The Transfer Carousel - 2018

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: The Transfer Carousel - 2018

Unread post by adam914 »

We recruited him originally, right? The same sounds very familiar.

EDIT: Answered my own question with a search. http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3511&p=326736
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1530058 Richmond dismisses Buckingham from basketball team
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

If I remember, he was pretty good. I wonder what happened.
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Not exactly a transfer (yet), but relevant nonetheless.

"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Indian Hills, Manigault's team, was ranked #1 with a 33-1 record. I think he's good enough to back up Cyril for 2 years. He's definitely better than Tertsea. Jermaine could then strictly play the 4, with somebody from the group of Akele/Preston/Layssard backing him up. I guess this depends if Cox wants to play big for the majority of the game.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Wow that is big news regarding Buckingham. He was a highly regarded recruit, and with the way the natives are restless in Richmond this doesn't bode well for Mooney. He was likely going to get 1 more year to get them back near the top of conference or be out of there. Their fans on twitter seem to despise him.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Billyboy78 wrote:Indian Hills, Manigault's team, was ranked #1 with a 33-1 record. I think he's good enough to back up Cyril for 2 years. He's definitely better than Tertsea. Jermaine could then strictly play the 4, with somebody from the group of Akele/Preston/Layssard backing him up. I guess this depends if Cox wants to play big for the majority of the game.
Kid is very, very good and talented IMO, but he is 6-4 and closer to a PG, how do you figure he can back up Cyril? You want and expect another Stan a 6'4" PF?
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

giovanni wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Indian Hills, Manigault's team, was ranked #1 with a 33-1 record. I think he's good enough to back up Cyril for 2 years. He's definitely better than Tertsea. Jermaine could then strictly play the 4, with somebody from the group of Akele/Preston/Layssard backing him up. I guess this depends if Cox wants to play big for the majority of the game.
Kid is very, very good and talented IMO, but he is 6-4 and closer to a PG, how do you figure he can back up Cyril? You want and expect another Stan a 6'4" PF?
I believe Manigault is 6'9
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

giovanni wrote:
He's a post player, 6'8"-6-9".
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Didn't know we were discussing Manigualt. But kid is not coming here, he is taken though a very nice prospect coming out of HS. Buckingham is the guy mentioned recently and would at least be an outside possibility.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

STC wrote:Sure, but if the sport is turning a profit that exceeds the cost of tuition and all that nonsense than why shouldn’t the student athlete get a cut? These coaching contracts are absurd.

Also, players should be able to sell their likeness. If you can sign autographs and make money then fuck the NCAA and their archaic bullshit.
Colleges aren't rolling in as much money as you'd think.
http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/M ... -Cow2.aspx

Just so I'm clear from the pro-"pay the athletes" crowd, a $50,000 yearly check worth for tuition/room/board/books for 5 years is not enough value for the student-athletes? And to be clear, Marvin Bagley should get paid as much as the #4 women's golfer at Austin Peay?
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:
STC wrote:Sure, but if the sport is turning a profit that exceeds the cost of tuition and all that nonsense than why shouldn’t the student athlete get a cut? These coaching contracts are absurd.

Also, players should be able to sell their likeness. If you can sign autographs and make money then fuck the NCAA and their archaic bullshit.

Just so I'm clear from the pro-"pay the athletes" crowd, a $50,000 yearly check worth for tuition/room/board/books for 5 years is not enough value for the student-athletes? And to be clear, Marvin Bagley should get paid as much as the #4 women's golfer at Austin Peay?
Do you bother to read other people’s posts or nah?
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We could use that....
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

rambone 78 wrote:We could use that....
So could roughly 300 D1 schools...

So you're telling me there's a chance?
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bigappleram wrote:Wow that is big news regarding Buckingham. He was a highly regarded recruit, and with the way the natives are restless in Richmond this doesn't bode well for Mooney. He was likely going to get 1 more year to get them back near the top of conference or be out of there. Their fans on twitter seem to despise him.

Buckingham is not the only starting guard not graduating that is leaving Richmond. Khwan Fore is transferring out. These two players were the 3rd and 5th leading scorers on the team and still have two years of eligibility.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

“We will be good when we are good.”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote:
Wow. That would be an unbelievable get for LaSalle.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:
Wow. That would be an unbelievable get for LaSalle.

LaSalle has a history of getting high ranked Philly native players that first went elsewhere to transfer back to the city to play for the Explorers.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Fatts and Quade could go at it again...some great battles in high school.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Just read on twitter David Beatty leaving gamecocks looking at Rhody. Corey Evans source

I’ll linky later if somebody doesn’t busy at moment
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

hrstrat57 wrote:Just read on twitter David Beatty leaving gamecocks looking at Rhody. Corey Evans source

I’ll linky later if somebody doesn’t busy at moment
Already covered under David Beatty recruiting thread.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Fatts vs Quade
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great battle of 2 great Philly PGs
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:

Do you bother to read other people’s posts or nah?
To be honest, I don't have time to read every post from everyone on this board. Sorry. It appears I have posted 533 times. You have posted over 10,000 times. I'll let you know when I'm all caught up on your posts...then I'll start reading everybody else's.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

You don't have to read everything, but perhaps just the things relevant to the specific thing you are responding to?
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

This is an odd one. Played 12 minutes a game and with graduations you'd think that would be increasing. Played well when given minutes.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Matunuck »

Perhaps Brockington would like to play with Fatts again.
RamIt!
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RamIt! »

must have something to do with this...
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Iggy1979 wrote:This is an odd one. Played 12 minutes a game and with graduations you'd think that would be increasing. Played well when given minutes.
He definitely would have been a focus on their offense this season. Brockington had an unusual recruitment. He was planning on prepping a year and then dropped that plan and decided to go to Bona in August right before the school year. I wonder how many late commitments actually work out for both sides? If Stockard goes pro, St. Bonaventure could be pretty bad.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:You don't have to read everything, but perhaps just the things relevant to the specific thing you are responding to?
To be specific, I don't read every single post in a particular thread. Sorry to disappoint you. If I find time to do that and post 10,000+ times, I'll be sure to let you know so I can join your club.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

You make it seem like I’ve posted 10,000 times in the last week. Regardless of how many times you or I post, responding to a point that you do not fully grasp because you haven’t bothered to inform yourself is likely to make you look like a jackass, and when your response is to mockingly ascribe a viewpoint to people that is very not close to their actual viewpoint it not only makes you look like a jackass but also is a big waste of everyone’s time, including yours. Since you’re so selective about when you post, I wonder why you would waste your precious time making dumb non sequiturs.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Fordham is like AAA; they feed guys to the Big East every year. They need to go to the Patriot where they belong.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:You make it seem like I’ve posted 10,000 times in the last week. Regardless of how many times you or I post, responding to a point that you do not fully grasp because you haven’t bothered to inform yourself is likely to make you look like a jackass, and when your response is to mockingly ascribe a viewpoint to people that is very not close to their actual viewpoint it not only makes you look like a jackass but also is a big waste of everyone’s time, including yours. Since you’re so selective about when you post, I wonder why you would waste your precious time making dumb non sequiturs.
Well, we have a difference of opinion. I have posted, made valid points and arguments with a number of different facts...and yet you and others still get your panties in a bunch. People don't like to look too hard looks at things that are divergent from their own belief. Their own perception is their reality...regardless if something different is staring them in the face. They'll deny it, ignore it, or simply call the other person a name.

You may think my posts make me look like a jackass. Fine, you're entitled to your opinion. I personally think that somebody who posts 10,000 times over 5+ years is egotistical, likes to hear themselves talk (or in this case, see themselves post), can't ignore anything and feels that he has to comment on everything and everybody, and thinks by posting substantially more than somebody who offers a different perspective will drown out that other person's perspective just by the sheer volume of his own posts.

I wonder why you waste so many precious days and hours of your life posting and posting...repeating and repeating...spewing and spewing. Just because you say something often enough doesn't make it true and just because others agree with you doesn't make it true. And just because one posts more often than others doesn't make that person a "bigger, better or more passionate" fan than somebody else. It's not a competition, you know? So in the true spirit of free posting, I think the sheer volume of your posts makes you look like a jackass even though I'm sure you're not one.

I'm guessing you'll reply to this because you can't help yourself...
giovanni
Carlton Owens

theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Should I start posting friar tweets?
giovanni
Carlton Owens

theblueram wrote:Should I start posting friar tweets?
There was some postings here speculating on whether Adams would come back and therefore UConn would have a scholarship available for this year and perhaps going head to head for a recruit with URI and even a potential late transfer from URI

I was never the one who thought Hurley was God or anything close to that and got wet every time his name was mentioned. But then again my grandfather wasn't a booster and I wasn't in the band.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

giovanni wrote: I was never the one who thought Hurley was God or anything close to that and got wet every time his name was mentioned. But then again my grandfather wasn't a booster and I wasn't in the band.
You have a strange idea of what is required to be excited for a basketball team.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Yes, if any of their players transfer or there is other roster news. Same with any A-10 team. If people are going to get upset that there will be some level of tracking what goes on with Dan's UConn program, they should get over it soon or prepare themselves to deal with it. Personally, I'm not even going to feign an apology over being interested in it. I am interested in how he does at UConn, which makes UConn personnel news relevant to me.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

TruePoint wrote:
Yes, if any of their players transfer or there is other roster news. Same with any A-10 team. If people are going to get upset that there will be some level of tracking what goes on with Dan's UConn program, they should get over it soon or prepare themselves to deal with it. Personally, I'm not even going to feign an apology over being interested in it. I am interested in how he does at UConn, which makes UConn personnel news relevant to me.
Then perhaps a thread dedicated to the Hurley/UCONN Watch should be created. Personally love your insights, but the Hurley banter should be siphoned elsewhere to those that care. That’s all I request.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

DC_Rams wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
Then perhaps a thread dedicated to the Hurley/UCONN Watch should be created. Personally love your insights, but the Hurley banter should be siphoned elsewhere to those that care. That’s all I request.
These general topic threads - whether its transfers, recruiting, the coaching carousel - typically refer to all non-URI programs. I think it's simpler to have this then to break out new discussion threads for UConn, PC, etc. It's also a bit of work for us on the back-end to actually split all of the posts out.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Evidently I began this minor interaction of threads with a post of Jaylen Adams staying at UConn this year. As I had stated, it was posted due to the fact that there had been a post on the board a while ago speculating whether or not he would stay . If he did not, there would be a possibility of another URI guy following Hurley to Uconn. I don't see how this is crazy or slanted toward Hurley or a UConn post. You cannot ignore that fact that Hurley is now at a school so close and can and will potentially compete against us for recruits, especially in his first couple of years Is there a need to start a Hurley thread or any other school thread on something as generic at a "transfer carousel thread?" Its basic basketball talk , that some people may find interesting or worth noting Just like people criticized post in the recruiting thread about Cole Swider because he was a local guy. If you don't like it move on, don't read. There are some who are actually basketball fans, not just URI fans.

Of course Blue Tuba guy must have had some free time before band practice so has to make some sort ridiculous comment, not out of the ordinary. If you don't agree or post exactly what he wants you get bashed. Sad. I would ask Blue tuba man to actually try to educate himself in the game by talking to people who actually played or coached the game, not boosters, who believe they know all because they throw a few dollars down and usually because they typically could never compete at any type of athletic level.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

giovanni wrote:Evidently I began this minor interaction of threads with a post of Jaylen Adams staying at UConn this year. As I had stated, it was posted due to the fact that there had been a post on the board a while ago speculating whether or not he would stay . If he did not, there would be a possibility of another URI guy following Hurley to Uconn. I don't see how this is crazy or slanted toward Hurley or a UConn post. You cannot ignore that fact that Hurley is now at a school so close and can and will potentially compete against us for recruits, especially in his first couple of years Is there a need to start a Hurley thread or any other school thread on something as generic at a "transfer carousel thread?" Its basic basketball talk , that some people may find interesting or worth noting Just like people criticized post in the recruiting thread about Cole Swider because he was a local guy. If you don't like it move on, don't read. There are some who are actually basketball fans, not just URI fans.

Of course Blue Tuba guy must have had some free time before band practice so has to make some sort ridiculous comment, not out of the ordinary. If you don't agree or post exactly what he wants you get bashed. Sad. I would ask Blue tuba man to actually try to educate himself in the game by talking to people who actually played or coached the game, not boosters, who believe they know all because they throw a few dollars down and usually because they typically could never compete at any type of athletic level.
WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT uconn DOES? Calhoun would never play us, even given we are their number 1 most played competitor. Sometimes a school just gets kicked in the nuts over and over because we literally do not give a crap about them.