The Coaching Carousel

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: The Coaching Carousel

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

FattsAndFurious wrote:
HuskiesAllDay wrote:
Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
To sum up, UConn offers
-- a dog's breakfast of a league
-- not one but two dingy, poorly-maintained home arenas
-- a spoiled-rotten fan base that doesn't recognize how the world has changed since last it was relevant
-- plummeting attendance
-- an NCAA (or even an FBI) investigation

Yeah, there's an attractive opportunity.

UConn: Where the men are men and the women are champions.
This is insanity. We have URI fans crapping on a team that has won 4 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS since 1999. We won one 4 years ago! This isn't Uconn vs Indiana or Texas or even Rutgers. Its Uconn vs URI, a program with ONE NCAA tournament win since 1999. I am well aware that the current Uconn job is not the same opening as Uconn circa 2009. But I will remind you, you guys are URI.
We all know how good Hurley is. He could have that UConn job looking great again in a year or two. They’ve already won a championship in the AAC. They have gotten more four and five star recruits than most ACC teams since joining the American, too. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Hurley go there.

That being said, Hurley has a great thing going here. He’s under no pressure to leave and has great recruits coming (granted they could follow him anywhere).
No, they can't follow him anywhere.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Exactly stop it where people are saying going to UConn is a lateral move, obviously it's a better job but not like it was before

I am with those who thinks DH is here for now and will probably leave when a top 10 type job opens in a P5
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

Unread post by FattsAndFurious »

Billyboy78 wrote:
FattsAndFurious wrote:
HuskiesAllDay wrote:
This is insanity. We have URI fans crapping on a team that has won 4 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS since 1999. We won one 4 years ago! This isn't Uconn vs Indiana or Texas or even Rutgers. Its Uconn vs URI, a program with ONE NCAA tournament win since 1999. I am well aware that the current Uconn job is not the same opening as Uconn circa 2009. But I will remind you, you guys are URI.
We all know how good Hurley is. He could have that UConn job looking great again in a year or two. They’ve already won a championship in the AAC. They have gotten more four and five star recruits than most ACC teams since joining the American, too. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Hurley go there.

That being said, Hurley has a great thing going here. He’s under no pressure to leave and has great recruits coming (granted they could follow him anywhere).
No, they can't follow him anywhere.
Really? That would be huge
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

ATPTourFan wrote:Are you half UConn fan and half URI fan? Curious post, FattsAndFurious.

NCAA Sanctions and other nonsense with APR are the things that will keep Hurley away. "No more rebuilds"
URI undergrad UVA postgrad. Not sure why it’s curious as a post, just saying that nothing rumored with Pitt or Conn would really surprise me.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

HuskiesAllDay wrote:

But finally the point that you are all missing that I have barely seen discussed, MONEY! I don't know what UConn can pay its next coach, but the AD knows he will have to pony up. Kevin Ollie was one of the top 10 highest paid coaches in the country. He made over 3MM. Dan Hurley makes 1MM. Money talks. Yes, Hurley has been building something strong at URI. Hes done a nice job. I'm sure he believes strongly in loyalty and family environment etc. But you guys are nuts if you think Dan Hurley is going to turn down 2.5 or 3MM to coach a school with 4 national championships to stay at URI. So keep bashing Uconn and calling it a lateral move. Even if Dan Hurley thinks it is, I am willing to bet he is willing to make a lateral move to double or triple his salary.
Let's talk about MONEY. Since you think it's accidental that no one on this board really brings it up.

Our coach is the son of a parole officer who coached at a high school as a Naismith Hall of Famer with options to make millions in the college and pro ranks. He chose to stay at a school in the inner city because he mattered to the kids and they mattered to him.

Our coach coached a high school program for 9 years with ample opportunity to go elsewhere and make more money when it would've mattered a lot to his family. He stayed there because he believed in it.

Our coach also turned down near as much money as UConn is reportedly offering to coach in a superior conference to the AAC in his home state. Turned down money, planes, etc.

NOW. Ignore everything I just said. The fact that our coach isn't someone who just chases money. He values family and commitments over material things. Forget that for a second, and he'll just be another mercenary employee hunting for his payday.

You think, that after watching a former beloved player and assistant coach at UConn put an NCAA championship ring on his finger as their head coach...then watch him get run out of out town within 4 years - AND HAVE THE SCHOOL WEASEL OUT OF PAYING HIM THE MONEY THEY OWED HIM...that anyone who has job offers every off-season is going to sign up for that?

