Game #22: @ St. Joseph's - Wednesday @ 7pm

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Re: Game #22: @ St. Joseph's - Wednesday @ 7pm

Unread post by ramfan85 »

How did you remember all that, Rod? The King had his own limo that followed the team bus. He had a few bucks. What a character. He always thought of Namath as the poor man's Corcoran.

Speaking of the name "Corcoran," Keith's brother (different name) is playing for CCRI.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

In my limited exposure.....Tony Luke's, Pat's , and Geno's......liked Tony Luke's the best.......located under a highway overpass.....had a guy cleaning the tables who looked like Frankie Valli....and he would sing 4 Seasons songs while bussing the tables....worth it just to see him....
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

There was a restaurant in Coatesville (I think) known as The Inn of the Four Falls. Visible water falls on all sides. What a great place to bring a date.
Ah, the good old days.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I think the offense looks better lately. The health of the players figures prominent in that area.

TJ was hurt earlier in the year, his decisive ability to go to the rack strong or pass the ball is very helpful. His leadership is just incredible this year.

EC "on" helps the team.... jury is still out on if his presence hinders Jared in some way.

Hassan coming off a screen down low into a hook shot is deadly. Rebounding... Everything... His stoic demeanor.

Jarvis creates and his elbow shot falls. I think his 3 could get hot at the right time. 1 of the best ballhandlers in the A10 IMHO.

Gil, has been hurt. His best basketball really kicked off this win streak. Always has the valuable hook shot though.

Biggie! his drives are needed. He makes 2-4 athletic plays a game that give him some floater that really help.

Jared is boom or bust right now. I prefer him aggressive, but personally can't argue with his approach. He clearly effects the game on so many levels and tries to ensure victory.

Reischel has offered valuable minutes lately in his ability to make an open shot and take a layup. He also was a beast rebounding against Richmond for whatever reason.

Earl maybe my favorite Ram. He is a 6'6 monster around the rim with the ball in his hands. If he cant dunk it? He gets it in the hole some other way. His D isn't great but him with the ball inside 8 feet is impossible to stop.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That's some really good stuff right there.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Adam quick share! Thanks!
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Love Hurley admitting he lied while recruiting Terrell and Garrett.
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That's a little white lie. Quite acceptable in my book, when it comes to recruiting.

There's a lot worse that could happen.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

If you read the comments of OUR coach and don't love the way he is building this program you are an idiot. I couldn't think of anyone else I would want leading this team.

He says all the right things, he is a thinking mans coach, he is inside the players head. He doesn't hide behind coach speak, given our recent history I think that is great.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

BAR: is that in a response to something or just a general observation?
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: Earl maybe my favorite Ram. He is a 6'6 monster around the rim with the ball in his hands. If he cant dunk it? He gets it in the hole some other way. His D isn't great but him with the ball inside 8 feet is impossible to stop.
Agree he should be a favorite, but disagree about his D not being great. Not that it's a high standard right now, but he is our best low post/big body defender down low.

Though people have said he's missed some rotations and his X's and O's are lacking, when you watch him play, even if he's missing something on a play call, he's making an impact.

During the Richmond game every time the ball went down low, Gil would get backed down and give up the easy bucket. Every time they tried that on Earl, they would realize they hit a wall, and would have to put the ball back up top and reset. On the offensive end he's made a lot of passes before the assist, and knows how to maximize his length. He's certainly not as athletic as Hass, or has a shot from 10 feet like Gil, but I would argue his minutes off the bench have been the most important to us all season.

Seriously every time he comes in, even if it's for 2-4 minutes, good things happen.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

His playing time (earl) depends on match up and foul situation. Against GW in the first half he did a great job on Larson, that is where he is best. Unfortunately the A10 doesn't have many pure post players like Larson.
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Earl is a wall, he gets a lot of fouls from puttin his hands on guys. Or puffing his chest out on them, Refs should lay off those calls.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

ATPTourFan wrote:

