2019-20 Bracketology

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Joe95
ARD

Re: 2019-20 Bracketology

Unread post by Joe95 »

VCU is finished, after the Jenkins news dropping today. I would love to be matched up with this team in Brooklyn, they're in shambles rn.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

As I've said many times, if we and PC end up with around the same NET, guess which team is going? (No answer needed)
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Am I missing something? Did we lose to Fordham? The way people are posting it’s as if we did. We are in the tournament right now. Fuck PC and what seed they are. We hold our destiny. Have some faith.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Will be great if PC wins we have another team projected in the Dance. Just sucks they can’t make it to 30 in the NET to get us a q1.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago As I've said many times, if we and PC end up with around the same NET, guess which team is going? (No answer needed)
I don’t understand this idea that it’s one or the other, with respect to PC or any other bubble team. People act like it’s 30 bubble teams competing for one bubble spot. It’s not. It’s 30 bubble teams competing for about 18 spots. All we need to worry about is us. And be realistic about what we need to do - I see a lot of silly and unrealistic suggestions about what that is. URI would have to play its way out of the field at this point.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

How the hell can people cheer for PC at this point? They’re a couple spots below us before beating Villanova, probably will jump us in Monday.

PC is direct competition for a bid right now.
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago How the hell can people cheer for PC at this point? They’re a couple spots below us before beating Villanova, probably will jump us in Monday.

Wrong. pc is about 9 spots below us and with VCU crapping the bed, we need pc, unfortunately, to give us a boost.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago How the hell can people cheer for PC at this point? They’re a couple spots below us before beating Villanova, probably will jump us in Monday.

We need wins against tournament teams. Our best win just got better. It is possible that URI and PC can BOTH get a bid.

Beat St. Louis. We hold our destiny.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PC will either pass us or will be side by side with us on the next Bracket matrix that comes out they have 8 Q1 wins now
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

At this point, I’ll be surprised if we’re ahead of them on any bracket come Monday, 8 Q1 wins.
Go Rhody
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago At this point, I’ll be surprised if we’re ahead of them on any bracket come Monday, 8 Q1 wins.
Correct and no way we Jump them again unless we beat Dayton on Wednesday night. PC imo is a lock for the tourney now.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Joe95 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago At this point, I’ll be surprised if we’re ahead of them on any bracket come Monday, 8 Q1 wins.
Correct and no way we Jump them again unless we beat Dayton on Wednesday night. PC imo is a lock for the tourney now.
Who cares? I worry about one team only. And that team is also in the tourney as of today.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Who cares? I worry about one team only. And that team is also in the tourney as of today.

I certainly care about a bubble team jumping us, probably for good, and pushing us down a spot.
Go Rhody
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Yeah I hate PC as much as anyone and it kills me to say this but given where we are I think we need them to keep winning....My ideal season is always PC missing the tournament while we make it but they likely punched their ticket today unless they lose 3 in a row.

PC came in to today with a NET of 50 and Alabama has a NET of 39 - I am not sure how much movement there will be this late in the season but I wonder if either can make it to 30 for a Q1 win

One thing is for sure we will all feel a little better with a W tomorrow
Clapton is God
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

I certainly care about a bubble team jumping us, probably for good, and pushing us down a spot.
So how high do they jump? Do they also jump over Rutgers, Xavier and Indiana into a 9 seed?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

So how high do they jump? Do they also jump over Rutgers, Xavier and Indiana into a 9 seed?
Are we a 9 seed? No we’re not.

Let’s wait until Monday, but I can almost guarantee you they will be above us on the majority of brackets.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

gorhody89 wrote: 4 years ago Yeah I hate PC as much as anyone and it kills me to say this but given where we are I think we need them to keep winning....My ideal season is always PC missing the tournament while we make it but they likely punched their ticket today unless they lose 3 in a row.

PC came in to today with a NET of 50 and Alabama has a NET of 39 - I am not sure how much movement there will be this late in the season but I wonder if either can make it to 30 for a Q1 win

One thing is for sure we will all feel a little better with a W tomorrow
Rhody is in until they play themselves out. If the rest of America won out the rest of the year...it won't matter. Only matters what we do.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

They have more Q1 wins than we have Q1 and Q2 combined.
Go Rhody
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

I said it a few weeks ago and it’s looking like we may get that 2nd uri/pee Cee game after all.
Will the state be able to handle that. Crazy

I know the ncaa doesn’t try to pair teams that already played but it’s the last 4 in so they may not have a choice.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Why does anyone care about PC? Not saying there wouldn’t be a little bit of joy for me if PC’s season were a failure, but at the end of the day I find it almost impossible to find the energy to care about PC. Their success doesn’t bother me; I care about URI. If URI makes the tournament I’ll be happy, if they don’t I’ll be upset. PC winning doesn’t change that and if anything their success helps us by virtue of our win against them. Don’t be obsessed with PC; it’s a bad look and it makes no sense.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I remember a lot of us (me included) didn’t really consider / acknowledge PC making the tournament when they were in the play in game.

Would that be the same train of thought if it’s us in the play in game this time?
Go Rhody
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Who cares?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago I remember a lot of us (me included) didn’t really consider / acknowledge PC making the tournament when they were in the play in game.

Would that be the same train of thought if it’s us in the play in game this time?
Play in game is still $250K a year for 6 years.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I don’t. I know that if we win we remain in so I could give a shit about other bubble teams.

PC could of lost 10 in a row. A loss tomorrow still means we are out. Another team would jump us.

This board is so obsessed about PC....Who gives a fuck about PC!!!!

JUST WIN!!!
Last edited by steveystuds06 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote: 4 years agoWho cares?
Rhody15
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago I remember a lot of us (me included) didn’t really consider / acknowledge PC making the tournament when they were in the play in game.

Play in game is still $250K a year for 6 years.

That didn’t answer the question whatsoever but alright.
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

More than half of the people who voted in the poll of who is the biggest regular season game, picked PC.

So obviously I’m not the only one who cares.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago More than half of the people who voted in the poll of who is the biggest regular season game, picked PC.

And now that we beat them and they are winning...it's an even bigger game. Good for us!
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago More than half of the people who voted in the poll of who is the biggest regular season game, picked PC.

Is our Nitwit boy Rhody15 actually a pc fan! :lol:

GO RHODY!
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

PC now probably only needs to win 2 of its next 3 to be in, so I don’t think anyone needs to worry about this anymore. If they beat Xavier and DePaul at home this week, they’re in. They won’t even need to win a BE tournament game.
Like it or not, the fact remains that the A 10 doesn’t have the cache of the BE. That being said, Rhody still controls its destiny, which is all you can ask for come March 1.
Captain Obvious states all of this hinges on the health of Cyril and Jeff.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Jerry Palm is a joke, but would this be too much to take in terms of our opponent. A death match

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... cketology/
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago Jerry Palm is a joke, but would this be too much to take in terms of our opponent. A death match

This was before today’s games.
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Florida getting boated by Tenn so I guess we should move up in the brackets tomorrow? lol.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Why does anyone care about PC? Not saying there wouldn’t be a little bit of joy for me if PC’s season were a failure, but at the end of the day I find it almost impossible to find the energy to care about PC. Their success doesn’t bother me; I care about URI. If URI makes the tournament I’ll be happy, if they don’t I’ll be upset. PC winning doesn’t change that and if anything their success helps us by virtue of our win against them. Don’t be obsessed with PC; it’s a bad look and it makes no sense.
Bingo!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Florida loses!!!! Should move down to the 9 seed line with that bad loss. Baylor and FSU also lost. It's not just who wins but who loses as well.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago Jerry Palm is a joke, but would this be too much to take in terms of our opponent. A death match

I obviously get that. It was the matchup that would set this state upside down. PC will have a bye at this point. Ahead of URI going into tomorrow’s game
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Why does anyone care about PC? Not saying there wouldn’t be a little bit of joy for me if PC’s season were a failure, but at the end of the day I find it almost impossible to find the energy to care about PC. Their success doesn’t bother me; I care about URI. If URI makes the tournament I’ll be happy, if they don’t I’ll be upset. PC winning doesn’t change that and if anything their success helps us by virtue of our win against them. Don’t be obsessed with PC; it’s a bad look and it makes no sense.
Bingo!
I think it is because the worst scenario on earth is PC who was dead making it and URI not making it when they have been in discussion for a long time. Absolute fear that many of us feel
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago

I obviously get that. It was the matchup that would set this state upside down. PC will have a bye at this point. Ahead of URI going into tomorrow’s game
Huh? We already have a bye.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
Bingo!
I think it is because the worst scenario on earth is PC who was dead making it and URI not making it when they have been in discussion for a long time. Absolute fear that many of us feel
Fear not, until/unless we lose.
Wednesday's W will definitely be a court-stormer, right?
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

We aren’t guaranteed bye. It all depends on what happens with bubble teams. The point of it was just to say can you imagine a URI vs PC matchup
theblueram
Frank Keaney

We aren’t guaranteed bye. It all depends on what happens with bubble teams. The point of it was just to say can you imagine a URI vs PC matchup
Would love a URI-pc matchup. Better if it's in the Elite 8.
class of 86
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by class of 86 »

Don't obsess over pc....for what it's worth..I watched the last two pc games and fox tv was always ready to point out friars four quad four losses and the loss to st John's and x in the middle of this streak.....also Cookeys tournament record at Fairfield too.Pc shot 36 % fg in their win over the hall....40 in butler.They finally found a way to make there shooting woes win for them..Notice the scoring today...pipkin and white scored 42 of their 58 ......Nova played like they didn't care.......friars are hot and if the committee doesn't like streaky teams than here's your team to toss out....of course anything can happen.The big East is canibaliizing each other....butler in a free fall too......if x or DePaul gets lucky????According to the ncaa web page they look at team resumes with the games jumbled in order....and no game dates listed on them....they like consistency......
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Marquette, second to last 7 seed lost and should be on the 8 seed line now. Teams win, and teams lose.
class of 86
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by class of 86 »

St Joe' beat fordham.......anyone have problems getting tix??.....makes me wonder if Wednesday game without Cyril and dowtin was necessary or a calculated risk by Cox to test his team.....especially since Cyril says he absolutely will play sunday
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

class of 86 wrote: 4 years ago Don't obsess over pc....for what it's worth..I watched the last two pc games and fox tv was always ready to point out friars four quad four losses and the loss to st John's and x in the middle of this streak.....also Cookeys tournament record at Fairfield too.Pc shot 36 % fg in their win over the hall....40 in butler.They finally found a way to make there shooting woes win for them..Notice the scoring today...pipkin and white scored 42 of their 58 ......Nova played like they didn't care.......friars are hot and if the committee doesn't like streaky teams than here's your team to toss out....of course anything can happen.The big East is canibaliizing each other....butler in a free fall too......if x or DePaul gets lucky????According to the ncaa web page they look at team resumes with the games jumbled in order....and no game dates listed on them....they like consistency......
If PC wins 2 more they are a stone cold lock without a play-in game. You can flip and flop whatever you want, but wins are wins, PC has bad losses, but plenty of quality wins to offset. PC can thank their BE peers for playing strong in the OOC.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago
class of 86 wrote: 4 years ago Don't obsess over pc....for what it's worth..I watched the last two pc games and fox tv was always ready to point out friars four quad four losses and the loss to st John's and x in the middle of this streak.....also Cookeys tournament record at Fairfield too.Pc shot 36 % fg in their win over the hall....40 in butler.They finally found a way to make there shooting woes win for them..Notice the scoring today...pipkin and white scored 42 of their 58 ......Nova played like they didn't care.......friars are hot and if the committee doesn't like streaky teams than here's your team to toss out....of course anything can happen.The big East is canibaliizing each other....butler in a free fall too......if x or DePaul gets lucky????According to the ncaa web page they look at team resumes with the games jumbled in order....and no game dates listed on them....they like consistency......
If PC wins 2 more they are a stone cold lock without a play-in game. You can flip and flop whatever you want, but wins are wins, PC has bad losses, but plenty of quality wins to offset. PC can thank their BE peers for playing strong in the OOC.
Still a conference with 3 teams better than .500 on the road. BIAS.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

You can’t cry when your teams go 5-20 in Q1 games non-conference. Go win some games, then come complain about bias. Just remember DePaul, St. John’s, and Georgetown entered BE play with more Q1 wins than the entire A10 combined.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The issue is, the BE is overrated, no matter what the metrics say.

PC has 8 Q1 wins....how many of those should be Q1?

None of them are great, none of them are bad, their teams that is.

I'm not questioning the fact that the BE is better overall, certainly the bottom is way better than the A10's.

Every league game PC plays is either a Q1 or Q2.....a huge advantage for sure.

When you have to go 14-4 or better in conference to get an at large bid, it's tough. Such is life when you're URI.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago The issue is, the BE is overrated, no matter what the metrics say.

I'm not questioning the fact that the BE is better overall, certainly the bottom is way better than the A10's.

When you have to go 14-4 or better in conference to get an at large bid, it's tough. Such is life when you're URI.

We really can’t be picking out what teams Q1 wins are gone and bad when we have 1 Q1 win and it’s VCU.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago The issue is, the BE is overrated, no matter what the metrics say.

We really can’t be picking out what teams Q1 wins are gone and bad when we have 1 Q1 win and it’s VCU.
And that Q1 is melting away...kinda like a lot of 401k's this week....