A-10 Tournament - Keaney Blue travel and hotel plans

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

A-10 Tournament - Keaney Blue travel and hotel plans

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I've never been, but after last night ...
Does the school sell tickets or packages or do you have to go through the A10 site?
Is there a specific hotel URI fans usually stay at?
Any and all info appreciated.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Re: A10 Tournament

Unread post by RoadyJay »

I just bought my ticket through the URI box office (874-RAMS). Tickets are $165 plus a $15 processing fee. This gets you into every game.

We have been allocated sections 24 and 25. Section 24 is dead center court opposite the team benches. Facing the court, 25 is the section immediately to the left of 24.

Actual seating in these sections will be based on donor level but looks to me there are no bad seats in these two sections.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Can you get individual game tickets or by round....I won't make it down until the semifinals if we make it
Clapton is God
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

I believe you can buy specific session tickets through Barclays/Ticketmaster.

As far as I know, only packages are available through our box office.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I already booked my hotel (Brooklyn Bridge Marriott). Haven't decided what I'm going to do for tix yet.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Nice. The wife and I are thinking about making the trip out to Brooklyn. We should decide in the next week (schedules might prevent this). I'll let you guys know.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

TruePoint wrote:I already booked my hotel (Brooklyn Bridge Marriott). Haven't decided what I'm going to do for tix yet.
I am also at Brooklyn Bridge Marriot with 8 others for a bachelor party. We only have tickets for Saturday at $52 for lower level behind the basket on an angle. If they advance then we will hang around for sunday. Hoping to buy tickets at the box office for sunday. Will it sell out?
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

TruePoint wrote:I already booked my hotel (Brooklyn Bridge Marriott).
Ditto!
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Is there a special rate for the tournament at the Marriott?
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

download the "Hotel Tonight" app....last minute hotel deals in NYC, usually can find a good option for any budget, hugely discounted last minute sales.

If we get the bye our first game would be Friday
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:Is there a special rate for the tournament at the Marriott?
Not that I know of, I just have a lot of points to use.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I'm a Hilton guy, but wouldn't mind having a KB board contingent staying together. I could swing the Mariott
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote:I'm a Hilton guy, but wouldn't mind having a KB board contingent staying together. I could swing the Mariott
Yeah would definitely be cool to get as many Rhody fans in that hotel as possible. One of my best early memories as a fan was going to the NCAA tournament in Winston-Salem with my dad in 1993 and all the Rhody people taking over the lobby and restaurant/bar. I was 10, and I still remember Rhody fans chanting "goooooooo mountaineers" to each other every time they walked by each other because West Virginia (then in the A10) was playing PC in the NIT.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I just looked up the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott - $300 per night for a room with two double beds (no rollaway beds).
“We will be good when we are good.”
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Me and my brother are staying at Sleep In at Prospect Park. No clue about the area but it was cheap. Any of you all want to designate a particular drinking establishment to hang at?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

BB87 what was the price?
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody83 wrote:I just looked up the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott - $300 per night for a room with two double beds (no rollaway beds).
New Yoooooooork - concrete jungle where things cost a lot, there's nothing you can't doooooo
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Is everyone's plan to go down for Friday game?
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

TruePoint wrote:Is everyone's plan to go down for Friday game?
Just booked it. I'm taking that whole friday off. Just in case we wind up having a noon game :D

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Still unsure if I can make it.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

So people are booking Brooklyn Bridge Marriot huh? Might have to book this one thru Sunday. Hello Brooklyn
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

My daughter lived close to Barclays for a while and we used to stay in the aloft, which is next door to the Sheraton(both Starwood PG properties) about a block or two from the Marriott. aloft is a trendy hype hotel and the rates are $245 for the A10 weekend. I am a big Marriott guy but like SPG too.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: A-10 Tournament - Keaney Blue travel and hotel plans

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I made a modification to the topic title, since I imagine there will be a game-focused tournament thread(s) at some point.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

URI in NYC!
Networking and Spirit events leading up to the
Men's Basketball A-10 Championship!

Championship Pre-game Event!
Date/Time: TBD following tournament schedule announcement
Prepare for some epic battles in Brooklyn! The 2015 Atlantic 10 Men's Basketball Championship will take place at the landmark Barclays Center, right at the crossroads of Flatbush and Atlantic Avenues. Come to our pre-game reception at Buffalo Wild Wings Brooklyn, where you'll be able to partake in great apps, a free raffle, cash bar, and lots of Rhody Spirit. The first tournament game and time will be announced officially on Sunday, March 9th.

Buffalo Wild Wings will be our home base throughout the tournament for our fans to meet up informally before each URI game to rally for the Rams.

Tuesday, March 10 • 6-8 p.m.
Networking Event at LinkedIn
Join account executive Chris Keneally '95 and his LinkedIn colleagues on the 22nd floor of the Empire State Building for a networking reception and exclusive tour of the LinkedIn offices. The first 18 people who register for this event will get a VIP pass to the top of the Empire State Building for that evening! Please register by March 5. You must be registered in advance for security clearance. Cost: $20 per person. Register here for the Networking Event at LinkedIn.

Thursday, March 12 • 6-8 p.m.
A-10 Championship Networking Event
Join the URI Alumni Association as we mark the start of the A-10 Men’s Basketball Championship. Plan to show the full force of your Rhody spirit at 121 Fulton Street, an American bar and grill located in the heart of the Financial District. There will be plenty of great apps and a full cash bar. Cost: $30 per person. Register here for the A-10 Championship Networking Event.

For full details about the Men's Basketball Atlantic 10 Championship, ticket information, hotel accommodations and more, click here.

Shana Greene
Alumni Relations
scgreene@uri.edu
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I was just about to post this. You're in Brooklyn, the Planet, the most ethnically and culturally diverse place on earth, and we are going to home-base at Buff Wild Wings? Lol. I get that they need a sizable place to make sure we can get everyone there, but I don't see myself spending a ton of time at BWW while I'm in BK.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I just got that in an e-mail.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

TruePoint wrote:I was just about to post this. You're in Brooklyn, the Planet, the most ethnically and culturally diverse place on earth, and we are going to home-base at Buff Wild Wings? Lol. I get that they need a sizable place to make sure we can get everyone there, but I don't see myself spending a ton of time at BWW while I'm in BK.
Would you prefer Ba Xuyen or Banhmigos?
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

There has to be a local joint near the arena that has pub food and beer and is not the restaurant version of Target. I know there are multiple near the hotel (including a BBQ place and a Mexican place).
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

just realized I'm going to be on a cruise in Bermuda during the atlantic 10 tournament with only a couple tv channels available!! My girlfriend and my family doesn't understand why I'm so aggravated...They have no idea how important these games are to me especially this season...
I've never been on a cruise before does anyone know if my radio app will work?? I need to listen to the games somehow...
Good news is if we make the a10 finals I dock in New York the morning of..I'll be going to that game 100%!
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
BlueSuitMan
Jim Eitner

Unread post by BlueSuitMan »

Your radio app will probably work. Except on most cruises, there's no free wifi, so expect to pay some ridiculous amount for a low speed wifi connection. Sorry man.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

BlueSuitMan wrote:Your radio app will probably work. Except on most cruises, there's no free wifi, so expect to pay some ridiculous amount for a low speed wifi connection. Sorry man.
Are you the actual owner of the world's greatest suit? If so, welcome aboard! (And if not, welcome anyways.)
BlueSuitMan
Jim Eitner

Unread post by BlueSuitMan »

TruePoint wrote:
BlueSuitMan wrote:Your radio app will probably work. Except on most cruises, there's no free wifi, so expect to pay some ridiculous amount for a low speed wifi connection. Sorry man.
Are you the actual owner of the world's greatest suit? If so, welcome aboard! (And if not, welcome anyways.)

Haha, yes, I am the owner and wearer of the blue suit you see in the front row of section 102. Thanks! I look at Keaney Blue from time to time, but I don't post often at all. I'm definitely gearing up for a great end of this season. Already have my place to stay right outside of NYC for A10, and I'll be canceling on my cousin's wedding if we go to the NCAA.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

BlueSuitMan is Awesome!!!!!!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

BleedBlue87 wrote:Me and my brother are staying at Sleep In at Prospect Park. No clue about the area but it was cheap. Any of you all want to designate a particular drinking establishment to hang at?
I received an email from the URI Alumni Association with this link for URI info for the A10 Tournament
http://alumni.uri.edu/s/1638/02-alumni/ ... 2&pgid=835

They are having pre and post game get togethers for each game at Buffalo Wild Wings Brooklyn.
Link has ticket info and hotel links.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I think the kb board can find other places

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

The Wild Wings is right across the street from the venue in the mall and a common meeting point for events there. Of course there are also about 1,000 other bars and restaurants right in that area.
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

I believe I will be there starting on Friday
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I definitely don't mind using BWW as a rendezvous for before or after games. Hell, I'll even get down on some boneless honey chipotle wings while I'm there. I'm not some kind of "I won't go into a BWW" snob, I just feel like there are so many cool local spots in the vicinity we should be prepared to venture out a little.
Micheal_Phelps_22
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Micheal_Phelps_22 »

This will be my first time seeing the A10 championship in person. I'm moving down to Arizona in April and want to experience as much of this (already) amazing season as possible. I will be driving down with my brother for the Friday games and staying for as long as we keep advancing. I'm looking forward to cheering them on with all of you keaneyblue faithful memebers.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

as you said, its Brooklyn so there are hundreds of places nearby....BWW is chosen for proximity usually, 5 minutes from paying tab to into the arena. I am there to see URI hoops not to tour Guy Fieri's favorite spot. :)
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote:as you said, its Brooklyn so there are hundreds of places nearby....BWW is chosen for proximity usually, 5 minutes from paying tab to into the arena. I am there to see URI hoops not to tour Guy Fieri's favorite spot. :)
Haha I'm thinking more about after games.
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

For Starwood people, I'm planning on staying at the Brooklyn Sheraton. Using points, but roughly $254 per night. 15 min walk to Barclays.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I think Rhody is going to have a good crowd on hand. Where do the teams stay? or our team.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

Aloft for me using spg points.
steviep123
Sly Williams

I haven't been to a full A10 tourney since the early 90s when it used to be in the Palestra. (what a great place to watch a game!). I went to the Spectrum for a semi in 98. I think now my plan is to go to NYC for that weekend (my brother in law lives there) and see games if URI is in it.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

anyone still thinking about going and looking for hotels i found the Union Hotel (choice privileges) only 130 or so a night (plus tax) but it's only a 1/2 mile from Barclays and 1 subway stop

http://www.ascendcollection.com/hotel-b ... gglocaljn1
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Since it looks like a 3 seed and 9pm game - we've got some time to get our TB12 Hydration Plan going.

Plus, as is tradition, I will asking for the same birthday gift I have asked for since I was 6 - A DAMN A10 TITLE

Give to Rhody's NIL
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

I'll be at Brooklyn Bridge Mariott like most of you guys. Meeting up with some old roomates who live in the Philly and Boston areas, who don't get to see Rhody live much. Pumped for next week guys!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Don't know when I'm coming or where I'm staying yet, but I'll keep looking at the board to find out where the pre games will be.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

Making the trip to Barclay's next weekend. Does anybody know if they serve alcohol at the tournament? I've been to NCAA tourney games and I know they prohibit alcohol sales there so I am wondering if the A10 tourney is the same