1/22 | Duquesne | 7:00PM (ESPN+/YurView)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: 1/22 | Duquesne | 7:00PM (ESPN+/YurView)

Unread post by section(105) »

........bench points big, Toppin, Walker, Long......great to see.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

#JustKeepWinning
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Great game! Cyril was a huge difference maker tonight even on a bum ankle, just wow.
Last edited by RIFan 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Just back from the game. We kicked their ass. That second half was pure joy to watch. Should have been more people there to witness that destruction of the Dukes.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago That’s how it’s done. Kenpom and NET will go up a big chunk due to how they played better than computer prediction.
A lot of games still out there tonight which can indirectly move the numbers a bit, but after tonight’s game went into the formula we moved up to 61 from 69.

ETA: talking about KenPom here.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Welcome back fair weather fans!

Go FUCKING RHODY!
Dude, stop trying to be the expert on how to be a fan. You're directing your vitriol at people who may have decades on you in terms of how long they have been fans. As if the only acceptable way to be a fan is to be a blind optimist and anything else is fair weather, give it a break bro.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Haven't read the thread yet; I'm sure first half comments are interesting. What a great second half they played! Cyril was MVP IMO; he asserted himself and locked down things inside with his strength. Duquesne didn't get anything easy in the second half and Cyril is why. Really good job by pretty much all the guys in the second half. Let's keep this going!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Martin does a ton of good stuff, but his refusal to even consider passing the ball in transition is unlike anything I’ve ever seen.
It's the 2020 fast break ==> guy dribbling the ball on the break...shoots it. Not just limited to this team...
PaulieMash
Abdul Fox

Unread post by PaulieMash »

Very happy to see them come out of the locker room after halftime like gangbusters. This team has heart! Go Rhody!
alldayrhodyrams02
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by alldayrhodyrams02 »

Fatts crushed the 3’s!
This.is.our.house 🐏🐏🐏
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

This is no disrespect to DC, but that was Hurley Era defense in the 2nd half. Easily our best 40 minutes of D all season. And agree it all starts with Cyril who is an elite defender, whether on the perimeter or protecting the paint. Our offense will always be a roller coaster, but if we can play D like that and use it to fuel our offense we can be an NCAA team. Big minutes from Walker tonight, made a difference.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago

Go FUCKING RHODY!
Dude, stop trying to be the expert on how to be a fan. You're directing your vitriol at people who may have decades on you in terms of how long they have been fans. As if the only acceptable way to be a fan is to be a blind optimist and anything else is fair weather, give it a break bro.
My bad, fair weather guy.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

I'm just gonna stay on page 8 and ignore any comments about the first half :)
Tyrese was great with 11 rbs and 13 pts today. He should quit trying to charge into the opponent because he's gotten a good amount of fouls between this and last game.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I was at the game with my five year and my neighbor said the ambulance was at my house. Apparently the three year old swallowed a marble. I had to leave to meet my wife and daughter in Fall River. My daughter ended up being fine, but I might be banned from further games as they were down 8 at half and won by 22. I have no idea how they made that big a turn around, but have to assume it was their best half of the season? Big win
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

More importantly glad everything turned out ok with your daughter. And yes don't go to any more games :)
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Just got home, great win. Langevine turned it around with his presence in the second half. Didn't realize he hadn't practiced in three days, tough kid.
Mobley was fouled.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago I was at the game with my five year and my neighbor said the ambulance was at my house. Apparently the three year old swallowed a marble. I had to leave to meet my wife and daughter in Fall River. My daughter ended up being fine, but I might be banned from further games as they were down 8 at half and won by 22. I have no idea how they made that big a turn around, but have to assume it was their best half of the season? Big win
That’s scary - glad everything turned out ok
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago This is no disrespect to DC, but that was Hurley Era defense in the 2nd half. Easily our best 40 minutes of D all season. And agree it all starts with Cyril who is an elite defender, whether on the perimeter or protecting the paint. Our offense will always be a roller coaster, but if we can play D like that and use it to fuel our offense we can be an NCAA team. Big minutes from Walker tonight, made a difference.
THIS EXACTLY! Defense wins championships.

The second half of this game and the PC game were as close to the defense I used to see Rhody playing back when Hurley was a coach in the past year and a half. Cox preaches defense and I think coach does a decent job at connecting with players, but the players haven't always executed well on defense as a whole team. Loved what I saw in the 2nd half.
As a side note, I also think Harris played decent this game from the perspective that he didn't look lost or confused and he looked confident and focused. There were times down low when he looked out of position, but some of that may have been to him assuming another player was coming to double team his guy from the other angle. Other than that he did alright.
Last edited by The Dude 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

Go FUCKING RHODY!
not even clever, if you're going to bother to reply at least give an effort.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
RamIt!
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RamIt! »

Please sometime post up vid of that last floating layup by Fatts. It was unreal.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago That’s how it’s done. Kenpom and NET will go up a big chunk due to how they played better than computer prediction.
A lot of games still out there tonight which can indirectly move the numbers a bit, but after tonight’s game went into the formula we moved up to 61 from 69.
We had a NET of 62 going into the game.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

URI opened the game going inside, I really liked that. Got away from it but I liked it.
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just here to point out we went on our run the second Harris went to the bench.

Anyone defending him is just flat out wrong at this point.

Walker is clearly so much better, hopefully he gets more consistent minutes going forward.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

We need both of them.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Just here to point into we went on our run the second Harris went to the bench.

Anyone defending him is just flat not wrong at this point.

Walker is clearly so much better, hopefully he gets more consistent minutes going forward.
This makes no sense.
Mobley was fouled.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
We had a NET of 62 going into the game.
Sorry, KenPom. NET will update tomorrow I think.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

A tale of two halves and a game that clearly showed the importance of Cryil Langevine's presence.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago I was at the game with my five year and my neighbor said the ambulance was at my house. Apparently the three year old swallowed a marble. I had to leave to meet my wife and daughter in Fall River. My daughter ended up being fine, but I might be banned from further games as they were down 8 at half and won by 22. I have no idea how they made that big a turn around, but have to assume it was their best half of the season? Big win
Holy shit, man. So scary. Glad it sounds like everything is all right.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Just think how good we would be if we shot well regularly. We would scare a lot of people.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago Just think how good we would be if we shot well regularly. We would scare a lot of people.
Stat line very good this game, minus ft %.
Mobley was fouled.
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Unread post by jaywin86 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago Just think how good we would be if we shot well regularly. We would scare a lot of people.
I'd take 43% from 3p every night from this team
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Just here to point into we went on our run the second Harris went to the bench.

This makes no sense.

We did not start to make our run until Harris picked up his fourth foul and went to the Bench. He did not contribute to the comeback whatsoever.

Anyone still continuing saying he’s good at this, good at that, is just wrong.

Walker deserves more minutes than Harris every single game.
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

This makes no sense.

We did not start to make our run until Harris picked up his fourth foul and went to the Bench. He did not contribute to the comeback whatsoever.

"Anyone defending him is just flat not wrong at this point."

I assume you didn't mean to have the word "not" there...
Mobley was fouled.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

That 2nd half was certainly a lot of fun. Not many games where Rhody scores 30 more points in a half than its opponent. Turned up the defense in the 2nd half and started to rebound. Crowd really got going and the team fed off it. Shot lights out in the 2nd half. Only thing to complain about is another game of poor ft shooting. If it does not get better, it will cost us games.
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Unread post by jaywin86 »

This makes no sense.

Im arguing the other side of this. he started the run by his "spat" with hughes which woke up the crowd. it may not be in the box score but I'd say that started the fire
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago That 2nd half was certainly a lot of fun. Not many games where Rhody scores 30 more points in a half than its opponent. Turned up the defense in the 2nd half and started to rebound. Crowd really got going and the team fed off it. Shot lights out in the 2nd half. Only thing to complain about is another game of poor ft shooting. If it does not get better, it will cost us games.
This team just needs to win. At this point, stats and FT% mean nothing. Just win.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

This makes no sense.

The Harris-slamming is just stupid already. If that guy were suddenly not on the team, the kvetching and misery here would make the Tate departure seem like a non-event. Good grief...
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
RF1 wrote: 4 years ago That 2nd half was certainly a lot of fun. Not many games where Rhody scores 30 more points in a half than its opponent. Turned up the defense in the 2nd half and started to rebound. Crowd really got going and the team fed off it. Shot lights out in the 2nd half. Only thing to complain about is another game of poor ft shooting. If it does not get better, it will cost us games.
This team just needs to win. At this point, stats and FT% mean nothing. Just win.
Well, they are!
Mobley was fouled.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Agreed - please stop with bashing Harris. He does a lot of little things that don’t show up in the box score, and some day soon when those threes start going down everyone will love the kid. His shot is too smooth to not start hitting them.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

This makes no sense.

"Anyone defending him is just flat not wrong at this point."

I assume you didn't mean to have the word "not" there...

Oops! Meant to type “out.”
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago Agreed - please stop with bashing Harris. He does a lot of little things that don’t show up in the box score, and some day soon when those threes start going down everyone will love the kid. His shot is too smooth to not start hitting them.
Lol.

Knew there’d be people still defending him shooting 3s.

I think I’d rather have Blake Vedder shooting 3s than Harris.
Go Rhody
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

not even clever, if you're going to bother to reply at least give an effort.
Dude, relax. I’m being an asshole, because I can. WE FUCKING WON! Go Rhody!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Harris has some huge offensive rebounds
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

This makes no sense.

The Harris-slamming is just stupid already. If that guy were suddenly not on the team, the kvetching and misery here would make the Tate departure seem like a non-event. Good grief...
Correct, because at least he’s a warm body ready to play.

Without him we’d only have 7 guys.
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago More importantly glad everything turned out ok with your daughter. And yes don't go to any more games :)
He can still go to the games. He just has to leave at halftime.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago Attendance?
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Since people will never agree with my
Harris bashing (even though it’s warranted), I’ll say something everyone will agree with.

Students were turned away tonight. On the first day of classes.

With it not being close to a sellout, absolutely inexcusable for them to be told no.

Pathetic, embarrassing, stupid.

Should never happen at a game like tonight.
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

Correct, because at least he’s a warm body ready to play.

Without him we’d only have 7 guys.
Then get off his back...aye yi freekn yi.....
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Since people will never agree with my
Harris bashing (even though it’s warranted), I’ll say something everyone will agree with.

Students were turned away tonight. On the first day of classes.

With it not being close to a sellout, absolutely inexcusable for them to be told no.

Pathetic, embarrassing, stupid.

Should never happen at a game like tonight.
That's so fucked up. They're scheduling a midweek home game where a lot of people have late classes and need to eat dinner. They could AT LEAST let students know that they can come in maybe 5 min before tip off to fill in the empty seats.
Last edited by RhodyRams916 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Couldn't wait to get home and read the mood swings on this game thread. Pretty comical.. 13-5. 5-1 in league.. 47-17 2nd half pasting of a team ahead of us in standings.. best home half of basketball this year. Maybe best half period this year.. be Happy..😀😀🏀🏀