Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Re: Tickets

Unread post by JimSidd »

I guess this means that the ticket office finished contacting those that put a deposit down this summer to preorder a mini pack. I received my call yesterday and was told they were feverishly working the phones.
It seems that ticket sales are ahead of last year’s pace. Last year I ordered three single game tickets in October and was told yesterday that the section and row I ordered last year were not available.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Are they serious with that 4:00 start time vs Manhattan?????
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhodyram wrote: 4 years ago Are they serious with that 4:00 start time vs Manhattan?????
It’s the day before Thanksgiving. You could see a lot of youth packages for this game.
Remember this was the last game squeezed in after Siena backed out of its commitment to play in Kingston.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

I think you’re likely to see a ghost town ( even more so than a 7:00 start)
There’s not going to be any youth groups- kids are tied to their parents schedules and people will be either working/ traveling/ or preparing for thanksgiving. Its a school day and I’ve worked in schools a long time- families are pulling kids out throughout the day(if they show up at all) or jetting out at dismissal. I get out of work at 3 and it’s going to be a challenge to get to the RC for tip off.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Just got my mini plans, wish that I had checked this thread yesterday! Had to get them over the internet because of the football game had the box office telephone# too busy. I'm in section 311 but pretty far up for the 5 games but several rows closer for the 3 additional games I picked for the other package. FYI if you order over the internet you can actually see the seats assigned to your purchase its not a total shot in the dark. I think the 3 game package is a very good deal.
OldSchoolRhody
Abdul Fox

Unread post by OldSchoolRhody »

So we are ski family and normally buy a 5 game mini-plan - and focus on weeknight games when the box office would mix and match. We wanted to do that this year to get the PC game - and no deal... were told we would have had to buy three games we could not go to!

So that said my wife and I have not missed a home game against PC in 30 years (even those "home" ones in Providence).

Anyone on this board who can sell 4 PC tickets... they will get used by a loyal family of four... both our kids have never missed a PC home game (often cheering from the "front pack" rig)... they are teenagers now and can belt out the PC SUCKS chant on demand. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
We're... We're going streaking! We're going up down the quad and to the gymnasium! Who is in? Let's Go Rhody!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

OldSchoolRhody wrote: 4 years ago So we are ski family and normally buy a 5 game mini-plan - and focus on weeknight games when the box office would mix and match. We wanted to do that this year to get the PC game - and no deal... were told we would have had to buy three games we could not go to!

So that said my wife and I have not missed a home game against PC in 30 years (even those "home" ones in Providence).

Anyone on this board who can sell 4 PC tickets... they will get used by a loyal family of four... both our kids have never missed a PC home game (often cheering from the "front pack" rig)... they are teenagers now and can belt out the PC SUCKS chant on demand. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Why not buy the 5 game mini plan and go to PC and WKU games. Then sell the other three games.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

The reason I don't do any winter sports is specifically because it would interfere with going to basketball games.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Has anyone heard any read on ticket sales? Are we trending up vs last year? Given the strength of schedule and anticipated strength of the team I would hope we break attendance records this year.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Has anyone heard any read on ticket sales? Are we trending up vs last year? Given the strength of schedule and anticipated strength of the team I would hope we break attendance records this year.
Very doubtful that a new record is set. The highest average attendance (6,217) in the 17 year history of the Ryan Center came in a very special year. The 2017-18 season was much anticipated with a very experienced returning core and high expectations. It came after the first NCAA appearance in 18 years. Rhody then had a long win streak after the holidays and was ranked for a good portion of the year. Those conditions led to far more in season walk up type sales which are the real difference maker for Rhody hoops attendance. URI can typically always get a decent crowd of 4-5k for most all games off its season ticket holders and students. Getting above that is very much dependent on the more casual fans jumping on the bandwagon.

I do not think the expectations are the same for this upcoming year and the very difficult OOC schedule will make it hard to gain any momentum. I therefore think it unreasonable to think attendance records will be set.

RYAN CENTER URI HOME ATTENDANCE BY AVERAGE
SEASON | GAMES | TOTAL | AVERAGE | POST SEAS
2017-18 | 16 | 99,466 | 6,217 | NCAA
2007-08 | 15 | 88,731 | 5,915 | NIT
2018-19 | 14 | 81,153 | 5,797 |
2003-04 | 17 | 97,762 | 5,751 | NIT
2002-03 | 17 | 96,194 | 5,658 | NIT
2014-15 | 16 | 86,461 | 5,404 | NIT
2008-09 | 14 | 74,196 | 5,300 | NIT
2009-10 | 17 | 88,853 | 5,227 | NIT
2016-17 | 16 | 82,761 | 5,173 | NCAA
2005-06 | 16 | 76,150 | 4,760 |
2015-16 | 17 | 80,198 | 4,718 |
2004-05 | 14 | 65,227 | 4,659 |
2010-11 | 16 | 72,598 | 4,537 | CBI
2006-07 | 15 | 67,293 | 4,486 |
2013-14 | 16 | 71,058 | 4,441 |
2012-13 | 15 | 64,368 | 4,291 |
2011-12 | 15 | 57,428 | 3,829 |
TOTAL | 266 | 1,349,897 | 5,075 |
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I do think the expectation is that URI will have a postseason chance...NCAA/NIT. And we are also coming off our most successful attendance season in a year we did not qualify for a postseason tourney, whereas the interest garnered during Hurley years still seems to be strong. While the schedule is tough, it also brings with it 6 games that should be guaranteed 6K+ in attendance - Alabama, PC, WKU, VCU, Davidson, Dayton. With a few of those hopefully selling out if we are playing as expected. That should help the numbers.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I believe there are 6 games in which the students won't be on campus. That's a lot, almost half the games. That will hurt attendance numbers.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

PC-sell out
Ala- prob sell out
WKU - will not sell out but may get a good crowd thanks to PC 5 game plan BUT students are not on campus
Davidson- no students on campus- Wed night in January- will not sell out

The LIU/Nichols St./Manhattan games will be a drag on average attendance #s- All weeknight games-none included in plans
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

But we always play a few cupcakes, low level games. And we always have a chunk of games when students aren’t on campus. What we don’t always have is PC at the RC, plus 5 other home games against Top 75 opponents in a year when we expect to Dance or come might close. It would be disappointing if average attendance isn’t at or above 6K in my opinion.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago I believe there are 6 games in which the students won't be on campus. That's a lot, almost half the games. That will hurt attendance numbers.
What are the 6 games?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago I believe there are 6 games in which the students won't be on campus. That's a lot, almost half the games. That will hurt attendance numbers.
What are the 6 games?
Looked again. There's 5, but that's still a lot.....Manhattan, WKU, Richmond, Davidson and LaSalle.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Has anyone heard any read on ticket sales? Are we trending up vs last year? Given the strength of schedule and anticipated strength of the team I would hope we break attendance records this year.
The email confirmation on getting the extra tickets for donors went out today.
It mentioned the limited ticket availability was due to the increase in season ticket and mini-plan demand this year.
I take that as a good sign.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

A recent email seems to indicate the exhibition game against RIC is General Admission.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

gazakaza wrote: 4 years ago Just a heads up for everyone. Tickets for the brown game have gone on sale on their website. Tickets are $20 flat with no fees with seats directly behind the bench. Just picked up 4 for a bunch of us to go.

