he needs players that know how [or can learn how] to run his system.

High BB IQ has not been a strong point of URI BB teams very often over quite a few years, unfortunately.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I’d like to buy Pee-C for what it’s worth and sell it for what the Fryah Faih-weathah Faithful think it’s worth.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago @dhoopster07 is the worst guy. There's one other dude I can't remember too. Not really vile, just stupid trolls and making comments not even close to factual. I usually respond with something like, "Another day, another PC troll proving yet again that URI is more important to them than they care to admit" or "URI living rent free in the PC trolls heads"
Again chin strap beard losers who probably wear stained white tshirts every day and drive 2002 Nissan Altimas. The typical Friar fan profile for ones who didn’t go to school there.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I cannot stand that incompetent chode. I actually met him at homecoming and he is SO vile on Twitter.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

I cannot stand that incompetent chode. I actually met him at homecoming and he is SO vile on Twitter.
They are literally harassing Mrs. Mitchell on Twitter. She posted something about it yesterday.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

They are literally harassing Mrs. Mitchell on Twitter. She posted something about it yesterday.
I saw that. I bet she’s glad her sons went elsewhere
Bleed Keaney Blue!

bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Safe to say there is no pandemic of self awareness in Friar town.
Narr9999
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Narr9999 »

Who cares about the ass PC fans. Most of them have no clue about basketball and just go because their father gets them tickets. They are idiots and as waste of space
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Let’s let this thread die, please.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund