Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

That’s a throwback jersey? To what year? 2015?
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Those have to be the leftovers from the giveaway last year. I forgot which home game, I think UMass during Spring break. Wore mine to the beach a couple times this summer.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

They are giving jerseys away to season ticket holders who signed up by a promotional deadline earlier in the year. I am sure they ordered extra for the Ruckus promo.
“We will be good when we are good.”
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago

It's surprising they get any fans then :oops: Where do the 6,000 people come from?
The discussion is about Young Alumni. Look around at the 6000 next game and tell me how many are 60+ and 22 and under. There are to many old people. Just like at the Dunk.

Place was built for 7700. I wouldn’t be bragging about 6000 average.
And a lot of tickets go at bargain prices, free to schools, bury one get one free, $10 to be a student, very low cost Young Alumni Tickets, etc.

I’d love to be VCU or Dayton with regular sellouts and a StubHub sellers dream but we are a long way from that - and this is with good Hurley/Cox competitive Top 4 in Conference teams. These are not Baron Teams.
Too many old people over 60. ....I'm 62..... Should I stop going?
Right behind you at 61. Don't worry ... 60 is the new 55. :D
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Hey guys, I'm looking at tickets on vivid seats and the like and it looks like the only sections available anywhere in any game are in 309 311 and 103.

Why is that? Have the other sections just sold out or have they not gone on sale yet?
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Hey guys, I'm looking at tickets on vivid seats and the like and it looks like the only sections available anywhere in any game are in 309 311 and 103.

Why is that? Have the other sections just sold out or have they not gone on sale yet?
I don’t think single game tickets have gone on sale yet.
Slava Ukraini!
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Hey guys, I'm looking at tickets on vivid seats and the like and it looks like the only sections available anywhere in any game are in 309 311 and 103.

Ok I didn't think so. Trying to make sure.

I wanna get some good seats for the Alabama game.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

My memory gets weak, but wasn't there a promotion during season ticket sign up to get an authentic jersey for like ten bucks? I think I bought two but who knows.
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I don’t think single game tickets went on sale until mid October last year. The ticket office/marketing wants to push the mini packs first and those sales will slow down if single game tickets go on sale too soon.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago

That could also be season ticket holders putting their seats up for sale since they already know what their seats are.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago

That could also be season ticket holders putting their seats up for sale since they already know what their seats are.

Not sure about 309 or 311, but I can tell you Sec 103 does not have any season ticket holders - it's the visitor's section.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

Not sure about 309 or 311, but I can tell you Sec 103 does not have any season ticket holders - it's the visitor's section.
I know 311 sure does (it's where my tickets are).
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I know 311 sure does (it's where my tickets are).
Even so, Vivid showing tickets available in sec 103 would not be from URI season ticket holders. These tickets would be for family and friends of Alabama. Plus, no one physically has their tickets yet, albeit paid for, so I'm not even sure how Vivid lists them.
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

Though 103 is where some VT tickets are, there are season ticket holders in 103.
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

EasyEdBrown wrote: 4 years ago Though 103 is where some VT tickets are, there are season ticket holders in 103.
Not that I've seen? 104, yes. 103 I've mostly seen fans for whatever team we're playing that night.
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Last edited by EasyEdBrown 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I’m assuming 103
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

The sellers either have season tickets or they are speculative sales - The seller does not have the tickets and upon sale hopes to fulfill the deal by obtaining tickets at a lower cost.
This happens all the time. There was a recent Super Bowl in which there were a ton of speculative sales and the sellers couldn’t fulfill the deals due to high demand/prices. Many people were out $ and tickets. The kicker is the the travel cost for a game they never got to attend.
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Last edited by EasyEdBrown 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......my observations of the years is that 103 is yes, reserved for visitors fans, however there are often way more seats than visitors fans, not at all sure how those seats are filled......of course in the first couple of rows off the court, the view is NFG......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

That’s exactly my take 105. Based on where I have sat in the past/walked around behind the benches and scorers table, I notice it’s mostly visitors or open seats. Last time I recall 103 fully having Rhody fans was back when 103-105 were the student sections.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

I think there was some discussion earlier, but I spoke to someone in the ticket office the other day and they confirmed that groups will be seated in sections 107-109 and as those sections fill up, seated in 209. Last season these seats were initially reserved for student athletes but eventually filled in with promotions/groups
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Any other upgrades/changes coming to the Ryan this year?
GO RAMS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......expecting no upgrades or changes(unfortunately) in the free food in the pregame Alumni Lounge......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Let’s keep this thread clear of ticket questions
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago Let’s keep this thread clear of ticket questions
I'm pretty happy to see a post from you my friend.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I'm pretty happy to see a post from you my friend.

HEAR HEAR !

welcome back
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Welcome back ATP!

