IS ANYONE HAPPY YET !

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: IS ANYONE HAPPY YET !

Unread post by PeteRI »

The Dude wrote: 4 years ago Image
Bought the t-shirt. DUUUUUDE!!

https://thedudesdesigns.com/products/le ... unisex-tee
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

YES.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

The question is is anyone NOT happy.
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The question is why have a thread like this at all
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Back to panic mode - beat F’N UMass!
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I will be ecstatic if we give UMass the beat down that Davidson handed them last night 👊
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago The question is is anyone NOT happy.
There’s always a few, 74! :lol: :roll: :roll:
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
And is the goal got everyone to be happy anyway?
This is my nomination for worst thread of the year but still 11 months to go
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
And is the goal got everyone to be happy anyway?
This is my nomination for worst thread of the year but still 11 months to go
I have faith that we still have much worse in us that is yet to come! :lol:
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

I was pretty UNHAPPY last night when I saw an Instagram live of Rese smoking a hookah pipe. WTH?
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago I was pretty UNHAPPY last night when I saw an Instagram live of Rese smoking a hookah pipe. WTH?
Lol hookah is tobacco and molasses
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago I was pretty UNHAPPY last night when I saw an Instagram live of Rese smoking a hookah pipe. WTH?
No kidding, but do we want athletes having tobacco?
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago
I want COLLEGE KIDS doing whatever the hell the want on their off days so long as they don’t hurt themselves or anyone else.

So he unwound for a bit. He’s a 20 year old athlete in top condition. His tomorrow morning sprint will feel slightly winded for his first 2 mins. He’ll be fine.

Who knew all this winning could make everyone just nitpick ANYTHING.

Give to Rhody's NIL
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago

I want COLLEGE KIDS doing whatever the hell the want on their off days so long as they don’t hurt themselves or anyone else.

So he unwound for a bit. He’s a 20 year old athlete in top condition. His tomorrow morning sprint will feel slightly winded for his first 2 mins. He’ll be fine.

Who knew all this winning could make everyone just nitpick ANYTHING.
So I vehemently disagree that this has anything to do with winning...or anything to do with nitpicking. Maybe I care about the health of these young men as well as whether they win or not. You have yourself a great day.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago
That actually kind of looks like me, but my hair is longer and darker.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

92A64966-8E8D-491B-AFBA-C08188D05160.png
Hmmmmmm.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The only hookahs I know are the ones that walk along Smith St.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Theres hookah all over the city. Smith st. , up the hill, Thayer st. Its actually wicked bad for you, but once or twice aint gonna kill you.
GO RAMS
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Theres hookah all over the city. Smith st. , up the hill, Thayer st. Its actually wicked bad for you, but once or twice aint gonna kill you.
It’s also unsanitary af. Who knows where people’s mouths have been.
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

You do realize that they put plastic mouth pieces in the hookah and are only used for that individual and then thrown away in all of these places. So idk how that can be unsanitary when it is a one time use. And lets not make it seem like we all as college students only did things at all times that were 100% healthy to us. Like binge drinking shit tons of alcohol in amongst other things I am sure. If they chose to do that so be it. It is their body and their life. If it effects them on the court then it is on them. But, a 20 year old kid unwinding from the stresses of being a D1 college basketball athlete is the luxury he has. I swear people will find anything to be upset about now a days. I could not give two effs if that is how he choose to end is Sunday night especially not even the night before a game night.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

We all know that Hookah isn't good for your lungs. I agree that he shouldn't do it because of the long term effects and that it probably isn't allowed in the NCAA.

In my opinion, as long as he's not doing it every day, we shouldn't be worrying about his personal life like this. Tyrese has been really good for us this season and this doesn't seem to be affecting his play at all.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

I'm not going to be happy until our name is called on Selection Sunday.

