'19 PA C - Naheem McLeod (Florida State ---> Syracuse)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Re: '19 PA C - Naheem McLeod

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He has been pretty transparent. When some posted a comment on his IG Story about committing to LaSalle he responded with No.
“We will be good when we are good.”
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Obviously nothing is a given, but what are the odds we get McLeod? Any insider assumptions?
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

We are the favorite. Until we aren’t.
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Very high imo
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

SandorClegane wrote: Obviously nothing is a given, but what are the odds we get McLeod? Any insider assumptions?
ace wrote: He’s only visited URI, and La Salle and URI are the only schools that have met with him since the recruiting period has started, so...
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

I’m surprised he hasn’t verbelled yet or hasn’t set up more official visits.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

McLeod is getting in some late summer high school league action today- 19 points in a 50-41 loss to N-G in the first game.

I was where the game were supposed to be played (for something else) and was going to take a look, but they had to move the games last-minute because it’s too hot and humid to play here without good air conditioning. The floors were a mess.

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago I’m surprised he hasn’t verbelled yet or hasn’t set up more official visits.
He said that he is coming out with his commitment video on Tuesday.
If you watch his IG story when a friend’s comment is come join me at LaSalle he responds with the circle with a line through it and a light blue hat.
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago I’m surprised he hasn’t verbelled yet or hasn’t set up more official visits.
If you watch his IG story when a friend’s comment is come join me at LaSalle he responds with the circle with a line through it and a light blue hat.
True, forgot about that, Tuesday could be a great day!
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Andrew Slater tweeted this morning that Naheem is taking an official visit to FSU on October 27th. Naheem re-tweeted it.
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

You have to be kidding me.....I thought he said he was announcing on Tuesday? WTF
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

We can’t let this drag out at this point. Cox needs to press for a decision by Tuesday or tell him we have to move on. We can’t get played here. Naheem has visited twice now I believe.... multiple home visits. It’s decision time. If Naheem wants to now wait for Oct 27 it’s tme for plan B and fast.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

FSU is a black hole for 7 footers. They have like 9 of them.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

If we lose him too,this could be ...yikes
GO RAMS
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’s going to commit to a school before than. He’s likely retweeting if for the pub it brings to his name. This kid is in love with himself and social media. He’s a typical high school kid.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Didn’t see or hear anything about his committing on Tuesday. What did you read?
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

He said on Instagram live "I'm announcing on Tuesday the 18th". So we will have to take him at his word until tomorrow.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Oh ok. Missed that. We should be in good shape then.
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

crystal ball now trending for Florida State - https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Baske ... edictions/

I would be surprised if he announced tomorrow
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Florida St must’ve made a strong push, late in the game. Another higher profile school threatens to swoop in and steal a recruit from within our grasp. However, as someone alluded to, FSU is where 7 footers go to ride the pine.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Florida St must’ve made a strong push, late in the game. Another higher profile school threatens to swoop in and steal a recruit from within our grasp. However, as someone alluded to, FSU is where 7 footers go to ride the pine.
No big deal. I guess we have to get Somerville before he signs with Ca State Bakersfield and Mading before he commits to Quinnipiac. Lol.

I think they still end up getting McLeod, but it is strange why he would take the visit to Florida State in late October unless he wanted it out there for social media news. If he doesn’t commit by the end of September you can assume he is gone just like Walker and Bishop. You would think he made some strong friendships with the coaching staff at URI and the players on his official.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RamStock wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago Florida St must’ve made a strong push, late in the game. Another higher profile school threatens to swoop in and steal a recruit from within our grasp. However, as someone alluded to, FSU is where 7 footers go to ride the pine.
No big deal. I guess we have to get Somerville before he signs with Ca State Bakersfield and Mading before he commits to Quinnipiac. Lol.

I think they still end up getting McLeod, but it is strange why he would take the visit to Florida State in late October unless he wanted it out there for social media news. If he doesn’t commit by the end of September you can assume he is gone just like Walker and Bishop. You would think he made some strong friendships with the coaching staff at URI and the players on his official.
Walker's not gone yet unless you have info your not disclosing.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

It's Tuesday.....
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I don’t think he’s announcing today.
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I hope he announces but I am afraid that DC is correct and FSU has gotten to him.
He may be hearing the siren call of the Power conference team.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Maybe but why schedule a visit so far out?

Over a month from now?
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago Maybe but why schedule a visit so far out?

Over a month from now?
October 27th happens to be the day of the Clemson-FSU football game. The FSU campus --and the stadium in particular-- will be lit as they say. It'll be an amazing environment.

Lucky for us (I think) Clemson is going to beat FSU like a drum.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

That also shows how low he is on their priority list. Bishop not coming to URI is likely making him have second thoughts, but I think we are still in it.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

reckless jake wrote: 5 years ago

Over a month from now?
October 27th happens to be the day of the Clemson-FSU football game. The FSU campus --and the stadium in particular-- will be lit as they say. It'll be an amazing environment.