What good is a big fat contract if the people paying you have a very recent history of re-negging on their responsibility to pay you?
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

This is getting fun. Now we have pretentious fans from the pretentious school trying to preach to us why our coach would run to uconn. The same school who bitched about BC leaving for the ACC. Once Geno retires, and it's coming soon as he noted, they will be a pretty regular state school. The same school who would not play either pc or URI in OOC games. GTFOH.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

HuskiesAllDay wrote:
Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
Mongo wrote:
I address this.

The facts are, UCONN is not the job it was in the old Big East. The AAC is not a league that will produce any more Final 4 teams than the A10. The A10 have had our share of top 5 ranked teams in the past, the two leagues are very comparable. The main issue is how the Kevin Ollie situation is being handled. He is a former all time great, loved player that is being treated like an enemy. If in fact his infractions are bad enough to terminate his contract, there is a major black cloud over the program. That makes a rebuild that much harder. If they aren’t that bad, then it looks really bad for UCONN, why would any top coach go to a program that would do that to one of their own. As far as $3mm per year, Dan will have plenty of those opportunities down the road with a school that is FAR more appealing of a situation than UCONN is offering. Money isn’t everything for everyone, sometimes people would rather love the situation they are in. I am not naive, Dan could be lured away, but it won’t be simply for $$, there is much more to him than that.

No offense to UCONN, but it’s just not the most attractive job out there by a long shot.
To sum up, UConn offers
-- a dog's breakfast of a league
-- not one but two dingy, poorly-maintained home arenas
-- a spoiled-rotten fan base that doesn't recognize how the world has changed since last it was relevant
-- plummeting attendance
-- an NCAA (or even an FBI) investigation

Yeah, there's an attractive opportunity.

UConn: Where the men are men and the women are champions.

Are you sure that you "come in peace?"
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......yo Huskies, the only peace you came with, so far has been a piece of turd.....bye, bye......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

This link belongs in the Oklahoma thread, but here's the full URI NCAA press conference:

Jarvis Garrett's answer to the coaching rumors:

makes even more sense in full context.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

UConn is Al Bundy...

a broken down has been that cant accept what their lives have become so they sit there and crow about how great they were until they believe their delusions.

they may as well be saying "when I scored 4 touchdowns in a game for Polk High"
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

TruePoint wrote:
Bigsnoop wrote:
Section104 wrote:
Yup - I'm not incredibly concerned with the current openings. Where there may be a worry is if Mack (Xavier) were to take over at Louisville, Willard (Seton Hall) were to leave for Pitt, or Turgeon is let go at Maryland. I don't think Wright would ever leave Villanova unless Duke or UNC were to become available.
Based on what I know, this is the most accurate post I've seen. Hurley probably won't be at URI for life, but it will take more that a mid-major that doesn't know it's a mid-major or one of the most difficult major conference jobs to get him to leave.

My guess is there's a better chance that he's at URI three years from now that at Pitt or UConn.
For the most part I agree, but I guess my question is Willard would leave SHU for Pitt, Hurley would leave URI for SHU, but Hurley would not leave URI for Pitt? Seems like there is an incongruity there.

Note that I'm just questioning this sequence of logic. I am in agreement with the overall point that I am pretty confortable that, based on what is out there for jobs right now, Hurley will be at URI next year.
No incongruity at all, at least not to me. In this scenario, both coaches would be going home to their alma mater. If Hurley makes a move, it will be to a school that is both close to his parents, and where he can make regular runs in the NCAA tournament. People who know him well can verify that.
Last edited by Bigsnoop 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Ah, there is the piece I was looking for. Did not know that Willard is a Pitt alum. Makes sense.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

TruePoint wrote:Ah, there is the piece I was looking for. Did not know that Willard is a Pitt alum. Makes sense.
He played for his father there.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Pete Thamel has a new piece up on the state of affairs on coaching searches around the country. I hesitate to post this on the morning of a game, but this stuff is out there so no point in pretending it doesn't exist. Thamel's perspective as a national writer is the same as it was earlier in the week when he kicked off this latest round of buzz by declaring Hurley the leader for the Pitt job: "it would be stunning, with two prime jobs in the northeast open, if Hurley is back at Rhode Island next season." I have no doubt that Thamel would be stunned by that. I will not be stunned, but as I've been saying we have different perspectives on this. To national people, there isn't really any thought that anyone will ever stay at a smaller job when a bigger job comes calling. They do not consider the specific individuals and situations involved. And who knows, maybe there are universal laws at work here that are always true no matter what the particulars are and there is a reason they don't put any thought into it. We'll see.

Anyway, he has some thoughts on the UConn job that relate to the conversation we had here about it yesterday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/coaching-carou ... 43179.html
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

I finally got the time to read through all the Hurley posts on the UConn Boneyard message board and my conclusion is that they are struggling to find enough plutonium for the flux capacitor that is needed to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of power needed to get back to 2018.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Bigsnoop wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
Bigsnoop wrote:
Based on what I know, this is the most accurate post I've seen. Hurley probably won't be at URI for life, but it will take more that a mid-major that doesn't know it's a mid-major or one of the most difficult major conference jobs to get him to leave.

My guess is there's a better chance that he's at URI three years from now that at Pitt or UConn.
For the most part I agree, but I guess my question is Willard would leave SHU for Pitt, Hurley would leave URI for SHU, but Hurley would not leave URI for Pitt? Seems like there is an incongruity there.

Note that I'm just questioning this sequence of logic. I am in agreement with the overall point that I am pretty confortable that, based on what is out there for jobs right now, Hurley will be at URI next year.
No incongruity at all, at least not to me. In this scenario, both coaches would be going home to their alma mater. If Hurley makes a move, it will be to a school that is both close to his parents, and where he can make regular runs in the NCAA tournament. People who know him well can verify that.

Right on it BigSnoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Kermit Davis (Middle Tennessee State) has left for the open job at Ole Miss:

Ole Miss & Davis should have waited for Middle Tenn St's season to be over (they are still playing in the NIT) before announcing this.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I despise Pete Thamel he just wants to get readers
FattsAndFurious
Steve Chubin

reef wrote:I despise Pete Thamel he just wants to get readers
He’s the only writer pushing Hurley to Pitt, as if he didn’t turn that job down once when it was more valuable.
HuskiesAllDay
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by HuskiesAllDay »

Blue Man wrote:
HuskiesAllDay wrote:

But finally the point that you are all missing that I have barely seen discussed, MONEY! I don't know what UConn can pay its next coach, but the AD knows he will have to pony up. Kevin Ollie was one of the top 10 highest paid coaches in the country. He made over 3MM. Dan Hurley makes 1MM. Money talks. Yes, Hurley has been building something strong at URI. Hes done a nice job. I'm sure he believes strongly in loyalty and family environment etc. But you guys are nuts if you think Dan Hurley is going to turn down 2.5 or 3MM to coach a school with 4 national championships to stay at URI. So keep bashing Uconn and calling it a lateral move. Even if Dan Hurley thinks it is, I am willing to bet he is willing to make a lateral move to double or triple his salary.
Let's talk about MONEY. Since you think it's accidental that no one on this board really brings it up.

Our coach is the son of a parole officer who coached at a high school as a Naismith Hall of Famer with options to make millions in the college and pro ranks. He chose to stay at a school in the inner city because he mattered to the kids and they mattered to him.

Our coach coached a high school program for 9 years with ample opportunity to go elsewhere and make more money when it would've mattered a lot to his family. He stayed there because he believed in it.

Our coach also turned down near as much money as UConn is reportedly offering to coach in a superior conference to the AAC in his home state. Turned down money, planes, etc.

NOW. Ignore everything I just said. The fact that our coach isn't someone who just chases money. He values family and commitments over material things. Forget that for a second, and he'll just be another mercenary employee hunting for his payday.

You think, that after watching a former beloved player and assistant coach at UConn put an NCAA championship ring on his finger as their head coach...then watch him get run out of out town within 4 years - AND HAVE THE SCHOOL WEASEL OUT OF PAYING HIM THE MONEY THEY OWED HIM...that anyone who has job offers every off-season is going to sign up for that?

What good is a big fat contract if the people paying you have a very recent history of re-negging on their responsibility to pay you?
Fair points. I never said otherwise. Ill say it again, I don't know Dan Hurley or what motivates him. But money motivates everyone to some degree. And I think its absurd that there are hundreds of posts on here saying why Hurley will stay at URI or why he wont go to Uconn, but not a single one mentions money. It has to at least be discussed. Everyone on here is acting like Uconn is some god awful program that cant pay him a penny more.

Kevin Ollie has been a horrendous basketball coach the last few years in all aspects of the job. Its not the most upstanding behavior, but if he technically violated rules then he violated his contract. And I know that Dan Hurley and nobody else gives a crap about that. Dan Hurley and nobody else is turning down a job because the school tried to save money when they fired the last guy.

I signed in not to get into a pissing match with you guys (as i said I root for URI), but to shed some light onto all of the posts overstating all of Uconns shortcomings. Its not the Uconn of 10 years ago. But its not nearly as bad as you all make it out to be. And ignoring money entirely, when its possible uconn can triple the guys salary is naive and just dumb. And of course everone just dismisses everything. This entire thread reeks of insecurity by you guys. Well see what happens in a few weeks.
HuskiesAllDay
Frenchy Tomlin

mstyles22 wrote:
HuskiesAllDay wrote:I am a Uconn fan first, but I spend a lot of time in RI (parents summer house) and "root" for URI as a secondary team. I use quotes because the extent is very small, but if URI is on I will root for them over pretty much anyone else. So I come in peace.

With that said, I cant say that I have enjoyed the repeated smack talk you are laying my beloved school. Some of it is legit, but I think you all are seriously overstating it. Yes, Uconn is in a tough spot right now, but I am sure that almost all of it will be corrected now that we got rid of the main problem. Kevin Ollie was a terrible basketball coach and even worse as a manager of the program. We have decent talent on the team, most of it young and none of it was being used properly or maximized. It was even worse the last few years where we had lots of talent that was wasted. We have a winning tradition that stacks with anyone in the country the last 30 years. I will remind you URI fans who see UConn as a lateral move that UConn has won 4 National Championships between URI's most recent NCAA tournament appearances. We have a world class basketball facility/center. The conference is dragging us down a bit, but the AAC had 3 top 25 teams at the end of the year (2nd most) and Cinci is a 2 seed so it is being overblown.

If we're missing the point about money, you're missing the point about what UConn used to be versus what UConn currently is.

If you had to pick a loser from the radical conference realignment from a few years ago, it is UConn hands down. If you're going to compare the A-10 to the AAC, let's be realistic. The AAC has better top-tier programs and less of a floor than the A-10, but it's way closer than you're making it out to be. The A-10 put 3 teams in the dance just like the AAC. And the A-10 at least knows it's a basketball conference, unlike the AAC which seems to be in no mans land: Middling football programs, no built-in rivalries or history. You can pretend that is nothing, but are you as excited to see Tulsa and East Carolina come to Storrs as you were to see Georgetown/Villanova/'Cuse back in the day?

The Big East and Calhoun are gone. So what UConn did in the last 30 years isn't as relevant as you think it is. From 2017 on, URI has 2 NCAA bids and UConn has zero. Who cares?
How am I missing that point? I wrote an entire paragraph stating that I am aware Uconn isnt what it once was, but it not nearly as bad as everyone on here is making it out to be. URI to Uconn is a lateral move? come on.

Nobody on here has even discussed money at all as if it has nothing to do with it. As if potentially tripling someones salary is an afterthoght.
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

HuskiesAllDay wrote:
Fair points. I never said otherwise. Ill say it again, I don't know Dan Hurley or what motivates him. But money motivates everyone to some degree. And I think its absurd that there are hundreds of posts on here saying why Hurley will stay at URI or why he wont go to Uconn, but not a single one mentions money. It has to at least be discussed. Everyone on here is acting like Uconn is some god awful program that cant pay him a penny more. .
I appreciate you coming here to provide the UConn perspective, but your reading comprehension is severely lacking. Lots of posts talk about money. Pretty much everyone is acknowledging that UConn (or Pitt for that matter) can pay significantly more than URI can.
HuskiesAllDay
Frenchy Tomlin

theblueram wrote:This is getting fun. Now we have pretentious fans from the pretentious school trying to preach to us why our coach would run to uconn. The same school who bitched about BC leaving for the ACC. Once Geno retires, and it's coming soon as he noted, they will be a pretty regular state school. The same school who would not play either pc or URI in OOC games. GTFOH.
Wow the denial in this thread is staggering. Who is being pretentious? I came here to try to explain to you all that you are vastly overstating how bad of a job Uconn is. I am well aware that its not as great as it once was. But you all are making it out to be Northwest Dakota St.

I didn't say a single bad thing about URI basketball or Dan Hurley. All I have received are attacks in the replies. So which side is being pretentious and in denial?

You guys are so insecure about this entire thing and so devoid of rationale thought that it is impossible to actually have the reasonable discussion that I intended to have.

