‘19 PA SG - Dahmir Bishop (Xavier > St Joe’s > FGCU)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: ‘19 PA SG - Dahmir Bishop

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

X has a 4 star guard and SF for 19. Not ideal for Bishop
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

The thought on PC's campus is that Bishop is URI's to lose
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Xavier already has three verbal commits - SF, PF & C. The currently have 11 scholarship players. Ina addition, a 7 ft Fr C that signed a NLOI hasn’t enrolled in school. Included in the 11 players they have 3 that will graduate this year (two F/C and one G). They have three SG returning next year (2 Soph & 1 Fr). They need to recruit a PG. Their priority with the 2 remaing scholarships is to get a PG and another PF. They only have one player returning for 2019-20 that is over 6’7”. They need size.
“We will be good when we are good.”
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody83 wrote:Xavier already has three verbal commits - SF, PF & C. The currently have 11 scholarship players. Ina addition, a 7 ft Fr C that signed a NLOI hasn’t enrolled in school. Included in the 11 players they have 3 that will graduate this year (two F/C and one G). They have three SG returning next year (2 Soph & 1 Fr). They need to recruit a PG. Their priority with the 2 remaing scholarships is to get a PG and another PF. They only have one player returning for 2019-20 that is over 6’7”. They need size.
Good information and hopefully Bishop feels we have a plan for him and that this further justifies that we have made him a top priority recruit. On the other hand if we were able to land a top 100 recruit at URI we wouldn’t care how many guys we had at one position and would secure the high commitment. Rhody83-does Xavier have anyone on their roster that may leave for the NBA early?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I don’t think Xavier has anyone on their roster that would leave early. Goodin is their top returning player. He avg 8.7 ppg last year as a Soph. He did start for them. He was a 4 star recruit in 2016 ranked #78.
Last edited by Rhody83 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

FWIW, I’m not hearing anything locally about Bishop and Temple. Things can always change, but I would be shocked.

As for Temple’s “lame duck” coach- I don’t think that will have too much of a negative effect on recruiting. McKie’s been around for 4+ seasons. I see it as somewhat similar to what went down at URI, only he’s already been announced.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

X recruit Elias King (6-8 wing) is the same type of player as Bishop: slasher who can hit a 3. Wouldn't be a smart move for Bishop.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Xavier's roster 2019-20:
Goodin 6-4 Sr PG
Scruggs 6-3 Jr PG
Harden 6-5 Jr SG
Kennedy 6-5 Soph SG
Marshall 6-7 Jr SF
Hanson 6-7 Jr SF
King 6-7 Fr SF

Jones 6-9 Sr PF
James 6-7 Soph PF
Ramsey 6-8 Fr PF
Freemantle 7-0 Fr C

Two open scholarships
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am confident we get him like 90 %
bacarlson21
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by bacarlson21 »

ace wrote:FWIW, I’m not hearing anything locally about Bishop and Temple. Things can always change, but I would be shocked.

As for Temple’s “lame duck” coach- I don’t think that will have too much of a negative effect on recruiting. McKie’s been around for 4+ seasons. I see it as somewhat similar to what went down at URI, only he’s already been announced.
Temple has backed off Bishop. They have known for a while now there is no chance of them landing him. His family want him out of Philly. This is a 2 team race between URI and Florida.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

bacarlson21 wrote:
ace wrote:FWIW, I’m not hearing anything locally about Bishop and Temple. Things can always change, but I would be shocked.

Temple has backed off Bishop. They have known for a while now there is no chance of them landing him. His family want him out of Philly. This is a 2 team race between URI and Florida.
He's not even taking an official to Florida.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Iggy1979 wrote:X recruit Elias King (6-8 wing) is the same type of player as Bishop: slasher who can hit a 3. Wouldn't be a smart move for Bishop.
It may have no relevance, but King just decommitted, citing family reasons.
bacarlson21
Frenchy Tomlin

Billyboy78 wrote:
bacarlson21 wrote:

