Any scouts in the house?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Any scouts in the house?

Unread post by sbrand »

Hey everyone. I have been approached by several high school players requesting my scouting services which are non existent. Does anyone want to communicate with these kids? I have video on one. Of course that does not reveal his talent,

There is one common denominator- they want to play for Rhody. I have no interest in approaching the team on this subject.

I can be reached at slbrandtennis@gmail.com.

I just want these kids to get a chance or direction.

Thanks
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Re: Any scouts in the house?

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Are these kids playing aau, year round, for a well known program? The good programs play in the best tournaments and promote their kids through social media. Also some have relationships with college coaches and setup “exposure events” to help the kids.
sbrand
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by sbrand »

I would say no but will I ask them. Thanks.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Urifan91 wrote: 5 years ago Are these kids playing aau, year round, for a well known program? The good programs play in the best tournaments and promote their kids through social media. Also some have relationships with college coaches and setup “exposure events” to help the kids.
If they're not involved in this, as the follow-up post would suggest, are they involved with school ball at least? Usually, one team will lead into the other, and even small areas have AAU and people scouting them at this point. When I worked at Chariho High School, we would have D-II and D-III scouts show up, even in pretty "down" years for the team. Unless you're in a really rural, isolated area, it is rare for a true D-I talent to not get any looks or interest.