Here’s the link:
https://www.nmnathletics.com/tickets/Bu ... eservation
Got my tickets yesterday.
Love the game at Brown over the Holidays!
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I cannot use my 4 tickets to the RIC game. Assuming that they come in the mail with my other season tickets, would anyone like them?
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago I cannot use my 4 tickets to the RIC game. Assuming that they come in the mail with my other season tickets, would anyone like them?
I can make sure they get put to good use.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

When I bought my mini-plans, Tyler told me that the free RIC tickets are GA and would be sent in an e-mail.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Urifan91 wrote: 4 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago I cannot use my 4 tickets to the RIC game. Assuming that they come in the mail with my other season tickets, would anyone like them?
I can make sure they get put to good use.
They are yours if they are in with my season tickets.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Just got a front row seat behind our bench at the Pizza Hut Arena. Thanks for the tip fellas! (and Ladies too)
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

OhioRam32 wrote: 4 years ago Anyone know when single game tickets become available?
This Friday @ 10am, Oct 18th
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

If anyone else is looking to get rid of RIC tickets, I'm gonna be going with some fellow Alums but I only have 2 tickets.
Looking for 3 but with GA will take from whoever is willing to give. Thanks in advance.
RamIt!
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RamIt! »

Tickets going out today... there were two people from URI sorting through them at the Wakefield PO, getting them ready to send out!!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Wakefield?! there's a po right here in west k....now, it's probably going to take an extra day to get ours... :(
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......wish they had some sorta event where the tickets could be picked up.......Whalers Brewery with local pizza......or?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago .......wish they had some sorta event where the tickets could be picked up.......Whalers Brewery with local pizza......or?
That be fun, a great idea!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Wakefield?! there's a po right here in west k....now, it's probably going to take an extra day to get ours... :(
My man, the Kingston and West Kingston PO are like in the Stone Age compared to the Wakefield branch.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Wakefield?! there's a po right here in west k....now, it's probably going to take an extra day to get ours... :(
My man, the Kingston and West Kingston PO are like in the Stone Age compared to the Wakefield branch.
They only have stamps you have to lick :D
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not true, we get stamps there all the time...not a big variety/selection, but no lickers :lol:
We got our 'perfect attendance' pins today...handwritten envelopes. According to the above, we're talking 2 people sorting thru envelopes. Doesn't seem Rhody mailings require a big modern tech component? At some point, probably pretty soon...there won't even be paper tix will there?

Aside...the West Kingston PO is nice, with little glass doors and combo locks on the boxes...an awesome, quaint slice of Americana... ;)
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Last I heard the pony express still picks up and delivers there ha ha
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

My season tickets arrived today!

🎉🎉🎉
Slava Ukraini!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

Not true, we get stamps there all the time...not a big variety/selection, but no lickers :lol:
We got our 'perfect attendance' pins today...handwritten envelopes. According to the above, we're talking 2 people sorting thru envelopes. Doesn't seem Rhody mailings require a big modern tech component? At some point, probably pretty soon...there won't even be paper tix will there?

Aside...the West Kingston PO is nice, with little glass doors and combo locks on the boxes...an awesome, quaint slice of Americana... ;)
The Narragansett PO is definitely historic, WK PO is like going into a legit time warp. I had to mail something out about a week ago at the gansett one, walked in- had 50 cents, was told it was 55 cents, went back out to my car to get a nickle. Man talk about that inflation! Guess I won't send out Christmas cards this year. :roll: :lol:
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Anyone purchase tickets to the VCU game today? Headed to Virginia not sure if anyone else is thinking about it.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago My season tickets arrived today!

🎉🎉🎉
Same! Picked 'em up at that awesome, quaint facility known as the West K PO :lol:
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Season ticket holders received an email this morning with the right to buy single game tickets today and tomorrow before they go on sale to the general public on Friday (PC game excluded). If you are looking for single game tickets hook up with a season ticket holder you know to get better seats.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

It sure would be nice for URI if it were to ever have a situation like that of Dayton:

Dayton Flyers seeing historically-high season-ticket renewals
https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... OJsvsJNPK/

There have been 11,457 season tickets sold, and deposits have been put down on 335 more. UD holds 1,100 tickets per game for students and more for visiting teams and its own internal demands.

11,457 + 335 + 1,100 = 12,892 sold or reserved seats before the sale of any single game tickets
UD Arena has a 13,435 seat capacity
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Never ever happen.

Dayton is a city with not much else to do besides Flyer games.

URI is in the middle of a cow farm in the middle of nowhere. Getting 6000 on average to come to a game, especially with a 2 lane road being the only way in and out, is pretty good nowadays.

At least they paved 138.....so my car won't disappear into a pothole anymore.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

gazakaza wrote: 4 years ago Anyone purchase tickets to the VCU game today? Headed to Virginia not sure if anyone else is thinking about it.
I live in VA so I'll be there.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Still waiting for Maryland to send tix to our ticket office for the game down there. I need 7 and don't understand why they have not responded to the requests of URI. Common decency is to answer our questions.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago Still waiting for Maryland to send tix to our ticket office for the game down there. I need 7 and don't understand why they have not responded to the requests of URI. Common decency is to answer our questions.

THERE IS NO COMMON DECENCY IN MARYLAND

I saw tickets for as cheap as 8 dollars for this game on various ticket sites.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Never ever happen.

Dayton is a city with not much else to do besides Flyer games.

URI is in the middle of a cow farm in the middle of nowhere. Getting 6000 on average to come to a game, especially with a 2 lane road being the only way in and out, is pretty good nowadays.

At least they paved 138.....so my car won't disappear into a pothole anymore.
Wait...what?! There's a cow farm out here? Where????
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Basketball has always been huge at Dayton . When I was there from '68 to '72 I believe there were 160 intramural basketball teams and
16 leagues with about 1400 players and there were only 6000 full time students and only about 2800 males . Games were played at the old field house and some were played at the Arena . Everyone got to play at least one or two at the Arena which was opened in '69 .The winner of the championship
got to play the freshman team as a double header with the final varsity game annually . freshman were not eligible to play on the Varsity then. Dayton
lost the NCAA finalin '67 to UCLA led by Lou Alcindor AKA Kareem Abdul Jabbar and won the NIT in '68 when only 24 teams played in the NCAA Tournament .
In '74 they lost in triple overtime to Bill Walton and UCLA . So Dayton has a long history of basketball fanaticism that continues today. I think the
size of the intramural program really contributed to attendance and probably still does . No student ticket will ever not be used . How large is the
intramural program at URI ? URI needs to reach higher heights it appears to attract bigger numbers . I would say that Dayton's attendance is a tribute
to tradition and loyalty that developed in the past more so than there is less to do in Dayton . Personally, I arrived at Dayton from NJ with a passion for basketball that was not uncommon and included many like me from NJ and NY , the same as URI . That passion for basketball has remained . Now I travel about 5 hours to RI for about 8-9 games a year including a 5 game mini plan .Now I love the Rams and find it hard to understand how they don't sell out
practically every game . Well, maybe with continued success it will come
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Good story Luke. Basketball is big in Ohio. I don’t think it’s because there is not much else to do there. Dayton is not. Dry far from Cincinnati so you have pro football and baseball close by.
Fact is Dayton Basketball fans are very loyal and love their team. I have seen URI play at Dayton several times. They serve beer there and everyone has a good time socializing, networking. Arena is easily driven to.
Love the atmosphere there.
There is a reason the NCAA chooses to hold the play-in NCAA Tournament Games in Dayton Arena year after year. Just glad Dayton is in the A10 - would be a huge loss if they ever left.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The only conference Dayton would leave the A10 for, is the BE.

Now that UConn makes 11, I doubt the BE expands for a very long time, if ever.

11 makes it easy to schedule 20 league games.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago The only conference Dayton would leave the A10 for, is the BE.

Now that UConn makes 11, I doubt the BE expands for a very long time, if ever.

11 makes it easy to schedule 20 league games.
Adding to that, Xavier would do everything it could to prevent Dayton from getting into the Big East. It already won't even play the Flyers anymore since it got into the BE despite having an intense 150 game rivalry dating back to 1920 and being just 50 miles apart.