Just because it's not listed, doesn't mean he's not still working to schedule it. He only has 4 of his 5 allowed visits scheduled.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

bacarlson21 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
bacarlson21 wrote:
Just because it's not listed, doesn't mean he's not still working to schedule it. He only has 4 of his 5 allowed visits scheduled.
So, is this 2 team race an opinion? Or do you have a good source?
bacarlson21
Frenchy Tomlin

I'm a Temple alum that follows Philly basketball closely. Obviously a lot can change in the next 6 - 8 weeks, but from everything I've been told I'd be very surprised if he doesn't land at URI or Florida.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

bacarlson21 wrote:I'm a Temple alum that follows Philly basketball closely. Obviously a lot can change in the next 6 - 8 weeks, but from everything I've been told I'd be very surprised if he doesn't land at URI or Florida.
Ok, thanks.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop’s friend at Imhotep Tykee Smith who commiteed to WV today for football. Honoring their friend and his teammate Tyhir Barnes who was recently killed. Class act. Bishop was at the announcement at Imhotep today.

ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Tyhir Barnes was killed two years ago following a basketball game. Kristian Marche is the name of the Imhotep student who was recently killed and who had a track scholarship to Penn State. Tyhir was a student at Boys’ Latin.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ace wrote:Tyhir Barnes was killed two years ago following a basketball game. Kristian Marche is the name of the Imhotep student who was recently killed and who had a track scholarship to Penn State. Tyhir was a student at Boys’ Latin.
Sorry I got that wrong. Sad stories to lose a close friend in 2016 and a friend/teammate in 2018. I believe Kristian was on the football team with Tykee. The video starts and ends at a memorial for Tyhir.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop recognized as a standout at NYC Jam tonight. Two on two competition.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop highlights from Top 100 camp.
https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 120855327/
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop’s IG post of his highlights at the NYC Jam this week.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Dah’s birthday today. Happy bday wish from Walker on his IG story. I think they are coming as the package to URI!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Dah was also in Fatts IG Story yesterday.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Dah’s birthday today. Happy bday wish from Walker on his IG story. I think they are coming as the package to URI!
It makes too much sense!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop’s official visits - 4 scheduled
Xavier Sept 7-9
Rhody Sept 21-23
Penn State Sept 28-30
VCU Oct 5-7
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Dahmir’s IG Story today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

More from Bishop
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

"ROAD ISLAND" thats a new one.
GO RAMS
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He has been consistent in his IG stories. He says he hasn’t made any decision. He also doesn’t want to offend anyone.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

What does Fatts have to say about this.................
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

His friendship with Fatts seems strong. Bishop jumps on when Fatts goes live on IG. They chat about beating each other in Fortnite. They hoop together in Philly when it isn’t a recruiting Quiet or Dead Period.

A recruit is told not to say anything. You can’t mention your preference and then go on official visits to other schools.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Checkout Bishop’ IG Story - all the corny things Xavier left out for him. At least it took him 4 hours to get there from Philly airport. He could drive to Kingston in that time.

Edit: handwritten letter from coach states “We are extremely excited to show you why Xavier is the perfect fit. I need you to be the center piece of our 2019 class.”

They had a cartoon of Bishop in an Xavier uniform and in a 76ers uniform with NBA logo next to it.

The part of “I need ....” is a weird approach. Who cares what you need coach. The end of it is telling him he would be the centerpiece. Btw, someone should tell Coach Steele that centerpiece is one word. :)
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He looks mighty cozy at XU.

This whole process is nerve wrecking.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago He looks mighty cozy at XU.

I agree it’s a nervous feeling. I thought in his long video today he seemed uncomfortable. They kept telling him how to pose.
Last night all his IG post were alone. Compare that to McLeod’s day - paint ball game with team, dinner at Matunuck Oyster Bar with Fatts & Cyril, back at dorm loving the A10 Championship ring and then at an outdoor party with a few players. Today at the football game with Tertsea and Omar. #RamFam

The look and features of Xavier’s practice facility is impressive. A major recruiting disadvantage for Rhody vs other schools.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago He looks mighty cozy at XU.

