‘19 PA SG - Dahmir Bishop (Xavier > St Joe’s > FGCU)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Re: ‘19 PA SG - Dahmir Bishop

Unread post by DanInAZ »

sevegny7 wrote:On his ig story he also had a computerized character in footnote of him in a rhody uniform saying they are wildin. With crying emojis. Liked that he shared that on his social media.

Game is Fortnite. I saw it too. And I play it.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Bishop also liking tweets about Rhody coaching staff watching McLeod today.
I think he cut down list will come after thru get back from Vegas. My guess is Aug 1-5 and five schools.

Bishop’s schedule this week:
Sun night - Tues Night
Adidas All American Camp (Top 60 players that are available from Adidas sponsored teams)

Weds 5:00 pm - Sun (if they keep winning)
Vegas Tournament- this is the last Eval Period. URI coaches will be in Vegas
“We will be good when we are good.”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sweet I will try to go to Wednesday game , if you hear the time and location keep me posted
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reef wrote:Sweet I will try to go to Wednesday game , if you hear the time and location keep me posted
I believe they are playing in the Las Vegas Classic. The schedule comes out Monday night. The K Low team traveled to Vegas today (except for Bishop). Bishop travels Weds morning from LA to Vegas.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Had the wrong tournament for K Low Elite 17U. They are playing in the Las Vegas Fab 48. The are in the 17U Invitational Division.
Web site link below. Schedule will be out on Monday.

http://lvfab48.com/
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Dah (his nickname) highlights from the Adidas tournament in NYC two weeks ago.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice highlights, you can see DH in the background in the beginning
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Seeing a few of these tall kids in the hotels some had Indiana Elite t shirts on and saw some kids working out at the gym and they said they play for a team from Baltimore
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I watched the game on baller tv. Reef was at the game. Gives us your thoughts.
K Low won against a good Team Melo. This was a showcase game that didn’t count in the tournament.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes just got back Bishop hit his first 3 of the game as the other team started in a zone but after that didn't do much at all. He came up short on a few of his jumpers . He sure is not blowing up with these performances so some of the high majors could back off and we are probably the leader anyway

Coach Cox and Boswell were sitting under the basket. Cox was seated next to Danny Manning. After the game I introduced myself to Coach Cox and we chatted for a couple minutes and I got a selfie with him !!! Made my night !!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Coach Cox with Coach Boswell in the front row to watch Dahmir tonight in Vegas.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

reef wrote:Yes just got back Bishop hit his first 3 of the game as the other team started in a zone but after that didn't do much at all. He came up short on a few of his jumpers . He sure is not blowing up with these performances so some of the high majors could back off and we are probably the leader anyway

Coach Cox and Boswell were sitting under the basket. Cox was seated next to Danny Manning. After the game I introduced myself to Coach Cox and we chatted for a couple minutes and I got a selfie with him !!! Made my night !!
That is awesome. Coach Cox loves that Rhody fans are popping up at these events.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Did you ever see Bishops box score ??
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

No box score. I think Bishop was a little worn down. He had played 7 out of the last 8 days with that Adidas Camp Mon & Tues. Then flew from LA to Vegas at 1:00 am Tues night.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Fatts arrived in Vegas last night per his Instagram. I am not sure what restrictions are on current players and recruiting. Does anyone know? I know he can’t have contact with Bishop but I don’t know if he can watch the games (like the coaches). NCAA limits 4 coaches on the road.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

K Low just blew a game. Made a great comeback by scoring 15 points straight late in the second half. Bishop hit FTs down the stretch but then they blew a 6 point lead with a bad pass and a missed front end. Lost in OT on an intentional foul. Bishop looked good when it mattered scoring 9 straight points late in regulation.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

K Low had some good players out there . The point guard looked good and a couple of good big guys but I have no idea their names
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Link to his game? Should be playing now
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

PG is Christian Ings - LaSalle has offered
My favorite player is #24 Christion Ray 6’6”. He is the leading scorer. He has offers from Brown & Patriot League Schools
The tall kid is 6’11” Seth Pinkney. He has offers from LaSalle, St Joe’s, UMass & Temple.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:Link to his game? Should be playing now
If you mean K Low game, they are on Baller.tv. It isn’t free. It cost $60 for the year.
Fab 48, Prime Event Orlando and Live AC are all on Baller.tv
The UA Championship is free on uaassociation.com - DC Premier, WeR1.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I thought Dahmir played against Mekhi today?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams wrote:I thought Dahmir played against Mekhi today?
There are two DC Premier 17U teams. There was no way to distinguish them before the tournaments started.
The top DC team that Mekhi is playing on is in the UAA Championship (they are 2-0 in Pool Play).
The other DC team is in the Fab48 and just played K Low. K Low won easily 58-33.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Oh ok, appreciate all your insight brother.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I know who you are talking about #24 Ray has a nice game and the big kid Pinckney had a nice rebound throw down in the game I saw
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Dahmir was blessed with an offer to Pittsburgh today...
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Ramulous wrote:Dahmir was blessed with an offer to Pittsburgh today...
These players are all blessed with every offer :). He has been blessed 21 times.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I should have used #blessed and #sarcasm
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

I would think McGowens almost directly blocks Bishop at Pitt. They’re pretty damn similar players.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

K Low lost a weird game in OT. They were up 10 late. Some really tough calls against them. They never got to the foul line.
Bishop hurt his thumb in the first half. Played the rest of the game with it heavily taped.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I didn’t realize last night but Bishop was covering Scottie Lewis #25 on Team Rio. Lewis is ranked #9 nationally (#2 SF). When watching my thought was that Bishop was focused on D against Team Rio’s best player. Bishop did very well against Lewis.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

K Low won today in the playoff round 56-34. They play PSA tonight at 9:50 ET. This is the PSA's top team that played in Chris Paul's Nike tournament and were on ESPNU yesterday. Cole Anthony, James Bouknight & Moussad.

Bishop’s hand taped today and again tonight.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

PSA was too much for K Low tonight. They went 10 deep. Bishop played one handed. A lot of heart. Worked hard on D and rebounding. I believe that is the end of his AAU career. They play too many games in these eval periods. He has played 10 of the last 11 days sometimes twice in a day. They are worn down. K Low mostly went 7-8 players deep. Bishop had the extra two days at the Adidas All American Camp on Mon & Tues.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

This is consistent with what I heard. I thought it could be by this Friday but he is planning to play in an event/out door game in NYC on Aug 3rd.

DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

What’s the article say?
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The game I went to KLow v Team Melo is on you tube
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Can someone summarize the article?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

CT Rhody wrote:Can someone summarize the article?
You have to pay a subscription of $150 to read their articles. I went to subscribe and the drop down requires you to select your school. They don’t have URI (they don’t have UCONN either). Supposedly they provide more in depth coverage for the schools they follow.
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Tone of the article seems to indicate uri is in very good position. He likes the coaches alot he said and also mentioned about Fatts being there. He also mentioned liking Texas because he had a good relationship with Smart . Article also menioned Marqutte and Xavier as factors.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

woodennickel1 wrote:Tone of the article seems to indicate uri is in very good position. He likes the coaches alot he said and also mentioned about Fatts being there. He also mentioned liking Texas because he had a good relationship with Smart . Article also menioned Marqutte and Xavier as factors.
Can you screenshot it?
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

DC_Rams wrote:
woodennickel1 wrote:Tone of the article seems to indicate uri is in very good position. He likes the coaches alot he said and also mentioned about Fatts being there. He also mentioned liking Texas because he had a good relationship with Smart . Article also menioned Marqutte and Xavier as factors.
Can you screenshot it?
Bishop adds offers, set to cut list

VIP ByBRIAN SNOW Jul 30, 11:10 AM

(Photo: 247Sports)
After a very good showing during June at the NBA Players Association Top 100 Camp, Dahmir Bishop became a must watch for many high-major programs in July. Now with the month completed and a solid finish to things with K-Low Elite, Bishop has a long list of schools, and is planning to cut his list and set visits soon.

"Coming into July I had been playing a lot, so I focused on keeping my body healthy," said Bishop of his approach to the key month. "I think I played well, and that things went well."

He continued, "I tried to stay consistent. I think I had a real good summer. I was focused on staying consistent every day."

When it comes to his school list, Bishop hasn't cut anything down. He has a long list of schools, with more programs joining the recruitment every week.

"Recruiting I’ve been hearing a lot from Rhode Island, Texas, Florida, Wake Forest, Xavier, Auburn, Baylor, Marquette, and a lot more schools," said Bishop.

The school that has been on Bishop the longest is Rhode Island. The Rams have made him a priority from day one, and that strong relationship with the staff has Rhode Island very much in the mix.

"Rhode Island, I like the coaching staff a lot," said Bishop of the Rams. "I feel like they like me a lot, and that I would fit in well there. Also I like Fatts (Russell), so I think it could be a real good fit."

Also Texas has jumped into the mix quite heavily. Head Coach Shaka Smart was at several games during July, and the Longhorns could be a major factor in this recruiting battle.

"I just like the relationship that I have with Coach Smart," said Bishop. "He is very up close and personal. Usually big schools send the assistant coach to watch you, but Coach Smart has been at a lot of my games and is contacting me personally."

Recently Wake Forest has also made major strides in this recruitment, and the Demon Deacons are working very hard to get a visit from Bishop in the fall.

"I have a real good connection with Coach (Jamill) Jones and Coach (Danny) Manning," explained Bishop. "We talk a lot, especially me and Coach Manning. Also it is the ACC, so that is real good."

A pair of Big East schools, Marquette and Xavier also have put themselves right in the mix for potential visits in the fall.

When it comes to Marquette, Bishop said, "Coach (Dwayne) Killings has been talking to me a lot. They are a guard school, and I think that I would have the opportunity to show my game if I went there."

About Xavier, he added, "I just like the way they play. Growing up I watched a lot of Xavier basketball, so I was real happy to hear from them. They seem like they really like me a lot."

With July now over, Bishop is close to cutting down his list.

"Coming up next I am going to talk things over with my family and my coaches," explained Bishop. "I should be cutting my list real soon."

Best I can do
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

woodennickel1 wrote:
DC_Rams wrote:
Can you screenshot it?
Bishop adds offers, set to cut list

VIP ByBRIAN SNOW Jul 30, 11:10 AM

(Photo: 247Sports)
After a very good showing during June at the NBA Players Association Top 100 Camp, Dahmir Bishop became a must watch for many high-major programs in July. Now with the month completed and a solid finish to things with K-Low Elite, Bishop has a long list of schools, and is planning to cut his list and set visits soon.

"Coming into July I had been playing a lot, so I focused on keeping my body healthy," said Bishop of his approach to the key month. "I think I played well, and that things went well."

He continued, "I tried to stay consistent. I think I had a real good summer. I was focused on staying consistent every day."

When it comes to his school list, Bishop hasn't cut anything down. He has a long list of schools, with more programs joining the recruitment every week.

"Recruiting I’ve been hearing a lot from Rhode Island, Texas, Florida, Wake Forest, Xavier, Auburn, Baylor, Marquette, and a lot more schools," said Bishop.

The school that has been on Bishop the longest is Rhode Island. The Rams have made him a priority from day one, and that strong relationship with the staff has Rhode Island very much in the mix.

"Rhode Island, I like the coaching staff a lot," said Bishop of the Rams. "I feel like they like me a lot, and that I would fit in well there. Also I like Fatts (Russell), so I think it could be a real good fit."

Also Texas has jumped into the mix quite heavily. Head Coach Shaka Smart was at several games during July, and the Longhorns could be a major factor in this recruiting battle.

"I just like the relationship that I have with Coach Smart," said Bishop. "He is very up close and personal. Usually big schools send the assistant coach to watch you, but Coach Smart has been at a lot of my games and is contacting me personally."

Recently Wake Forest has also made major strides in this recruitment, and the Demon Deacons are working very hard to get a visit from Bishop in the fall.

"I have a real good connection with Coach (Jamill) Jones and Coach (Danny) Manning," explained Bishop. "We talk a lot, especially me and Coach Manning. Also it is the ACC, so that is real good."

A pair of Big East schools, Marquette and Xavier also have put themselves right in the mix for potential visits in the fall.

When it comes to Marquette, Bishop said, "Coach (Dwayne) Killings has been talking to me a lot. They are a guard school, and I think that I would have the opportunity to show my game if I went there."

About Xavier, he added, "I just like the way they play. Growing up I watched a lot of Xavier basketball, so I was real happy to hear from them. They seem like they really like me a lot."

With July now over, Bishop is close to cutting down his list.

"Coming up next I am going to talk things over with my family and my coaches," explained Bishop. "I should be cutting my list real soon."

Best I can do
We need this commitment!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

We will get it.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I feel good about it too. He may be thinking if he goes to a Big East or ACC school that playing time could be an issue early on
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I think it comes down to:
He really likes Coach Cox
His friendship with Fatts
He felt very comfortable with everyone during his unofficial visit
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Top 8?

Still too many.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

That is a high number. I saw two yesterday on Twitter where the kids cut their list to 12 and 10.
I think they should cut to five since they can only do 5 official visits.
I know they can add unofficial visits to that but most unofficial visits are just for the day.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

He specifically mentioned these 8 in the recent interview. My guess is that it will be those..... Rhode Island, Texas, Florida, Wake Forest, Xavier, Auburn, Baylor, Marquette
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

The initial cut-down for these guys is a way to let certain schools know to stop contacting them. So yeah, 8 or 12 schools may still seem like a lot (and it is), but it eliminates a lot of messages/contacts to wade through. And sometimes, these lists contain a high level school that isn’t even really recruiting a guy too hard. It makes the player and the school that actually gets him look better, os what’s the harm?