Glad to see Koch will be at the game tonight. Maybe now all the geriatrics on this board who still rely on the Projo for sports news will shut up. :roll:
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Reischel has offered valuable minutes lately in his ability to make an open shot and take a layup. He also was a beast rebounding against Richmond for whatever reason.
I've liked the way he has played recently. Had a couple big offensive rebounds in the Richmond game. In his limited minutes in the GW, had a couple boards & a steal & against Fordham had a big 3. I can see him getting a few more minutes against St. Joe's tonight.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I hope we don't need Reischel much tonight.
For every good play he makes, he make a bonehead one.
Did anyone notice that Butler was a DNP, even though all our
guards were in foul trouble?
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

rodfromcranston wrote:I hope we don't need Reischel much tonight.
Butler guarding Kendall Anthony would be scarier than any horror movie ever made.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Hey STC, I resemble that remark.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ram12
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ram12 »

anyone have a stream for this game tonight?
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

ram12 wrote:anyone have a stream for this game tonight?
It's only in the first post of the thread...
Go Rhody!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Gil could be well served by a rest day or two, similar to EC. In the meantime, if Reischel can just stick to what he does best on not try to do things like handle the ball in transition then I think this team could get by without Gil for a game or two. Better to have him closer to full strength for the stretch run. I'd kind of like to see what Earl could do with a more prominent role, anyways.

As much as I admire his toughness, if it is a close decision Gil should sit.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SmartyBarrett wrote:
Butler guarding Kendall Anthony would be scarier than any horror movie ever made.
I don't know, the second half of the Richmond game was kind of a horror movie in itself. I was thinking today that if we get a first round bye in the A10 Tournament that we could face Richmond in our first game. I would think that our Coaching staff could come up with some options. I did not see the game live, but kept track on my I-Phone, then I watched the next day. I expected officiating to be far worse than I saw on the replay based on the board reactions of the In-Game, but I was amazed at teh play of Anthony.
I did not think Anthony should have been selected for first team All Conference and still didn't prior to our game, but after that exhibition I changed my mind.
Preseason First Team All-Conference*
Name School Year Pos. Ht. Wt. PPG RPG APG
Jordan Sibert Dayton Sr. G 6-4 187 12.2 2.3 1.5
Patricio Garino George Washington Jr. G/F 6-6 208 12.1 4.4 2.0
Kendall Anthony Richmond Sr. G 5-8 140 15.9 1.5 1.6
DeAndre’ Bembry Saint Joseph’s So. F 6-6 210 12.1 4.5 2.7
Treveon Graham VCU Sr. G/F 6-6 250 15.8 7.0 2.0
Briante Weber VCU Sr. G 6-2 165 9.4 4.1 3.9
*There was a tie for the last spot on the team
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I don't like Anthony's game at all. Gimmicky game, and totally dependent on referee's protection - both to get him to the line and to get the game to a place where he cannot be defended like any other player. I hope to avoid ever watching him play again if I can help it, so I hope you aren't right about facing Richmond in the tournament. If I had an all-conference vote he wouldn't even be a consideration for my ballot.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Several Maladies....I guess he's sick and he has some sort of knee injury. Why won't they just say what's wrong?
Rest him!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Bill Belichick gave the injury report.

St. Joe's is the smallest team we face, besides Dayton.
Hassan and Big Earl should be fine, as long as the zebra's
don't call fouls for breathing on St. Joe's players.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote:I don't like Anthony's game at all. Gimmicky game, and totally dependent on referee's protection - both to get him to the line and to get the game to a place where he cannot be defended like any other player. I hope to avoid ever watching him play again if I can help it, so I hope you aren't right about facing Richmond in the tournament. If I had an all-conference vote he wouldn't even be a consideration for my ballot.
Wow. Disagree with all of that.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

I wonder if TJ will start.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Iggy1979 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:I don't like Anthony's game at all. Gimmicky game, and totally dependent on referee's protection - both to get him to the line and to get the game to a place where he cannot be defended like any other player. I hope to avoid ever watching him play again if I can help it, so I hope you aren't right about facing Richmond in the tournament. If I had an all-conference vote he wouldn't even be a consideration for my ballot.
There were even Richmond fans on their board saying that he is totally dependent on the refs bailing him out all the time. I take their word for it since they watch him all the time.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

ramster wrote:
SmartyBarrett wrote:
I don't know, the second half of the Richmond game was kind of a horror movie in itself. I was thinking today that if we get a first round bye in the A10 Tournament that we could face Richmond in our first game. I would think that our Coaching staff could come up with some options. I did not see the game live, but kept track on my I-Phone, then I watched the next day. I expected officiating to be far worse than I saw on the replay based on the board reactions of the In-Game, but I was amazed at teh play of Anthony.
I did not think Anthony should have been selected for first team All Conference and still didn't prior to our game, but after that exhibition I changed my mind.
Preseason First Team All-Conference*
Name School Year Pos. Ht. Wt. PPG RPG APG
Jordan Sibert Dayton Sr. G 6-4 187 12.2 2.3 1.5
Patricio Garino George Washington Jr. G/F 6-6 208 12.1 4.4 2.0
Kendall Anthony Richmond Sr. G 5-8 140 15.9 1.5 1.6
DeAndre’ Bembry Saint Joseph’s So. F 6-6 210 12.1 4.5 2.7
Treveon Graham VCU Sr. G/F 6-6 250 15.8 7.0 2.0
Briante Weber VCU Sr. G 6-2 165 9.4 4.1 3.9
*There was a tie for the last spot on the team
I think Garino drops down and I guess Weber.
Hassan has a shot to move into the group; EC will have to finish strong.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:
Just one man's opinion. I think it is ingrained in me to be aggravated by little water bug guards because I was a pretty long guard and had a really tough time checking quick tiny guys. Also, I hate when refs officiate the game differently based on who they are officiating. It wasn't fair that it was impossible to foul Shaq, and it isn't fair that it is impossible NOT to foul Anthony. He shouldn't get special treatment because he is built like a fifth grader.

And he bothers me especially; his game is all awkward floating, stepback, off balance gimmickry, and I am a huge fan of not that. It is the basketball equivalent of boxing lefty or throwing a knuckleball.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

I see an undersized player who has had to be creative his whole life while playing a big man's games. I'm amazed when his shots go in. Without him, Richmond loses by 20 to URI. URI could not guard him and Hassan couldn't even block his shots.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:I see an undersized player who has had to be creative his whole life while playing a big man's games. I'm amazed when his shots go in. Without him, Richmond loses by 20 to URI. URI could not guard him and Hassan couldn't even block his shots.
To be clear, I don't disagree with one word of this. I just have a personal preference for more conventional, I guess.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Whose got the link to the online stream....
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

STC wrote:Whose got the link to the online stream....
Have you guys ever considered looking for the link before asking about it? It is in the first post in this thread, and that is mentioned labour a handful of posts before this one.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

TruePoint wrote:
STC wrote:Whose got the link to the online stream....
Have you guys ever considered looking for the link before asking about it? It is in the first post in this thread, and that is mentioned labour a handful of posts before this one.

Nah, that requires too much work. Plus i'm mildly amused at how bothered you are by me asking. :D
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

HOW DARE YOU DISTURB TP!
YOUR TEMERITY IN ASKING FOR A LINK
HAS RUINED HIS DAY!!!
FROM HERE ON,YOU WILL BE BANNED
FROM SUCH FURTHER REQUESTS,
UNDER PENALTY OF HAVING TO WATCH ALL OF
BRESSLER'S VIDEOS!!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The missing link - George the animal steel
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

I am new to this, but when I click on that link that says FREE, it comes up to the A10 network website asking me to pay the subscription first to watch?

NVM all set, for me the link was bringing me to a different game. Simply had to click the St Joes vs URI link.
Last edited by Guest 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

EC is playing correct?
Clapton is God
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I just don't understand why it is easier to ask the question and wait for a response. Those links are always available at or near the top of the thread. It's like when my mom calls me to ask me something that I have to google....I can't ever understand why it is better for her to call me than just google it herself.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Here's you missing link!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rodfromcranston wrote:Here's you missing link!
George was From parts unknown
He loved to eat those turnbuckles
He also loved Randy's savages' girlfriend what was her name?
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

matthew_luca wrote:I am new to this, but when I click on that link that says FREE, it comes up to the A10 network website asking me to pay the subscription first to watch?

NVM all set, for me the link was bringing me to a different game. Simply had to click the St Joes vs URI link.
The LIVE NOW video that says St. Josephs is actually the Women's game which IS a premium game. Further down that list of shows on the right you will see Men's BB with URI and Joe's which is NOT a premium game. It is not currently airing, but is scheduled to go live around 6:40 (2 minutes).

Also, while we're talking A10 network streaming, if you have a mobile device or tablet such as iPhone or iPad, you MUST download the FREE Atlantic 10 app and go to the LIVE section in the menu to watch the video.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Stream is up on the A10 App playing a URI/SJU animation with some groovy music.

Stream is also up on the web for traditional flash-enabled computers: Click to launch stream for laptops