They Can't Hide

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Ernie Calverley

They Can't Hide

Unread post by Blue Man »

because mood.

So reading the excuses of the brown loss from that friar mouthpiece rag on fountain street - it came to me:

They're scared.

They looked ahead past BC, past Brown... to us. Lowly, little brother, URI. Why?

They're scared.

They buried the loss and that pathetic performance last night in paragraphs of "trade offs" and "TV scheduling" and took everything off of the team on what was a pathetic showing. A showing that if it had happened in Kingston (not in the last 3 decades) would've been front page news of how bad the rams were, a program in shambles...basically exactly like the friar board today (mmm your tears, give me your tears).

WELL GUESS FUCKING WHAT PUSSIES? YOU. CAN'T. BURY. TOMORROW.

wah - we played 2 games in 4 days. wah - we had a 9pm game. jesus. grow up. your team, your crowd, your program just got flat embarrassed in your own house...by Brown. BROWN. Own it. Live in it. Bryce Cotton ain't walking through that door.

The Nebraska game was a signal that our program had turned a corner. Tomorrow is a game that will announce that we've arrived. No longer in the shadows. No longer back page news. No longer second fiddle. A win over those "big east" champs tomorrow and there will be no more big brother. No more 2nd mention. No more safety school bullshit.

We're too talented. Too hungry. Too tired of a long winter. So do your part tomorrow fans:

Invade their space. Take over their bars. Be on your feet. Yell til you get dizzy. Scream til you rupture blood vessels. If you want this it has to come from the crowd. If you feel it, the players will feel it. You saw what happened when Nebraska came. We can lift this team. Their building is an empty barn. FILL IT WITH NOISE.

We aren't going to get one ounce of respect and we shouldn't. We shouldn't want it. We haven't done shit against them in 4 years. We have to earn it, and we haven't. That's good...let them be cocky. Let them disrespect us - just be louder. Be louder. BE FUCKING LOUDER.

OUR STATE. OUR TEAM.

Fuck you private school yuppies. Fuck the fact that most of the people in the dunk haven't even set foot on the PC campus. Fuck you fake alums.

I hope you don't lay down like you did on Saturday. I hope you don't bend over like you did on Monday. I hope you show up. I hope you have your best. AND WE WILL TAKE YOUR BEST AND SHOVE IT BACK DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT LIKE A HASSAN MARTIN SWAT DOWN TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL.

YOU CANT BURY THAT.

Front page news. RHODY TAKES THE STATE TOMORROW. RHODY OWNS THE STATE TOMORROW. PAINT THIS GOD DAMN STATE KEANEY BLUE TOMORROW. RHODY IS FUCKING BACK AND WE ANNOUNCE IT TOMORROW.

I want PC's shots to fall. I want the refs in their fucking pocket. I want to take their best shot, smile, spit back in their face AND KNOCK THEM THE FUCK OUT. NO MORE EXCUSES. NO TECHNICALITIES. NO MORE HIDING. COME AND FUCKING GET IT BOYS LETS RIP THEIR GOD DAMN HEARTS OUT.

We're coming.
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: They Can't Hide

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Carmina Burana. Hmmm. One of the weirdest psuedo-classics.
Look up the lyrics. Truly strange.
However, I'm impressed Blue Man. Not many would have
known to pull this one out as background listening.
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Awesome!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Now that is some serious PC hate there!

(Nice)
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

That is some serious passion also! Great post.

If our crowd and team root and play with that kind of passion, PC might as well not show up!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

This worked before we #BeatNebraska. Nice job, BlueMan!!
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
lasumesa
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by lasumesa »

Wow. Blue Man. You must have to take a shower after these postings.
I love it. I can't wait for 7 pm tomorrow!!
Go Rhody!!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Can Blue Man's pep talks be a semi-regular feature (only for big games)?
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Someone send that pep talk to Dan, and hopefully he would read it to them in the locker room before the game.

