'19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Florida State ---> Syracuse)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Re: '19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Offer)

Unread post by RamStock »

https://www.tallahassee.com/picture-gal ... 1720981002

The only things I could find on his visit was the normal stuff that it was a very good visit and Koprivica and Wiseman went to the FSU game Saturday with potential football recruits also. He commented that FSU had recruited him heavily, but no decision on any commitment was mentioned.
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago As you know Kofi is taking the process slow. He has narrowed it down to 8 schools and just scheduled his first visit to UCONN for next weekend. He likely has 4 more visits after that. Not expected to sign in November.

Koprivica has no other official visits scheduled. He plays for Monteverde Academy in FL. He moved to the US in 2015. He is from Serbia and his parents still live there. He was mentioned in the FBI scandal. It was reported that he was being offered $150,000 to commit to Louisville for 2018. He transferred to Montverde in Dec 2017 (after the scandal broke) and decideD to do a PG year. He will be 19 years old when he graduates. I mention all of this because he probably is not interested in a long recruiting process. There are only two other teams listed as “warm” on 247 (UCLA & USC). He hasn’t visited either and isn’t scheduled to visit.
A lot of people are making predictions of Kofi to UConn today on 247. He hasn't announced any other visits. It seems like he may be off of the board soon.

Koprivica hasn't announced any other visits either so hopefully he had a blast on his FSU visit.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago I was just watching McLeod on IG live practicing with another teammate. They we taking turns with a shooting drill. Dribble and shoot from 12-14 feet. They move their spot a little. You shoot until you hit 10 shots and the other guy rebounds and feeds you. McLeod hit 10 out of 13. The impressive part is he shot them left handed and he is right handed. Are you kidding me. I went back to watch some of his videos and under the basket he shoots with either hand. He seems to be working really hard. He may have started with this effort a year later than other top recruits. Would lead to a late bloomer. Now I really want this kid. Huge potential. Btw, he now measures 7’4”.
I still think he could end up at URI. However, I wonder if he’d go rogue and wait until the Spring to commit or even take a prep year. He never had a ton of interest from schools, and a year to develop against better competition could open that up, kind of like what Tyrese Martin did.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ace wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago I was just watching McLeod on IG live practicing with another teammate. They we taking turns with a shooting drill. Dribble and shoot from 12-14 feet. They move their spot a little. You shoot until you hit 10 shots and the other guy rebounds and feeds you. McLeod hit 10 out of 13. The impressive part is he shot them left handed and he is right handed. Are you kidding me. I went back to watch some of his videos and under the basket he shoots with either hand. He seems to be working really hard. He may have started with this effort a year later than other top recruits. Would lead to a late bloomer. Now I really want this kid. Huge potential. Btw, he now measures 7’4”.
I still think he could end up at URI. However, I wonder if he’d go rogue and wait until the Spring to commit or even take a prep year. He never had a ton of interest from schools, and a year to develop against better competition could open that up, kind of like what Tyrese Martin did.
I don’t think he will do a PG year. If he felt further development before college was important he would’ve played on a circuit AAU team this summer and transferred to a “basketball” high school or prep school this Sept.
“We will be good when we are good.”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Things have gone awfully quiet on the McLeod front.....looks like the FSU visit's gonna happen.....
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

So I’ve never posted before, just read the posts here, but have been somewhat obsessed waiting on this kid. His IG today said “26 days” not sure the significance of that??
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 5 years ago So I’ve never posted before, just read the posts here, but have been somewhat obsessed waiting on this kid. His IG today said “26 days” not sure the significance of that??
Word to the wise, my friend, stop trying to figure this kid out. I did a couple days ago, and I’m a better person, today, because of it. Lol
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 5 years ago So I’ve never posted before, just read the posts here, but have been somewhat obsessed waiting on this kid. His IG today said “26 days” not sure the significance of that??
My guess is it’s the first practice for his high school basketball team. 26 days is Nov 17th.
It could also be the day he plans to sign his NLOI. The NLOI Early Signing Period is Nov 14-21.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago I was just watching McLeod on IG live practicing with another teammate. They we taking turns with a shooting drill. Dribble and shoot from 12-14 feet. They move their spot a little. You shoot until you hit 10 shots and the other guy rebounds and feeds you. McLeod hit 10 out of 13.
Is he still doing that? On IG live showing whole practices/workouts? Wonder who or what that is for.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

But would they accept a verbal? Guess we’ll see.

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Uh oh this would suck
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

It’s happening.
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Kind of feeling like the average guy dumped by the hot girl as soon as the high school quarterback notices her. Hope i'm wrong!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

He was always going to go on this visit, from what I can tell.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

McLeod had 17 at half. His team lost 84-55
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

And that tends to be what happens when a good Phillly basketball school plays one from the suburbs. I have no insight into what McLeod is going to do, but I’m fairly sure the competition he faces for most of this season will not make him better.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

ace wrote: 5 years ago And that tends to be what happens when a good Phillly basketball school plays one from the suburbs. I have no insight into what McLeod is going to do, but I’m fairly sure the competition he faces for most of this season will not make him better.
It won’t, in the least bit. Which is why I believe FSU is leveraging him as a pawn to push a bigger fish to commit.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

If we do lose MCLeod to FSU I am not going to lie it will sting
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Maybe positive for us that Naheem isn’t even mentioned in the discussion about FSU’s PF/C recruiting? It would be great for Naheem to choose us over FSU, but I’d sleep OK if we just ended up as his best option. Really think he could be a difference maker here.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

People show McLeod everything else on Twitter and IG, show him how low a priority he is to FSU. I don’t care if they do call him everyday, that’s easy, to cover their asses, JUST IN CASE.
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

Doesn't seem like he's anything more than a fallback for FSU.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’s on IG Live from FSU’s arena.

I’m betting he commits if they push for it.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago He’s on IG Live from FSU’s arena.

I am betting they don’t push for it.
You flipped pretty quick on this DC Rams.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago

Yeah, because I’m hearing Balsa may be in deeper than most realize. FSU may not want to take the risk.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago

Yeah, because I’m hearing Balsa may be in deeper than most realize. FSU may not want to take the risk.
I agree. If they push it than he will be a Seminole next week. He won’t commit there because he will need the big production buildup on Instagram. The only shot is the relationships we built on his three trips. So far conference, facilities and big time TV has defeated relationships as seen with Bishop and Walker. We will see.
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Not really sure I understand what is going on - if he has a written offer from FSU , isn’t he really in control ? Unless the offer has been withdrawn pending ... in which case he knows he is second in line.

He should reAlize that if he second choice now , no matter what happens this year , he is likely doomed to be a practice player
Player for most of his career at FSU.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Not all offers are actionable. There are offers and then there are offers.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

The staff needs to keep the pressure on him. After two straight years of NCAA tournament wins no need to be intimidated by fsu.

GO RHODY!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Well this is awkward-

RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

ace wrote: 5 years ago Well this is awkward-

Wow! That is big news to say the least-as in 7-3 news! It will be interesting what happens with the recruitment of McLeod and if they continue to pursue with the twin tower approach or Kaprivica playing the power when they are both on the floor. Even more interesting is if McLeod knows yet and what he thinks of it. Maybe we should ask him on instagram
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Wow...
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Have to think the FSU staff leveraged Naheem’s visit to get Balsa’s commitment now. Wonder how Naheem feels about that.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

At least he gets to watch the FSU-Clemson game tomorrow I guess! I think this might be worse than losing out on Bishop or Walker now that this happened. It would be tough to take losing out on McLeod after Koprivica commits while he is on his visit. The center position is the one position that isn't interchangeable in todays college basketball.
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Corey Evans claiming this has no impact on McLeod recruitment. "FSU needs multiple bigs" I find that hard to believe.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Balsa is 7’0”. He isn’t playing PF in today’s college game.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago Corey Evans claiming this has no impact on McLeod recruitment. "FSU needs multiple bigs" I find that hard to believe.
Maybe FSU would be happy to take two centers, but if you’re Naheem do you want to go sit behind another guy for 4 years, or split time with him? Maybe Evans is right from FSU’s standpoint, but hard to say it doesn’t impact McLeod’s situation when he’s the one that has to decide what he wants to do.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’s taking question again on IG, I’m surprised someone hasn’t asked him how he feels about it.
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago He’s taking question again on IG, I’m surprised someone hasn’t asked him how he feels about it.
It’s been asked he just hasn’t responded to the question
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Well this sounds like good news

Now let's get him out of Tallahassee
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Why ask? Just to make him feel bad or look stupid? I know these guys put themselves out there, but they are just high schoolers.

Interested to see how this plays out. Koprivica doesn’t seem like a one and done, but they could still take both. They could lay out a plan for his development that McLeod likes.
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

+1

Leave this whole thing alone and let it play out.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

McLeod retweeting this morning all the comments about his recruitment under tweets about Koprivica from Corey Evans and Evan Daniels.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

If you look at their roster they have a number of 6'8 guys and a guy 6'9 and a 6'10 guy but none of them are listed as centers so they may want two.

Naheem is more likely to play immediately here though.
Unless the rankings are wrong and hes better than the other guy of course...

Feelin good about this one!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

The tweets he is RT are contradictory.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago The tweets he is RT are contradictory.
Most are in the theme of why would he go to FSU to play behind Koprivica.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Edit the list of the roster/scholarships on 247 wasn’t updated. Obiagu transferred to Seton Hall.

They do have two redshirt Soph that are 6’10” and 6’9”.
FSU has 4 commitments and 5 scholarships available. One scholly left.
They are warm on two PFs and a SF that is 6’6”.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Dominant centers in the A10 have an easier road to the show. Than middle of the pack centers in the ACC. It’s a no brained NAHEEM pick RHODY!

GO RHODY!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Naheem certainly isn’t seeing a down to the wire classic today at FSU. Clemson up 45-0 in the third
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago Naheem certainly isn’t seeing a down to the wire classic today at FSU. Clemson up 45-0 in the third
59-10, matches worse loss in program history. Wonder if Naheem left early...kidding