The Last Home Loss

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Joe95
ARD

The Last Home Loss

Unread post by Joe95 »

The last time we lost at home before yesterdays game sparked a 10 game win streak. Let's see if this lights a fire under the team to end the season on another run, like the '16-'17 squad.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: The Last Home Loss

Unread post by Obadiah »

This URI team is toast. It doesn't have the talent or the character for a late run.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago This URI team is toast. It doesn't have the talent or the character for a late run.
That's the spirit!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I partially agree with Obie. They’re likely toast. The sad thing is that I do think they actually have the talent. I’ve wrote them off already this year and last year, and both times they responded unexpectedly well to adversity, but I’m afraid we used up those bullets already in January.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago This URI team is toast. It doesn't have the talent or the character for a late run.
Gotta to keep the faith, Jeff and Cyril are going to do everything in their power to win their last ever game at the Ryan Center. Let's go out with a BANG!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Joe95 wrote: 4 years ago
Gotta to keep the faith, Jeff and Cyril are going to do everything in their power to win their last ever game at the Ryan Center. Let's go out with a BANG!
💙💙💙
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Both guys are injured. They aren’t the same players
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago
Both guys are injured. They aren’t the same players
Have to agree with RamStock here...which sucks because Jeff and Cyril have meant so much to this program.

With them both banged up we would need Fatts (to snap out of his shooting slump) and Tyrese (Have a better game then he did vs Fordham) to put up 25-30 pts each vs Dayton. Would alos need others (Toppin, Mekhi, etc) to contribute with 10+ pts. I just don't see it, and I'm usually a big optimist
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

You are right that both Russell and Martin need huge games vs. Dayton, but do you have that right? Didn't Martin have a double double before halftime, finishing up with something like 25 and 16 vs. Fordham?
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I don’t think he was disparaging Martin’s game against Fordham. To the contrary, he was inferring he will have to play even better than that to help get a victory on Wednesday. That’s how I interpreted it.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

thanks...I did interpret it negatively, instead of an even better game....I can see it being interpreted either way.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”