Merry Christmas, referees ...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Merry Christmas, referees ...

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

... you'll only have to put up with me one more time.

The Middle Tennessee State game will be my last home game for a long time, as Mrs. Red and I are pulling up stakes and moving to Florida. Rhody basketball is no longer enough to sustain us through these long winters.

One of the best parts of following the Rams has been this board and its predecessor(s), where I've been posting regularly since something like 1996. It's been great getting to know (in no particular order) Section 105, Ben, Neil, ATP, Milan, Rudder (who I believe has the last wearable "JUST SAY NO" t-shirt), Stevie P and EZBuckets (apologies if I left anyone out). I'll still be hanging out here, applauding our success, complaining about our failures and fending off the trolls from a certain institution. But, after 26 years, I'm giving up my tickets and we're headed to someplace sunny and warm.

Maybe I'll start a South Florida chapter of the Slow Break Club.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Merry Christmas, referees ...

Unread post by TruePoint »

Good luck, Red. Congrats! Part of what makes this place great is that it shrinks the world for Rhody basketball fans.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

Goodluck to you, I did it and came back twice due to my wife and her family. Whole different world down there
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Enjoy FLA...lived there for 6 years and would still be there...but, chose to stay married instead ;)
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Good luck Red! Spent a big chunk of my life in the West Palm Beach area.
We both have kids that went to that "leg humper" university. Keep carrying the torch against that other un-named college on the site of a mental institution.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Icon!!!! Godspeed!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Red,
Will miss you dearly.
Where is South Florida are you headed to?
Pee Cee fans will be sad
Best of luck
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 5 years ago ... you'll only have to put up with me one more time.

The Middle Tennessee State game will be my last home game for a long time, as Mrs. Red and I are pulling up stakes and moving to Florida. Rhody basketball is no longer enough to sustain us through these long winters.

One of the best parts of following the Rams has been this board and its predecessor(s), where I've been posting regularly since something like 1996. It's been great getting to know (in no particular order) Section 105, Ben, Neil, ATP, Milan, Rudder (who I believe has the last wearable "JUST SAY NO" t-shirt), Stevie P and EZBuckets (apologies if I left anyone out). I'll still be hanging out here, applauding our success, complaining about our failures and fending off the trolls from a certain institution. But, after 26 years, I'm giving up my tickets and we're headed to someplace sunny and warm.

Maybe I'll start a South Florida chapter of the Slow Break Club.

Great!! I am here already and have been looking for another Ram Fan in the entire state of Florida. !!!
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

I wish i had discovered this board while i was doing my 2 stints down in Orlando, it was awful trying to keep up
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Good luck to you Red
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Red, hate to see you go! I sometimes mention that I travel an hour and a half each way to Kingston. Let it be known that Red travels further than that. Stay well and enjoy life! Have not and will not quit...that ram fan
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Red!!! Every state needs more Rhody Fans. Go Get Florida!!
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Red good luck. I hope you’ll still post here!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Thanks for all the kind words. Mrs. Rex and I are buying a house on a golf course in West Palm Beach. If you're in the neighborhood, PM me and you can come by for a 'Gansett. We're putting 10 30-packs on the moving truck.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 5 years ago Thanks for all the kind words. Mrs. Rex and I are buying a house on a golf course in West Palm Beach. If you're in the neighborhood, PM me and you can come by for a 'Gansett. We're putting 10 30-packs on the moving truck.
.......the Food Shack and Left Overs(restaurants)in the Palm Beach Gardens area used to have Gansetts in cans.......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 5 years ago Thanks for all the kind words. Mrs. Rex and I are buying a house on a golf course in West Palm Beach. If you're in the neighborhood, PM me and you can come by for a 'Gansett. We're putting 10 30-packs on the moving truck.
I go down for work a bit and I always bring my clubs. I’ll remember to look you up!

You’ll have to get up for some games next year though, it’ll be the best home OOC we’ve ever had!
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Won’t be the same without Red in Kingston, but happy you have lots of fun ahead of you in FL. I will try to come down to see you at the next game.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Good luck in Florida. Looks like you picked a good year to get out of here. Glad you were around to experience the past two seasons after such a long drought.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Best of luck in Florida! Watch out for the Red Tide if you're on the west coast. Safe journey!
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Red good luck in Fla.
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Saw Red yesterday at TF Green. We were on the same flight down to Fort Lauderdale. West Palm Beach is about an hour north of me so we will have plenty of opportunities to get together, have a couple Gansetts, and cheer on the Rams.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RoadyJay wrote: 5 years ago Saw Red yesterday at TF Green. We were on the same flight down to Fort Lauderdale. West Palm Beach is about an hour north of me so we will have plenty of opportunities to get together, have a couple Gansetts, and cheer on the Rams.
Sounds awesome (well, except for the Gansetts part), enjoy!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Congrats Red. Enjoy the warm weather. Maybe the group could get together for a pregame beer in either the Alumni Longue or the beer tent :D before the Middle Tenn game.
“We will be good when we are good.”
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Congrats Red. Enjoy the warm weather. Maybe the group could get together for a pregame beer in either the Alumni Longue or the beer tent :D before the Middle Tenn game.
.........yes, if the Alumni Lounge lets make sure we make it happen....I will be there to do my best to acknowledge Red......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Would love to see everyone. I'm supposed to land at Greene at 3:20 p.m. Fingers crossed.
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Will be there to say goodbye.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Alumni lounge? Rhody Pub?