Season ticket holder event Sept 2018

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Season ticket holder event Sept 2018

Unread post by Tom98 »

Looking forward to seeing most of you there. 6:30-8:30.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: Season ticket event tonight at RC

Unread post by adam914 »

Would love to hear an update from you guys that are there tonight.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I will not be there.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

adam914 wrote: 5 years ago Would love to hear an update from you guys that are there tonight.
To summarize it was a great relaxed event that started with tours of the locker rooms, film rooms and the facility. There was beer, wine and food on the court level where most of the people were hanging out and talking amongst themselves. The players and coaches were very approachable. I spoke with Omar Silverio, Ty Boswell and Tyrese Martin. I wanted to talk with Jermaine Harris, but got caught up in conversation. Harris is one big guy. Ty is very open and approachable to discuss any topics. They than announced both woman’s and men’s teams and spoke about both last year and this year. They had several videos that were very good on the tourney and highlights from the last two years. The players got rings that were on the team from last year. Fun time
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

great event although I wasn't there, it seems to get some nice publicity, and I had no idea they get rings!
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

To add some more from tonight:
Omar is back practicing. He had strained his ligament in his ankle. Omar is 6’3”. Practicing at the 1 & 2
Harris is big. Legit 6’9”. He is clearly going to start. Such a nice kid. He is really happy to be at URI. Says yes sir after every question/comment.A
Aeris needs work to develop.
Preston and Tate will see the minutes off the bench up front.
Most popular with the fans for pics & autographs were Fatts, Harris & Cyril.
Everyone is healthy.

Sutton & Carroll were not there. Sutton was covering for Cox at event in Providence. I believe Carroll was on the road recruiting.

Practice facility is going to happen.
Chase Campbell is looking to get a new strength & conditioning area for MBB only by next summer. Cox is supportive and Chase is putting together the plan.
Will post the recruiting news in that section of the board.
“We will be good when we are good.”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Glad to hear you say everyone is healthy because both my friend and I thought Fatts was limping going to get his ring
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I didn’t get into as many conversations as I’d have liked because I brought my 3 year old, but Dana, Tyrese and Cyril all spent some time with my son and were terrific. Everyone associated with URI takes great pride in winning conference championships and NCAA games, and they should, but also nice to be proud of the guys who represent your university in its most visible program.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thanks for all the updates. Good stuff!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......the Dan’s Place food was very good......Steve does is usual great job as MC.....think I might get on board for some womens games......impressed by the size of the incoming players.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Nice event. Players were very open to talk and the freshmen seemed excited to be there. I thought it was a nice turn out. Harris is huge and is a nice kid- took some time to talk to me and my daughter- she was excited to hear he's wearing #0 like her old favorite EC( will save me a couple bucks at the Ram Zone not needing to pick up a new jersey for her).
Dana Tate was outstanding with everyone. He was "working" the free throw contest for most of the night. Very engaging and outgoing. He didn't have to stay there all evening but genuinely looked like he was having fun. Last year the contest was run by staffers.
Glad they started this event and it looks like they'll keep it going.
Last year was my first year as an official season ticket holder and I asked Hurley if they had done the event in the past. He laughed and told me essentially there was no reason to. Gotta love the honesty...
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

During the ring celebration they recognized Tom Moore and Dan Hurley (who get rings). It was a nice ovation for Dan. Coach Cox also recognized Dan.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

What, no cheers or recognition for Tom Moore?
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

:) "Practice facility is going to happen.
Chase Campbell is looking to get a new strength & conditioning area for MBB only by next summer. Cox is supportive and Chase is putting together the plan"

:D :D :D
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhodymob05, care to explain the emojis so I can respond?

I talked with Chase, Coach Cox and Thorr.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Rhodymob05, care to explain the emojis so I can respond?

I talked with Chase, Coach Cox and Thorr.
The emojis are yellow smiling faces because that's awesome news.
GO RAMS
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Re: Season ticket holder event Sept 2018

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Chase Campbell is looking to get a new strength & conditioning area for MBB only by next summer. Cox is supportive and Chase is putting together the plan"

If the Tootell west practice facility isn't happening until 2020
how is the weight area happening next summer?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CHICO 78 wrote: 5 years ago Chase Campbell is looking to get a new strength & conditioning area for MBB only by next summer. Cox is supportive and Chase is putting together the plan"

If the Tootell west practice facility isn't happening until 2020
how is the weight area happening next summer?
Per Chase there will be a temporary location of the new weight room. Then all of that equipment will be moved into the new practice facility area when it is completed.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

They should use that vacant International Sports Institute building as the Basketball training facility
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Ramulous wrote: 5 years ago They should use that vacant International Sports Institute building as the Basketball training facility
.......is there enough space under the existing structure there for hoop courts?......maybe for a tat/ barber shop....
Ram logo via Grist 1938