Brooklyn Roll Call

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Brooklyn Roll Call

Unread post by TruePoint »

I am in for the full weekend. Heading down Friday morning. Who else is in for what?
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steviep123
Sly Williams

Re: Brooklyn Roll Call

Unread post by steviep123 »

I'm in for most of the weekend.

Getting in Friday afternoon and will be at the Rhody game Friday night. I'll be in town until sometime on Sunday. I plan to go to every game Rhody is in and potentially still go to the championship regardless of what Rhody does.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Heading down Friday morning, hoping to get into Brooklyn by early afternoon. Taking it day by day based on how Rhody does, hopefully a stay until Sunday is in order. Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys. I've gathered BWW is the consensus plan immediately before the game? Staying with some old roomates I haven't seen in years so we may grab dinner elsewhere, then head to BWW.
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Present!
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Blue Man »

Future wife and myself will be there the whole weekend. Staying the the BB Marriott. There's a BBQ place I want to check out/booze my face off in before any BWW attempts.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

i will be for the whole weekend, going to semis and finals regardless
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

When (not if) URI wins on Friday, I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

Blue Man, are you referring to Dinosaur's? If so, I am dying to check that place out as well.
runninrams5
Steve Chubin

Unread post by runninrams5 »

Will be there all weekend
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

I will be driving down Friday after work... (please no traffic)...will be there the rest of the weekend
Clapton is God
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Well I live here so see you gents tomorrow. Lets be a loud and proud Rhody Nation!

The Dinosaur in Syracuse is much better than the NYC versions....the food inside Barclays is very good, especially reco Cafe Habana (ridic cuban sandwich) or Fatty Crab.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

gorhody89 wrote:I will be driving down Friday after work... (please no traffic)...will be there the rest of the weekend
Gorhody, as someone who has done the drive 500+ times I reco you drive to Stamford, park your car, and take Metro North or Amtrak into NYC. Will save you lots of stress in driving that last 60 miles which is the most treacherous part, navigating NYC once you get here and expensive parking garages (30-40 bucks a day). The lot in Stamford is like 10 bucks a day, and covered.
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

Getting in Friday afternoon. Staying until Sunday. Going to Saturday's games no matter what. Hopefully URI is playing. Only going on Sunday if Rhody is in otherwise heading home Sunday morning.
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

There on Friday and...
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

bigappleram wrote:
gorhody89 wrote:I will be driving down Friday after work... (please no traffic)...will be there the rest of the weekend
Gorhody, as someone who has done the drive 500+ times I reco you drive to Stamford, park your car, and take Metro North or Amtrak into NYC. Will save you lots of stress in driving that last 60 miles which is the most treacherous part, navigating NYC once you get here and expensive parking garages (30-40 bucks a day). The lot in Stamford is like 10 bucks a day, and covered.
Thank you sir...was thinking of picking an Amtrak up in either new Haven or Stamford to avoid the headache
Clapton is God
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

89 you could get metro north and probably save a bunch of money
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

SmartyBarrett wrote:When (not if) URI wins on Friday, I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

Blue Man, are you referring to Dinosaur's? If so, I am dying to check that place out as well.
I was talking about Morgan's - but I'm open to just start to get shifty with some Rhody friends anywhere.

I haven't had a great Rhody birthday weekend since the 6th grade, so I'm hoping for one this year. I'll eat out of the garbage and sleep on the sidewalk and be fine as long as we win.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

There is a rumor that Shitty Jim is going.
NJ03
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NJ03 »

Considering I live a 20 minute subway ride from Barclays I will be there with 5 to 6 others for each game Rhody is in.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote:
SmartyBarrett wrote:When (not if) URI wins on Friday, I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

I was talking about Morgan's - but I'm open to just start to get shifty with some Rhody friends anywhere.

I haven't had a great Rhody birthday weekend since the 6th grade, so I'm hoping for one this year. I'll eat out of the garbage and sleep on the sidewalk and be fine as long as we win.
I mentioned in the other thread, I'm going to eat at Smoke Joint before heading to BWW to watch the Dayton and PC games. It is right around the corner from Barclays/BWW so if you're looking to eat BBQ on Friday it could be an option. I think if we are so fortunate as to have a game on Saturday I will grab lunch closer to the hotel before heading over to Barclay's/BWW area.

We also need to think about post-game meet up places for after the game Friday.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

TruePoint wrote:
Blue Man wrote:

I mentioned in the other thread, I'm going to eat at Smoke Joint before heading to BWW to watch the Dayton and PC games. It is right around the corner from Barclays/BWW so if you're looking to eat BBQ on Friday it could be an option. I think if we are so fortunate as to have a game on Saturday I will grab lunch closer to the hotel before heading over to Barclay's/BWW area.

We also need to think about post-game meet up places for after the game Friday.
I could swing that as well. Also found this place called the Hollow Nickle a block away from Barclay's. They do brunch 11-4 on the weekend, and they. have. a. whiskey. menu.

I will probably move in here and post up. Any place that lists bourbon cocktails on their menu is getting my business. Probably all of it.

www.hollownickel.com - I am voting this as the KBB home for the weekend.

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Smokinjimit wrote:There is a rumor that Shitty Jim is going.
HAHAHAHAHA!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

I'll probably come down for Saturday's game if Rhody wins on Friday night.
steviep123
Sly Williams

I'm up for meeting you wherever. While I'll be there the whole weekend, how many games we go to depends on Rhody. I'd like to do the finals no matter what, but I'm still negotiating with the wife on that one..... we'll see.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

hollow nickel looks like it could be a definite contender for KBB home base.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'll be there for the finals to watch Rhody clinch.
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Planning on heading down Friday morning and staying as URI is in it so hopefully all weekend. Might catch Saturday games even if URI is not in it though.
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Heading down with my brother Friday morning. Will be staying until Sunday. I will be at BWW before the 9 PM game.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Been to Brooklyn many times as a college friend until recently lived in Park Slope on Prospect Park West. Great pizza at Grimaldi's in DUMBO (down under the Manhattan Bridge overpass) at the corner of Front and Old Fulton Streets. It is near the Brooklyn Bridge area. It is a NYC institution.

http://www.grimaldispizzeria.com/
Last edited by RF1 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Hope all of you have a blast! I'll be listening for your cheers on TV!
Slava Ukraini!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

If our mothers let us skip school on Friday me, seanmc and peeps are gonna ride down together......
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This thread is making me extremely jealous...
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

Will be leaving Kingston at around 12:00. I'm gonna be there until Rhody loses. Hope to see you guys there. 8-)
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Arriving tomorrow morning... Be there through Sunday
89er
Michael Andersen

Unread post by 89er »

I'm going to my first A10 Tourney since it was held at the Spectrum in Philly. The last meaningful tourney game I witnessed in person was at the Kiel Center in St.Louis against Stanford....Excited to be back!!!
Rhodygirl2
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodygirl2 »

My sister and I are going tomorrow, have all session tix so will go to the GW game Thurs night and then all day Friday. My brother will be coming for Sunday for the finals. So excited! Looking forward to seeing how the atmosphere is at Barclays compared to AC but my all time fave for A10s was the Palestra.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

John's Pizza in the city for a proper Lent meal and then out to BWW for pre-game. See you there....Rhody Nation!
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Got tix for fri and sat already
steviep123
Sly Williams

Rhodygirl2 wrote:My sister and I are going tomorrow, have all session tix so will go to the GW game Thurs night and then all day Friday. My brother will be coming for Sunday for the finals. So excited! Looking forward to seeing how the atmosphere is at Barclays compared to AC but my all time fave for A10s was the Palestra.
Loved the Palestra. Saw the A10 tourneys in 92 and 93 there. So much fun. Actually watched St. Joe's vs. Temple in a quarter final. What a fun game and crowd that was!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I'm excited to see the Barclays too
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

In the house now...
thinkin bout checkin out the games tonight
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

Heading down Friday. Hoping to be in Brooklyn by 4:00.
steviep123
Sly Williams

What's the consensus? I'm leaving the Boston area about noon and hope to be in Brooklyn by 4:30 or so. I'm happy to meet people out. PM me if you like - I'll see it on my smartphone. My plan for the w/e is to see at least 2 games. Any game Rhody is in, plus the Championship if Rhody does not win tonight.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

Holy pacos

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Heading to Brooklyn now with my owner.......we are staying at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge.....hoping it turns into a two game adventure...this afternoon and tomorrow......
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Also headed down - on the train now. Staying at the Holiday Inn about a half mile away from Barclays.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

On my way to Brooklyn.
Looking to upgrade seats for today (I am in Sec 225 Row 1).
Would love to get in Rhody section (24 or 25).

Will also be looking to buy a single ticket for the Finals in Sec 24 or 25.

Message me if you have any info.

Go Rhody!
“We will be good when we are good.”
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

83, I'm in 225 too. Row 5.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Stop by for intro. Row 1 seats 18-20. Wearing a blue Rhody jacket.
“We will be good when we are good.”
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Ramulous wrote:Heading to Brooklyn now with my owner.......we are staying at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge.....hoping it turns into a two game adventure...this afternoon and tomorrow......
seanmc is your owner?????????????? What's peeps?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I wish I was in NY. Next year, I definitely have to keep this weekend clear.