Rhody Men's Soccer

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Narr9999
Abdul Fox

Rhody Men's Soccer

Unread post by Narr9999 »

I know this is the basketball forum, but since we have on subject on Rhody Football, I wanted to take the time to praise the men's soccer team. Head coach Gareth Elliot and the team go out in the community and give back a lot, just like the other sport teams. Each year the whole team comes on the first Saturday in September for two hours to run a clinic in Narragansett for the kids. Coach Elliot also comes to spring practices to help the girls travel team which is made up of many girls that don't have a lot of experience. I am not a big soccer guy, but last year I watched a URI game and had a great time watching and getting into the action and watching URI beat Marist. Saturday night is Narragansett night and the girls get to walk out on the field with the players before the game. Lets show support to all of our Rhody teams.
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Re: Rhody Men's Soccer

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Yeah man, there's already a thread for this with like 1200 views in the "URI Athletics" section. People here like to support all Rhody sports (well, yknow to varying degrees by personal taste), we just keep things organized so it doesn't become a clusterfuck like some other forums (*cough*Boneyard*cough*) with redundant topics/shitposts everywhere. That football post got moved as well.

But for sure that stuff about the coach is great, there's a lot of people on here pulling for Rhody soccer, me included.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Rhody Men's Soccer

Unread post by TruePoint »

Locking this up. Please see link below to thread with soccer discussion.

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7662

I will leave this locked thread in place in the basketball section for now to make sure anyone that wants to talk soccer sees it and can follow the link over to that discussion.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011