3/11 | Davidson Wildcats | 1PM (CBS) (A10 Final)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Re: 3/11 | Davidson Wildcats | 1PM (CBS) (A10 Final)

Unread post by PeteRI »

Block of the year by Cyril. Make them pay!!!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Dowtin take it to the middle and either shoot it or dish if they collapse on you.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Here we go. C'mon do it
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

JT going to the basket
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

FUCK FUCK FUCK
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Shouldn't have gone to EC

Congrats Davidson

Blew that one
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Bummer
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

We had this game. We lost two games to Davidson because we could not make ft's. Shot well much of the season from the stripe but it went bad late in the season. A pathetic 9-17 today.
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Tough loss.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Did not think we were going to lose that game.
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

FTs cost us again
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Great game. Our defense was fantastic. Give their D credit. They shut down Bonnies late and gave us no breathing room all day.

Bright side...3 A10 teams in the tourney. Who would have thought that a month ago?
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Atlantic 10 with three teams. Who would have thought that three weeks ago?
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Thats the play we come up with out of a time out? not very good, not even a chance to get a rebound. Not the reason we lost, but just an agonizing way to lose (again)
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Wonder who got bounced?
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Let’s hope Davidson doesn’t knock SBU out of the tourney.
Slava Ukraini!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Tough finish. Solid D by Davidson on that final play. The beautiful thing is that we don't have to sweat anything during the selection show later. Time to get back after it in a few days.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Wonder who got bounced?

Bobby may not speak to Dan for months.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Have to say Grady as a freshman is pretty damn good. People knocked the A10 this year, with many young teams and new coaches, but the teams can play. Congrats Davidson.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Welcome to the Dance party Wildcats

Well played.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:Great game. Our defense was fantastic. Give their D credit. They shut down Bonnies late and gave us no breathing room all day.

Bright side...3 A10 teams in the tourney. Who would have thought that a month ago?
Exactly right.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a little concerned about our next game. JT needs to get his head straight and we need to make free throws!!!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Bright side of this weekend is that it erased the horrible memories from the last week of the regular season. Time to get ready for the next game this Thursday or Friday. We are dancing for the 2nd year in row.
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I can't resist.

Jared Terrell covering Aldridge in the post. 2 fouls. Takes him out of the game. Maybe asking your guards to do that is a little much.

Only needing one point in the end and we take a fade away 3 pointer? Because no height. Put Berry in once in the end. I thought it was worth it down the stretch because we shut Davidson down with Langevine. But once you have 20 seconds. 10 seconds. One chance to score. Maybe Berry who damn near scores at will should be in the game.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Honestly as much as I wanted the trophy and banner, this works well for the A10. Three teams getting a bid is a good thing for this conference, especially in a "down" year.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

52% from the line
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Davidson played hard. They are well coached. They earned it.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Sometimes you just come up short. Couldn't be more proud of this team's effort.
Also, a great game for the league on national tv.
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

This entire board should be concerned, we went from a 7 to an 8/9 seed. We're going to draw a team like Florida State or Virginia Tech .... rather be a 10 seed... certainly not heading into the tournament with any momentum.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

14-16
9-17

There's your ball game.
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

It seems the Rhode Island Rams never seem to really believe they are worthy of winning when it counts. They need to learn how to meditate and visualize their foul shots going in easily and effortlessly not to mention winning games easily and effortlessly --instead of playing not to lose. This goes all the way back to the 1990s in the Elite 8 when they let Stanford get in their heads when they told Tyson Wheeler to "choke" if I remember correctly.
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

All credit to Davidson - very hard fought (if not we’ll-played) on both sides!

Tired legs big part for both teams, but really proud of the way our guys clawed back in this. Now we pray to the bracketology gods for favorable matchups!!!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

TulaneGradRamFan wrote:It seems the Rhode Island Rams never seem to really believe they are worthy of winning when it counts. They need to learn how to meditate and visualize their foul shots going in easily and effortlessly not to mention winning games easily and effortlessly --instead of playing not to lose. This goes all the way back to the 1990s in the Elite 8 when they let Stanford get in their heads when they told Tyson Wheeler to "choke" if I remember correctly.
Huh?
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

sf2010 wrote:All credit to Davidson - very hard fought (if not we’ll-played) on both sides!

Tired legs big part for both teams, but really proud of the way our guys clawed back in this. Now we pray to the bracketology gods for favorable matchups!!!
If we made free throws we could leave religion out of this. :|
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

TulaneGradRamFan wrote:It seems the Rhode Island Rams never seem to really believe they are worthy of winning when it counts. They need to learn how to meditate and visualize their foul shots going in easily and effortlessly not to mention winning games easily and effortlessly --instead of playing not to lose. This goes all the way back to the 1990s in the Elite 8 when they let Stanford get in their heads when they told Tyson Wheeler to "choke" if I remember correctly.
Literally the last two games they closed out hugely clutch down the stretch. Literally the last two days.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

theblueram wrote:
Huh?
Dude! Don't Bogart that spliff!
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Shinze88 wrote:This entire board should be concerned, we went from a 7 to an 8/9 seed. We're going to draw a team like Florida State or Virginia Tech .... rather be a 10 seed... certainly not heading into the tournament with any momentum.

I'm really not worried about the seed at this point. 7, 8 or 9 it's going to be a toss up in the first round anyway and the second round is going to be mt. Everest. Once we blew our way out of a 4 then a 5 then a 6...to me this game was only about the A10 banner. Disappointed to not get it, but don't think this game has any significant impact on the NCAAs

much different feel last year...we were on a good run going into the A10 tourney and pretty much rolled through uncontested. went into the NCAAs with a ton of confidence. I don't think we would have any more or less confidence with a win today.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote:
theblueram wrote:
Huh?
Dude! Don't Bogart that spliff!
Huh?
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

Bonnies a 9 seed, Davidson 10, us an 11...............Bonnies had the best group1-2 record, Davidson beat us twice at the end of the season.

Our "short comings" showed late in the year against three experienced coaches.....Still a really good year as a fan.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

theblueram wrote:
Huh?

yeah...not sure I get this one either.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

CTRamfan wrote:Bonnies a 9 seed, Davidson 10, us an 11...............Bonnies had the best group1-2 record, Davidson beat us twice at the end of the season.

Our "short comings" showed late in the year against three experienced coaches.....Still a really good year as a fan.
Us an 11? Bwahahahaha
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

CTRamfan wrote:Bonnies a 9 seed, Davidson 10, us an 11...............Bonnies had the best group1-2 record, Davidson beat us twice at the end of the season.

Those seeds are not happening.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

I really don't think we'll be "punished" for this loss. Think we'll be a 7.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I'm sorry...horseshit...this team plays to win...no effects from the 90s on this group, when these guys weren't even born....
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

You think we went from a 7 seed to an 11 seed for losing our conference championship game by a point?? Please go away.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I hope you're not driving anywhere, you're clearly drunk
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

NEWS FLASH

Teams that make 52.9% of their free throws don't win championships.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Tough loss to swallow with two possessions and needing 2 points to win a championship.

Fair point to me. Davidson did just beat URI twice in 10 days. Doesn't matter how close it was. We are so far from the 3-4 weeks ago seeding projections.

Still will be fun. Game at a time now.

Just want to highlight the good stuff today in preparing for the next game and then try to work with the bad stuff. If they can work on some stuff and tweak. Then get a handful of points out of it would be huge.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
I'm sorry...horseshit...this team plays to win...no effects from the 90s on this group, when these guys weren't even born....
And, they weren't even alive in "78" lol
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:I can't resist.

Jared Terrell covering Aldridge in the post. 2 fouls. Takes him out of the game. Maybe asking your guards to do that is a little much.

Only needing one point in the end and we take a fade away 3 pointer? Because no height. Put Berry in once in the end. I thought it was worth it down the stretch because we shut Davidson down with Langevine. But once you have 20 seconds. 10 seconds. One chance to score. Maybe Berry who damn near scores at will should be in the game.
100%
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING