12/6 | Providence | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: 12/6 | Providence | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Unread post by bigappleram »

:)

Death, taxes and the KB reaction to a loss
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think it’s a little bit of nervousness as we seem to be the better team so far at least more battle tested with the teams we have played so with this game at home their is big pressure to win it
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......early on, season ticket holders at certain donor levels were able to apply for extra PC tickets, it was not a guarantee to get.......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It was different than past years, that’s for sure
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Ok I’ll bite to try and get this party going with my controversial pre game take

This is a grudge match. As a coach I would have zero concerns with my team’s defensive intensity (heck even me who never saw a shot he didn’t take would get back on defense in this game)

What I am concerned about if I’m Cox is Providence defensive intensity. I’ve seen no evidence that Cooley can x/o but he has elite talent and his team will match or exceed our intensity. His team WILL beat us down the floor on defense making fast break buckets hard to come by even with our fastest player I have ever seen pushing the ball.

We will need to win the half court battle, again defensively no worries but we need buckets. We cannot best Providence with ball screens or dribble drive PC will help and overplay making it difficult. We have to run our high post stuff, moving the ball to get passing lanes and clean looks. Clean looks require players that can make shots which makes the DJ will play decision not a huge surprise to me. If we can get 3/4 buckets out of him in limited play that darn well might be the difference.

The building needs to be worth at least 3 scores too.

This is a death match, rain blue hell.

Go Rhody.

More takes please let’s get the post count up in this very important thread.

More vitriol directed at PC would be nice too

:)
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Bone and ECR will have a post-off. DC Rams will do a second bid. We will hear from gonebarongone. It will essentially be the keaneyblue apocalypse.
And the proverbial question “how many years left on David Cox’ contract?

And if we had only had Sheppard. And if only Patrick Ewing didn’t screw us with Walker

And we have “the refs were the worst I have ever seen” in our back pocket

And “why does Langevine dribble the ball?”

And “can we get that KB Poster who gave Jimmy Baron Free Throw Shooting advice also help Cyril FT Shooting?”

And of course the most common “17 reasons why we lost because of Jermaine Harris”

And “why can’t we bring beer to our seats to help drown our sorrows in games like these?”

And “ we can’t beat PC and we can’t Get no freakin Wi-Fi in here”

Let’s just keep it simple and hope we win :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Bone and ECR will have a post-off. DC Rams will do a second bid. We will hear from gonebarongone. It will essentially be the keaneyblue apocalypse.
I may get the death penalty. 😂
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Win or lose, we are all winners, because we are not Friars.

But seriously please God let us win this game.
Just remember, a bad day at URI still beats a good day at PC.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

Pop and Pick: URI edition

The University of Rhode Island will host Providence College tomorrow night at the Ryan Center. Sometimes it can be challenging for home crowds to bring energy against low level teams. Just ask PC Coach, Ed Cooley, who criticized his fans after a win against St. Peter’s earlier this season saying he didn’t “feel the energy” and “felt like we lost.”

URI junior guard Fatts Russell commented on whether a lethargic home crowd could be an issue given URI will be playing a team that has losses to NW, Penn, LBSU, and Charleston and carries an RPI of sub 250 into the Ryan Center. He thinks the energy won’t be a problem and pointed to the last time PC came to Kingston. “The atmosphere here was something you can’t describe.”

And Fatts should know about big-time atmospheres. As a freshman, Fatts was on a URI team that won the Atlantic 10 regular season championship, was ranked as high as 16th in the AP Poll, and advanced in the NCAA tournament by beating a Trae Young led Oklahoma team. No player on the PC roster has ever advanced in the NCAA tournament or been part of team ranked in the top 25.

However, tomorrow presents a great opportunity for PC to turn things around and obtain what would likely be a Quadrant 1 win. For URI, a win will build momentum as it strives towards a 3rd NCAA appearance in 4 years.

Correction: This version updates a previous version in which we misspelled the name of PC’s coach as Keno Davis.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Reasons to believe we will win:

1.) Experienced back court. Guards often determine these games. If Jeff plays to potential, and Fatts plays as he has been thus far, we should have the edge here.

2.) Battle tested - we have played a much more difficult schedule than PC, and we shouldn't have to adjust to their athleticism and speed given we have played teams faster and bigger already.

3.) Home court - Duke and Reeves are key guys for them. This is their first Ryan Center game, and first time in that environment.

4.) Watson isn't 100% - When healthy he would give Cyril and Jermaine fits, but he isn't healthy. Has less bounce and mobility. Should even things out for Cyril and give us neutral to slight edge there.

Reasons to believe we won't win:

1.) PC plays their best 40 minutes of this season by a lot. In short they just have not looked good, even in early season cake walks over weak opponents. They will have to put forth their best performance to date to come out on top. Can it happen, of course. But there isn't anything that has happened thus far that would make you think it will.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Speaking of atmosphere, I hope we have some recruits here tomorrow night. The atmosphere of the PC game rivals the big games that were played in the past at Keaney. Of course, winning would add to that atmosphere.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Please don't forget; FTF
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago I am hearing that Rhody will be wearing their Keaney Blue uniforms Friday.
Any chance Fatts wears the Keaney Blue sneakers? I am guessing he wears the same sneakers he has worn the last 6 games.
I liked when the entire team wore the same sneakers.
“We will be good when we are good.”
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Stay Gold Pony Boy!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago I am hearing that Rhody will be wearing their Keaney Blue uniforms Friday.
Any chance Fatts wears the Keaney Blue sneakers? I am guessing he wears the same sneakers he has worn the last 6 games.
I liked when the entire team wore the same sneakers.
If Fatts keeps playing well, I don't care if he wears flip flops...
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago
If a student put that video together, somebody give that kid a job immediately.
I was going to bed before I saw that video, now I may not sleep until after the game.
GET F*ING PUMPED!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago
adam914 wrote: 4 years ago
If a student put that video together, somebody give that kid a job immediately.
I was going to bed before I saw that video, now I may not sleep until after the game.
GET F*ING PUMPED!
Former student who now works for URI Athletics. Anthony Garro.
He does all the pictures and videos for MBB, WBB & Football that you have seen this year.
He is great. Very creative.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Game day. Let’s get it.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Three words:

Kick.

Their.

Ass.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

As a reminder, Providence students thought this video was a good idea to get their fellow students ready for the upcoming season...

Unsurprisingly they went 4-14 that year in the Big East

If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Three more words; FTF
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That video has become iconic....the "acting" is so bad that a bunch of cadavers could have done better.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

How the hell am I supposed to get through a day of work right now? Let's go!!!!!
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago How the hell am I supposed to get through a day of work right now? Let's go!!!!!
That is why I am leaving at noon & going to Long Live, then to Beer on Earth, then to Tilted Barn & finally at Shaidzon.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago
adam914 wrote: 4 years ago How the hell am I supposed to get through a day of work right now? Let's go!!!!!
That is why I am leaving at noon & going to Long Live, then to Beer on Earth, then to Tilted Barn & finally at Shaidzon.
I love that itinerary! Enjoy!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Need everyone to be a little louder today. Baby Blue Man has decided (as his dad predicted many months ago) to follow in his dad's footsteps to see that things don't go exactly to plan, or as easy as they could. He will be coming into the world a week late, which is tonight.

This will be the first delivery room where dad is yelling louder than mom. Hopefully you'll hear all 3 of us in Kingston, and that the newest member of the junior ruckus brings some luck!

Go Rhody!!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......hope we will be up by 10+ during the Newport Propane Minute of Mayhem......among my fav parts of the experience.......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

My friend photoshopped Jefe’s jersey onto Ernie D. I want to share it with you all but I can’t figure out how to post A photo on here. It’s saved on my phone. Anyone help?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Need everyone to be a little louder today. Baby Blue Man has decided (as his dad predicted many months ago) to follow in his dad's footsteps to see that things don't go exactly to plan, or as easy as they could. He will be coming into the world a week late, which is tonight.

This will be the first delivery room where dad is yelling louder than mom. Hopefully you'll hear all 3 of us in Kingston, and that the newest member of the junior ruckus brings some luck!

Go Rhody!!
Good luck Blue Man. He will always be able to tell people he was born the night the Rams crushed the Friars at the Ryan Center.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Need everyone to be a little louder today. Baby Blue Man has decided (as his dad predicted many months ago) to follow in his dad's footsteps to see that things don't go exactly to plan, or as easy as they could. He will be coming into the world a week late, which is tonight.

Go Rhody!!
Baby Blue Man already with a flair for the dramatic like his Pops! :lol:

Showing up on the night of the PC game. Can only be good luck I think.
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Go Rhody!!
Good luck Blue Man don't scare the little guy!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I cant get thru work today

Too amped up !

let's effin goooooo !

hate PC
hate THEM !
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

thats AWESOME blue man !

best of luck !
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Go Rhody!!
Good luck and congrats Blue Man! Note, baby's come with hats - see if the hospital can give the baby a Rhody hat!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Go Rhody!!
Mazel tov!
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

This is a good sign Blue Man - lay the house on Rhody LOL
URIGradDad
Michael Andersen

Unread post by URIGradDad »

This is a must win. I look for a war as PC will be hungry and play their best game of the season. Rhody wins this though I think.

I love these in-state games.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

I fully expect a tough game - we gotta win baby !

now that we are on a baby theme

i want to sleep like a baby tonight !!!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago
Goosebumps :shock:
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

Full pregame coverage prior to Friday's tip against Providence.

Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

spookydog wrote: 4 years ago As a reminder, Providence students thought this video was a good idea to get their fellow students ready for the upcoming season...

Unsurprisingly they went 4-14 that year in the Big East

Not only are those doofuses from the mental hospital, but they have that video following them around for the rest of their lives. I almost feel sorry for them.

Of course, I almost have a pound of $100 bills on my desk, too.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

i am climbing the walls here

i need me some limoncello to calm my arse down here

let's goooooooooooooooooooo

get me out of this place called work already
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

For anyone heading to the game that has been having trouble with the Cue live app. Make sure to open the app when they start the visitors announcing of the team. Found out at the Manhattan game that by doing so, it will give the app an opportunity to hear the audio easier and go through its stuff without an issue.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Fireup! GoRhody! Beat them like a drum.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

gazakaza wrote: 4 years ago For anyone heading to the game that has been having trouble with the Cue live app. Make sure to open the app when they start the visitors announcing of the team. Found out at the Manhattan game that by doing so, it will give the app an opportunity to hear the audio easier and go through its stuff without an issue.
This needs to be reposted a few times. I'm tired of watching the "waiting to sync" screen throughout the uri intro.