I agree it’s a nervous feeling. I thought in his long video today he seemed uncomfortable. They kept telling him how to pose.
Last night all his IG post were alone. Compare that to McLeod’s day - paint ball game with team, dinner at Matunuck Oyster Bar with Fatts & Cyril, back at dorm loving the A10 Championship ring and then at an outdoor party with a few players. Today at the football game with Tertsea and Omar. #RamFam

The look and features of Xavier’s practice facility is impressive. A major recruiting disadvantage for Rhody vs other schools.
Bishop is a must get for us. If we are to get him committed I can even handle losing Walker, but we have no one even close to replacing him on the recruiting front from his position. If they don’t get Bishop they should go the transfer route rather than get Non A-10 talent. The dream is Bishop, Walker and McLeod with just Bishop and McLeod still a pretty good catch. The worst scenario is no Walker or Bishop. I still think we land Bishop, but Xavier has me nervous. Another Jermaine Harris type decision coming.
4Diffs
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 4Diffs »

This is going to be a tough battle. It always will be if you are trying to pull in top 150 players. I kind of wonder what the thought process was on having the second visit, and not trying to get the first visit. The first visit kind of screams you are the highest priority. I think Rhody 83 said Rhody was trying to get him to visit with Walker, which I guess they have done if they both make it here, but in the process of doing that, Xavier gets the first visit with Bishop, and we will be Walker's third visit after he visits Pitt next weekend.

I am sure it was a calculated decision and I do have a lot of confidence in this coaching staff when it comes to recruiting. I hope the way we recruited Dhamir pays off. He literally has been our highest priority at guard for a long time, and we basically have not actively recruited any other two guards in the process. This is how we recruited Fatts and it did pay off. I hope this approach works for Dhamir as well.

I just read an article about when Xavier offered him back in late June. He was literally the 19th guard that Xavier offered in the 2019 class, and the 40th player overall. Not exactly the centerpiece of their class that they are now telling him that he is. Actions should speak louder than words.
Hopefully, all the hard work and effort and priority that they have made him, pays off in the end.

Here is the article that I referenced above.

https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/big-ea ... 2019-offer
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Baske ... edictions/

not looking good, and possible over with our recruitment for Dahmir. 4 writer/editors have him going to Xavier as of late last night. There must be significant information going around after his visit that he is going with Xavier...upsetting if true. I would think he would wait till after all his visits, but maybe Xavier gave him a compelling case to come play for them.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody coaching staff has in home with Bishop this week.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Don't pay attention to the crystal ball. Not reliable
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

In Bishop’s long IG video where they are taking pics and video of him in Xavier uniform someone tells him he could have that number at Xavier (#1). He gets excited and says really. Well their top 30 recruit from 2017 who is a Soph this year Paul Scruggs wears #1. I wonder what else they lied to him about.
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Baske ... edictions/

not looking good, and possible over with our recruitment for Dahmir. 4 writer/editors have him going to Xavier as of late last night. There must be significant information going around after his visit that he is going with Xavier...upsetting if true. I would think he would wait till after all his visits, but maybe Xavier gave him a compelling case to come play for them.
Wouldn’t worry about 247 predictions one bit. URI still in a good position for him. Time will tell.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

People still believe those predictions?
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

bkoeppen wrote: 5 years ago https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Baske ... edictions/

I still think we get Bishop and hope he values how much more time URI spent on him. I would say there is little to zero percent chance of Walker coming without Bishop. The coaches have worked hard and done everything right, but it would be a bad situation with Bishop or Walker. I would rather not use the scholarships than use them on the remaining players except for McLeod. I’m not that excited about Long. I hope that I’m wrong on him
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Those “accurate” crystal ball predictions also had Jermaine 100% to XU too

Cox and crew have a in-home with him this week, trust the coaching staff and wait till his OV
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Although Evan Daniels and Brian Snow are usually pretty accurate.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Boswell in Philly.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Edit: Boswell and Coach Cox just landed in Philly. I believe that Sutton and Carroll are also with them.
He is probably giving Bishop a ride home from the airport :)
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Rhody83 wrote: 5 years ago Edit: Boswell and Coach Cox just landed in Philly. I believe that Sutton and Carroll are also with them.
He is probably giving Bishop a ride home from the airport :)
In home visit tomorrow with Bishop?