12/01 | @ Providence Friars | 5PM (FS1)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Re: 12/01 | @ Providence Friars | 5PM (FS1)

Unread post by RIFan »

What a mess...
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

eli#10 wrote: 5 years ago Great defense by Martin. Based on what I have seen so far this season I say Tyrese should now be a starter.
Tyrese has failed to show he can score. Not a starter. But who is?
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Our shooting is atrocious. ALL YEAR!! Trying hard to pull something positive from today's performance and I can't. These guys needs to stop mind-f*cking themselves and start dropping some shots, or this year is going to be brutal.
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

RIFan wrote: 5 years ago Wow Steve McDonald just saying this may be more than a slump, this may be what they are...now he’s trying to walk that back...
I was going to say the same thing, then talked myself out of it.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I will regret this post. But I am out on Cox. He’s letting a player run his team. Fatts and Dave Cox cost us this game.

Fatts has phenomenal potential. He is a mental wreck right now. Dave Cox let him decide this game. Dumb shots. Awful turnovers. Me first play looking for a number 1 jersey worthy effort.

Cox should’ve sat him 2 games ago. He didn’t.

This is an embarrassment. Cox is too passive to ever be an effective D1 coach. He’s an amazing person. Great family man. Solid bench coach and awesome recruiter.

But he is not a head coach. He doesn’t possess the stones to stand up to his own players and is letting his “number one” walk all over him to keep playing time up.

I’m sick and I hate everyone who ever doubted how dan Hurley coached this team. We deserved to offer him the contract that he was offered a year too late.

This fan base never deserved someone like Hurley and now we get to continue our march to irrelevance because we don’t have a fan base that cares. Can’t wait for 3 more years of Cox letting his players dictate playing time
And play calling.

We suck. We will forever suck. And I hate the world that I live in.

Go Rhody and I’ll forever be an empty shell of a person because I root for a team that can never be good.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I didn’t think we could shoot any worse. We did. Amazingly though we stayed in the game. I thought Harris got a couple of tough foul calls. Freshman got some good experience. Martin had 8 points and 6 bounds.
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Martin needs to start plain and simple. He gives us more size alongside Harris and Langevine. Fatts needs to come off the bench still play 25-30 min but can't have the ball in his hands as much as he has so far this year.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Per my unofficial numbers, these are URI's shooting figures through six games:

149-386 .386 FG
27-130 .208 3FG
82-127 0.646 FT

This team just can't put the ball through the hoop. Can't even make free throws.

I am afraid that this cannot be chalked up to a slump or a bad game or two. It has basically been there every game and 1/5 of the season is now in the books. It unfortunately looks like this is what they are.
Last edited by RF1 5 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

If you can’t shoot, you can’t win. That’s the story tonight and will be the story for this team all season.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 5 years ago I will regret this post. But I am out on Cox. He’s letting a player run his team. Fatts and Dave Cox cost us this game.

Fatts has phenomenal potential. He is a mental wreck right now. Dave Cox let him decide this game. Dumb shots. Awful turnovers. Me first play looking for a number 1 jersey worthy effort.

This is an embarrassment. Cox is too passive to ever be an effective D1 coach. He’s an amazing person. Great family man. Solid bench coach and awesome recruiter.

But he is not a head coach. He doesn’t possess the stones to stand up to his own players and is letting his “number one” walk all over him to keep playing time up.

I’m sick and I hate everyone who ever doubted how dan Hurley coached this team. We deserved to offer him the contract that he was offered a year too late.

This fan base never deserved someone like Hurley and now we get to continue our march to irrelevance because we don’t have a fan base that cares. Can’t wait for 3 more years of Cox letting his players dictate playing time
And play calling.

Go Rhody and I’ll forever be an empty shell of a person because I root for a team that can never be good.
Oh, we know it was a shit show tonight. But Hurley two years ago was shit show as well before the unbelievable, fairytale run. Don't kid yourself. The fanbase wants to win.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago If you can’t shoot, you can’t win. That’s the story tonight and will be the story for this team all season.
Which then means there won't be a high number of wins come March.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Before this game we were next to last in the nation in 3-point shooting - #352. we should be able to slip into last place in the whole damn country after this abomination of a game.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Can anyone give me any explanation for why Dowtin has been moved off the ball? I don't think it can be described as anything but a massive coaching failure at this point. I get that we need him to be more of a scorer this year, but I still don't get why that means he needs to play off the ball. I think its universally accepted that inserting Dowtin as the point a couple years back completely took the team to the next level on the way to back to back NCAA tournament appearances. Now its like Cox came in and decided to mess with the one and only consistent piece we had coming back from last season.

I know he doesn't have 4 seniors around him anymore to feed the ball to, but put the damn ball in his hands and let him create and make things easier on the young guys. Instead we run one high ball screen, pass the ball and then stand around until someone fires up a horrible shot.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Blue Man a little over the top, but strain of truth in all that.

We are not being well coached and set up to succeed. We are not this inept offensively. Our go-to action is to Cyril on the low block, a novice basketball mind could tell you that is a recipe for disaster with high usage. It seems DC is using PT to build trust, instead of instilling his own way of doing things. That too is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not even sure if great defense kept us from getting blown out, or it was just PC having an equally horrific night. But we just never competed, and we lacked any of the fire we were used to from the Rams the last few years. Body language was again not good, our guys don't look for the FR when they are in there.

This is the 6th game where our Assist to FG ratio was putrid. We don't share the ball. We take a lot of tough shots. Cyril bully ball isn't going to work against good teams. We better find a new plan.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Fatts needs to come off the bench. And Martin as well. And Jeff is our POINT GUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago Can anyone give me any explanation for why Dowtin has been moved off the ball? I don't think it can be described as anything but a massive coaching failure at this point. I get that we need him to be more of a scorer this year, but I still don't get why that means he needs to play off the ball. I think its universally accepted that inserting Dowtin as the point a couple years back completely took the team to the next level on the way to back to back NCAA tournament appearances. Now its like Cox came in and decided to mess with the one and only consistent piece we had coming back from last season.

I know he doesn't have 4 seniors around him anymore to feed the ball to, but put the damn ball in his hands and let him create and make things easier on the young guys. Instead we run one high ball screen, pass the ball and then stand around until someone fires up a horrible shot.
Said the same thing after Game 1. No idea why we are going with Fatts to initiate offense and play de facto 1. We've been doing it since first game. Makes little sense.
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

1. I do think our defensive intensity was good tonight. 2. Shooting sucked, but outside of Fatts shot selection was better. Martin looked to turn a corner in the second half and will be fine in the next few games. 3. Cox needed to keep Fatts on the bench and didn’t. It was not his game tonight and it was obvious. To Fatt’s credit he remained a pest out there but his shot is awful right now. HE IS BETTER THAN THIS!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

We should easily have scored 30 more points.

Hard for me to blame bricklaying on the coach.

Clank.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

FATTS IS HORRIBLE

SIMPLY HOORIBKE RIGHT NOW
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

BENCH FATTS HE SUCKS RIGHT NOW
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Fatts is turning into Akeem Richmond.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Fatts style of play cannot be allowed to continue. Cox has got to get Fatts to completely change his game and sit him on the bench if he refuses. It is not working.

Fatts Russell Shooting through six games:
21-89 0.236 FG
7-43 0.163 3FG
19-28 0.679 FT

I could forgive some offensive issues if he played great D but that is not the case. He is a complete liability on both ends as is right now.

Need to rethink how he is used and what his game should be going forward. Doesn't mean he will never contribute. Need to figure things out. Just cannot be allowed to continue as is.
Last edited by RF1 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago Fatts is turning into Akeem Richmond.
Unfortunately that is who I have been thinking of as well. Akeem had a great percentage from three his freshmen year and looked like he might have potential to challenge Jimmy Baron's career numbers. It completely disappeared his sophomore year and his time shrunk. Then transferred out to ECU.
Last edited by RF1 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Coming from a damn fool who probably prefers Hanes Her Way white briefs
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

New lineup has to be Dowtin, Thompson, Martin, Harris, Langevine.

Fatts, Tate, Preston, Silverio off bench.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

The amount of shots that didn’t go in tonight infuriated me to the core of my soul.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 5 years ago The amount of shots that didn’t go in tonight infuriated me to the core of my soul.
Tonight however was not really out of the norm for this team. This is what they are.

I give them credit for the most part playing defense and playing hard. It is not a lack of effort.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago New lineup has to be Dowtin, Thompson, Martin, Harris, Langevine.

Fatts is 💯 an off the bench guy
theblueram
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago New lineup has to be Dowtin, Thompson, Martin, Harris, Langevine.

I'm not sold on Martin yet. He hasn't proven anything yet. Not that there's an alternative.
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

I’ve had season tickets for 14 years and that is the worst game I have ever attended. Happy the Froars won obviously, but what a shitshow. Poorly played on both sides, coached by both benches, and officiated. And because of all that, the crowd was terrible as well. I couldn’t imagine having less enjoyment in a win.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Last Year PC vs URI
Fatts Russell - 20 pts, 5 rebounds, 7-14 from the field
Makai Ashton-Langford - 12 pts, 6 rebounds, 3 assists

This Year PC vs URI
Fatts Russell - 6 pts, 3 turnovers, 2-13 from the field
Makai Ashton-Langford - 3 minutes, 0 pts, 0 rebounds, 0 assists

#regressing
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago
adam914 wrote: 5 years ago Can anyone give me any explanation for why Dowtin has been moved off the ball? I don't think it can be described as anything but a massive coaching failure at this point. I get that we need him to be more of a scorer this year, but I still don't get why that means he needs to play off the ball. I think its universally accepted that inserting Dowtin as the point a couple years back completely took the team to the next level on the way to back to back NCAA tournament appearances. Now its like Cox came in and decided to mess with the one and only consistent piece we had coming back from last season.

Said the same thing after Game 1. No idea why we are going with Fatts to initiate offense and play de facto 1. We've been doing it since first game. Makes little sense.
Yea I was wondering this since the Bryant game as well. My only guess is that it’s because Fatts and Dowtin aren’t a great fit together. They both have played at their best as the main ball handler (Dowtin in way more games than Fatts) so ultimately Cox needs to figure out how the team is at it’s best with those two on the court.

And to be fair, if Fatts was playing closer to what people expected this year I don’t think it would be such a questionable decision. Although given what we’ve seen from Fatts at this point I don’t think there’s any way Cox can continue to let Fatts play the point over Dowtin. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now because I still had hope Fatts would get out of his slump today but hopefully Cox will make a change against Holy Cross.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

We make 6 more of those 12 missed FT’s (5 misses belong to Fatts) and 2 more three’s We win this game. Coach cannot put the ball in the basket for anyone. For the life of me I don’t recall the board being this hard on Danny after his first six games here. I’m as disappointed as anyone, and I was in the arena tonight, but NO ONE had the stones to do anything. They knew if they allowed Cyril to score, they had to contain Jeff. They swarmed him whenever he touched the ball, that’s why they tried to free him up on screens, but Jeff wouldn’t pull the trigger or attack. Providence was not good tonight, defensively we stifled them as well, but we found a way to get in our own way, AGAIN.

6 games in and people jumping ship on Cox and the team is disgraceful. I’ve personally seen enough, and this is more stressful than it should be. Maybe I’m having a Blue Man moment, but this is my last post on this forum. Fans are entirely too fickle, fair weather and bi-polar.

I’d say it’s been fun, but this emotional roller coaster here is too much to stomach after every loss. Especially 6 games into a 30 game season for a FUCKING FIRST YEAR HEAD COACH AND A TEAM OF FRESHMAN, AND ONE RETURNING STARTER.

I am what I am, a loyalist at heart, I love this team, win, lose or draw, but this place is bad for my health.

Go Rhody!
Last edited by DC_Rams 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

Cox mistake so far this year is to think that the shorter guard needs to run the point. The point guard with point guard talent should be the 1. Jeff is wasted as the 2. Not his spot. So now two positions on the floor have been sacrificed. What a mess and what a shame. There is only one primary one guard. JD. Many 2/3 guys on this team (Christian, Fatts, Omar, Tyrese). The look on Jeff’s face? It’s obvious he’s not on board with the current approach.

Missed many opens, but lots more of them were missed forced shots. I continue to hope for some offensive sets during a game that looks like we have practiced it once or twice before. Saw five screens tonight that were helpful on offense. We will make more shots when we start working some old school offensive principles.

We will be fine by February I hope, but this is soooo frustrating. Sorry to whine.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PCFriars wrote: 5 years ago I’ve had season tickets for 14 years and that is the worst game I have ever attended. Happy the Froars won obviously, but what a shitshow. Poorly played on both sides, coached by both benches, and officiated. And because of all that, the crowd was terrible as well. I couldn’t imagine having less enjoyment in a win.
PC did not look good either. They however looked less worse and the score reflected that.

Based on the early results thus far this season, I don't think any RI teams will be dancing in March. URI will be lucky to be .500 or over. PC will have a better record and metrics for being in the BE which might mean an NIT invite.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I'm willing to give everybody the benefit of the doubt due to inexperience. Cyril and Jeff will be fine. I'm confident that Jermaine will become a consistent contributor. And I think Tate has some serious upside. This is going to be a difficult year, but hopefully we will be building toward another great team in a year or two.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

See ya DC. But I have been here since '83. Fatts should be on the bench and Jeff IS our point guard. Has been since last year. And no one that I know of has put this on Cox. Yet.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I am not giving up on Coach Cox or even Fatts. Both need to figure things out. We lost our coach and a ton of talent and experience from last season. Many of us felt that our freshmen would make an immediate impact and other players would automatically easily elevate their game. That has not been the case and may have been a very unrealistic expectation. This is beginning to look like a rebuilding year. Need to get experience and develop for the future (players and coach). With the A-10 so down, probably not a bad year for it. There won't be many teams in the league this year getting at large bids to either the NCAA or NIT so the odds were against us any way.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago I am not giving up on Coach Cox or even Fatts. Both need to figure things out. We lost our coach and a ton of talent and experience from last season. Many of us felt that our freshmen would make an immediate impact and other players would automatically easily elevate their game. That has not been the case and may have been a very unrealistic expectation. This is beginning to look like a rebuilding year. Need to get experience and develop for the future (players and coach). With the A-10 so down, probably not a bad year for it. There won't be many teams in the league this year getting at large bids to either the NCAA or NIT so the odds were against us any way.
    This is a sour take. I don't really care if other A10 teams get an At Large bid. Just URI.
    RF1
    Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

theblueram wrote: 5 years ago
      RF1 wrote: 5 years ago I am not giving up on Coach Cox or even Fatts. Both need to figure things out. We lost our coach and a ton of talent and experience from last season. Many of us felt that our freshmen would make an immediate impact and other players would automatically easily elevate their game. That has not been the case and may have been a very unrealistic expectation. This is beginning to look like a rebuilding year. Need to get experience and develop for the future (players and coach). With the A-10 so down, probably not a bad year for it. There won't be many teams in the league this year getting at large bids to either the NCAA or NIT so the odds were against us any way.
      This is a sour take. I don't really care if other A10 teams get an At Large bid. Just URI.

My thought is that the A-10 is so down this year, URI would have to have a very gaudy record to sniff even the NIT. The metrics are going to hurt every team in the league making it extremely difficult for any A-10 team to get invites to postseason tournaments. Given URI was probably not going to get mid 20 wins, this season doesn't really matter as far as the postseason goes.
      RF1
      Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago Last Year PC vs URI
      Fatts Russell - 20 pts, 5 rebounds, 7-14 from the field
      Makai Ashton-Langford - 12 pts, 6 rebounds, 3 assists

This Year PC vs URI
      Fatts Russell - 6 pts, 3 turnovers, 2-13 from the field
      Makai Ashton-Langford - 3 minutes, 0 pts, 0 rebounds, 0 assists

#regressing

PC is however no longer starting Ahston-Langford giving him lots of minutes and relying on him to win them games.
      luke
      Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I can't see blaming the coach for this loss . The team was in position to score many, many easy baskets . Sure,they
      still forced up some shots, but there were plenty of uncontested jumpers that weren't even close, and they missed
      many point blank layups and put backs . The only explanation I can find is that they are all not concentrating on shooting
      the ball, they are rather absorbing their surroundings, atmosphere and allowing themselves to feel the pressure . At some
      point I am hoping they will just relax and play the way they play in practice or a pick up game .It also looked like PC started
      to tighten up in the second half too . They were horrendous , while URI continued to be abysmal shooting the ball. I thought
      the Rams played okay in all facets of the game except shooting . Martin seemed to be on the precipice of becoming more
      confident. May be he is finally ready to break out . So if Tate and Silverio can join Harris and Martin as actual scoring threats
      sometime soon, they might just have a team . I am going to be patient and wait for that to happen . What choice do I have
      right now if I want to continue watching the games without becoming suicidal ? Aside from all that, that was about the worst
      shooting performance I have witnessed in a long long time if not ever. We were warned that we were going to have to be patient with
      a young team . I guess those who warned us knew what they were talking about . Langevine showed that his performance thus far
      isn't fools gold as some said . I am not surprised . He has some skillful moves down low that will translate against most opponents.
      He played with confidence though he too missed some gimmies in the paint. At least he didn't choke at the FT line either. congrats
      to him. He gave a strong effort.
      bigappleram
      Ernie Calverley

Cyril’s performance is fools gold when he is our go to guy. By all accounts he has played his ass off, but if he is the focal point of our offense we are in trouble. That’s just not his game, he’s a complimentary piece. Problem is there isn’t any other scoring right now.
      RhodyKyle
      Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Blue Man wrote: 5 years ago I will regret this post. But I am out on Cox. He’s letting a player run his team. Fatts and Dave Cox cost us this game.

And play calling.

This from the guy who lost his shit over the baron 2.0 thread? Didn't you chastise the guy who started that thread for overreacting to a PC loss? Is this Baron 3.0?
      Rhody72
      Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

My have you guys flipped since we have had to play real games. I've seen this all before. The problem isn't Dan leaving but the decision to promote an assistant coach. Don't let Thor off the hook for this decision.
      NCAAs or Bust!
      gorhody89
      ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Clearly in the minority but overall I don't think this was a terrible result, losing by 9 on the road while shooting terrible.

1. Fatts - He is clearly better than this. I don't think he is ever going to be 40%+ 3 point shooter but that doesn't mean he is a future Akeem Richmond by any means. When playing well he has sooooo much more in his toolbox then Akeem ever had. He is likely playing the worst basketball of his career and I am sure is boiling inside as nothing (free throws, layups, obviously 3s) is going for him. Nobody ever looks good while in a terrible slump, even Ken Griffey Jr. looked like a chump at the plate when he was struggling. With much of last year's production graduating a heavy weight was put on this 19 year old kids shoulders to pick up the slack. I am sure he is struggling in between the ears right now and isn't sure how to get back on track. He has been trying to shoot his way out of it and to this point it hasn't worked. I still believe in this Philly kid and have seen too much from him in big situations to sit him on the bench for multiple games just 6 games into the season. I believe in the opposite strategy and believe the team needs to pick up the young fella and let him know that they believe in him and have his back. Confident that he will come around especially when the freshmen start finding their feet and he has more help around him.

2. Martin - 2nd straight game we may have gotten a little bit of a coming out party for a freshmen. This was the most aggressive I have seen him play thus far with 8 points and 6 rebounds. He looked very smooth attacking the basket a few times, specifically on a drive in the second half where he exploded to the hoop between 2 defenders and missed the floater but then after an offensive board hit a 3 in the corner. Kid looks like he might be starting to adjust to the speed and size of college ball and look for him to build on this game going forward.

3. Cyril - lucky to have him he looks like he is good for a double double every time out there as long as he can stay out of trouble. To stay out of foul trouble I think the key is for him not to get the cheap offensive fouls. The only complaint I have there is it seems as though he looks to initiate contact on offense when its not necessary. If a defender has his feet set in the lane don't try and go through him just stick with a little floater off the glass. If you initiate the slightest bit of contact the defender is gonna flop to the ground and likely get the charge called. But overall when building a team we can check a box next to the 4 or 5 spot with Cyril for the next year and a half.

4. I think the expectations this season, particularly early in the season were way too high. We are shooting the basketball at a historically low rate, they may not turn into a team that lights anyone up from the outside but they will shoot better than they have so far. The focus moving forward should just be to improve as simple as that sounds. Develop the freshmen and learn how to play together as a team, a ton of new players who are still just figuring each other out. If they are still playing like this in February then we can start to panic. Trust doesn't just happen it takes time and battles together to develop. Times like now, how they handle this adversity as a team and coaching staff will define their success moving forward in the future.

Lastly the biggest take away from the night was that they did not quit tonight. They are a young team in a tough road setting and the shots were not falling but they scratched and clawed and were able to stay within striking distance.

Keep the faith Rhody! We will be okay.
      Last edited by gorhody89 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
      Clapton is God
      RF1
      Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhode_Island_Red
      Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RF1 wrote: 5 years ago
      Too bad he can't make any lineup changes going backward.
      Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
      RamStock
      Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

bigappleram wrote: 5 years ago Cyril’s performance is fools gold when he is our go to guy. By all accounts he has played his ass off, but if he is the focal point of our offense we are in trouble. That’s just not his game, he’s a complimentary piece. Problem is there isn’t any other scoring right now.
      Cyril is the least of our problems. He is playing hard and probably the only one doing his job. I was thinking this was a building year towards an NCAA team next year. I’m not sure that happens now. Fatts is a complete disappointment and I’m not sure how much the freshman develop to the point we are an ncaa caliber team for next year. Cox is a nice guy who can recruit. It doesn’t look like he is head coach. Maybe Walker helps next year, but not that confident and am expecting no help from Mading or Long for over 3 years. Have some confidence in Hammond, but the A-10 in general looks to have a flat tire and is headed towards a 1-2 at most
      rhodysurf
      Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

There were a lot of missed layups, open 3s, and free throws.... and URI still only lost by 9

I think there is definitely some over reaction here, but the shooting is insane and I have no idea how it is actually this bad