They'd start the game like a bunch of crazed dogs!
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

They better have some back-up in 111.
We undoubtedly are going to make some
season-ticket holders wish they had chosen
a different section!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

"fuck you fake alums" ILL DRINK TO THAT AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU SAID! GO RAMS
GO RAMS
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Blue Man wrote:

because mood.

So reading the excuses of the brown loss from that friar mouthpiece rag on fountain street - it came to me:

They're scared.

They looked ahead past BC, past Brown... to us. Lowly, little brother, URI. Why?

They're scared.

They buried the loss and that pathetic performance last night in paragraphs of "trade offs" and "TV scheduling" and took everything off of the team on what was a pathetic showing. A showing that if it had happened in Kingston (not in the last 3 decades) would've been front page news of how bad the rams were, a program in shambles...basically exactly like the friar board today (mmm your tears, give me your tears).

WELL GUESS FUCKING WHAT PUSSIES? YOU. CAN'T. BURY. TOMORROW.

wah - we played 2 games in 4 days. wah - we had a 9pm game. jesus. grow up. your team, your crowd, your program just got flat embarrassed in your own house...by Brown. BROWN. Own it. Live in it. Bryce Cotton ain't walking through that door.

The Nebraska game was a signal that our program had turned a corner. Tomorrow is a game that will announce that we've arrived. No longer in the shadows. No longer back page news. No longer second fiddle. A win over those "big east" champs tomorrow and there will be no more big brother. No more 2nd mention. No more safety school bullshit.

We're too talented. Too hungry. Too tired of a long winter. So do your part tomorrow fans:

Invade their space. Take over their bars. Be on your feet. Yell til you get dizzy. Scream til you rupture blood vessels. If you want this it has to come from the crowd. If you feel it, the players will feel it. You saw what happened when Nebraska came. We can lift this team. Their building is an empty barn. FILL IT WITH NOISE.

We aren't going to get one ounce of respect and we shouldn't. We shouldn't want it. We haven't done shit against them in 4 years. We have to earn it, and we haven't. That's good...let them be cocky. Let them disrespect us - just be louder. Be louder. BE FUCKING LOUDER.

OUR STATE. OUR TEAM.

Fuck you private school yuppies. Fuck the fact that most of the people in the dunk haven't even set foot on the PC campus. Fuck you fake alums.

I hope you don't lay down like you did on Saturday. I hope you don't bend over like you did on Monday. I hope you show up. I hope you have your best. AND WE WILL TAKE YOUR BEST AND SHOVE IT BACK DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT LIKE A HASSAN MARTIN SWAT DOWN TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL.

YOU CANT BURY THAT.

Front page news. RHODY TAKES THE STATE TOMORROW. RHODY OWNS THE STATE TOMORROW. PAINT THIS GOD DAMN STATE KEANEY BLUE TOMORROW. RHODY IS FUCKING BACK AND WE ANNOUNCE IT TOMORROW.

I want PC's shots to fall. I want the refs in their fucking pocket. I want to take their best shot, smile, spit back in their face AND KNOCK THEM THE FUCK OUT. NO MORE EXCUSES. NO TECHNICALITIES. NO MORE HIDING. COME AND FUCKING GET IT BOYS LETS RIP THEIR GOD DAMN HEARTS OUT.

We're coming.
I want this said to the team just before they take the floor.
Followed by "Now let us pray."
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Wow. A tip of the hat and a lifting of the glass. You just made me sound like Goldilocks.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I gotta buy a round for blue ram the next time I am at a game...

bring home a victory tomorrow boys and rush their court !!!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Elm, there's Theblueram, who's a good guy,
and there's Blue Man, who is being chased by men with nets.
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

lets bring the pain....Blue Man is awesome!! I'm charged up
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

For as long as I can rememer this tilt was a can't miss game even as child listening to Chris Clark on radio with the rabbit years turned to get the "simulcast " from Alumni Hall....as always, kick their ass... Pure and simple....kick their ass.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Appropriate title for this game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

My dad read some of the article to me yesterday, I refuse to buy that rag, but it sounded like another laugher from the Blow Jo.

