The Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Re: The Coaching Carousel

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

I think less of anyone who doesn't like season 2 of The Wire. And no mention of The Shield is criminal. Mount TV-more, without question.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Bill Reynolds wears the same faded purple shirt to the Ryan Center as he does in his Projo head shot.
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

That's his lucky shirt.

I read the article. He's not wrong.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

steveystuds06 wrote:No show touches the Sopranos... Season two of The Wire was so bad that it could never be the best for me.

1. Sopranos
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Leftovers
4. GOT
5. Arrested Development
Season 2 was a weird detour for the series. But as a standalone thing it was definitely not bad. It didn't do anything to take away from the overall brilliance of the plotting of the show. Very hard to find a person who likes the Sopranos more than I do, but even I will say that the Sopranos had more bad episodes and more bad seasons than The Wire.

I have never, and will never, watch Magic Cards the TV Show Game of Thrones, so I can't speak to that. I don't do dragons and I don't do zombies, so no GoT or Walking Dead for me. But the idea either of those silly fantasy shows are better than The Wire - the best and most serious television show ever made - is crazy talk.

Arrested Development is terrific, but I put comedies in their own categories, so not eligible for my top-5.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Season 2 of the wire was important at least to set up the Greek, not the best season but still better than most shows
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

Seinfeld? How has nobody mentioned Seinfeld?
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

the_one_mike wrote:Seinfeld? How has nobody mentioned Seinfeld?
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Personally, I'm a CYE fan. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my wife sometimes introduces me as "Larry David without the money."
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

PeteRI wrote:
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Personally, I'm a CYE fan. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my wife sometimes introduces me as "Larry David without the money."
Same show, really.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Justified

And it ain’t even close.

We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Clapton is God
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Doesn’t seem like Dan would finalize anything this late at night without informing his team or staff or URI first.

Who knows at this point.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Haven’t all UConn people been saying this for last few days?
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

That guy does not seem to be the "news breaking" type and was initially going off of that other guy Jacobs's "report." Also, his site where he tried to post this story has crashed. So take it for what it's worth. Although, who knows. It could very well be UConn and this guy just guessed it, or he could have good info, or he could be full of shit. I'd still like to hear it from someone who I've heard of before they broke the story.
gorhody
Abdul Fox

Unread post by gorhody »

Too stressful
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Dan or Andrea only. Good night.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

“We will be good when we are good.”
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

ESPN is not saying anything, but they are reporting Chris Mack is the front runner for the Louisville job. That would leave an opening at Xavier????
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhodyRam86 wrote:ESPN is not saying anything, but they are reporting Chris Mack is the front runner for the Louisville job. That would leave an opening at Xavier????
I honestly could not care less if he goes to Xavier or UConn or Pitt. If he leaves URI, it is a tip of the cap for a job well done and we are on to finding the next guy to continue to build this thing. If Dan goes (and I want it reported from someone who has actually spoken to Dan before I 100% give up), he has made this a job 10,000X better than it was when it was last open and he took it. We should be able to get someone in here to build on what he did.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

cooked, baked, fried, sauteed and broiled,
grilled, steamed and boiled
Moles and fans, fake and real reporting news of "done deal"
refresh, refresh, refresh,
nothing left to do,
sept click refresh on keaneyblue.

#1 Antonio's
#2 Via Via

#1 M*A*S*H*
#2 GoT
#3 Fringe
#4 Vikings
#5 Stranger Things
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Rhody83 wrote:
IF this is true and IF he was torn and this is what got him over the hump...there goes your “Dan is not about the money” argument. And I have no resentment toward him if he is chasing money, but let’s not hold him to a higher standard than anyone else.

BTW...Hope it’s not true like most posts we’ve read here.
Last edited by RhodyRam86 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Seinfeld is my one and only. Frank Costanza is hands down one of the best TV characters of all time.

Seinfeld
Cheers/Fraiser
Saved by the Bell *
Homeland
Will & Grace (old and new episodes)

Sorry everyone, I tried to get into GOT and it never did it for me.

*Need to represent my 90s love for Zack Morris
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Running Ram wrote:cooked, baked, fried, sauteed and broiled,
nothing left to do,

#1 Antonio's
#2 Via Via

#1 M*A*S*H*
#2 GoT
#3 Fringe
#4 Vikings
#5 Stranger Things

Via Via was great when I lived in Newport (after 1 am Friday/Saturday only) - you did know they’re done though? Didn’t pay rent, unless they’ve found another location/paid up?

Also, on my TV post I neglected to mention Stranger Things. GREAT show!
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Taylor Swift wrote:
Running Ram wrote:cooked, baked, fried, sauteed and broiled,
nothing left to do,

#1 Antonio's
#2 Via Via

#1 M*A*S*H*
#2 GoT
#3 Fringe
#4 Vikings
#5 Stranger Things

Via Via was great when I lived in Newport (after 1 am Friday/Saturday only) - you did know they’re done though? Didn’t pay rent, unless they’ve found another location/paid up?

Also, on my TV post I neglected to mention Stranger Things. GREAT show!

Via Via and Nicola’s were both great after 1:00 a.m. Made the mistake of having them both before going out on a Friday night and never touched either again. Awful!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ugh I got a bad feeling we lost DH to UConn . 2 different reports have it at 3.1 M per year so maybe its true ??

Not happy about it but life must go on . Hopefully we get the recruits to stay
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

reef wrote:Ugh I got a bad feeling we lost DH to UConn . 2 different reports have it at 3.1 M per year so maybe its true ??

Not happy about it but life must go on . Hopefully we get the recruits to stay
I’m seeing the same. Really sucks if true because Dan really could have made something special happen here. But $3.1 mil is a lot.

Edit: Even MORE special. Programs like UConn will scoff at back to back 2nd round exits, shit they already have. But with the backcourt coming back and class coming in...this program was ready to make the next step with Dan at the helm.

Ill go to bed now, hoping to find out that the report was bogus in the morning and have Blue Man rip me a new one. But for some reason it feels real. Hang in there Rhody.
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

So I'm not here to tell you guys that Hurley is not going to UConn. I'm just here to point out that it's very possible that the UConn blogger and the local newspaper reporter could have the same source, and that is obviously on the UConn side of things and it appears that source is not in an official capacity at UConn. Parrish's tweet would appear to lend those reports credibility, until you realize that he is using the blogger's tweet as the source of his information.

Again, not saying you won't hear the same thing from Zags at 9AM tomorrow, but I'm going to wait to hear it from him or someone else with credible contacts with Hurley before I react. This doesn't really appear all that much different from what people around UConn have been saying for days. So we'll see.
Not Mike Powell
Kenny Green

Unread post by Not Mike Powell »

Things end, coaches change. And you know what? Life goes on. Good night KB.
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

mstyles22 wrote:
CBS must be proud of this hard hitting journalism
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Well this blows if true

Back to being a bridesmaid
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Local CT news channel reporting it also

FUCK
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

So much fir family

It’s all about the $, just like every other coach we will get

So brutal

Can’t stand this bullshit every time we get a good coach

I am incredibly frustrated
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

If it took 3.1 mil to get him that makes me feel a little better. When the number for UConn was in the low 2s it didn’t make sense to leave and seemed like he was just abandoning ship. Take the money he made us, invest in the program heavily, make all the improvements you were going to make to keep him and keep moving up. Next coach may be even better.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Terrible news to wake up to I tell you. Coffee all of sudden doesn't taste very good. But if true, which we all hope it isn't, though it appears pretty evident now, program must move on as it always has. Like it has been said, Dan came here with the program in a mess and delivered 100% on his promise and has left this program in a far superior place. Thank him and wish him well and move on to the next chapter. Whoever the new coach may be, I hope he can keep team in tact or at least not lose too much. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of faith in that, hope my gut feeling is wrong on that though.

Dan certainly brought us some great thrills and years, but URI had a program long before Dan and will have one long after the Dan. And hopefully the administration will continue to push the program forward to get it to the next level with the next coach, not go back to what it was before Dan. I also believe Dr Dooley and Thor did all they could to retain Danny. Some things are just impossible.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Yeah maybe better but probably not and I hope we don’t lose Harris or recruits

Take my posts w a grain of salt today - I don’t care how anyone sugar coats it - this is a horrible day for RHODY hoops
RamIt!
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RamIt! »

Can only hope now that they’re as wrong as the weathermen...
Rhody09
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhody09 »

TruePoint wrote:So I'm not here to tell you guys that Hurley is not going to UConn. I'm just here to point out that it's very possible that the UConn blogger and the local newspaper reporter could have the same source, and that is obviously on the UConn side of things and it appears that source is not in an official capacity at UConn. Parrish's tweet would appear to lend those reports credibility, until you realize that he is using the blogger's tweet as the source of his information.

Again, not saying you won't hear the same thing from Zags at 9AM tomorrow, but I'm going to wait to hear it from him or someone else with credible contacts with Hurley before I react. This doesn't really appear all that much different from what people around UConn have been saying for days. So we'll see.
This. It’s almost like people forget that that Jacobs tool tweeted a very confident Hurley to UConn message a day or two ago, only to delete it shortly thereafter. Some UConn blog and one shitty rag certainly isn’t the end-all-be-all (both of which, by the way, specificially state that it’s all unconfirmed). Maybe he’s gone, and if so, we can deal with it when it’s confirmed. Until then, this is just more noise.
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

"Don't Believe the Hype".

Our local Channel 10 wrongly reported news on this yesterday.
No one with good sources anymore at local news venues. All guesswork.
Have faith.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

It is very strange that the UConn site lists report at 10:21 pm. Why in the world would something be announced at that time of night instead of waiting till early this morning. I don't like the fact Gary Parrish retweeted it though, I always thought of him as a very reputable reporter. Although he does say "according to this report", not that he was confirming it.

I have to shake my head also in his tweet when he says that means Pitt will have to look elsewhere and puts URI in parenthesis . Hey Gary, Dan is URI's coach, they would be the one losing it's coach. Total lack of respect. I'm very aggravated.
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

If it’s all true, how is DH ok with being overshadowed by the UConn women’s team? I guess money talks.
Let’s all hope things work out in our favor for once.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

We are freaking out about clickbait! C'mon people!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

So just to be clear on this:

11:25 UConn fan site has Hurley leaving
11:51 local reporter says same thing as UConn fan site, but he so totally didn't copy the fan site you guys, he had that independently
Since then Gary Parish retweeted the fan site because that "proves" what he's assumed would happen all along
Since then nobody relevant has been able to confirm the fan site information that everyone is running on

Is that timeline accurate? Please tell me we have more than this. Please tell me we're acting like he's gone based on more than a fan website and a couple of retweets.
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I’m having trouble spotting the difference between this and the Hearst CT Media report. That one was RT’d by Parrish, too.
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

If anyone cares, I was told URI did a good job with their offer to Hurley. They had a good idea where UConn would be with their offer, and were competitive enough that they were confident Hurley would stay. Between the Pitt offer and UConn recognizing they weren't getting him, they (UConn) were able to sweeten their initial offer substantially, with the help of boosters.

The key for URI will be if they are willing to maintain this level of commitment to the program. With VCU and Dayton reloading, they have a chance to establish themselves as a top program in the league if they choose to.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Bigsnoop wrote:If anyone cares, I was told URI did a good job with their offer to Hurley. They had a good idea where UConn would be with their offer, and were competitive enough that they were confident Hurley would stay. Between the Pitt offer and UConn recognizing they weren't getting him, they (UConn) were able to sweeten their initial offer substantially, with the help of boosters.

The key for URI will be if they are willing to maintain this level of commitment to the program. With VCU and Dayton reloading, they have a chance to establish themselves as a top program in the league if they choose to.
Weren't you the one who said he was staying??
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

Bigsnoop wrote:If anyone cares, I was told URI did a good job with their offer to Hurley. They had a good idea where UConn would be with their offer, and were competitive enough that they were confident Hurley would stay. Between the Pitt offer and UConn recognizing they weren't getting him, they (UConn) were able to sweeten their initial offer substantially, with the help of boosters.

Why are you telling us stuff we already know
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Is there still time and enough resources for URI to make another counter offer? Either way they need to follow through with program enhancements.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yes I’m not sure I believe this.
GO RAMS
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

FWIW...As of 7:30a.m. Channel 10 is saying no decision has been made and there has been no mention of it on ESPN’s update stream.