How Davidson Does It

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
MrRamsDen76
Michael Andersen

How Davidson Does It

Unread post by MrRamsDen76 »

luke
Cuttino Mobley

Re: How Davidson Does It

Unread post by luke »

It will be very interesting to see if the Davidson offense can take the URI defense apart on the road. They have shot lights out on their home court but not so much on the road where they have not scored over 65 points in regulation in four league games and are 2-2. They pulled out an overtime win at George Mason in their last game, scoring 15 in overtime. Richmond beat them by26. They played tough at VCU in a loss, scoring only 63.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I don't think Davidson matches up well against us. Our guards are physical.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

We play unbelievable defense. Just need the offense in this one.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Well, we have 13th best 3FG% Defense NATIONALLY vs Davidson's 30th best 3FG% Offense.

Something tells me our defense will show up and be the constant force.
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

If Rhody somehow is getting points when Davidson comes here, jump all over it. Great matchup for us.
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

All well and good, but we need EC's offense in the games against the better teams.

He needs to be as healthy as he can be for those games.

Our defense will keep us in the games, but we have to be able to score.

I'm talking about GW, Davidson, and Dayton. The rest of the teams we'll play, we can grind them out on defense.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

True. As far as Davidson, I was very much a doubter and thought Dayton would slow down their offense, but they weren't able to get it done. granted Davidson had a lights out shooting game at home where they shoot and score much better, but their constant ball screens and motion impressed me. However, I epect URI to do a better job on the screens and avoid allowing wide open three point opportunities that Dayton couldn't.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Where in the A-10 stack were they predicted to finish?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Hass shuts down screen roll situations.

Gil? hit or miss, he can be put in a situation where he will foul, either on the ball handler or in recovery.

Earl? I love Earl but he generally fouls on D no matter what. Hide him and he is a force on offense.

Reischel? defends the screen and roll and finds himself guarding a vendor in the stands.

I like all our guards defense, I think EC helps them with height in rebounding/1-2 blocked shots a game.

Obviously Jarvis and Jared are just amazing with where their defense is for freshmen.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

section(105) wrote:Where in the A-10 stack were they predicted to finish?
They were picked 12th, just behind Duquesne. Exhibit A for why preseason picks mean nothing.
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Remember when our perimeter D was awful? No longer.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Hass shuts down screen roll situations.

Gil? hit or miss, he can be put in a situation where he will foul, either on the ball handler or in recovery.

Earl? I love Earl but he generally fouls on D no matter what. Hide him and he is a force on offense.

Reischel? defends the screen and roll and finds himself guarding a vendor in the stands.

I like all our guards defense, I think EC helps them with height in rebounding/1-2 blocked shots a game.

Obviously Jarvis and Jared are just amazing with where their defense is for freshmen.
Martin has become a legend for shot blocking and deservedly so but EC has had some truly spectacular and clutch blocked shots this year, especially on fast breaks whereby the opponent thought he had the two points only to have EC appear from nowhere and perform an incredibly athletic block, TJ has also had some nice blocks.