It's nothing personal, it just takes a lot to make me happy. I guess. A win tomorrow will make me momentarily happy.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

There was a Hookah bar in the Emporium a few years ago, I am not sure if its still there.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

I had a coworker who was going to a hookah bar in Federal Hill because her boyfriend, who came from there, was into it. It's nicotine, so it's highly addictive, among other things. Just like the vaping. If you are an adult, I'm not your mom, nor your uncle even, do whatever you want, but it is a fad, and like everything else involving nicotine, once you go in knees deep, good luck getting out.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Overall I'm very happy with the state of the program:
We will return the pre-season A10 POY (or co-POY with Crutcher)
We return a dynamic scoring duo in Martin/Russell
We return depth and experience at the 4-5 (maybe no true 5, but you get the point)
We have a coach that has shown pre-game, in-game, and post-game growth as a leader
We bring in freshmen talent and are still chasing some A10+ level talent
Etc. etc.

That said, am I the only one that doesn't truly enjoy every game because I'm too damn nervous? Don't get me wrong, the first half of Dayton was incredible - I had many highs watching that unfold. I still, however, wasn't 100% confident and watch the game on edge.

As an A10 member our margin for error is razor thin and as a fan I know that. Teams like UMass, GW, GM, LaSalle, St Joes - although bad by most metrics - are all very capable. URI basketball is just one long season of constant worrying and I don't think I enjoy it as much as I should. Am I alone here?
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I had a coworker who was going to a hookah bar in Federal Hill because her boyfriend, who came from there, was into it. It's nicotine, so it's highly addictive, among other things. Just like the vaping. If you are an adult, I'm not your mom, nor your uncle even, do whatever you want, but it is a fad, and like everything else involving nicotine, once you go in knees deep, good luck getting out.
It's 2020. If you're smoking nicotine or tobacco you should know the consequences. Obviously it's Tyrese's choice because he is over 18.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Section104 wrote: 4 years ago Overall I'm very happy with the state of the program:
We return depth and experience at the 4-5 (maybe no true 5, but you get the point)
We have a coach that has shown pre-game, in-game, and post-game growth as a leader

That said, am I the only one that doesn't truly enjoy every game because I'm too damn nervous? Don't get me wrong, the first half of Dayton was incredible - I had many highs watching that unfold. I still, however, wasn't 100% confident and watch the game on edge.

As an A10 member our margin for error is razor thin and as a fan I know that. Teams like UMass, GW, GM, LaSalle, St Joes - although bad by most metrics - are all very capable. URI basketball is just one long season of constant worrying and I don't think I enjoy it as much as I should. Am I alone here?
Is this a copy and paste or is the author smoking something?
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Section104 wrote: 4 years ago Overall I'm very happy with the state of the program:
Etc. etc.

This post put my mind in a blender.
Go Rhody
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago We all know that Hookah isn't good for your lungs. I agree that he shouldn't do it because of the long term effects and that it probably isn't allowed in the NCAA.

In my opinion, as long as he's not doing it every day, we shouldn't be worrying about his personal life like this. Tyrese has been really good for us this season and this doesn't seem to be affecting his play at all.
Where is that coming from that it's probably not allowed in the NCAA? I've never heard of the organization having a tobacco ban
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago We all know that Hookah isn't good for your lungs. I agree that he shouldn't do it because of the long term effects and that it probably isn't allowed in the NCAA.

Where is that coming from that it's probably not allowed in the NCAA? I've never heard of the organization having a tobacco ban
Idk, I'm just assuming that there is a policy on it. Not that it matters I really don't care what he does on a Sunday night lol.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago

haha I wish I was smoking something because I would worry less! This is just my anxiety-riddled brain talking. The cliffnotes is: I absolutely love where the program is, but I can never seen to enjoy it in the here and now because deep down I'm still emotionally scarred from the Baron year collapses - despite them being a thing of the past.

Carry on. I may be on my own island here.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Theres hookah all over the city. Smith st. , up the hill, Thayer st. Its actually wicked bad for you, but once or twice aint gonna kill you.
It’s also unsanitary af. Who knows where people’s mouths have been.
I admit I don't know much about it, but since we dissect everything else, might as well tackle this.