FSU is awful and Clemson doesn't really have those WTF games the last few seasons. It's going to be ugly
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago That also shows how low he is on their priority list. Bishop not coming to URI is likely making him have second thoughts, but I think we are still in it.
That is a stretch. URI is the best serious offer (meaning they would accept a verbal commitment today). That is why McLeod is so interested.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago That also shows how low he is on their priority list. Bishop not coming to URI is likely making him have second thoughts, but I think we are still in it.
That is a stretch. URI is the best serious offer (meaning they would accept a verbal commitment today). That is why McLeod is so interested.
Also, to add to Rhody83, didn't he post on IG or IG live that he is going back to URI on on Sept 29th?

The pic was when he was dwarfing Cyril

That has to mean something? right
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 5 years ago
reckless jake wrote: 5 years ago

Over a month from now?

FSU is awful and Clemson doesn't really have those WTF games the last few seasons. It's going to be ugly
Clemson beating FSU by 50 doesn’t mean a thing. If he goes to the game on their campus we have zero percent chance of signing him. He will either sign this month or he is going somewhere else. Anyone thinking differently believes that we will also sign Walker. We have followed him around and showed him what we have to offer as much any other school. His twitter page is littered with comments from URI fans. He either wants to come here and we close it out this month or he isn’t coming.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

I asked him on his IG live earlier if he was still looking to head back to Rhody for another visit and he said "yeah probably"

I'm hoping we can get a commit out of him this month
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

'Probably' doesn't sound very enthusiastic.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

yeah, I was hoping he was a little more energetic, but I'm still hopeful he's heading back towards the end of the month and that Cox & team can close him
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

When did you ask him this?
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago When did you ask him this?
Around 3:45/4p, looked like he was walking around after school with a buddy of his. I asked him if he was still planning to head back to Rhody for another visit and he said yeah probably. He was half talking and laughing with his buddy so not sure if he was also distracted or what
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Did anybody ask him if he was announcing tonight?
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago Did anybody ask him if he was announcing tonight?
I should have, I had to jump off, I was in the middle of a meeting at work
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

CT, he’s not.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

CT Rhody wrote: 5 years ago Did anybody ask him if he was announcing tonight?
Bird Man asked him yesterday. He didn't respond.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Boswell is in Philly right now.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Unlv ????????
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

It appears the sirens are singing to Naheem.....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

It’s nice the UNLV reporter puts out a poll on Twitter showing McCloud they want another bigman instead.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Well this is unfortunate.

I thought to myself well at least we will land McLeod after losing Bishop and most likely Walker. Now he's not visiting a school until late October? Anyone that thinks this isn't a bad sign is wrong... I was super confident after he posted all over twitter how much he loved his visit with us.

I really hope this 2019 class isn't filled with what could have been. We saw how bad it can hurt us last year if we have a weak class. Had we landed a legit big instead of Akele last years team would of had everything to make a run.

I hate being negative, but I'm worried at this point. Hopefully Cox can close at least one of our key recruits.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 5 years ago Well this is unfortunate.

I thought to myself well at least we will land McLeod after losing Bishop and most likely Walker. Now he's not visiting a school until late October? Anyone that thinks this isn't a bad sign is wrong... I was super confident after he posted all over twitter how much he loved his visit with us.

I really hope this 2019 class isn't filled with what could have been. We saw how bad it can hurt us last year if we have a weak class. Had we landed a legit big instead of Akele last years team would of had everything to make a run.

I hate being negative, but I'm worried at this point. Hopefully Cox can close at least one of our key recruits.
You realize you just mentioned the negative impact recruiting had on the highest rated team in URI history. I would say that is being negative. I would also say that you are being negative on McLeod. All indications are that Rhody is in the lead.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’s on IG Live now I’m case you guys want to check
In
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 5 years ago Well this is unfortunate.

You realize you just mentioned the negative impact recruiting had on the highest rated team in URI history. I would say that is being negative. I would also say that you are being negative on McLeod. All indications are that Rhody is in the lead.

If you don't think we needed more talent in our front court last year I completely disagree. Having a junior big that could of replaced Hass or KI in the starting lineup would have been a big bonus. Especially against teams with size. Akele wasn't good enough. Cyril had some flashes but is still young and inconsistent.

Our team was amazing last year, but we had to worry about certain match ups. That's not a recipe for success when you want to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament.

My point is I don't want to miss on all our main targets in 2019. Our "highest rated team" got spanked in the 2nd round. I know it was against Duke which could not of been a worse match up. I'd like to go further than that when our next couple classes get older.
Last edited by steveystuds06 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING