NCAA Tournament - General Discussion

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: NCAA Tournament - General Discussion

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Yes, but Kaminsky wasn't today's Kaminsky until his
junior season.
Player development by Bo and his staff, according to Kaminsky.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Running Ram wrote:Neither team would be able to compete for the title without outstanding post play, sure college BB is more guard centric than NBA BB, but outstanding post play is the difference between competing for a title and competing for a spot in the tourney. I think its pretty clear from all the championship games I've watched and it hasn't changed in 32 years. An outstanding team can be built without but to date none of those outstanding teams without a good post product has won a title. This is observation and it doesn't in any manner mean I am assuming we won't get there too, just to make the point of the importance of post play and why many are anxious to see the puzzle be completed for Rhody.
A knowledgeable guy putting things in perspective…..

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12674224
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

bressler3south wrote:
Running Ram wrote:Neither team would be able to compete for the title without outstanding post play, sure college BB is more guard centric than NBA BB, but outstanding post play is the difference between competing for a title and competing for a spot in the tourney. I think its pretty clear from all the championship games I've watched and it hasn't changed in 32 years. An outstanding team can be built without but to date none of those outstanding teams without a good post product has won a title. This is observation and it doesn't in any manner mean I am assuming we won't get there too, just to make the point of the importance of post play and why many are anxious to see the puzzle be completed for Rhody.
A knowledgeable guy putting things in perspective…..

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12674224
I feel the same thing about Walton as a college player.
Ashcat
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ashcat »

There will be 1st and 2nd round tourney games held at the Dunk this coming March. In the past, NCAA has charged the same price for lower level seats as for upper so if you’re planning on attending and have purchased tickets directly from the NCAA in the past, the presale will begin mid-May. Be prepared to open those wallets up extra wide. $125.00/seat a few years back if my VISA card remembers correctly! I can't resist a tourney game in my backyard and there is nothing like watching a few games on those sweet looking NCAA courts.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I did the presale through a PC season ticket holders code back in April. I believe the ticket prices were $275 lower arena and top center, and $225 for the upper bowl not top center. You have no idea where your seats are, but I did best available and was placed in the $225 bracket up top.
Ashcat
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ashcat »

Damn. The e-mail I got a few days back from the NCAA made it sound like the tickets were not yet available and that an e-mail with the-presale was forthcoming. Sounds like lots of tickets are being held back for the schools that actually make the tourney and the "host team" which one has to assume will be PC. I'll have to decide when I get the email if its worth it. I suppose an option always available is to miss the first round and purchase seats from fans of the eliminated teams?