A-10 Tournament Semifinal - Dayton - Saturday 4pm

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: A-10 Tournament Semifinal - Dayton - Saturday 4pm

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The core 4 will return better on offense, but they need more.

To me, the new recruits will be the difference maker, one way or the other.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

We are what we are. Rhody did not beat a single NCAA tournament team this year. URI had several close games vs tourney teams but always came up a bit short against the better teams. Scoring droughts, poor ft shooting, and/or too many turnovers typically did them in. The defense was usually not a problem. Most all the losses can be traced to issues on offense.

0-6 versus the RPI top 50 which are the likely NCAA tournament teams.

6-1 versus the RPI 51-100 which is where most of the NIT field is from.

That record pretty much says URI is an NIT team.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'll have to check rosters when the field is announced, but besides Kentucky and Duke, I wonder how many will start 2 Freshmen and 2 Sophomores and 1 Senior. If we made the Dance this year we would have probably been one of the youngest teams in the field.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RF1, that sums it up quite well.

Close but no cigar.

We only lost 2 games this season to RPI 100+ teams. GT and St. Joes, by a total of 4 points.

In 4 of our 6 losses to the top 50, we lost by 5 points or less.

Of course, in a few games against RPI 200+ teams, we barely escaped.

We lived on the edge all season.
Last edited by rambone 78 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

blueram that sums it up even better, I wonder the same thing. Not many teams starting 1 guy who is a Junior or Senior.

78 none of our "new recruits" thus far are as highly touted as the Core 4 were (sans Iverson, but transfers always take time to mesh) -- why would they be the key versus improvements made by our 4 best players? If Garrett and Terrell are double figure scorers next year (which they both have the potential to be), and legit 3 pt threats, that would be a far greater added piece than anything Butts or Thompson will bring.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

IF, a very small word, that can mentally change the world,
as far and one can imagine.
We can play the IF game from now until doomsday.
The facts are, we don't deserve to be in the NCAAs.
We didn't beat anyone of significance. We were very close in so many
games and could not finish games.
We have no single player to carry us through crunch time.
There are no Big Papis in our lineup.
When it mattered most, like yesterday, nobody grabbed the reins
and lead us out of the wilderness.
It was like the end of Lord of The Flies, when the reader suddenly is jolted
back to the reality that these are just young kids who have
gained our interest.
Better days will come, but for this year, we'll step on the smaller NIT stage,
and get ready for prime time in the future.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

BAR, we need quality depth. Those recruits are the key to that.

None of them will probably be stars, but they need to be better than what we had for depth this season, sans TJ of course.

Gil is a big loss, even as inconsistent as he was. When he played well, he was a difference maker for us. Do we have his replacement?

Iverson, and whoever Dan signs in April, are the wild cards.

We went 6 quality deep this season. We need to be at least 8 deep next season.

Our core 4, as good as they are and will be, can't do it by themselves, especially when there's foul trouble, as we saw a lot this season.

For the most part, Biggie, JR, Watson, and Butler were not up to the task. We need better.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Both Gil and TJ are big losses. In order to get to the next level we have to replace them and also add better bench players. Other than TJ (after Jarvis made the starting line-up), we got very little production from our bench. This was especially evident as the season wore on. Our other bigs rarely logged any minutes and key reserves such as Minnis and Reischel didn't add a lot of offensive value. Furthermore, Minnis, Reischel, and Watson were the worst ft shooters (ranging from .423-.444) on the team.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Those numbers killed us, especially Biggie's FT shooting.

It helped negate some of the good play he had at times.

And yes, we DO need another PG. Who backs up JG after next season? Me?
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Reischel did 3 things in every game he played in, it seemed.
Dribble into a crowd and loose the ball.
Miss a layup.
Miss two free throws.
Watson faded to nothing in February, which shows how little faith
the staff has in him, for whatever reason.
Butler was the invisible man, along with Iffy.
Biggie got time, because somebody had to back up Garrett.
Depth was a big problem, especially in light of all our foul problems.
If Thompson and Butts can give us some good minutes, and Iverson
becomes anywhere near the player as advertised, that would be
a quantum leap over what we now have.
Of course, we need a big to replace Gilvydas. Actually we need two bigs,
but I don't see that happening.
I'm sure Dan will bring in someone to replace Biggie, so let's not get
all worked up about what happens after next year.
I'm not sold on tying up a scholarship for a whole year, while Sina sits out.
Unless he can get a waiver, which seems unlikely, I don't think he's worth
not having whatever scholarship he'd take.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

What bothered me the most about yesterday's loss was the way it happened. We didn't have to play out best to win that game. But, it's over and it's best to just move on.

As a positive about this weekend, I think Jarvis grew leaps and bounds as a starting pg. No pressure problems there. He had his best overall game on Friday and a very solid game yesterday. We also saw some good shooting from him.

Whenever we see high turnovers, the natural initial thought is that the pg must have had a bad game. Numerous times he would make a good pass to someone else who would lose it.

It's very difficult to have any team, especially a young one, where the starters have to be almost perfect to win because there's no help from the bench.

From the Irony Department, consider this. Hassan is one of our favorites. Yet, we're hoping he's injured to make us feel better about a poor performance.

We're heading to the NIT and that's where we belong. Considering where we've come from, that's not bad.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hassan may well be hurt. However, if it was the knee,
he's had some damned good games after that injury.
I think he had the yips playing in front of friends and family in NYC.
He had a horrendous game at Fordham earlier this year.
Not everyone is Sly Williams, who can come out in front
of an arena of booing fans, and nail the number one team in the
country for 33 points in his second collegiate game.
Everyone reacts differently to different types of pressure, real or imagined.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Would trade Sina for Butler in a heartbeat
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

That's not what the issue is.
I'd replace Hassan with Jalil Okafor in a heartbeat.
I'd replace EC with Georges Niang in a heartbeat.
Totally irrelevant.
Next!
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

If we lose 2 of JR, Iffy and Butler I would seriously consider taking Sina. Especially if we can get a solid guy to replace Gil. Too bad Gil did not play all year like he did the last 3 games--it was quite a turnaround.
Ben
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Ben »

Thoughts from a (now) casual observer: This team is exactly where they should be (not in the dance). I'm actually surprised at the lack of discipline that this team shows. Not bashing the coach, but I did expect more from this team by the end of year 3 of the Hurley era. Losing certain players has not helped. But, the kids that are here do things that I didn't expect them to be doing at this point. Even their most "talented" players often demonstrate poor decision making, lack some fundamentals, make foolish choices, etc. I don't see the ball movement and more elaborate plays that I was hoping for. I'm still optimistic and happy to have moved on from the prior coach. But, if they don't go to the NCAA tournament next year, disappointment will set in for real. They need more depth for starters. I still believe in this coach. I hope they don't plateau at this level.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Ben, nice to hear from you! Long time.

Yes, I agree with you about some of the things even our core 4 do at times.

The 2 biggest culprits are EC and Terrell. Hassan does all he can playing out of position, and Jarvis is really improving by leaps and bounds.

Terrell being a freshman, he gets a pass for now. EC is the puzzler, he's taken a step back from where he was late last season.

Hopefully the entire team learns to value the ball a bit better next season. More quality depth will also help solve a lot of the issues with the offense imo.

When the starters get in foul trouble, which is too often, the dropoff to the bench is painfully obvious when it comes to offensive flow.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I was reading in this thread posts that stated we shouldn't expect much out of next year's 3 incoming players. So I went back and read the recruiting threads on these 3 players.
The comments on Butts seem very strong that he will contribute next year at the 4. I verified that he is 6-7 200. The weight program Rhody has for the summer will help.
Thompson seems like a good size SG. I am hoping he has a better outside shot than Terrill.
Iverson could be a difference maker at 6-9 (I realize he game isn't underneath). I don't get the comment that transfer take time to fit in. He will have been with the team practicing for 12 months before he plays. He should gel much more than a Fr.

Rhody needs someone who can play the 5 right away. A JUCO or post grad transfer (eligible right away).
“We will be good when we are good.”
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

I think EC gets a little pass, as it's clear that he had very little backcourt help to take some of the pressure off of him. He had more freedom with X being the man last year. Being the go to guy as a young sophomore is a lot easier said than done especially with the pre-season expectations. Had Butler been the shooter we all expected, or if the three transfers played to a little higher level there may have been some help . I never expected the freshmen to be as good as they both turned out to be and think our guys did exceedingly well despite having a bad game against Dayton. I also don't think that you can blame the coach, even if you say you're not
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

When you think about all the minutes that JG and JT played this year as freshmen, and the pressure that was put on them due to not having much of a bench, it was quite an accomplishment.

Also to play the D that they did, I guess it's easy to see why they struggled at times on the offensive end.

They were asked to do a LOT. And they did it. Both are going to be major stars for 3 more years.

Hassan and EC should come back healthy, with no more nagging injuries that they had to deal with for a big part of the season.

No worries with those 4. As for the newcomers, I just hope that they are an upgrade over the others who are coming back. April's signee will be huge also.