I tend to agree that it probably isn't very sanitary. I don't know what these individual mouthpieces look like, but if it is the giant bong apparatus with the multiple hoses coming off of it, then the contents of someone's lungs are being inhaled by someone else, etc.

Yeah, I think I'm going to skip that. I work in a hospital, so the next time I see one of the respiratory therapists, I run it by her and see what she thinks of the whole thing.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

True they might change the mouth pieces but not necessarily clean the pipes etc.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

I was watching the insta live last night and someone asked if they drug test. He said yes but that what he was smoking isn’t a drug.
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Section104 wrote: 4 years ago
KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago

haha I wish I was smoking something because I would worry less! This is just my anxiety-riddled brain talking. The cliffnotes is: I absolutely love where the program is, but I can never seen to enjoy it in the here and now because deep down I'm still emotionally scarred from the Baron year collapses - despite them being a thing of the past.

Carry on. I may be on my own island here.
Don't worry I know what you are saying and thoroughly understand it. I was at the game Friday and told my wife at half time that I was worried about them blowing it.
Being at the school during the Baron years have beat me down to believe we will always blow it. Have to get used to winning I guess.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Was the hookah attractive?
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago Was the hookah attractive?
Haha it took me a second but then this one really got me. Nice work.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

I am HAPPY to move on from my hookah comment...the mother in me can't help but spill out when I see dumb stuff.
I am HAPPY that we got votes today.
I remember how HAPPY I was to be with the team in Brooklyn when our name was called on Selection Sunday, and how HAPPY I will be when our name is called again, hopefully.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

I'm happy that you are good looking.

About half of the other people in this mostly sausage fest look like Peter Griffin from Family Guy.
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

You guys are wild. Hookah?? We talking bout hookah? You kidding me. Hookah? Louisville players had hookers and we are worried about hookah hahaha
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I'm happy that you are good looking.

About half of the other people in this mostly sausage fest look like Peter Griffin from Family Guy.
I resemble that remark!
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

A single hookah session = 1.7 single cigarettes? That seems like a serious bah-gain... I smoked for a long time ( long time ago) and it was about 10x that every day. It's not like there's new, unknown news about it...carry on if you must. The coach is (has to be by now) aware and if he has a problem with it, I'm sure he'll deal with it.
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Etc. etc.

Ha. I know what you mean. I was sitting watching one of the last games and my wife came up to me and said “I’ve never seen you this nervous.” Then she proceeded to pour me a glass of whiskey and said “calm the f*** down. It’s a stupid basketball game. You’re not even playing.”
She totally doesn’t get it.... :P
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I'm happy that you are good looking.

I’ve never had a more opportune time to post this :

rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago I resemble that remark!
hahaha. I don't look "exactly" like him, but people (from other states, countries, etc) have said that my voice sounds just like that character's. lol
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago A single hookah session = 1.7 single cigarettes? That seems like a serious bah-gain... I smoked for a long time ( long time ago) and it was about 10x that every day. It's not like there's new, unknown news about it...carry on if you must. The coach is (has to be by now) aware and if he has a problem with it, I'm sure he'll deal with it.
I used to buy a pack of PFunks a week and smoke them outside of my dorm, back when they were $5.00 a pack. I was at the liquor store yesterday and the guy in front of me bought two packs of Parliament Lights- $25!? I had no idea they were over $12 a pack now!
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Not sure if anyone follows @CaptObiToppin on twitter. Handle just created. Looks to be a good one...it’s first post is funny.
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 12.42.08 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago
Etc. etc.

Ha. I know what you mean. I was sitting watching one of the last games and my wife came up to me and said “I’ve never seen you this nervous.” Then she proceeded to pour me a glass of whiskey and said “calm the f*** down. It’s a stupid basketball game. You’re not even playing.”
She totally doesn’t get it.... :P
She pours you a whiskey then busts your balls. That's one helluva woman you got there.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago Not sure if anyone follows @CaptObiToppin on twitter. Handle just created. Looks to be a good one...

I have no idea how to post a screenshot. But it’s first post is funny.