11/15 | Alabama | 7:30PM (NBC Sports)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 11/15 | Alabama | 7:30PM (NBC Sports)

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Now I know why I blocked 72.

There is so much to debunk those comments. I will just share one thing with you. What a coach says to the media/public after the game isn’t what he tells/emphasizes to the players during the game, after the game in private and in follow up in film work & practice. Not any coach - not Cox, not Hurley, not Coach K, not Bill B.

I heard a polite way when some that is in the action (coach Cox in this case) get advice from someone not in the action (72).
“Take a seat”. Meaning sit down and don’t say anything else. Try to just be a fan and enjoy the games.
Last edited by Rhody83 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Now I know why I blocked 72.

There is so much to debunk those comments. I will just share one thing with you. What a coach says to the media/public after the game isn’t what he tells/emphasizes to the players during the game, after the game in private and in follow up in film work & practice. Not any coach - not Cox, not Hurley, not Coach K, not Bill B.
Thank God for people like you here.
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago

Seeing as you've been here 9 months, you have a lot to learn.
I see. I want no parts of it. I’ll go back to my neutral corner.
Just saying certain posters have their thing. We all know about it. It's not a big deal.
Ah, I see.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

I believe I might be of some assistance here.

Let me just put on my Rhody72 secret decoder ring.

Remember in Rocky III, Rocky tells Apollo “it just takes about six years to get to know him” about Paulie? So don’t get mentally irregular?

Anyway, 72 is just saying don’t be satisfied with this performance because there is a lot of room for improvement, even in victory.
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

I agree we almost lost. If we were judged on 20 mins we would be in the top 25.
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

We have the athletes, just need the shots to drop.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

At least two posters didn’t want Fatts to start this game.
Coach Cox in his presser, “I would put those two (Fatts & Jeff) against any backcourt in the country”.

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Roz wrote: 4 years ago I agree we almost lost. If we were judged on 20 mins we would be in the top 25.
Is this sarcasm?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I like Fatt's gold sneakers.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Seeing as you've been here 9 months, you have a lot to learn.
Just saying certain posters have their thing. We all know about it. It's not a big deal.
To give some color to this, R72 once made a similar comment to this talking about Jimmy Baron’s FT shooting. Jimmy shot better than 90% FTs for his career.

You’re fine TJ. Keep on posting.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago

To give some color to this, R72 once made a similar comment to this talking about Jimmy Baron’s FT shooting. Jimmy shot better than 90% FTs for his career.
LMFAO
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhody72 must be coaching Cyril’s FT shooting. I think he got 8 in a row.
Slava Ukraini!
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago

Rhody72 must be coaching Cyril’s FT shooting. I think he got 8 in a row.
He’s almost as dumb as the guy that asked me during pregame yesterday “how much longer is Cox gonna keep putting in Fatts Russell”
Common sense is not common.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Worth noting, the performance and way we won (putting up 93 points) in front of Andy Katz and Jeff Goodman is great for our profile, and the leagues. Both have been effusive about Rhody and the A10 last 24 hours.
We enjoyed a lot of national attention under Dan, good to see Coach Cox and the squad getting some of that again.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Still one of the all time greatest posts here, I can see the words. About a guy shooting like 93.5% from the foul line “Jimmy needs to have better balance, he falls forward on his free throws and that’s why he missed 1.” It was probably the only 1 he missed that month, and he’s arguably the best shooter we’ve had in the last 30 years.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree that was classic and goes in the archives

Come on 72 u are better than that

Fatts interview with Katz was great and how about Rothstein saying we have the most underrated backcourt in the country
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago One other thing about Fatts. He has no fear and doesn’t shrink from the moment. You need players like that, especially late in close games and when the opponent is making a run. Players like this need to avoid hero ball though. That’s always the fine line. Fatts managed it well last night.
Quoted for Truth. I love it when he gets himself to the free throw line towards the end of fairly close games to close them out.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......moving on to Nicholls State......no let down here, don’t allow this one to be the Stony Brook game for this OOC schedule.......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago

Jeff and Fatts are still playing too many minutes (37 & 36 last night). They were playing so well Cox couldn’t sit them. The offense stalled one time when Jeff sat. Tyrese needs to take more minutes at SG and they probably need to increase the minutes with the 1 true G lineup. Get Jeff and Fatts down to 32 minutes.
I’m hopeful that in a few of these games that might be called “cupcakes” between now and A10 play, we can get comfortable leads and dial the minutes back on these guys considerably. Getting 3 or 4 chances to limit them to 20 minutes or so could end up being really valuable, both in terms of keeping some gas in their tanks and letting Hammond and Martin get some guard minutes in case they’re pressed into service later on. One problem is that it might be a tough sell to Jeff and Fatts, who understandably may want to partake in the fun and get their numbers up and get some highlights to put in their instagrams. Hopefully the staff can sell them on it, because it is in their long term interests.
Nicholls state beat Pitt at Pitt fyi
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......moving on to Nicholls State......no let down here, don’t allow this one to be the Stony Brook game for this OOC schedule.......
Nicholls is a much better team than Stony Brook.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Highlights of the game from NBC

PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Ok... I just had to download a new web browser because it would not let me log in on google chrome!

So weird.

I've had so much to say!

I was at the game, flew up for this because DUH why not !?!?

Took the girlfriend to the game, her first time. She loved it. She actually likes basketball!
Football is too much with that whole system of downs thing (chop suey)

Anyway, we looked good obviously. Did anybody think we would look that good?

Definitely not.

Everyone is better from last year.

You expect some people to stay the same and all, but it appears that our top 6 players are all better than last year, INCLUDING the coach. We seem to have some sort of motion offense out there at times.

Cyril with 6 assists???? He said he was a better passer than people thought and he was right. Which is huge for him since he commands so much space.

Jeff was steady and efficient. AND SO WAS FATTS. Worlds better than last year at this point. He only forced one shot that I can remember, which is okay! You can have one or two of those.

Tyrese and Dana make plays and play very well within themselves.

JH had some moments. Him being stronger than he was last year helps him. Hes coming along, just slowly. Dont give up on him, he will pay off. Just hasn't improved as fast as the rest.

I like what I see out of all the freshman. They've stepped up more than I thought they would.

Toppin can have as much time on the court as he wants because he could be as legit as his brother.

Hes a game changer. How in the hell was he overlooked???

One thing I havent seen mentioned here is how he impacts our defense when hes out there. We started building our biggest lead while he was on the court. He was disruptive. I mean he left his man a few times, but when Alabama was making their run to cut it to five me and some others behind me were wanting him in over Tate. Tate was getting owned by taller players and we weren't as disruptive as we needed to be on defense.

Long is much better than I thought. It was a huge plus that he made that three.

Hammond helped out with those free throws. We just need him to hold his own for just a few minutes this year for Fatts and Jeff to rest. If hes getting playing time this early then I think theres a good chance of that.

Great crowd, love they got to see us own Bama. (Also, as a Tennessee football fan I REALLY appreciated the f**k bama chants from the student section. It made my heart warm with happiness)

My faith is restored that we can make the dance.

I thought it would be an uphill climb without our transfers, but we can hold our own until Walker gets here. Would have been nice to have Sheppard, but it just doesnt look like we absolutely need him to go dancing this year.

GO RHODY
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Ok... I just had to download a new web browser because it would not let me log in on google chrome!

So weird.

I've had so much to say!

I was at the game, flew up for this because DUH why not !?!?

Took the girlfriend to the game, her first time. She loved it. She actually likes basketball!
Football is too much with that whole system of downs thing (chop suey)

Anyway, we looked good obviously. Did anybody think we would look that good?

Definitely not.

Everyone is better from last year.

You expect some people to stay the same and all, but it appears that our top 6 players are all better than last year, INCLUDING the coach. We seem to have some sort of motion offense out there at times.

Cyril with 6 assists???? He said he was a better passer than people thought and he was right. Which is huge for him since he commands so much space.

Jeff was steady and efficient. AND SO WAS FATTS. Worlds better than last year at this point. He only forced one shot that I can remember, which is okay! You can have one or two of those.

Tyrese and Dana make plays and play very well within themselves.

JH had some moments. Him being stronger than he was last year helps him. Hes coming along, just slowly. Dont give up on him, he will pay off. Just hasn't improved as fast as the rest.

I like what I see out of all the freshman. They've stepped up more than I thought they would.

Toppin can have as much time on the court as he wants because he could be as legit as his brother.

Hes a game changer. How in the hell was he overlooked???

One thing I havent seen mentioned here is how he impacts our defense when hes out there. We started building our biggest lead while he was on the court. He was disruptive. I mean he left his man a few times, but when Alabama was making their run to cut it to five me and some others behind me were wanting him in over Tate. Tate was getting owned by taller players and we weren't as disruptive as we needed to be on defense.

Long is much better than I thought. It was a huge plus that he made that three.

Hammond helped out with those free throws. We just need him to hold his own for just a few minutes this year for Fatts and Jeff to rest. If hes getting playing time this early then I think theres a good chance of that.

Great crowd, love they got to see us own Bama. (Also, as a Tennessee football fan I REALLY appreciated the f**k bama chants from the student section. It made my heart warm with happiness)

My faith is restored that we can make the dance.

I thought it would be an uphill climb without our transfers, but we can hold our own until Walker gets here. Would have been nice to have Sheppard, but it just doesnt look like we absolutely need him to go dancing this year.

GO RHODY
I can't get in on Chrome either.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yea what gives with that?
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Fresh outta Keaney jail...

Just wanted to say GO RHODY!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Fresh outta Keaney jail...

How was the food? :lol:
How did you like that Bama Victory?
Welcome back!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

How was the food? :lol:
How did you like that Bama Victory?
Welcome back!
Man it was awful.

Loved the victory. Have to keep that momentum.

And thanks ramster. I’m just going to block out all the negativity and customize my experience here and make it as enjoyable as possible.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Roz wrote: 4 years ago

Jeff and Fatts are still playing too many minutes (37 & 36 last night). They were playing so well Cox couldn’t sit them. The offense stalled one time when Jeff sat. Tyrese needs to take more minutes at SG and they probably need to increase the minutes with the 1 true G lineup. Get Jeff and Fatts down to 32 minutes.
I’m hopeful that in a few of these games that might be called “cupcakes” between now and A10 play, we can get comfortable leads and dial the minutes back on these guys considerably. Getting 3 or 4 chances to limit them to 20 minutes or so could end up being really valuable, both in terms of keeping some gas in their tanks and letting Hammond and Martin get some guard minutes in case they’re pressed into service later on. One problem is that it might be a tough sell to Jeff and Fatts, who understandably may want to partake in the fun and get their numbers up and get some highlights to put in their instagrams. Hopefully the staff can sell them on it, because it is in their long term interests.
Nicholls state beat Pitt at Pitt fyi
I don’t understand:

1. If you think I’m not aware of that?

2. What that has to do with what I said in the post you quoted?
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Welcome back DC Rams. You were missed.
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Does anyone have a link for a full replay of this game? Was upstate "roughing it" with no cell service or TV and I NEED to watch this full game.
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Does anyone have a link for a full replay of this game? Was upstate "roughing it" with no cell service or TV and I NEED to watch this full game.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Welcome back DC Rams. You were missed.
Thanks brother, I missed being able to talk to some of you guys/gals after a win.
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Great win against SEC team!On to Nichols!
We better not sleep on them or they could do us like Northwestern did the Fryazz!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Or simply write them off completely...
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago Does anyone have a link for a full replay of this game? Was upstate "roughing it" with no cell service or TV and I NEED to watch this full game.
Rhodysurf said he’d have it uploaded at the beginning of the week
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Thank you. I guess I'll have to find something else to do with my Sunday.

You're the best Rhodysurf
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Found it through reddit on YouTube. Can't wait to see what I missed.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Share link?
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 4 years ago
Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago 10 pages of doom and gloom for a loss against UMD, 5 pages for a win against an SEC school.
We see this every year - there’s two reasons for why this happens:

1. People do tend to want to voice frustration more than satisfaction, which is true for all fan bases and not just this one. But also losses tend to lead to people arguing and sniping at each other also which adds to the post count.

2. A good portion of the difference has to do with home/away. We have way less people on during and after home games because so many of our posters go to the games.

I don’t think it is a reflection of the fan base not being enthused or excited about a win.
And anyway we were only up to 7 pages on the morning after the MD game, and we're on 6 pages as of this post.
Not sure about anyone else, but I had log in issues after the game and for most of the weekend. I'd have probably posted more...so, there's upside...
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago Found it through reddit on YouTube. Can't wait to see what I missed.
Oh shit post it! Save me a few hours of effort!!
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years agoShare link?
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

rhodysurf wrote: 4 years ago
phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago Found it through reddit on YouTube. Can't wait to see what I missed.
Oh shit post it! Save me a few hours of effort!!
Got ittttt. Enjoy....

Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Went back and watched the game and realized Dana scored 11 not 9 how did that get screwed up?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Dino611 wrote: 4 years ago Went back and watched the game and realized Dana scored 11 not 9 how did that get screwed up?
Scoreboard never worked to show correct player numbers who were on the floor. Player numbers would flicker on the display but be incorrect. Player fouls and points were never correct on the display board.
Since no info on display fans tried to get info on Wi-Fi but Wi-Fi doesn’t work in Ryan Center regardless of how many people are in the arena.
Trying to get on line through carrier thus avoiding Wi-Fi is still very slow or doesn’t work at all.

So there was no way of knowing how many points any individual had. Nobody would have known if a player got credit for a basket he didn’t make. Only the official scorer would have known.

Scoreboard never worked.

Just as at Alumni/Family Day Sold Out Football Game the Key Info never worked the entire game (Yard Ball is On; Yards to Go for First a down;) Fans were in the dark. Then same for Basketball with SEC Team in Ryan Center First a time ever - no scoreboard.

Never could get scoreboards to work at either the Elon Football or Alabama Basketball Games. It’s one thing not to work, but also bad that the issue never gets fixed for the entire game.

Questions are:
Who is in charge?
Are key systems like these tested pre-game?
If not tested in dress rehearsals pre-game can we start testing in advance now? Have we learned our lessons?
How do we prevent from happening again?
How and When do we fix Wi-Fi and Cell Phone reliability in Ryan Center?
Could URI Engineering and Communications Schools Team Up on this challenge?
No excuses.

The National Anthem Singer at Alabama Game was singing with no audio, then it kicked in half way through and was too loud. I felt terrible for the singer. Same questions as for scoreboard.

I should add that it is difficult to hear what anyone is saying on the speaker system.
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......think bigger Rhody facilities people......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

I saw the "lack of comments for this win vs MD loss" on Friday night, my lack of posts was due to my mobile phone not logging in for whatever reason. Not at the Ryan Center so it wasn't wifi related. Not sure if others had the same issue this weekend. This is the first chance I've had to post being logged in on a computer. But just now I CAN log in on the phone as well. Weird...
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago I saw the "lack of comments for this win vs MD loss" on Friday night, my lack of posts was due to my mobile phone not logging in for whatever reason. Not at the Ryan Center so it wasn't wifi related. Not sure if others had the same issue this weekend. This is the first chance I've had to post being logged in on a computer. But just now I CAN log in on the phone as well. Weird...
There are/were login issues. Check the top thread on the board for suggestions
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I did like the addition of the smoke stacks during intros.
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago I saw the "lack of comments for this win vs MD loss" on Friday night, my lack of posts was due to my mobile phone not logging in for whatever reason. Not at the Ryan Center so it wasn't wifi related. Not sure if others had the same issue this weekend. This is the first chance I've had to post being logged in on a computer. But just now I CAN log in on the phone as well. Weird...
In KB Go to:
Announcements, Forum Info, and Helpful Links

Trouble Logging Into KeaneyBlue?
Last post by ramster « 10 hours ago
Replies: 32
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago I did like the addition of the smoke stacks during intros.
Agreed!