If so, that will put us over the top. Next season, I want us to be IN the Dance, before the conference tourney starts.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Elite defense is in place. Despite the worst game I witnessed all year ( GT might have been as bad ) we had the game at the end to win against the most athletic team in the league.

Next year preseason the next step is to design elite offensive sets built to our strengths. I saw some signs of this a few weeks ago but we never really had sets in place to give us scoring chances. We were mostly accidental offense in the half court all season.

I still think we have the personnel in place to build a dynamic offense and I hope we have the coaching staff to do it. Iverson should help and agree next signing period needs to produce higher level of athlete equal to the remaining core 4.

However as a coach I always built defense first and emphasized effort. This team accomplished that beyond my wildest dreams. Dayton for example had high level set plays that killed us in the first game. Yesterday we shut it all down. That is why it is so disappointing. Aside from Wisconsin and Kentucky I truly thought this team could shut anyone down.

Too bad.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

rodfromcranston wrote:That's not what the issue is.
I'd replace Hassan with Jalil Okafor in a heartbeat.
I'd replace EC with Georges Niang in a heartbeat.
Totally irrelevant.
Next!
Those two aren't transferring and considering URI.
Next!
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We don't need an elite offense. Just a more efficient one.

Stop giving the ball away, especially when NOT under pressure.

An average offense will suffice. And hopefully a late game take charge guy emerges.

Dan used the "youth" excuse after the game. Starting next season, that won't cut it.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

We have to have some of the worst and least knowledgeable fans in the country (we also have some of the best, to be fair). Our team is four nineteen year olds and some role players of varying quality. To make it seem like the four kids are in any way behind is absurd. With the possible exception of Will Daniels, you're talking about the best four players to come through the program since the 90s. They obviously have improving to do because they are all still in the earlier stages of their careers here, but hearing some of the things I've heard since the game ended yesterday is driving me nuts. This program did more this year than could have reasonably been expected, reached their realistic ceiling for this season and have given every reason to expect that they will continue their ascent next year.

I would consider an A10 semi and the NIT a disappointment next year, but this year it an an accomplishment. The team should be applauded, not questioned and picked apart.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote:We don't need an elite offense. Just a more efficient one.

Stop giving the ball away, especially when NOT under pressure.

An average offense will suffice. And hopefully a late game take charge guy emerges.

Dan used the "youth" excuse after the game. Starting next season, that won't cut it.
Agree Rambone.

However I think we have the pieces to build an elite offense. Iverson and the core 4 should certainly at least be the equal of Dayton this year.

Need a big tho and now!
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote:We have to have some of the worst and least knowledgeable fans in the country (we also have some of the best, to be fair). Our team is four nineteen year olds and some role players of varying quality. To make it seem like the four kids are in any way behind is absurd. With the possible exception of Will Daniels, you're talking about the best four players to come through the program since the 90s. They obviously have improving to do because they are all still in the earlier stages of their careers here, but hearing some of the things I've heard since the game ended yesterday is driving me nuts. This program did more this year than could have reasonably been expected, reached their realistic ceiling for this season and have given every reason to expect that they will continue their ascent next year.

I would consider an A10 semi and the NIT a disappointment next year, but this year it an an accomplishment. The team should be applauded, not questioned and picked apart.
Yup.
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

rodfromcranston wrote:It's like having a chance to date Charlize Theron and winding up
with Lena Dunham, instead.

I just threw up in my mouth
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TP, I think the problem here, is the level of expectations.

These 4 kids have been hyped to the point where anything short of perfection is disappointing.

We know they aren't perfect, no one is, but when we lose some of these games, and the way we lose them, just brings the frustration level to a head.

We want to win, we want to win NOW, and we haven't won anything in ages. it's hard to be patient sometimes.

We're no different than other passionate fans on many other message boards, it's human nature to be "up" after an exciting win, and down after a brutal loss.

We are sick and tired of brutal losses, especially when we're SO close to success.

Does that make us bad or stupid, to feel that way, TP?
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Bone, there are legit critiques to be made of everyone on the team, including the Core Four and the coach. As you said, they aren't perfect. I have my own opinions of things I'd like to see improved. When you're an NIT team, there is room to do better by definition.

I just think there is a time and a place for everything. We have eight months to talk about what a certain player can improve on or what the team overall needs to do better to take the next step. But right now, I hate feeling like what this young and inexperienced team accomplished is being ignored and going unappreciated and instead they are getting criticized for all of the things they don't do great yet. For example: yes, the inexperienced "excuse" will eventually expire, but for a team where your best four players are so young it is still relevant. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Why even say they can't use it next year? Let them try to use it before you criticize them for it.

To me, the good with this team this year so far outweighed the bad that it makes for a terrible look for our fan base to take such a negative tone right now.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TP, I think it's just the nature of the beast to criticize when you lose.

It's certainly NOT all negative surrounding this team, even with it's warts it came so close to Dancing.

It's when you finally get that close, only to fall just short, that it hits home and people go nuts.

I'm actually quite satisfied where we are right now, like others I could see we're not quite ready to take on the big boys on the national scene.

I'd love to see us make a run in the NIT, we're as good as any other team that will be playing in it.

Like Dan says, we're in it to win it. We're not going to lie down and quit, that's for sure.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

As I've said several times, I'm happy with the progress of the program,
and optimistic about the future.
However, most of the negative sprouted from what we saw yesterday.
The frustration over EC's not being able to find anyone but himself when he has the ball.
Hassan's no show weekend. Injury or family and friend jitters?
TJ played his worst game of the year Saturday. Fact.
TWENTY ONE turnovers! Think about that for one second.
TWENTY ONE times we had a possession without getting a shot.
Make 10% of those, and you have a tie game, assuming the two makes are two pointers.
Damned right that was frustrating.
Want to know who the most frustrated person was? Dan Hurley.
So, yes, most of us are happy with this year, overall. Most of us are unhappy
with the performance in the biggest game of the year.
You can't paint it all as everyone is stupid, because we didn't like what happened
on 3-14-15, versus what happened in the entirety of the season, which is as
yet, unfinished.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Well the nature of the beast sucks. We should strive to be better than that. Nobody likes to lose, least of all me. I do and say ridiculous things out of unchecked rage when we lose. But I think in the aftermath of the final loss (I know there is the NIT, but the dream died with the end of the Dayton game) of a good season, you have to be able to separate the disappointment from losing that one game from how you feel about the season overall.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

This is the Dayton thread.

Fact - we shut down the most athletic team in the league.

Fact - we couldn't score and we tossed away 21 opportunities to score.

Agree I enjoyed the season and watching this team grow and if I recall I saw every single minute of it......

Start another thread and I'll join in on the lovefest.....but I stand by my comments - this loss was extremely disappointing, to get where you need to be as a team and pretty much throw the opportunity away, yeah you bet I am a disappointed fan......
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

TruePoint wrote:Well the nature of the beast sucks. We should strive to be better than that. Nobody likes to lose, least of all me. I do and say ridiculous things out of unchecked rage when we lose. But I think in the aftermath of the final loss (I know there is the NIT, but the dream died with the end of the Dayton game) of a good season, you have to be able to separate the disappointment from losing that one game from how you feel about the season overall.
TP- I'm doing less reading here and consoling myself with the clear knowledge that this team, the players themselves, are tighter than ever and that their coaches are telling them all of the right things and letting them know how proud of them they are. I'm also doing a lot of looking at those senior day pictures at the end of the St. Joe's game thread because they are pretty close to perfection.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Rod, yes we're young, but will the turnover bug continue to bite us next year?

This can't continue to happen, if we're ever going to Dance or get anywhere in the Dance.

How good are we, really? This is on the team and the coach. Both of them.

Are we really going to be as good as we think, or hope?

That uncertainty is the biggest question that has to be answered down the road.

We are expecting great things. Are we setting ourselves up for a fall?
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I guess the answer is baked in the question, Will we be better next year than this year? We were a bubblicious team who finished second in the A10 and made it to the semifinals and lost by a handful. If we are better next year, we will dance. We lose Gil and TJ. So far, we gain Iverson and two freshman, Thompson and Butts. So, do our freshman and sophmores (this year) get better next year and Dance? Me thinks they do.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

{Repeat button on}

The biggest downer for me is unlike others I do feel this team was ready to compete on a national level.....further I believe this defense could shut any team down except Wisconsin and Kentucky....they are just too big and strong.

That is why I am so frustrated by 21 turnovers and countless missed layups and bricks.......we shut down Dayton, made threes and freethrows did everything we needed to do.....except take care of the ball and make layups.

If I recall correctly Calhoun started his epic UConn run with a packed house in NYC watching a Connecticut team win the NIT.

Let's just go win the darn thing.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Rod, yes we're young, but will the turnover bug continue to bite us next year?
It depends. Are you expecting an improvement or perfection? I would shocked if our young guards don't take better care of the ball as they become more experienced.
This can't continue to happen, if we're ever going to Dance or get anywhere in the Dance.
Honest question: are you expecting no improvement from our players over the course of their careers?
How good are we, really? This is on the team and the coach. Both of them.
Fourth best team in the conference this year, and just a bit shy of tournament caliber, as a young team that is returning its four best players and adding some interesting pieces to the mix.

