‘19 PA SG - Dahmir Bishop (Xavier > St Joe’s > FGCU)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: ‘19 PA SG - Dahmir Bishop

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think you guys are really going out on a very long limb, here.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

DC_Rams wrote:In his IG post where he announces his Top 8, do you think his jerseys numbers are indicative of anything?
nope
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

TruePoint wrote:I think you guys are really going out on a very long limb, here.
Maybe, but his home team is #1, and we are #2
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

wpbrown8267 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
DC_Rams wrote:In his IG post where he announces his Top 8, do you think his jerseys numbers are indicative of anything?
I wondered that myself. If so, Temple is a serious threat. Could it be that he wants to play close to home?
Maybe you're both on to something, maybe just crazy conspiracy thinking. I put more weight into Iggy's post, guy knows things.

Also its not all #1-8 so some of it is confusing, don't think the numbers thing means much

Temple #1
Rhody #2
Xavier #3 and PSU #3 ???
Florida #4
PC #5
VCU #10 ???
Wake #0 ??
Someone photoshopped those numbers onto the jerseys, just wondering if they had meaning. I know it’s a reach, but who knows.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

i know this might not mean too much either, but we are warmer (#1) vs the rest. Temple is cool

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Dahmi ... Interests/
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Yeah that’s not updated much
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Or, or...now hear me out....he has a #2 Rhody jersey because of his relationship with Fatts? Just spitballing here.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RhodyKyle wrote:Or, or...now hear me out....he has a #2 Rhody jersey because of his relationship with Fatts? Just spitballing here.
:lol:
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

What really matters - only unofficial visit was RI, only announced official visit RI, his comments in interviews is that he likes URI and id friends with Fatts.

Regarding numbers. At Imhotep he was (edit#5 - the hair got me) his Soph year and switched to #1 his Jr year. For K Low Elite he wore #1 home jersey and #7 away jersey.

Last edited by Rhody83 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
“We will be good when we are good.”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody83 wrote:What really matters - only unofficial visit was RI, only announced official visit RI, his comments in interviews is that he likes URI and id friends with Fatts.

Regarding numbers. At Imhotep he was #2 his Soph year and switched to #1 his Jr year. For K Low Elite he wore #1 home jersey and #7 away jersey.

Yes, he had an unofficial to URI. He also has been on the Temple campus many times, obviously because he lives there, but...
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

He's #5 in that pic.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

With the hair trimmed - #5

Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Surprising that Bishop hasn’t announced any other official visits. Could he just go to Rhody and make a verbal commit after if the visit goes well?

Fatts is in Philly for two weeks but can’t play ball with Bishop because this is a Quiet Period. The only contact a recruit can have with a coach or player is on campus.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow that's strange so if Fatts plays a full court pickup game with Bishop at a local playground in Philly that is illegal ???
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

reef wrote:Wow that's strange so if Fatts plays a full court pickup game with Bishop at a local playground in Philly that is illegal ???
Don’t forget a lot of these rules were put in place due to the shadiness of certain coaches. Without this rule or even with this rule somebody like Calipari would have his entire roster up in a certain city for their top target. Too much money involved creates an environment of funny business.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Imhotep track & football star shot and killed this week just days before leaving for Penn State (on a track scholarship). I would think that Dahmir and Fatts knew him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/penn- ... ssion=true
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote:Imhotep track & football star shot and killed this week just days before leaving for Penn State (on a track scholarship). I would think that Dahmir and Fatts knew him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/penn- ... ssion=true
They did. They posted about him on their IG story
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop isn’t out on any visits. Staying in Philly working on his game.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop’s post on his IG story today is a Ram in a zoo and he put on it “Look at @dahhbiship”.
Gotta love that. He is telling us he is a Ram. Btw we need a Ram emoji to use in posts.

No other visits other than Rhody scheduled. Will not be surprised if he verbally commits the Sunday after he finishes his visit.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Could be VCU...
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Could be VCU...
Billyboy you know better than that. A school he hasn’t visited and doesn’t have a visit scheduled (VCU) vs a school he has visited and has announced his official visit to next month (URI).
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote:Bishop’s post on his IG story today is a Ram in a zoo and he put on it “Look at @dahhbiship”.
Gotta love that. He is telling us he is a Ram. Btw we need a Ram emoji to use in posts.

No other visits other than Rhody scheduled. Will not be surprised if he verbally commits the Sunday after he finishes his visit.
Actually he didn’t put “look at @dahhbishop” on it, he took that video from someone else’s IG story and that was that persons caption on it. Nonetheless, still cool that he posted it. Means we are in good shape, for sure.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Could be VCU...
Billyboy you know better than that. A school he hasn’t visited and doesn’t have a visit scheduled (VCU) vs a school he has visited and has announced his official visit to next month (URI).
I was joking.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a second. What if they think a ram is almost the same thing as a goat and it was meant as Bishop being "the GOAT"?
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

RhodyKyle wrote:Allow me to play devil's advocate for a second. What if they think a ram is almost the same thing as a goat and it was meant as Bishop being "the GOAT"?
You may be on to something....
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

They don't know the difference between a ram and a goat. What?!?
Most creative way of announcing a school yet!
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

If someone’s trying to make a Goat reference and they point out a Ram, then that person needs glasses.
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

These are city kids we're talking about. I don't think they see too many farm animals.
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Billyboy78 wrote:These are city kids we're talking about. I don't think they see too many farm animals.
https://youtu.be/5iyXQuxqWHQ?t=46
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Does anyone pay for the 247 service?

DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

woodennickel1 wrote:
DC_Rams wrote:
woodennickel1 wrote:Tone of the article seems to indicate uri is in very good position. He likes the coaches alot he said and also mentioned about Fatts being there. He also mentioned liking Texas because he had a good relationship with Smart . Article also menioned Marqutte and Xavier as factors.
Can you screenshot it?
Bishop adds offers, set to cut list

VIP ByBRIAN SNOW Jul 30, 11:10 AM

Nickel,

Can you share the latest article that shows who Bishop is visiting?

(Photo: 247Sports)
After a very good showing during June at the NBA Players Association Top 100 Camp, Dahmir Bishop became a must watch for many high-major programs in July. Now with the month completed and a solid finish to things with K-Low Elite, Bishop has a long list of schools, and is planning to cut his list and set visits soon.

"Coming into July I had been playing a lot, so I focused on keeping my body healthy," said Bishop of his approach to the key month. "I think I played well, and that things went well."

He continued, "I tried to stay consistent. I think I had a real good summer. I was focused on staying consistent every day."

When it comes to his school list, Bishop hasn't cut anything down. He has a long list of schools, with more programs joining the recruitment every week.

"Recruiting I’ve been hearing a lot from Rhode Island, Texas, Florida, Wake Forest, Xavier, Auburn, Baylor, Marquette, and a lot more schools," said Bishop.

The school that has been on Bishop the longest is Rhode Island. The Rams have made him a priority from day one, and that strong relationship with the staff has Rhode Island very much in the mix.

"Rhode Island, I like the coaching staff a lot," said Bishop of the Rams. "I feel like they like me a lot, and that I would fit in well there. Also I like Fatts (Russell), so I think it could be a real good fit."

Also Texas has jumped into the mix quite heavily. Head Coach Shaka Smart was at several games during July, and the Longhorns could be a major factor in this recruiting battle.

"I just like the relationship that I have with Coach Smart," said Bishop. "He is very up close and personal. Usually big schools send the assistant coach to watch you, but Coach Smart has been at a lot of my games and is contacting me personally."

Recently Wake Forest has also made major strides in this recruitment, and the Demon Deacons are working very hard to get a visit from Bishop in the fall.

"I have a real good connection with Coach (Jamill) Jones and Coach (Danny) Manning," explained Bishop. "We talk a lot, especially me and Coach Manning. Also it is the ACC, so that is real good."

A pair of Big East schools, Marquette and Xavier also have put themselves right in the mix for potential visits in the fall.

When it comes to Marquette, Bishop said, "Coach (Dwayne) Killings has been talking to me a lot. They are a guard school, and I think that I would have the opportunity to show my game if I went there."

About Xavier, he added, "I just like the way they play. Growing up I watched a lot of Xavier basketball, so I was real happy to hear from them. They seem like they really like me a lot."

With July now over, Bishop is close to cutting down his list.

"Coming up next I am going to talk things over with my family and my coaches," explained Bishop. "I should be cutting my list real soon."

Best I can do
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Thought I saw X sept 14, URI sept 21, Penn St sept 28 and VCU oct 8
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

They could get visits later but that leaves out for now: PC, Temple, Fla and Wake.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC Rams, that is an article from July 30th before he even cut his list to 8 schools???
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote:DC Rams, that is an article from July 30th before he even cut his list to 8 schools???
I know, but nickel has access to 247, which is why I quoted his post to attract his attention.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Paid for the 247 service.

Now after narrowing his list down to eight schools, four official visits have been set up according to K-Low Elite program director Lonnie Lowry.

"Dahmir has set four official visits," Lowry told 247Sports. "His first visit is to Xavier September 14-16, his second visit will be to Rhode Island September 21-23, then he will go to Penn State September 28-30, and the fourth set visit is Virginia Commonwealth October 5-7."
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I want us to be the last school. VCU worries me for some reason...more so than Xavier, which is odd.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody83 wrote:Paid for the 247 service.

Now after narrowing his list down to eight schools, four official visits have been set up according to K-Low Elite program director Lonnie Lowry.

"Dahmir has set four official visits," Lowry told 247Sports. "His first visit is to Xavier September 14-16, his second visit will be to Rhode Island September 21-23, then he will go to Penn State September 28-30, and the fourth set visit is Virginia Commonwealth October 5-7."
You are officially the man. I’ve wanted to pull the trigger on 247 for sometime...could never do it.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Looks like I got the info for free.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:Paid for the 247 service.

You are officially the man. I’ve wanted to pull the trigger on 247 for sometime...could never do it.
I tried signing up last month an their online app kept rejecting me for invalid email.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

As someone surrounded by Penn State fans, I have no idea why anyone would willingly go to that school. Their roster does have a Philly flavor to it with Watkins, Brockington (former Bonnie), and Stevens.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I am hoping that our Philly flavor is much stronger with Fatts working on him!!!!!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Still hoping Bishop commits after his weekend in Kingston and doesn’t even visit Penn State and VCU.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

We can't lose both Bishop and Walker. That would not be good. We have to get at least one of them.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote:We can't lose both Bishop and Walker. That would not be good. We have to get at least one of them.
Where did that positive thought come from (:
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Billyboy78 wrote:We can't lose both Bishop and Walker. That would not be good. We have to get at least one of them.
I feel good that we land Bishop, but agree that if we don’t get either Bishop or Walker it will be a pretty weak class as we have no other fall back options at guard. We took the approach of really showing our priority targets how much we like them compared to the VCU or Kansas State approach of offering 30 people. I like the way we went about it, but it is dangerous at the same time. Bishop and Walker makes it a great class. Bishop and either McLeod or Diawara would be strong also.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

That's weird, previously he was coming the week of the 15th, now he's going to Xavier that weekend. I wonder which side changed it and why
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

They are trying to have Bishop and Walker on the same weekend. That could be the reason for the change.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody83 wrote:They are trying to have Bishop and Walker on the same weekend. That could be the reason for the change.
I think Bishop’s decision comes down to URI, Xavier or Temple. He is lives close to Temple and been there enough that no official is needed. I think if he commits to URI it will be after his visit to Kingston and he never makes the Penn State and VCU trips. Xavier worries me the most because of their high profile. Need to beat Xavier again like we did with Harris last year.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Players don't usually pass up an official even if the school is nearby. You're talking a chance to hang out with the players for a couple of days and get a free meal at a high-end restaurant. I think he's eliminated Temple, which has a lame duck coach.