Btw your powerhouse program seeking its second NCAA win in 20 years is down at halftime to a team with 13 losses.
HuskiesAllDay
Frenchy Tomlin

sf2010 wrote:
HuskiesAllDay wrote:
Fair points. I never said otherwise. Ill say it again, I don't know Dan Hurley or what motivates him. But money motivates everyone to some degree. And I think its absurd that there are hundreds of posts on here saying why Hurley will stay at URI or why he wont go to Uconn, but not a single one mentions money. It has to at least be discussed. Everyone on here is acting like Uconn is some god awful program that cant pay him a penny more. .
I appreciate you coming here to provide the UConn perspective, but your reading comprehension is severely lacking. Lots of posts talk about money. Pretty much everyone is acknowledging that UConn (or Pitt for that matter) can pay significantly more than URI can.
Not a single one was an overstatement. But go through this thread. Money is barely even discussed and when I tried to introduce it, I got met with "Its allllll about the $$$$$$" (as if thats what I said) and posters letting me know that DH doesn't care about money at all (he must be the first guy).
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

No one here is dumb enough to imagine that money is 0% of his decision making process. But I doubt it's above 25%.

Money is only mentioned in passing due to the overriding belief here that Hurley is about more than the money, which has been proven over the past several off seasons. It's not surprising that an outsider wouldn't have that knowledge, so I'm not holding it against you.
HuskiesAllDay
Frenchy Tomlin

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:UConn is Al Bundy...

a broken down has been that cant accept what their lives have become so they sit there and crow about how great they were until they believe their delusions.

Ok I've seen enough that I don't feel compelled to be nice anymore. You are all delusional jerks.

If Uconn is Al Bundy, what does that make you guys? A program that has done absolute squat in the history of ncaa basketball absolutely destroying a program that has a 20 year resume that stacks up against all other schools in their entire history. Polk High? UCONN HAS TWO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS DECADE. 4 SINCE 1999. THAT IS TWICE AS MANY TITLES AS YOU HAVE NCAA TOURNAMENT WINS. TWICE AS MANY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS AS WINS.

This is insanity to me how delusional you all are. your miracle season is quickly turning into shambles and here you all are throwing shade at someone else. To use your Polk High example; if Polk High is NCAA basketball, Uconn is the captain of the soccer team and URI is the backup Tuba player. nobody knows who you are and nobody cares.

I cant believe I come on here and you guys are calling Uconn fans delusional. Our school has actually accomplished something. A heck of a lot actually. Like more than almost every other school. So at least we have a reason to be delusional about something. What have you guys accomplished? One regular season A-10 championship. WOWZERS. I am awe struck.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......we are fans.....
What did you think was gonna happen on here......?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

HuskiesAllDay wrote: Ok I've seen enough that I don't feel compelled to be nice anymore. You are all delusional jerks.

If Uconn is Al Bundy, what does that make you guys? A program that has done absolute squat in the history of ncaa basketball absolutely destroying a program that has a 20 year resume that stacks up against all other schools in their entire history. Polk High? UCONN HAS TWO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS DECADE. 4 SINCE 1999. THAT IS TWICE AS MANY TITLES AS YOU HAVE NCAA TOURNAMENT WINS. TWICE AS MANY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS AS WINS.

This is insanity to me how delusional you all are. your miracle season is quickly turning into shambles and here you all are throwing shade at someone else. To use your Polk High example; if Polk High is NCAA basketball, Uconn is the captain of the soccer team and URI is the backup Tuba player. nobody knows who you are and nobody cares.

I cant believe I come on here and you guys are calling Uconn fans delusional. Our school has actually accomplished something. A heck of a lot actually. Like more than almost every other school. So at least we have a reason to be delusional about something. What have you guys accomplished? One regular season A-10 championship. WOWZERS. I am awe struck.
lol thanks for coming. You will be missed. Must be nice having all this free time to post on other school's message boards since you don't have any basketball to watch...
HuskiesAllDay
Frenchy Tomlin

section(105) wrote:......we are fans.....
What did you think was gonna happen on here......?
Oh I dunno maybe some shred of intelligence and respect. Fans can have those traits too. My initial argument was simple: Uconn isnt as awful as you make it out to be and we can also pay a lot more money than you. That doesnt gurantee Hurley is leaving, but you cant just ignore those things. That's it. Not one negative about URI. Why does that post call for the responses I got?
HuskiesAllDay
Frenchy Tomlin

sf2010 wrote:No one here is dumb enough to imagine that money is 0% of his decision making process. But I doubt it's above 25%.

Money is only mentioned in passing due to the overriding belief here that Hurley is about more than the money, which has been proven over the past several off seasons. It's not surprising that an outsider wouldn't have that knowledge, so I'm not holding it against you.
Trust me, after a short time spent on here, I am certain that you cant possibly use the qualifier "nobody on here is dumb enough". Because I can ensure to you that there are people on here who are. Just go ahead and read some of the posts in this thread.

And I never said its all about the money, but how many times has Hurley turned down 2.5 or 3MM? guessing none. my opinion means nothing. your opinion means nothing. We will find out what happens in a few weeks.
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

He turned down $2+ million at Rutgers, which is in a major conference, near his home. It's easy to believe he'll turn down UConn
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Another NCAA win in his pocket makes it more likely he STAYS here. It removes any barriers to sustained success. MO NCAA CREDITS!
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

ATPTourFan wrote:Another NCAA win in his pocket makes it more likely he STAYS here. It removes any barriers to sustained success. MO NCAA CREDITS!
Most will say exactly the opposite but actually this makes sense.

Coach stays.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

hrstrat57 wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:Another NCAA win in his pocket makes it more likely he STAYS here. It removes any barriers to sustained success. MO NCAA CREDITS!

Coach stays.
800k a year and counting in NCAA $$
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

hrstrat57 wrote:

Coach stays.
Most, just don't understand Coach Dan Hurley.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

HuskiesAllDay wrote:
sf2010 wrote:No one here is dumb enough to imagine that money is 0% of his decision making process. But I doubt it's above 25%.

Trust me, after a short time spent on here, I am certain that you cant possibly use the qualifier "nobody on here is dumb enough". Because I can ensure to you that there are people on here who are. Just go ahead and read some of the posts in this thread.

And I never said its all about the money, but how many times has Hurley turned down 2.5 or 3MM? guessing none. my opinion means nothing. your opinion means nothing. We will find out what happens in a few weeks.
Hes turned it down at least once, from Rutgers, thats why you are getting flack
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

HuskiesAllDay wrote:

Ok I've seen enough that I don't feel compelled to be nice anymore. You are all delusional jerks.

Enough. Get the fuck out of here, asshole!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Guess the Lap Dogs are anxious.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

HuskiesAllDay wrote:

Twice. Rutgers and St Johns.

You actually did say it's all about the money. In your quote that I referenced and shredded you on.

You are correct. Your opinion means nothing.

There are several on here who's opinion means more than yours on the topic. They have all told you the same thing. Good luck in your coaching search, we've got basketball to play.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

HuskiesAllDay wrote:

That you are here, on a URI board, makes you delusional. GFY.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

We're over enjoying the game and this shit-stirrer is over here trying to get a rise out of people. GFY indeed. Someone should lock this thread until like a week after our last game, this is ridiculous.
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Coach leaves. Cox takes over, book it.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

We'll see. I'll worry about that next week. Or, god willing, a few weeks from now. Cox is good Dan Insurance, though.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

rhodyruckus wrote:We're over enjoying the game and this shit-stirrer is over here trying to get a rise out of people. GFY indeed. Someone should lock this thread until like a week after our last game, this is ridiculous.
This

Now
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Dre3000 wrote:Coach leaves. Cox takes over, book it.
I wouldn't be so sure about that one.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

We are not locking the thread. Let's be grown ups. To the extent we are worried about this UConn troll, we will not be hearing from him anymore. He sleeps with the seanmc94s.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Still not worried in the least about UConn or Pitt . I think he will leave eventually but not this year and not to UConn or Pitt it will be a better job than those two
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

Guys, haven't you heard? He's already on his way to Storrs. The UCONN Blog says so. They're arrogant AND delusional.

mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

HuskiesAllDay wrote:

HAHA. Since you waltzed into our message board on your high horse, you've been DYING for that rant. "I can do 100 pushups in 20 minutes!" How did that feel?

First of all, UConn will never be what it once was. It was a very impressive run. You know it. We know it. Congrats. NOW...welcome to reality where no one, including coaches, players, recruits or anyone without a Kemba Walker bobblehead under their pillow gives a shit about what UConn used to be. Now when you're done deleting the gloat message about us losing (sorry to let you down), kindly get lost.

UConn is the girl that USED to be hot, but now she's put on a few lbs, got some crows feet and wrinkles creeping in and everyone is tired of her shit. "But I USED to be hot!"

We know what we are. The 5 that busted her ass to get in shape, maybe had some work done and is now a solid 7. Not saying we'll ever be a 10 like you once were. But what we are saying is, we're here now. Suddenly dating from the same pool, and one of us isn't handling it well. Want a hint who that is? (It's you)

Also, how did you like that EC 3 in OT? I'm guessing not very much.