Love these posts, Blue Man's choice of inspirational music is great! Carmina Burana was first put into my ear as the soundtrack to Excalibur the absolute greatest retelling of the Camelot/round table story. I would love this to be our intro music at home games. As far as the actual lyrics go, they are non-consequential, the vocals are just another instrument that blends perfectly with the rest of the composition, every sound of this piece says exactly what Blue Man is getting at, "We're coming!" almost as if we have a divine right to victory.
An absolute great post Blue Man!
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Hoosiers - Dennis Hopper "Son, kick their butt"
BEAT THEM!!!!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

My first notice of Carmina Burana was in a Mercedes commercial,
Not a favorite. To screechy and hysterical.

Written in Hitler's Germany in the 1930's.
"Orff’s masterpiece greatly appealed to the Nazi regime, to whom its rhythms, as one critic put it, were reminiscent of the “stamping columns of the Third Reich”. When Carmina Burana was first performed at La Scala, in 1942, it was as a showpiece for fascist values"
To each his own.

As for the Arthurian legend, I prefer King Arthur with Clive Owens (who should have been the new James Bond)
and Kira Knightly.
It's based on the historic theory that Arthur Castus was the son of a Roman,
and was in Britain at the time of the Saxon invasion.
I liked it well enough that I named my Dogue, Arthur Castus.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

written in Germany in the 30's doesn't mean written for Germany in the 30's, also it was written and is performed in Italian, which is the most musical language currently on earth, It's not a song about glory or conquest, it is a composition about life's struggles, fate taking us as it will and the individuals strength who boldly accepts that fate, the piece is the voice of that fate, it is not the voice of one army or person or outfit defeating another. This is one reason it so fits the story of Camelot, which is actually more a story about characters fulfilling their fates than a story about a wonderful shiny city. Either way the fact that it was hi-jacked by the fascist world doesn't make it a song about or a rally for fascism.

I very much enjoyed Clive Owens as King Arthur, but to me, for all the quirkiness and low budget genius I'll always love "Excalibur" most.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

First Knight with Sean Connery and Richard Gere should have been better,
but looked like it was too showbusy.
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

RESTORE THE GLORY !
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

neil wrote:Hoosiers - Dennis Hopper "Son, kick their butt"
BEAT THEM!!!!
Don't get caught watching the paint dry
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

This break down of Carmina Burana by Running Ram!!

I love when posters just lay down the knowledge. The dixie classic the other day.

Rod saying there were radio shows before message boards he called into.

The best was probably whoever broke down RI and explained that it is made up of villages. (because the PC guy was saying Newport is so far from URI.)
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Carmina Burana, based on 13th century song texts, is music which vividly depicts life in the Middle Ages. The very dynamic opening chorus, O Fortuna, suggesting that much in life depends on luck could be an apt URI anthem for tonight's game. The second section is also apropos to college life as it features male drinking songs conveying a variety of moods including cynicism.

As a coincidence, for those interested, you can hear a live production of Carmina Burana when it is performed by the RI Philharmonic combined with the Providence Singers at the Vets, on May 9, 2015.
Last edited by Obadiah 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

URI96 wrote:
neil wrote:Hoosiers - Dennis Hopper "Son, kick their butt"
BEAT THEM!!!!
Don't get caught watching the paint dry
I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented....
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

PC is now just another game for URI. Should PC win, the ProJo will rightfully call URI a program in shambles. Let's face it, PC was disrobed by the implosion of the old Big East. As with programs in all areas that are disrobed, the fall in reputation trails reality as they are bolstered by the spoils from their past. It would be in poor taste for the ProJo to disparage the mortally wounded. The small gathering at the Brown game was a harbinger of a return to playing games at Alumni Hall. For poor PC, Dave Gavitt is not going to walk through that door.
NCAAs or Bust!
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Rhody72 wrote:PC is now just another game for URI. Should PC win, the ProJo will rightfully call URI a program in shambles. Let's face it, PC was disrobed by the implosion of the old Big East. As with programs in all areas that are disrobed, the fall in reputation trails reality as they are bolstered by the spoils from their past. It would be in poor taste for the ProJo to disparage the mortally wounded. The small gathering at the Brown game was a harbinger of a return to playing games at Alumni Hall. For poor PC, Dave Gavitt is not going to walk through that door.
Congrats! you are now in second place behind SWC for dumbest post of the year! PC v URI will NEVER be "just another game" for either school.
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Yeah, and if we lose, we're a "program in shambles"?????
Wow...............
Definitely out to lunch post.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhody72 wrote:PC is now just another game for URI. Should PC win, the ProJo will rightfully call URI a program in shambles. Let's face it, PC was disrobed by the implosion of the old Big East. As with programs in all areas that are disrobed, the fall in reputation trails reality as they are bolstered by the spoils from their past. It would be in poor taste for the ProJo to disparage the mortally wounded. The small gathering at the Brown game was a harbinger of a return to playing games at Alumni Hall. For poor PC, Dave Gavitt is not going to walk through that door.
I'm still trying to figure out if this is supposed to be a joke or not...
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

Likewise Adam...
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Lot of disrobing going on in that post.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Come on guys, keep your pants on!
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Excellent troll post
El Diablo
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by El Diablo »

Nebraska isn't very good.
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Neither is PC
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Neither are Brown or BC
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

He couldn't fit through the door.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramfan85 wrote:
He couldn't fit through the door.
I love it!.....the fat asshole!
El Diablo
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by El Diablo »

Well I'll be damned.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

El Diablo wrote:Well I'll be damned.
You guys came off two terrible games and played your best game. We came off our best game and played terrible. It happens. Based on what I saw tonight, if URI and PC played 10 times we'd win eight. So enjoy it. I think it'll be your last one for a while.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I don't think we played terrible, but you're right TP, tonight was an opportunity lost.

We're at least as good as they are, even with the youth at the most important spot in the lineup.

And later in the year, both teams will be better, and I think we'll still be as good or better than them.

Too late now, unless we play each other in the Not Invited Tournament.

My guess is, we'll both be there.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

we will be favored by 6-8 next year at the RC. and we will win. this year to me would still have been an upset. we both have holes, they had a great 6 minute spurt gotta give em credit.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I think we still have to get at least one more big to compete with PC next year. They have some good young bigs who will only get better. As of now, we have Hassan, Earl and Iffy, that's it.
peeps4life
Kenny Green

Unread post by peeps4life »

TruePoint wrote:
You guys came off two terrible games and played your best game. We came off our best game and played terrible. It happens. Based on what I saw tonight, if URI and PC played 10 times we'd win eight. So enjoy it. I think it'll be your last one for a while.
this wasn't even close to our best game. not even close. i wouldn't even characterize bc as worst. brown... definitely.

it's early for some of you folks to be talking about being favored next year.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Yes, it was a bad loss, but as you said it was more a big lost opportunity. We are not ready for the prime time. As for PC, breaking a three game losing streak and winning may obscure the reality that this Friar team has some flaws. They are lucky they are not playing in the old BE.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

peeps4life wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
this wasn't even close to our best game. not even close. i wouldn't even characterize bc as worst. brown... definitely.

it's early for some of you folks to be talking about being favored next year.
Hey we only play once this year, and you guys played better tonight and deserved to win. I'm not trying to be a poor sport about it. That's what happened. But I certainly didn't see anything tonight to make me think you have a better team than we do. You were better tonight. If we played tomorrow, I'd like us. You guys know exactly how I feel. You felt it Monday night.