What is "on" the coaches and the players, exactly?
Are we really going to be as good as we think, or hope?

Yes.
That uncertainty is the biggest question that has to be answered down the road.
Isn't uncertainty always a question that needs to be answered? I don't even really get what this sentence means.
We are expecting great things. Are we setting ourselves up for a fall?
No.
ClassOf2017
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by ClassOf2017 »

I have to say, being a sophomore at URI and seeing the amazing transition from my freshmen year to now is amazing. A lot of you guys are trashing on them, their still learning. Hassan Martin got cold feet infront of his home crowd. It happens, he's a great kid on and off the court. And our whole student body recongizes that. Our seniors kept us in the game, laying everything out on the court. We have a young team which next year will be one of the top competitors in our division. 6-1 vs NIT teams , 0-6 against NCAA tournament teams. From this tournament I see an improved team and a team that is going to be determined to get to that tournament next year. A lot of good things showed during our tournament, we need to work on our offense and will be lethal, hopefully our new recruits will follow the leaders on the team. Im Extremely proud of the URI basketball program which has a lot to do with Hurley. All the students and I at URI can't wait to see our team win next year and go big! For all you negative alumni out there! Relax! I know your anxious to see your team do something big. You can't climb a tree without a ladder. GoRhody! NIT here we come !
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

ClassOf2017 wrote:I have to say, being a sophomore at URI and seeing the amazing transition from my freshmen year to now is amazing. A lot of you guys are trashing on them, their still learning. Hassan Martin got cold feet infront of his home crowd. It happens, he's a great kid on and off the court. And our whole student body recongizes that. Our seniors kept us in the game, laying everything out on the court. We have a young team which next year will be one of the top competitors in our division. 6-1 vs NIT teams , 0-6 against NCAA tournament teams. From this tournament I see an improved team and a team that is going to be determined to get to that tournament next year. A lot of good things showed during our tournament, we need to work on our offense and will be lethal, hopefully our new recruits will follow the leaders on the team. Im Extremely proud of the URI basketball program which has a lot to do with Hurley. All the students and I at URI can't wait to see our team win next year and go big! For all you negative alumni out there! Relax! I know your anxious to see your team do something big. You can't climb a tree without a ladder. GoRhody! NIT here we come !
Nice 1st post! Excellent!
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ClassOf2017 wrote:I have to say, being a sophomore at URI and seeing the amazing transition from my freshmen year to now is amazing. A lot of you guys are trashing on them, their still learning. Hassan Martin got cold feet infront of his home crowd. It happens, he's a great kid on and off the court. And our whole student body recongizes that. Our seniors kept us in the game, laying everything out on the court. We have a young team which next year will be one of the top competitors in our division. 6-1 vs NIT teams , 0-6 against NCAA tournament teams. From this tournament I see an improved team and a team that is going to be determined to get to that tournament next year. A lot of good things showed during our tournament, we need to work on our offense and will be lethal, hopefully our new recruits will follow the leaders on the team. Im Extremely proud of the URI basketball program which has a lot to do with Hurley. All the students and I at URI can't wait to see our team win next year and go big! For all you negative alumni out there! Relax! I know your anxious to see your team do something big. You can't climb a tree without a ladder. GoRhody! NIT here we come !
Love everything about this!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

This...+ 10000
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Welcome aboard! I was so encouraged to meet as many students as I did this weekend in Brooklyn. You guys have a great attitude about the program and all of us old guys appreciate you coming out and making the Ryan a great place to play.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Actually, I know some people who can climb trees without a ladder.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Hmm let's see

Year 1 - 8 wins
Year 2 - 14 wins
Year 3 - 22 wins

Jim Cramer is yelling BUY!

Talked to a few Dayton fans after the game yesterday and all said the same thing, "you guys are going to be the #1 team in the league next year! go win the NIT".
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

We get grumpy as we age, kid. You'll see.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Actually, I know some people who can climb trees without a ladder.
Millions of Filipino's do it.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote:Hmm let's see

Year 1 - 8 wins
Year 2 - 14 wins
Year 3 - 22 wins

Talked to a few Dayton fans after the game yesterday and all said the same thing, "you guys are going to be the #1 team in the league next year! go win the NIT".
Booyaaa!!!!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

bigappleram wrote:Hmm let's see

Year 1 - 8 wins
Year 2 - 14 wins
Year 3 - 22 wins

And,

3-13
5-11
13-5