'Allow me to reintroduce myself'

Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Yessssss!! THIIIIS!!!! ^^^^^^
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Great to see you here! Hope you're doing OK.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Godspeed ATP, you got a village behind you!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I continue to wonder why in every post season survey when they ask about bringing beer back to seats, why they don’t finally allow that to happen?
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago I continue to wonder why in every post season survey when they ask about bringing beer back to seats, why they don’t finally allow that to happen?
I'm just curious if anyone has been to sporting events elsewhere where you could buy beer, but had to consume it in a giant cubicle, from which you can't see the action. Is this sitch that we have - which is way better than prohibition - unique in all of America? "Must drink beer in cage" ? I don't like it, but kinda used to it now...altho the pocket pub revival is a thing...
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago I continue to wonder why in every post season survey when they ask about bringing beer back to seats, why they don’t finally allow that to happen?
I'm just curious if anyone has been to sporting events elsewhere where you could buy beer, but had to consume it in a giant cubicle, from which you can't see the action. Is this sitch that we have - which is way better than prohibition - unique in all of America? "Must drink beer in cage" ? I don't like it, but kinda used to it now...altho the pocket pub revival is a thing...
The only "cage drinking" I can ever recall was 40 years ago at the Tunbridge World's Fair (Tunbridge, VT). Wild situation - they would cage in the area underneath bleachers (for tractor pulls and the like); beer consumption was off the charts. Since the town only had one major road in and out, the local police would then position themselves along the road and nab DWI's. If I recall, it was one of the last fairs with strip shows as well....but I spent a lot of time in the cage, so my recall isn't the best! :lol:
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Went to the big house last weekend to see Michigan take on Army, unbelievable scene and hell of a game. My takeaways were, no alcohol within the stadium, but drink as much as you want during a tailgate. (this is more football-related), but URI needs to involve alumni to show more school pride with the fight song/alm mater song. Cheerleaders band /marketing or whoever need to raise this as a point via email phone banners ect. It really makes a difference and would make the game and atmosphere much more enjoyable. Plus it helps home court. URI is no Michigan, but we should strive to be.
GO RAMS
Victorino
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Victorino »

Anyone traveling to Ryan Center via Old North Rd from the North knows how horrendous that road is, potholes everywhere. URI should get someone to fix this mess, it’s embarrassing.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Victorino wrote: 4 years ago Anyone traveling to Ryan Center via Old North Rd from the North knows how horrendous that road is, potholes everywhere. URI should get someone to fix this mess, it’s embarrassing.
Wouldn't maintenance of that road be the responsibility of the town of South Kingstown? I don't believe it is part of campus.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago
Victorino wrote: 4 years ago Anyone traveling to Ryan Center via Old North Rd from the North knows how horrendous that road is, potholes everywhere. URI should get someone to fix this mess, it’s embarrassing.
Wouldn't maintenance of that road be the responsibility of the town of South Kingstown? I don't believe it is part of campus.
Correct, that is SK's responsibility. Campus roads are actually in good condition (maybe excellent condition compared to the rest of RI's roads).
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Correct, that is SK's responsibility. Campus roads are actually in good condition (maybe excellent condition compared to the rest of RI's roads).
Rt 138 coming from Richmond was resurfaced this summer. So those of us coming from the west have that to look forward to.
Slava Ukraini!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rt 138 coming from Richmond was resurfaced this summer. So those of us coming from the west have that to look forward to.
I come through Rt 108 to 138 and nearly the whole stretch of Rt 108 has some kind of patchwork paving because of a National Grid (I think) project that's been going on for about 4 years. lol
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

And those of us living in West K that shop in Richmond love it - don't forget, most of it is 25 mph ;).
The 108 to 138 stretch...brutal. I remember it was miserable a couple years ago, then they fixed it, and it was nice (I think I even posted about it here), but now with this recent whatever-they-did...they put it back together crappy again...
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Who is going to the Season Ticket Holder Appreciation event at the Ryan Center Thursday night?
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Who is going to the Season Ticket Holder Appreciation event at the Ryan Center Thursday night?
I am
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Dino611 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Who is going to the Season Ticket Holder Appreciation event at the Ryan Center Thursday night?
I am
.......going for sure, see some of you there, looking forward as this event for me kicks off my hoop season........want to do the eye ball test on the players up close......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I’m going. I’m a bit shy in person so I feel a bit intimidated. However I would like to see the younguns in person.
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Could see Leggett’s commitment on the video board.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

I’m going. I’m a bit shy in person so I feel a bit intimidated. However I would like to see the younguns in person.
......Wees all that are going maybe can try to together at some spot there tonite......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Nice event tonite...had to leave around 730ish, but got to connect with some KB board'ers, Thorr, a few players, have a beer on the new football field...shot a brick and a wicked airball from the free throw line...good times!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......nice event, I am going to give the women’s team more attention, I like the Coach.......disappointing that there was no formal intro of the mens team Coaches and players, I do like our size, hopefully that translates to a real deep rotation of players in an up tempo style.....Go Rhody.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Can someone explain to me why they are gonna stop letting students sit in the opposite side (107, 108, 109)? It’s already hard enough for students to get into big games so why allocate less seats for them? It also looks better on tv when there are students on each side